Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

[quote name="madcatz1999" post="12095157" timestamp="1410746612"]So, evidently I wasn't imagining it. For every defense upgrade you buy on a piece of eq with light on it, the light stat goes up by 2.[/quote]
Aha! I was really confused because I could've sworn I was leveling while killing. Now it makes sense since I was also leveling my armor.

Well I didn't know that you could pop in a middle of a strike mission. Joined one where they were at the boss haha

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="zyk" post="12095566" timestamp="1410759438"]Well I didn't know that you could pop in a middle of a strike mission. Joined one where they were at the boss haha[/quote]
I popped into one just as they killed the boss. I received the marks and reputation. :D

I'm a level 25 and feel the slowing down of the game taking place hard.  Maxed on vangaurd and crucible marks for the week and the damn Xur shop closed up right before I got enough strange coins to buy the Warlock gauntlets.  Now I have 18 of the damn things and Xur will probably have different items next week.

Only progression until he returns that is worth the time is bounties.  So I'll log on until Tuesday (when the crucible marks/van marks reset) only for bounties.

As for legendaries, I found a legendary pulse rifle that I believe is also in the Vangaurd shop for level 3s.  Maxes at 300 attack.  It's good but I prefer auto rifles.  I joined future war cult at level 20 so I was able to get Legendary items from them fairly quickly compared to crucible/vangaurd rank up.  The weapons are not worth reaching level 3, but it's an inevitability over time.

Trying to get an exotic bounty to pop, but haven't lucked out yet.  I would be a level 26/27 if I had made it to Xur on time.  I'm so stupid, went to sleep with only 1 coin to go, then didn't get any for about 3 hours.  Then got 6 in the span of 10 minutes and Xur was gone.

[quote name="gthirst" post="12095614" timestamp="1410762318"]I'm a level 25 and feel the slowing down of the game taking place hard. Maxed on vangaurd and crucible marks for the week and the damn Xur shop closed up right before I got enough strange coins to buy the Warlock gauntlets. Now I have 18 of the damn things and Xur will probably have different items next week.

Only progression until he returns that is worth the time is bounties. So I'll log on until Tuesday (when the crucible marks/van marks reset) only for bounties.

As for legendaries, I found a legendary pulse rifle that I believe is also in the Vangaurd shop for level 3s. Maxes at 300 attack. It's good but I prefer auto rifles. I joined future war cult at level 20 so I was able to get Legendary items from them fairly quickly compared to crucible/vangaurd rank up. The weapons are not worth reaching level 3, but it's an inevitability over time.

Trying to get an exotic bounty to pop, but haven't lucked out yet. I would be a level 26/27 if I had made it to Xur on time. I'm so stupid, went to sleep with only 1 coin to go, then didn't get any for about 3 hours. Then got 6 in the span of 10 minutes and Xur was gone.[/quote]
How did you make so many in such a short time?

I made it to level 23 tonight. Sad thing is i had to upgrade to some new chest armor and its not as cool looking as the one i previously had. The photo below is of my old chest armor. I finished the hardest strike there is... well the 4th one in the strike playlist, ended up with the devils lair strike. Thought i would get some cool gear but didnt end up with much really.

I also unlocked the warp jump, which is pretty cool.

I was playing some pvp tonight to get this bounty of playing 5 matches of a certain match type. It was kind of annoying at times. Like i dont know how these guys can use a shotgun and kill me in one shot. I shoot someone with a shotgun and melee them and i get nothing. Thats my main annoyance right now is shotguns that kill me in one hit, and i dont get the same results.

https://twitter.com/The7thNumber/status/511367736388091906

I made it to level 23 tonight. Sad thing is i had to upgrade to some new chest armor and its not as cool looking as the one i previously had. The photo below is of my old chest armor.
Here's one you have to look forward to (Vanguard Chest):

destinyred.png

And here's the full view (Front & Back) of it:

http://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/2/4611686018428395793/2305843009215651503#gear

My friend was trying to invite me to his game to do some coop, but I didn't have PS+ so I couldn't join his game and for some strange reason he didn't believe me.  I had to take a screen shot of the game saying that PS+ was required to join a coop party.  I found it kind of hilarious that he didn't believe me.

lol my cryptarch rank 10 and still no right side pieces.

I'm like 0/15 with legendary engrams.
I know that feel.

My Cryptarch is about to hit Rank 11 and they've all been blues or materials except for three. Two of them are for Titan (I'm a Warlock) and the last one was after I bought my Exotic Gauntlets, so of course I would get Legendary Gauntlets.

At the rate I'm going with Titan gear, I'll have my currently non-existant Titan fully geared before my Warlock.

Just downloaded an update, now i cant play any strikes, even the ones on planets. All Vanguard are locked, All crucible is locked, 2 of the 3 events on the left of the map are locked. WTF?

