Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

It's a "spread". Meaning every time you get a kill, the count goes up by 1. Every time you die, it goes down. I've heard that assists also make it go up, but not positive about that. Get a good skirmish team, and it shouldn't be hard.
So you're saying if I go in to the next game and totally stink up the joint there's a chance I'll lose progress?

So you're saying if I go in to the next game and totally stink up the joint there's a chance I'll lose progress?
Yep. Ex) If your first match ends at 6-2, then your up +4. However, if your next match at 2-6, then your back to 0 again.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what faction did you guys join when you hit lvl 20? Is there a benefit choosing one over the other?
Each Faction has their own stats on gear. However if you are a hunter, be warned that you cannot fully upgrade the equipment because it requires items that don't exist in the game.

Rep 2 allows you to buy armor

Rep 3 allows you to buy weapons

Rep 3 gives you a random legendary weapon (NOT Engrams, actual item)

Rep 4 gives you a random legendary armor (I think)

Rep 5 gives you a random legendary weapon (I think)

This goes for all rep as far as I know, including Crucible.

Pretty much how I got my equipment as a Warlock

Helm - Crucible Rank 2

Chest - Vanguard Rank 2

Boots - Vanguard Rank 2

Primary Weapon - Rewarded from Vanguard Rank 3

They give Intelligence & Discipline.

EDIT: Fixed a mistake.

Wow, I did not know you still get loot drops for kills made by other fireteams.

I was at the major loot spot on earth and there were 5 people there. I thought about trolling them and just standing in the cave until they left but then I saw greens start to appear from their kills. A few min later was my first legendary engram. After the random event everyone kind of left but for 30 min I got 14 greens, 4 blues and a purple. Ironically one blue turned into a legendary and the purple turned into a rare.

Yep. Ex) If your first match ends at 6-2, then your up +4. However, if your next match at 2-6, then your back to 0 again.
That's put an unusual amount on pressure for the next time I go in the Crucible haha. Man I hope I can keep it up. I'd hate to lose progress.

Also, got my second legendary weapon, The Swarm, from a purple engram that came from farming that spot on Earth.

So what faction did you guys join when you hit lvl 20? Is there a benefit choosing one over the other?
I thought you could join either one whenever you wanted. Just switch the arm bands to earn that type of cash. I bought all 3 arm bands but never put them on yet. I figured i might use them if i ever hit the crucible weekly limit. So can you change them at any time?

I did some more farming on the moon. I really think its best solo. I got 5 blue and 1 legendary. Then i invited a friend and then i barely got anything, few greens and 1 blue. Maybe because he is taking kills away from me? I dont know but it just seemed like i was getting less. Anyway i ended up with nothing good.

ArJay i got the same legendary gun, the swarm. I love it but it doesnt hold much ammo. I think there is an upgrade that allows you to hold more ammo, but i havent upgraded it that far yet.

I thought you could join either one whenever you wanted. Just switch the arm bands to earn that type of cash. I bought all 3 arm bands but never put them on yet. I figured i might use them if i ever hit the crucible weekly limit. So can you change them at any time?
Yeah, you can gain reputation for any of them at any time. There is no permanent lock on them. I probably should have mentioned that.

Also, your character's banner background at its bungie.net profile changes based on which of the three factions is the highest between them. New Monarchy, Dead Orbit or Future War Cult.

I also think I have a strategy for this weeks Nightfall mission that makes full use of my friends Solar/Exotic Sniper Rifle. May have to try it today and two-manning it may be the best valid option (and potentially give someone at the last moment a free Nightfall completion).

^ I'm sure its completely random
Based on my experience it seems random with the exception of maybe the best player. Not based on kills, but on overall points (such as in a Control match). Any time I've been the unofficial MVP (it's rare but it's happened) and totally owned a match, I always get gear. When I'm in 2nd/3rd or lower, it seems totally random. Also seems more likely on matches where you win, I've seen 5/6 team members receive something. Of course the first TWO pieces of legendary gear are for a class I'm not playing.

