Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

So the raid took people 10 hours and 1600 deaths to get through. Destiny is one MMO ass MMO. This is like the bad old days of WoW where you had to schedule your life around the game instead of the other way around.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the raid took people 10 hours and 1600 deaths to get through. Destiny is one MMO ass MMO. This is like the bad old days of WoW where you had to schedule your life around the game instead of the other way around.
Well considering its day 1 majority of that time is learning the fight.

Most raids in other MMO's take days/week to learn and clear.

10 hours to clear a fresh raid is short, I'm sure it will be a fraction of that once people know how to do it.

I went in to collect drops when I was about to run out of ammo for my rifle and would probably average 3 or 4 drops most times, but I guess it must vary.
Yeah I just went back in for a little while and ended up with 4 blue engrams and a purple. Didn't get a legendary out of it but I'm definitely digging this spot now.

Try this instead.

Destiny - "BEST LEGENDARY ENGRAM FARMING GUIDE" | "Destiny Skywatch Engram Farming Location"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBLKzesxkKU
Do you have to do it in patrol only or can you do this in any other cosmodrome missions?Anyone tried this to work in higher difficulties? Doesnt difficulty affect loot drop quality?

A week late and apparently 27 levels short...
So, I'm not too familiar with mmo tendencies, but is the 10 hour clear time all in one sitting?

I sure as hell don't have 10 hours to waste in one sitting. I'm lucky to string together 2 hours at a time. :lol:
It doesn't have to be in one sitting. Your progress is saved at certain checkpoints, and you can resume it later (as long as it's in the same week). Bungie has said it will take about 3 hours once you know how to do it. I'm sure a lot of the time was spent experimenting (the game doesn't spell out exactly what you have to do in the Vault), and of course, dying.

I've been playing on the Xbox One since that is the version my son wanted and I didn't feel like buying the game twice. It seems there is much more activity here than on the X1 thread. Are any of you having server issues where no one is in the Tower or on the planets? I played for about 3 hours last night like it was a single-player offline game. Which is odd since the game requires an online connection - yet it acted like it didn't have one. Since it was late (1-4 Am Pacific) I am used to that sort of thing (that is when server maintenance and such is usually done). But the same thing is still happening to my son this afternoon. We've restarted the system and game several times, and it never has other players. (I should add that the system is online just fine otherwise - friends show up and all that). This happened to us a few times on the PS4 during the alpha, so I was wondering if it still ever happens now on PS4?

In any case, the fact that you can play it essentially single-player in this fashion points to the idea that it could have an offline single-player mode. I don't see why they excluded that option since I know some people won't get the game because of that.
Persistent online is just DRM. Sure it makes more sense than the Simon City persistent online DRM or the PC version of Assassin's Creed persistent online DRM, but that's what it is. I canceled my pre order because of it and the raid stuff kind of cements it for me.

Bungie has said it will take about 3 hours once you know how to do it. I'm sure a lot of the time was spent experimenting (the game doesn't spell out exactly what you have to do in the Vault), and of course, dying.
Exactly. Anyone freaking out over a world first clear taking 10 hours is not thinking this through. Soon enough there will be Youtube videos showing you exactly how to do anything they got stuck on and everyone with a coordinated group will be doing it in a reasonable amount of time. It's been years since I played wow, but 10 hours on the very first day for a world first clear of anything significant in that game would be laughably short.

Hah, I was just saying just a little while ago about how I've never heard of anyone getting a legendary from a blue engram. And what do you know, an hour later, I decrypt a blue into a legendary rocket launcher.
The same thing happened to me today after farming that popular spot on Earth. I later decrypted a blue engram into a Doctor Nope legendary Vanguard auto rifle. It's my first decrypted engram for a legendary so I can't complain too much. Better than a hand cannon.