EDIT: Clicked on one of them and it said with PS+ blah blah, so i pressed X to continue and they are now all unlocked again. That was odd.

I know that feel.

My Cryptarch is about to hit Rank 11 and they've all been blues or materials except for three. Two of them are for Titan (I'm a Warlock) and the last one was after I bought my Exotic Gauntlets, so of course I would get Legendary Gauntlets.

At the rate I'm going with Titan gear, I'll have my currently non-existant Titan fully geared before my Warlock.
I'm in the same boat.

Titan (level3) has 3 pieces already, Arms, Chest and Feet.

Funny thing is I just got a right side purple for my Warlock, the vanity arm band...at least it glows though. I've been lucky with weaps, two purple pulse rifles and 2 exotic heavy weaps which I would trade for a right side purple instantly. I just want to break out of 24.

You guys have been luckier than me.  3 legendary engrams.  1 turned into 2 motes of light, one turned into a strange coin, and the other was a class (i.e. vanity) item.

FYI, Vault of Glass is going to be long.  Your group should realize it will probably take several sittings (there's a checkpoint system that saves your progress, until next Tuesday, when they reset), and should have some type of agreement as to how long to play during each sitting.  Particularly if you're trying it early in the week, when there isn't going to be much information out there.  They brought in some players from a "top guild" to test it, and it took them 16 hours, and they still didn't clear it.

Just trying to find out if PS+ is required AT ALL for the PS3 version.

Hate to load it up only to find I need the sub.

Hope to start playing Destiny tomorrow (that's when my order should be in).

I'm in the same boat.

Titan (level3) has 3 pieces already, Arms, Chest and Feet.

Funny thing is I just got a right side purple for my Warlock, the vanity arm band...at least it glows though. I've been lucky with weaps, two purple pulse rifles and 2 exotic heavy weaps which I would trade for a right side purple instantly. I just want to break out of 24.
All blues (15 Light) + 1 Legendary is level 25. 2 blues (15 Light) + 1 Legendary + 1 Exotic is level 26.

This is without the last tier upgrades that require Ascendent Materials.

Purples (at least, the ones currently in the shops) start at 18 light, but assuming they're like any other things with light on them, they can be leveled up to 26 light (takes ascendant shards to go beyond 22 light).  So, technically, you can get to level 28 with just vanguard/crucible shop eq.  You can get up to level 27 without ascendant shards, which I expect a lot of people to be at this week (including me) once the mark cap resets tomorrow.

I only have 2 ascendant shards. :( 

Legendary Engrams are pretty hard to come by imo. Wish it was a guranteed legendary. That would be nice. Tired of getting the same damn pulse rifle/fusion rifle/hand cannon over and over.

Got an exotic weapon bounty. The first two steps were fairly simple (find a ghost on Venus and then beat the gate lord) but the third step of dismantling 10 rare or higher fusion rifles is going to be a pain. I haven't seen any new fusion rifles in a while

Got an exotic weapon bounty. The first two steps were fairly simple (find a ghost on Venus and then beat the gate lord) but the third step of dismantling 10 rare or higher fusion rifles is going to be a pain. I haven't seen any new fusion rifles in a while
Wish I had known that type of thing (dismantling rare weapons) was ever a requirement for questing. I've dismantled a few rare fusion rifles which became obsolete after I got a better weapon. I'd have saved them for a rainy day :bomb:

Yeah, now that I'm level 20+ I think that the expected time investment to advance and earn good equipment is a bit steep considering how repetitive the grind becomes and the absence of more engaging content (story, characters, etc). This game is truly a mechanical wonder with no soul. I bet in a month a lot of people will have moved on.

Was right at the end of a strike on mars, 3rd difficulty, and i got kicked from the game world when we were on the last of 3 of those yellow bar little skinny enemies. -_-

im 23 or 24 now and havent seen anything legendary yet, except for color shaders that i used a code to get.

Oh and i got a new rare sniper rifle, one that has an upgrade where i can shoot ammo on the ground and it will give it to me. LOL

Well, I received an Exotic Weapon Bounty after turning in some bounties today finally. Had a choice between:

- A Dubious Task (Invective; Shotgun)

- Toland's Legacy (Bad Juju; Pulse Rifle)

- A Light in the Dark (Thorn; Handcannon)

Was really, really hoping for the Scout Rifle but I guess not. So I took the Shotgun since it can go full auto. I don't mind Pulse Rifles, but it didn't have enough stability for what I like in a Pulse Rifle.

Yeah, now that I'm level 20+ I think that the expected time investment to advance and earn good equipment is a bit steep considering how repetitive the grind becomes and the absence of more engaging content (story, characters, etc). This game is truly a mechanical wonder with no soul. I bet in a month a lot of people will have moved on.
Yes, it is quite the time sink depending on your luck. With the lack of other stuff, I'm sure people will move on except those who really like Crucible. Though I think some will come back for the expansions. I believe the next game in the series will probably provide a lot more at its release than this one since they have a solid foundation in there.

okay, officially switching to Titan.....just got him his last right side legendary...on my warlock.

