Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Loved the stream. Sounds like my 600 vanguard and 600 crucible marks turn into commendations to use on factions. WOOO!

Glad that if i get a shader from a faction package it will now be ONE I NEED! Not that i have gotten many doubles, but it has happened. Im only missing 1 from each faction to have all 4.

Not sure how i feel about the 200 legendary mark cap, and how its shared with all three characters. Makes me feel like once i get to the cap im going to have to stop whatever im doing to make sure to spend those marks on something.

Love that i can get the upgraded exotic from the ones i have, which is ALL OF THEM! That new suros looks cool, wonder how the Ghorn will be made even better.

Vault looked awesome. All that room has me thinking of making a new warlock to use that boost to 25 level on. LOL. Maybe.

I wish they would have shown the shader collection.

They never talked about relics.

If those 3 dances are the ones that come in the $20 dollar pack, consider me uninterested. That female titan dance was pretty funny though, but the other two were nothing special. I wonder what race that titan was.

I find myself actually liking all of the changes and new additions. I didn't think that I would before catching the twitch stream. Although, I was kind of hoping for a higher Legendary mark total than 200 if they're combining Crucible and Vanguard marks into one. If they're easy to earn I guess that won't be as much of a problem though.

Those new dance moves  :shock:

Loved the stream. Sounds like my 600 vanguard and 600 crucible marks turn into commendations to use on factions. WOOO!

Glad that if i get a shader from a faction package it will now be ONE I NEED! Not that i have gotten many doubles, but it has happened. Im only missing 1 from each faction to have all 4.

Not sure how i feel about the 200 legendary mark cap, and how its shared with all three characters. Makes me feel like once i get to the cap im going to have to stop whatever im doing to make sure to spend those marks on something.

Love that i can get the upgraded exotic from the ones i have, which is ALL OF THEM! That new suros looks cool, wonder how the Ghorn will be made even better.

Vault looked awesome. All that room has me thinking of making a new warlock to use that boost to 25 level on. LOL. Maybe.

I wish they would have shown the shader collection.

They never talked about relics.

If those 3 dances are the ones that come in the $20 dollar pack, consider me uninterested. That female titan dance was pretty funny though, but the other two were nothing special. I wonder what race that titan was.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong...but I did not see a Gjallarhorn in the year 2 heavy weapon exotics tab for repurchase. DeeJ had one on the second collection page but I don't remember it in the year 2 heavy weapon spot.

EDIT: Just went back and watched that section again. Year 2 Heavy Weapons were Thunderlord and Truth. No Gjallarhorn.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not see the GHorn in the year 2 Collection.  Anyone else notice that?  It should have been there like the Suros if it was going to to carry over to year 2.  :cry:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...but I did not see a Gjallarhorn in the year 2 heavy weapon exotics tab for repurchase. DeeJ had one on the second collection page but I don't remember it in the year 2 heavy weapon spot.
My bad, i made that comment just guessing, i didnt see the gjallarhorn.

Also you apparently hold 999,999 shards but still only 200 helium. -_-

I did not see the GHorn in the year 2 Collection. Anyone else notice that? It should have been there like the Suros if it was going to to carry over to year 2. :cry:
Just went back and watched that section again. Year 2 Heavy Weapons were Thunderlord and Truth. No Gjallarhorn.

I don't think 72 vault spaces for weapons will be enough, Considering the pre dlc lengendary and raid weapons, new raid weapons, weapons from the different foundries, faction weapons (vanguard, crucible, new monarchy, dead orbit, FWC), gun smith weapons, plus special drops from crucible and strikes.  Combine that with the different possible perks that you can randomly get. Most hard core players will fill that up pretty fast

What's everyone take on the way they will determine your level on day 1? 

From what they said, it seems that you should get/use Etheric Light on all of your armor pieces so that they have the highest level possible when they do their algorithm. Seems like having any un-upgraded raid/original/DLC1 gear sitting in your inventory/vault will negatively impact your score due to their lower level. 

What's everyone take on the way they will determine your level on day 1?