I also think I have a strategy for this weeks Nightfall mission that makes full use of my friends Solar/Exotic Sniper Rifle. May have to try it today and two-manning it may be the best valid option (and potentially give someone at the last moment a free Nightfall completion).
I'd be up for it. I'm 26 now, but will probably until tomorrow and see what Xur has before I push to 27/28. If you need another, feel free to add me. PSN: madcatz1999

Yeah, you can gain reputation for any of them at any time. There is no permanent lock on them. I probably should have mentioned that.

Also, your character's banner background at its bungie.net profile changes based on which of the three factions is the highest between them. New Monarchy, Dead Orbit or Future War Cult.

I'm to try if you need one.

27 Warlock

PSN: ibAdAzz

Wow, I did not know you still get loot drops for kills made by other fireteams.

I was at the major loot spot on earth and there were 5 people there. I thought about trolling them and just standing in the cave until they left but then I saw greens start to appear from their kills. A few min later was my first legendary engram. After the random event everyone kind of left but for 30 min I got 14 greens, 4 blues and a purple. Ironically one blue turned into a legendary and the purple turned into a rare.
As long as you are within their vicinity, you can still get experience/loot.

Haven't had much chance to play since the weekend, but I finally made it past 20. Finding decent gear with a good Light rating is harder than I though. I have no idea how you people are lvl 25+. I can't find shit with Light higher than like 3

Haven't had much chance to play since the weekend, but I finally made it past 20. Finding decent gear with a good Light rating is harder than I though. I have no idea how you people are lvl 25+. I can't find shit with Light higher than like 3
Simple. Legendary / Exotic Gear.

:lol:

I know you guys won't believe me. But I got my Exotic Helmet through a Rare Engram.

Got my Warlock to 25 and maxed-out the Voidwalker subclass so back to leveling Sunsinger. (my luck with drops has been pretty rotten but whatever since I can buy them)

My idea for gear is to have two pieces with strength and two pieces with discipline: Chest and Gloves with STR for the handcannon stuff; Helm and Boots having DIS and some grenade-centric bonuses.

I'm sure that once I've bought all four pieces of Vanguard gear the game will throw me a drop which completely ruins my plan but such is RNG. :whee:

The blue engrams will start coming in rather frequently once you hit level 20. I didn't find a single blue from levels 1-19, but was soon rolling in them soon thereafter. Also remember that you can upgrade the defense on any blue armor, and it will raise the light level by 2 (up to 15).

Got my Warlock to 25 and maxed-out the Voidwalker subclass so back to leveling Sunsinger. (my luck with drops has been pretty rotten but whatever since I can buy them)

My idea for gear is to have two pieces with strength and two pieces with discipline: Chest and Gloves with STR for the handcannon stuff; Helm and Boots having DIS and some grenade-centric bonuses.

I'm sure that once I've bought all four pieces of Vanguard gear the game will throw me a drop which completely ruins my plan but such is RNG. :whee:
Sounds exactly like me. Maxed Voidwalker, now leveling sunsinger. I went ahead and bought a third vanguard/crucible pieces, though, to get up to 26. Waiting on the fourth and pushing for 27 until I see what Xur has tomorrow, though. Nice thing is, that even if you get a drop that replaces them, you can still turn them into ascendant shards. And spending 65 marks on a few pieces of ascendent shards, while maybe not ideal, isn't really the worst thing in the world.

Finally got to level 2 vanguard. But im going to wait till the weekend to see what that one strange vender will offer before i put down a lot of vanguard marks for something.

Got my first Exotic weapon today from a legendary engram i got from the post office. The only bad thing is it uses the same slot as my only legendary weapon, which is a machine gun.

https://twitter.com/The7thNumber/status/512635151063343104

Finally got to level 2 vanguard. But im going to wait till the weekend to see what that one strange vender will offer before i put down a lot of vanguard marks for something.

Got my first Exotic weapon today from a legendary engram i got from the post office. The only bad thing is it uses the same slot as my only legendary weapon, which is a machine gun.

https://twitter.com/The7thNumber/status/512635151063343104
Yeah, I got that one also.

It looks like a Mass Effect weap for some reason.

Also does shaders ever reset? Seems like its been the same colors since launch.