I have to say I'm having a lot of fun with Destiny and just reached lvl 21. I'm very familiar with grindy games like Borderlands 1/2 and Diablo 3 so I'm enjoying this a lot. The gameplay feels great but I just wish the story and character interaction didn't feel so cold and hollow like a machine. I don't even know who some of these quest-giver characters are sometimes. Like when your Ghost says, "This is great! I'll tell <character name>." Half the time I'm thinking who?

On a side note, I was on Venus the same time a team of Guardians were taking on the Vault of Glass. The part I watched they had to defend 3 plates versus a constant swarm of lvl 26-27 merciless enemies. The team sent 2 guardians to each plate and they had to remain in control for a certain period of time before this light tower would appear. They got close a few times but I left before seeing them finish, if they even did. That raid sounds challenging and brutal.

Once I get to lvl 26-27 I'd be happy to join in on a raid with some CAGs (PS4: Deuterium). Or for weekly events and Strikes.

Did that moon farming spot for an hour, got 2 legendary engrams. Both turned into mote of lights  :whee:

:cry:

Did that moon farming spot for an hour, got 2 legendary engrams. Both turned into mote of lights :whee:

:cry:
farming spot on earth for 30 minutes got 1 legendary engrams, was 2 rare coins :(

Was really hoping for legendary armor so I wouldn't get my ass handed to me everytime in crucible but did get enough light armor to get to 27 though :)

I did some farming on the moon mission, that seems easier than the earth, because in the earth one they can run off and they dont seem to respawn until every one of them die first. Then when we were doing it today, it would start spawning only three enemies for a while.

So i did about an hour of farming on the moon. Helped upgrade my 2nd subclass and my new auto rifle. Ended up with only 5 blue guns and 4 blue armor, the rest were green but they come in handy for gun parts. I did get some new chest armor which was +19 defense once its fully upgraded, but unfortunately it didnt upgrade my light at all. I also got a better rare fusion gun. Hopefully next time i try i get a bit more luck.

The pic below is just a few of the engrams i got, i kept picking them up for a while, then i thought i could take a pic so i stopped collecting them.

https://twitter.com/The7thNumber/status/512124979282853888

Finally got a right side piece to decrypt and its a exotic.

jdlhtCi.jpg

Thank you level 16 Cryptarch.

So after watching some Raid streams I completely understand why there's no matchmaking for it. It takes a lot of communication and teamwork and there's no way in hell you'll get that with randoms.

Finally got a right side piece to decrypt and its a exotic.

Thank you level 16 Cryptarch.
I gotta admit, your guy looks pretty dope. :D

I did some farming on the moon mission, that seems easier than the earth, because in the earth one they can run off and they dont seem to respawn until every one of them die first. Then when we were doing it today, it would start spawning only three enemies for a while.

So i did about an hour of farming on the moon. Helped upgrade my 2nd subclass and my new auto rifle. Ended up with only 5 blue guns and 4 blue armor, the rest were green but they come in handy for gun parts. I did get some new chest armor which was +19 defense once its fully upgraded, but unfortunately it didnt upgrade my light at all. I also got a better rare fusion gun. Hopefully next time i try i get a bit more luck.

The pic below is just a few of the engrams i got, i kept picking them up for a while, then i thought i could take a pic so i stopped collecting them.

https://twitter.com/The7thNumber/status/512124979282853888
What did you do exactly to farm this? I have been doing the Cosmodrome and it is annoying because randoms will run through and throw off the spawn rate and amounts

So i did the venus farm method last night and got 2 legendaries. Well actually blue engrams that decrypted to legendaries. Helmet and a nachine gun.

Read some of you have bad luck with decrpyting legendaries, (getting armor for a different class.) Thats sucks! All the uncommons and rares i decrypt are for my class. Wonder why its different for legendary engrams. Its alteady hard to farm them and then theres the chance that you get ripped off in the end. Wtf!

I plan on making all three classes eventually so while it is annoying at first to get a different class, I at least know I can store it away for later!