From what they said, it seems that you should get/use Etheric Light on all of your armor pieces so that they have the highest level possible when they do their algorithm. Seems like having any un-upgraded raid/original/DLC1 gear sitting in your inventory/vault will negatively impact your score due to their lower level.
You just have to keep one set so you can get to lvl 34.

Man stupid work got in the way... stopped watching around the Legendary Marks conversion.

Hopefully it's on youtube soon or someone provides a write-up on everything.

The 200 mark limit is dumb since it looks like we'll be able to get so much very easily.  You even get marks for dismantling armor.  They're the new motes of light for TTK ;)

Going back to the exotic blueprints... that's exactly what I hoped they would do.  Once I get an exotic, I want to be always be able to easily reaquire it.  There are a bunch of exotics that I don't use, but I didn't want to shard them since they could become useful.  No need to worry about that anymore.

Being able to replicate as many as I want is icing on the cake.

And bigger vault space was coming, just from the way they tried to set it up during the stream.  Deej is just a terrible actor :lol:

So who is raiding tonight...it seems like most people dont want to do VOG cause they are only after crux or one exotic (never mind that the vog gives you 6 chances at exotics if you pull the chest and do atheon 3x). I still want to get some of the vog armor last week I got no armor at all.

You just have to keep one set so you can get to lvl 34.
The way it sounded was that they look at ALL the armor you have to determine starting level. I would like to assume that you are correct. Would be dumb to penalize for old raid gear....but I would not put anything past Bungie...

So who is raiding tonight...it seems like most people dont want to do VOG cause they are only after crux or one exotic (never mind that the vog gives you 6 chances at exotics if you pull the chest and do atheon 3x). I still want to get some of the vog armor last week I got no armor at all.
The exotic's available in VoG are pre-DLC exotics. Most people seem to have all of those and are after the last post-DLC exotics they need (i.e. from the Deathsinger/Crota).

I have been trying to get a Fatebringer to drop for forever but seems pointless now (since year 1 weapons cannot be upgraded...err, ascended.....err, infused). I don't have any issue with running VoG though. Just don't want to take a spot from someone who actually wants something from it either. Likely when I'm not wanting the weapon is exactly when it will drop....

The way it sounded was that they look at ALL the armor you have to determine starting level. I would like to assume that you are correct. Would be dumb to penalize for old raid gear....but I would not put anything past Bungie...
They can tell if you hit Level 34. So as long as you've done that on your toon, you should be fine.

Now if you deleted that toon to create a new one, but kept the old armor... you might have a problem. Guess it depends on whether you equipped the armor on that toon and did some activities.

They can tell if you hit Level 34. So as long as you've done that on your toon, you should be fine.

Now if you deleted that toon to create a new one, but kept the old armor... you might have a problem. Guess it depends on whether you equipped the armor on that toon and did some activities.
The less grinding at the start the better. It would suck for those who deleted a character because they didn't like the type/gender they initially selected. I would find it hard for them to penalize you if you had fully upgraded gear (i.e. you had to play with it to have it upgraded) only to knock you back because of their stupid mechanic (i.e. can't give your guardian new hair/marks/colors/etc)

I want to know what the 5 bounties were that crucible guy had that you needed to do to get the 6th one that rewards a nightfall type reward. I think the first one said kill 8 guardians in control while having 2 capture points. But i didnt read the other four. Hopefully you dont have to do that in one match.

Is it september 15th yet?

That Spark of Light though... has me thinking.

Might shard my awoken Warlock to make an exo Warlock. But I'll drink some more before I decide.

I want to know what the 5 bounties were that crucible guy had that you needed to do to get the 6th one that rewards a nightfall type reward. I think the first one said kill 8 guardians in control while having 2 capture points. But i didnt read the other four. Hopefully you dont have to do that in one match.

They'll probably rotate them like all bounties.

The way I understood it, they will scan all armor you have to determine what light level you are currently. So even if you've never equipped the appropriate armor to be 34, if you have that in your inventory/vault, you'll be 34 when TTK launches. So if all your armor only gets you to say level 31, then you'll be that level.

But even if you don't have that armor in your inventory, they can detect the highest level you've ever been and will go with whichever is highest, up to 34.