I got my first legendary piece today. It came from engram dropped during the daily heroic story mission. Even better, it's a helm... that looks pretty sweet IMO :)

[attachment=8304:image.jpg]

I also got an exotic bounty right before that. I wish I would have researched the options because the one I chose gives a fusion rifle. Oh well.

Btw, it has been awhile since I updated my FL. If you guys are playing on ps4 add me!

PSN: Darknyss

Bungie Bounty

Beat Bungie's team today on Clash and get the following emblem.
sign_opposing_will.png

Clash
Thursday, September 18th
7:00 PM – 8:00 PM Pacific
PlayStation 4

My clan is more than ready for a match after clearing the vault. Hope to find them, but one hour only?  :lol:

Just got the exotic pulse rifle bounty. First step is to run the weekly heroic strike. Think I'm going to try and get it done later tonight if anyone on PS4 wants to team up. Probably looking to get started around 8pm pacific time. PSN ID is CartSlave for anyone I haven't already added.

So after a 45 minute run I have decided that apparently the farm spot on Earth loves me....

fejqbp.jpg

f2r6dg.jpg

And the friggin Cryptarch hates me as they all turned out blue. Also leveled him up in the process, got two more purple engrams in the mail and those ended up blue as well. D'oh!

Well, today seems to be decently lucky for me with regards to actually obtaining Legendaries.

The other day I got an Auto Rifle named Doctor Nope that has max Rate of Fire. Didn't care for it much, but today I got Shadow Price which is a Auto Rifle from a blue engram that roughly has about the same stats as a Galahad-E and a decent PvP weapon. A bit later, I got the Scout Rifle named A.1F19X-Ryl that will be my primary weapon in all PvE.

After that, I got more Legendary Warlock Gauntlets that are useless to me since I have an Exotic and another Legendary available for that slot. Then I got a Legendary Warlock Chest that isn't better than what I have on currently.

I guess I'll see what Xur has tomorrow when he appears. We should also have Combined Arms opening up in Crucible as well, so that will be interesting.

Also spied MSUHitman in the Tower a bit ago. Second person who's name I'm familiar with that I've come across in the Tower. Had one other person in Patrol during beta that I was familiar with too.

So after a 45 minute run I have decided that apparently the farm spot on Earth loves me....

fejqbp.jpg

f2r6dg.jpg

And the friggin Cryptarch hates me as they all turned out blue. Also leveled him up in the process, got two more purple engrams in the mail and those ended up blue as well. D'oh!
which spot on earth? Skywatch?

Bah. I got two Titan Legendary Armor pieces tonight!!! Bah

(I am a Warlock and plan to make a Hunter soon.. haha womp. Into the vault until later!)

Finally got a legendary and an exotic. The exotic is a hand cannon called The Last Word that I probably won't use and the legendary are titan gauntlets, but I'm a warlock. They both came from the rank 6 Cryptarch package. I've got 3 legendary engrams and countless rare engrams from farming the cave on earth, but no legendaries or exotics from those. I just want a new weapon. I'm still using a level 18 Galahad auto rifle.

which spot on earth? Skywatch?
The endless hive cave. Don't remember what the area is called. A video of it was posted here.

Bah. I got two Titan Legendary Armor pieces tonight!!! Bah

(I am a Warlock and plan to make a Hunter soon.. haha womp. Into the vault until later!)
Yeah I just got my second legendary armor for Titan tonight. An arm piece. Already had a helmet. I was planning on going Hunter next but now I'm probably going to go Titan instead.

Xur today is disappointing for Warlocks.

Titan(13 SC) - Helm of Innermost Light (Good for Strikers)
Hunter(13 SC) - Lucky Raspberry (Chest; Arcbolt; Meh)

Warlock(13 SC) - Sunbreakers (Gauntlets; Same item again)

Weapon (17 SC) - Gjallarhorn (Rocket Launcher; Pretty decent & would be great damage in the weeklies)

Engram (23 MoL) - Chest

Can also trade money, spinmetal or spirit bloom for strange coins this week. So if you farm right, you can buy the weapon and armor if you can't afford both. It would cost 30 strange coins to buy both your class item and the weapon. I'll probably farm to gain the sparrow upgrades.