I plan on making all three classes eventually so while it is annoying at first to get a different class, I at least know I can store it away for later!
Yeah i guess thats a positive way to look at it. I do have a warlock that im slowing building up to inherit some of my main's fully upgraded weapons that he doent use anymore. The only thing i hate is that for your new char everything is back to zero even vendor levels so you cant even try and powerlevel quicker. Also i hate that you cant even skip cut scenes and must bear to wait again.

i hate that you cant even skip cut scenes and must bear to wait again.
YES. What were they thinking with this?

I can see how they wanted to make sure everyone could experience it if they want in case someone in your group hasnt or something but then there should just be a little check system like everyone says okay to skip, then bam, skip it. But yeah especially when playing alone I see no reason for that silly oversight.

just picked this up for PS4 and i'm loving it. any cags in a fresh boat or is everyone 20+ right now?

really want to fireteam with some regulars!

YES. What were they thinking with this?

I can see how they wanted to make sure everyone could experience it if they want in case someone in your group hasnt or something but then there should just be a little check system like everyone says okay to skip, then bam, skip it. But yeah especially when playing alone I see no reason for that silly oversight.
Very true! If your on a group i can understand but if your solo... "Heck give me the skip button alreday"!

What did you do exactly to farm this? I have been doing the Cosmodrome and it is annoying because randoms will run through and throw off the spawn rate and amounts
Just play the first moon mission where you find the dead guardian, i cant remember the name of it. You have to make a few stops before getting to that area. Once you get there, there will be a cut scene and then the ghost says, The hive are coming, or something like that. Then just back up and unload on all the enemies that come out but dont kill the yellow bar knight. I just stand in one place and shoot heads from far away and try to get kills that way. When they get close and pound on me i just allow it since i want to die anyway. Sometimes i think killing them from up close doesnt help get engrams. Far headshots do better. So i just focus on the ones coming out of the door. So after you die, it literally loads you right when the ghost says they are coming and you do it all over again. Sorry i dont know the name of the mission but its near the patrol i think.

Just play the first moon mission where you find the dead guardian, i cant remember the name of it. You have to make a few stops before getting to that area. Once you get there, there will be a cut scene and then the ghost says, The hive are coming, or something like that. Then just back up and unload on all the enemies that come out but dont kill the yellow bar knight. I just stand in one place and shoot heads from far away and try to get kills that way. When they get close and pound on me i just allow it since i want to die anyway. Sometimes i think killing them from up close doesnt help get engrams. Far headshots do better. So i just focus on the ones coming out of the door. So after you die, it literally loads you right when the ghost says they are coming and you do it all over again. Sorry i dont know the name of the mission but its near the patrol i think.
The very first mission that you play on the moon! And that sounds sweet, I'll try it out later. :)

The very first mission that you play on the moon! And that sounds sweet, I'll try it out later. :)
I forgot you need to set the difficulty to a couple levels lower than you are. It helps bring more enemies and they are more aggresive. The mission is called The Dark Beyond. It has a ton of thrall which are easy to kill. Just recommend you to back up and shoot for the heads. You can do this solo too.

Is there an existing ps4 listing of psn names that plays destiny? Would like to add some people that are regulars for possible teamups. Hehe

Did well on that Earth Patrol farming for a while, but people kept being dicks. Had 3 others join me (not in fire team) but a couple eventually got pissed for no apparent reason and would stand in front of me, facing me, or keep shooting me.

Did well on that Earth Patrol farming for a while, but people kept being dicks. Had 3 others join me (not in fire team) but a couple eventually got pissed for no apparent reason and would stand in front of me, facing me, or keep shooting me.
Yeah I've run in to quite a few douchebags farming that spot. That's the only thing I don't enjoy about farming there.

EDIT: Oh and I almost forgot, got my first exotic bounty today. Problem is, the first part of it requires me to complete five strikes without dying. I can't even do that once lol. So if you any of you kind gents would like to team up and possibly help me with that I would greatly appreciate it. (Basically I'm looking for two people willing to do all the work while I sit back and not die haha.)