Bounty 1: Win 2 Crucible matches with an individual score of atleast 1500 points
Bounty 2: Win 7 matches
Bounty 3: Win one game in three different Crucible game modes
Bounty 4: Earn points in any featured playlist. Crucible wins are 3 points. Starting a new match costs 1 point.
Bounty 5: Complete the Crucible Daily on 3 different days.
Bounty 6: Complete all 5 of Shaxx's weekly bounties in one week.

The exotic's available in VoG are pre-DLC exotics. Most people seem to have all of those and are after the last post-DLC exotics they need (i.e. from the Deathsinger/Crota).

I have been trying to get a Fatebringer to drop for forever but seems pointless now (since year 1 weapons cannot be upgraded...err, ascended.....err, infused). I don't have any issue with running VoG though. Just don't want to take a spot from someone who actually wants something from it either. Likely when I'm not wanting the weapon is exactly when it will drop....
LOL Honestly never even noticed the exotics thing...

I just got a message after a salvage game from someone on my team:

"Wtf i had way more kills than you and you got more points?"

Yeah learn how to play the game, idiot.

Two words we are all missing from the live stream:

ARC EDGE!!!

Heavy Weapon Sword with Arc Damage.

"Use L2 to guard. Effective against Solar and Void attacks, less effective against Arc attacks."

[attachment=16661:Arc Edge (1).jpg]

[attachment=16662:Arc Edge (2).jpg]

Yeah, Planet Destiny mentioned the sword, but I don't think they knew what it was called.

Finally watched the end of the twitch stream and saw the new dance moves... Luke Smith lied!  That doesn't make me want to throw money at the screen.  The Hammer slide fails simply because it looks like you're stomping ants, where the warlock looks like he's got ants in his pants.

Give me the Running Man or the Carlton and you'll see me slipping bills into the HDMI port.

Yeah those dances were pretty lame, not worth 20 dollars. But wish they would have went into more detail about them. Are those the 20 dollar emotes? Can you equip them on any guardian?

A sword, thats something i wanted when the random swords of crota came out during patrols. So i would love to get that.

So we are going back to a world where we cant reroll our guns, or maybe only reroll HoW legendary weapons? They didnt really say when talking about the gunsmith.

Yeah those dances were pretty lame, not worth 20 dollars. But wish they would have went into more detail about them. Are those the 20 dollar emotes? Can you equip them on any guardian?

A sword, thats something i wanted when the random swords of crota came out during patrols. So i would love to get that.

So we are going back to a world where we cant reroll our guns, or maybe only reroll HoW legendary weapons? They didnt really say when talking about the gunsmith.
I'm pretty sure rerolling is gone.

I think reforge is over... for Year 2 weapons anyway.  That's the point of the infusion process. (who knows what happens with IB guns)

You might find a Year 2 gun that you like but it's attack power is low.  You infuse it to bring up to snuff.

They pretty much took back control of weapons and their respective perks and are hoping this will create more variety in everyone's load out.  We'll see

The only thing I ever grinded for in Destiny was that "perfect" legendary PVP gun. That "want" was eliminated with rerolling and HoW. I have not cared to do a single PVE element since early June. I was excited longer for HoW than the time it took me to get over it. 

Anyways im so excited to play TTK. I havent disliked anything at all. Im also VERY excited to see how PVP will change. :D

Prison of Elders looked so good in previews and on paper, but then got boring real fast. Bungie was a master hyper for HoW, and they're doing the same with TTK. But the difference now, is there seem to be actual changes. Things that will keep people playing longer. If you get bored with the new strike or raid, then fine there are a ton of new quests and bounties and general crap to do.

I thought the crota content was way better than the wolves content...I'm looking forward to auto rifles coming back...I still use them and I dont care if it takes forever to kill something...New Suros will be my jam for sure.

Well, I'm officially done looking for Black Hammer.  It's  a year 1 gun so no infusion.

I'll keep trying for hopscotch though...

Hopscotch is so awesome. I really never thought a pulse rifle would be my go to crucible primary, but it's all I use now. With good aim, two pulls of the trigger can take down anyone.