I think the game wants me to play Titan. 

Titans bubble sheild is some straight up BS in PVP. Shit lasts way too long. Also...

"Destiny is a different game after 20 hours" :rofl:

IDK, I really wanted to like this game but man, Im already bored with it. Doing the same shit over and over is not for me. Plus the loot drops are absolutely horrendus in this game. BL2 is the better game IMO, me and my buds had so much fun playing that. I'll probably trade Destiny in this week. What a letdown. :whistle2:(

Titans bubble sheild is some straight up BS in PVP. Shit lasts way too long. Also...

"Destiny is a different game after 20 hours" :rofl:

IDK, I really wanted to like this game but man, Im already bored with it. Doing the same shit over and over is not for me. Plus the loot drops are absolutely horrendus in this game. BL2 is the better game IMO, me and my buds had so much fun playing that. I'll probably trade Destiny in this week. What a letdown. :whistle2:(
Ehhh, give it time man.

Its stll in its infancy, I'm sure they will add more content soon, and hopefully address the cross class loot roll BS.

Well, I completed the Nightfall Weekly with 2x Level 26 (Both Warlock; One set to clutch build) and a Level 25 (Bladedancer; Dedicated reviver). Took around two hours and didn't wipe once.

Loot rewards were:

1 Warlock - 1 Legendary Gauntlets Engram Drop (Turned out to be blue of course); 1 Legendary Rocket Launcher "The Cure"

1 Warlock - 11 Ascendent Shards

1 Bladedancer - 1 Exotic Gauntlets "Young Ahamkara's Spine"

We also receive a blue flaming head effect (Shows everywhere but Crucible flag scene) and an increased XP gain bonus (and rep bonus) that lasts until the weekly reset (Tomorrow).

EDIT: Also received 500 Vanguard Reputation.

Spent 40 minutes at the downed plane on Venus as a youtube video said it was one of the best spots since its a neverending spawn point for Hive & Fallen.  Doing it as the level 11 patrol I got about 20 uncommons but only 2 rares (neither being fusion rifles). Supposedly the same guy found a new spot so i'll be trying this in a bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_3583316541&feature=iv&src_vid=cmMaZEIV8hI&v=ohA-Zad22Ik

*EDIT*

Grinding for 5 minutes and already 5 greens, 1 blue 1 purple.  The video says its easier with more than 1 person so if anyone wants to join me, my fireteam is open to friends.

I'm giving Destiny some leeway since its more of a MMO-esque FPS unlike Borderlands. Hopefully the weekly events and new content will make up for the base game. 

Would totally love to have a melee class. I just want something like the Sword of Crota. Man that was beast.  There is also a third box in the subclass part. Maybe they'll add another class in the future. 

Well, I completed the Nightfall Weekly with 2x Level 26 (Both Warlock; One set to clutch build) and a Level 25 (Bladedancer; Dedicated reviver). Took around two hours and didn't wipe once.
Wow, nice, I didn't expect it to be easily completable at those levels, given how hard the 22 was at 20, and since it has even more modifiers.

When is the reset? I think if I grind patrol I can get to Van 2 and just buy a legendary piece to get to 25.
I've been trying that, but no way I'm gonna make it by reset. Expect to get about 200/hr if you go hardcore.

Turns out, legendary armor (at least the ones that start at 18 light; not sure if there are any that start higher) go 18->20->22->23->24->25.  The upgrades that require ascendant shards only raise light level by 1, not 2.

Edit: btw, Bungie is now saying you have to be level 26 to enter the raid, not 25.

I just accepted some bounties for salvage, I go to the crucible main and salvage game mode is no longer playable. WTF?, Bungie.
Yeah, I did that this morning. Then I did it again this evening. Oops.

(But yeah, they announced that Salvage would only be here for a few days)

I'm 20 and finished the all the single player missions, but my exp bar won't increase. Do I need a quest to move beyond 20 or something?

Wow, nice, I didn't expect it to be easily completable at those levels, given how hard the 22 was at 20, and since it has even more modifiers.

I've been trying that, but no way I'm gonna make it by reset. Expect to get about 200/hr if you go hardcore.
I just need 500 more.

Spent 40 minutes at the downed plane on Venus as a youtube video said it was one of the best spots since its a neverending spawn point for Hive & Fallen. Doing it as the level 11 patrol I got about 20 uncommons but only 2 rares (neither being fusion rifles). Supposedly the same guy found a new spot so i'll be trying this in a bit:

*EDIT*

Grinding for 5 minutes and already 5 greens, 1 blue 1 purple. The video says its easier with more than 1 person so if anyone wants to join me, my fireteam is open to friends.
PS3 or PS4?

bread's done
Back