Oh and he's in the Speaker area this time.

Can also trade money, spinmetal or spirit bloom for strange coins this week. So if you farm right, you can buy the weapon and armor if you can't afford both. It would cost 30 strange coins to buy both your class item and the weapon. I'll probably farm to gain the sparrow upgrades.
Supposedly (haven't tested myself yet), it's only 1 strange coin per method of payment. So, seems like you could only buy 3, max.

Supposedly (haven't tested myself yet), it's only 1 strange coin per method of payment. So, seems like you could only buy 3, max.
You are correct and if you do spinmetal, spirit bloom also disappears and vice versa. So it's only good for two Strange Coins max. *Possible* to be able to repeat it tomorrow, but unlikely.

You can also do this on every single character for a total of 6 coins.

Seems like it was. Since you could create a character, get to the tower and buy another. Then delete the character and repeat after throwing the coin in storage.

Finally got a legendary and an exotic. The exotic is a hand cannon called The Last Word that I probably won't use and the legendary are titan gauntlets, but I'm a warlock. They both came from the rank 6 Cryptarch package. I've got 3 legendary engrams and countless rare engrams from farming the cave on earth, but no legendaries or exotics from those. I just want a new weapon. I'm still using a level 18 Galahad auto rifle.
That Cryptarch guy hates me too, purple engrams I give him or he mails me for leveling rank always turns blue or into strange coins, everytime.

Also as a primary lvl 24PvE Warlock switching to sunslinger player that have difficulty doing the harder weekly strikes, I would like to do the weekly strikes to boost my vangaurd reps, with only greens and blues:

What are suggestions that I buy from Xur 1st, weapon or armor?

What are suggestions that I buy from Xur 1st, weapon or armor?
Both are nice. If you do the Warlock Gauntlets, you can upgrade it for a total of 30 Light which will boost your level significantly.

Rockets are nice as well because they will do a ton of damage against enemies being an Exotic. You just won't get a ton of ammo for it because it's a heavy weapon. Thus making it not as useful as say, Icebreaker, a Exotic Sniper Rifle that regens 1 ammo every 5 seconds. However it can only hold 6 ammo max and doesn't reload. It also has a very nasty kickback when firing.

I already had the Gauntlets from the previous week and use Sunslinger as my primary sub-class. I tend to use the grenade a lot and the extended duration quite useful in many situations. Those grenades also work VERY well against enemies on the Epic modifier, especially the shields. It helped immensely in the previous weeks Nightfall. Most enemies are shielded and Kinectic Damage doesn't do shit against those shields.

As for the Rocket Launcher, it means I wouldn't be able to use my Exotic Shotgun, Invectus. It's a nice weapon, but at higher difficulties it's almost impossible to use because it's too dangerous to get so close to enemies. So I'd have to choose between an Arc Rocket Launcher (Legendary) or Solar Rocket Launcher (Exotic). Ammo synthesis makes up for the shortfalls of low ammo, but can get rather pricey. In PvP though, I use my exotic shotgun and legendary rockets because it works much better.

Last, you have the Exotic Chest Engram that costs Motes of Light. There are six Exotic Chests I believe, two for each class (one for each sub-class). If you get lucky, you either get free Axiom Bolt grenade refills based on some circumstance I can't remember that's for Voidwalker. The other one is faster refilling of grenades when using the Sunslinger super. However you have a 1 in 6 chance of getting your desired one. Last week I got a Titan Chest, this week I got Voidwalker Vestments (the Axiom Bolt Warlock Chest) but I don't plan on using it over my gauntlets that are currently for sale by Xur.

In PvE, Sunslinger I find far more useful and Voidwalker. Especially since you can use it as a self-revive on harder difficulties. In PvP if you're playing Solo it can swing either way. However when you're with other people with a good amount of communication and coordination, I find Sunsinger significantly more useful. It makes for some hilarious and useful combinations.

Don't forget that you can change what your super does almost on the fly to fit the situation and keep your super charged. Changing the sub-class though will remove all your super charge when you switch.

bread's done
Back