Well, dead-set confirmation of no upgrade program for The Taken King.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/147924816

They link to Bungie's site which was last updated 8/13/15

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/12122

This sucks...

-for me since I won't be able to play with friends on the PS3

-for my friends on PS3 since they'd have to re-buy TTK if they upgrade to the PS4 down the road.

fuck you Activision :bomb:
That seals it then, I'm not going to be buying TTK for PS3. Sorry dudes, but I can't justify a double dip.

/sadpanda

I AM left behind.

<---No PS4 :(
Buy the Destiny PS4. It seems like a great value especially for you since you get everything Destiny game related with it. It comes with the digital collectors edition of TTK. And I think the custom console looks cool for someone who likes Destiny. I really want it but cant justify buying another ps4 when I have two already.

Buy the Destiny PS4. It seems like a great value especially for you since you get everything Destiny game related with it. It comes with the digital collectors edition of TTK. And I think the custom console looks cool for someone who likes Destiny. I really want it but cant justify buying another ps4 when I have two already.
If I had been able to come home with a PM'd $200 PS4 from the K-Mart debacle this week, that would've been excellent for me. Otherwise, I just can't afford a $400 console for the time being. T

If I had been able to come home with a PM'd $200 PS4 from the K-Mart debacle this week, that would've been excellent for me. Otherwise, I just can't afford a $400 console for the time being. T
I've stopped following the amazon AW thread but wasn't there some dirt cheap PS4? I remember a friend buying one from there for something around $176 or $224 I can't remember exactly... You should have a look around and see if those deals are still available.

I've stopped following the amazon AW thread but wasn't there some dirt cheap PS4? I remember a friend buying one from there for something around $176 or $224 I can't remember exactly... You should have a look around and see if those deals are still available.
Oh yeah, i recall seeing those as well but I ALWAYS miss them. The AWD thread is one of the few in the main deals section I'm always browsing, hopefully I'll get lucky and there will be another great PS4 deal I can tag. Good suggestion though.

Hopscotch is so awesome. I really never thought a pulse rifle would be my go to crucible primary, but it's all I use now. With good aim, two pulls of the trigger can take down anyone.
LOVE the Hopscotch. It's practically all I use in Crucible as well for my primary. Especially since the vastly over used Thorn, Hawkmoon, and The Last Word are all getting nerf'd soon. Not to mention it seems like a lot of players are completely reliant on those three hand cannons paired with a shotgun. It'll be interesting to see how everyone adapts their playing style come the release of v2.0.

Luke Smith Tweets....

Motes of Light: In TTK/2.0, Motes of Light can be used (with Square or X) to level up your weapons.

Artifacts: They all require Level 40 to equip. We'll do 'em next stream. We covered them in the dry-runs and missed them doin' it Live.

Only Year 2 Legendaries will dismantle into Legendary Marks. Year 1 Legendaries shard into whatever they shard into right now.

There is no cap to how many Legendary Marks you can earn in a week. You can store 200 at a time. Play, store, spend. Repeat.

In TTK: Faction Allegiance: Earn Faction rep and Vanguard/Crucible rep in parallel. Pledge a Faction. Wear whatever class piece you want.
So we can earn faction and vanguard/crucible rep at the same time?

Luke Smith Tweets....

Only Year 2 Legendaries will dismantle into Legendary Marks. Year 1 Legendaries shard into whatever they shard into right now.
Noooo! Plans foiled. I knew packing my Postmaster with legendaries was too easy to work for quick Legendary Marks. So all of the legendaries we worked to get can only be dismantled into worthless materials. Oh well...

Luke Smith Tweets....

So we can earn faction and vanguard/crucible rep at the same time?
From what I understand, yes. Another + change.

Anybody have an Elder Cipher/need an elder Cipher? I'm looking to do 3 34's in the hopes of getting one. Maybe this afternoon.

edit 2: Looks like the only Crota stuff I need (Rocket Launcher and Machine Gun) are Normal Mode drops. So I'd rather do that next week. Maybe I'll even try to run the sword...

Blops 3 beta codes? send one my way if you've got spares.

bread's done
Back