I'm too impatient haha. I really hope it works out for me though because I have 12 coins and 20 Mol's waiting. Should have more come Friday.
Yeah, you have odds on your side, gloves was a safe purchase since that was last weeks item, so it will be head, chest or legs.

Hopefully its not the chest so you can be a happy camper lol

ALSO! is it possible to get to 27 with just 2 legendaries and 1 exotic if you fully upgrade it?

You don't have to do vanguard strikes, do you? Why not just do the story strikes, which start at level 8? You should be able to get through those without dying without any problem.
Yeah that's what I've been doing. I don't want to take any chances lol.

Dude were you on ps3 and level 9,about between 10pm-midnight eastern? Participated in the event with me and another guy when the other 26/27 levels guys left?

If you were I can tell you why I shot at you.

Wow this bounty friggin hates me. It was bad enough making me do five strikes w/o dying but now you're telling me I have to do this?!?!

2126f7m.jpg

I can't even get a k/d ratio of 1 and it wants me to get a k/d of 25?!?!?! I suck at the crucible. Stupid bounty.

Wow this bounty friggin hates me. It was bad enough making me do five strikes w/o dying but now you're telling me I have to do this?!?!

2126f7m.jpg

I can't even get a k/d ratio of 1 and it wants me to get a k/d of 25?!?!?! I suck at the crucible. Stupid bounty.
25 is pretty ridiculous. I consider myself to be among some of the best when it comes to FPS games like this and I average 2.5 - 6.0 k/d in all my games but 25? That is absurd. I looked again to make sure it wasnt just being misread and was really 2.5 but it definitely says 25. Goodluck with that!

I completed this one awhile back in two matches and it's not as bad as you think. As long as you are positive, the kdr from that match carries over to the next one.

I completed this one awhile back in two matches and it's not as bad as you think. As long as you are positive, the kdr from that match carries over to the next one.
But I can't even get a k/d of 1!!! fuck this bounty I'm just going to abandon it. I tried 5 matches so far in the Crucible and I can't get even get it to progress. Still suck at 0. It's just irritating because it's starting to ruin what was an otherwise enjoyable experience for me so far.

Also, fuck all these jackoffs and their autorifles.

I did it in one match. I did not get 25 kills that match. I believe it's a total of 25 kills and deaths. I was around 2.0 K/D when I did it.

EDIT: I guess it was two games. I ended up joining one in progress that was almost done. I also saw someone complete theirs in the middle of a Rumble match the other day as well.

I believe it's a total of 25 kills and deaths.
There's no way it's total kills and deaths and there's no way it's just total kills either because I definitely would have had it over the course of those five matches I did. Or, at the very least, my progress would have moved up past 0.

There's no way it's total kills and deaths and there's no way it's just total kills either because I definitely would have had it over the course of those five matches I did. Or, at the very least, my progress would have moved up past 0.
What about in a single match? Check mid-game and see what it is at after some deaths, not after the game is over.

Dude were you on ps3 and level 9,about between 10pm-midnight eastern? Participated in the event with me and another guy when the other 26/27 levels guys left?

If you were I can tell you why I shot at you.
Nope, definitely not me. I play Destiny on PS4, was level 20 at the time, and this happened around 1:30-2:00 A.M. Pacific.

All I was doing was standing on one of the stones, making sure not to be in a place where I might block someone's view of the cave, popping heads with my scout rifle.

What about in a single match? Check mid-game and see what it is at after some deaths, not after the game is over.
Yeah I'm not really sure how it works but I'm finally making progress. I went in to capture mode and actually managed my first positive k/d ratio. Got a 1.1. I followed that up with a 1.3 so I dunno maybe I'm improving lol. Either way my progress on the bounty is now at 10. Only 15 more to go.

It's a "spread".  Meaning every time you get a kill, the count goes up by 1.  Every time you die, it goes down.  I've heard that assists also make it go up, but not positive about that.  Get a good skirmish team, and it shouldn't be hard.

bread's done
Back