Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Same here on PS4, got cut off and cant log back in.

I believe the triple play has to be triple kill, really fast. I even seen people talk about that on trophy forums. Destiny doesnt really explain it well.

I got my first exotic bounty. I had a choice ot 3, and i googled them and the one i chose "Shattered Memory Fragment" seemed the best. Its for a fusion rifle. I had another fusion rifle but seemed harder to complete, and the 3rd one was for a machine gun in which i already have a legendary machine gun and exotic rocket launcher in that slot. So if i get this exotic fusion rifle i can go back to using my legendary machine gun that i liked the more than the exotic rocket launcher.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going to sound odd coming from someone who uses the gnasher in gears of war 80% of the time. But Destiny needs to nerf shotguns. Sick of seeing one shot kills. Takes the fun out of the vs mode for me. Thats the only thing i dont like so far with vs mode.

EDIT: I guess if you cant beat them, join them. I was using a shotty later and found it pretty fun. LOL

Somehow i got lucky today and got the triple play trophy, which you have to get a triple kill on a hunter, warlock, and titan. Its such a luck trophy but glad i got that over with.

Man today i lost a lot of cash for nothing. First i bought vanguard gauntlets. Then i heard the ones from the strange vender help keep your fire nades last longer so i decided to use my strange coins on those. Then later in the day when i was playing vs, i got a legendary engram and it ended up being legendary guantlets. Could of used my strange coins or vanguard marks on something else. Im close to being able to afford some crucible gear, just need to get to level 2 first.

I use the Exotic Invective shotgun and even though it usually never gets me one shot kills, I will admit it is overpowered to hell ESPECIALLY if you are a Hunter with Blink Strike...one shot + melee = guaranteed kill

I was planing on trading this in when it came with my PS4 bundle but Destiny has turned out to be an incredible package and I'm loving it. Really hard to believe the criticism against this game when the same reviewers put vanilla Diablo 3 as one of the best PC games in history. I am stunned people can be so mad about some bullshit storyline when there's so many challenges to undertake and tons of character progression to be made. 

I FINALLY got my first exotic item with a legendary engram from the postmaster. The Cryptarch revealed the Patience and Time sniper rifle and suffice to say I was pretty damn ecstatic. It looks to have the best use in PvP. Those crazy upgrades of having the radar remain active when scoped in and when aiming down the sights for a period of time granting you invisibility are impressive.
From what my friend told me that has this SR: the cloaking takes about three seconds to activate, lasts only about 7-8 seconds, and the red line still gives you away when you scope in. :???:

Anyway, I received the Suros Regime exotic AR after winning a Rumble. :D/

Good progress in Vault today @ 7th, Arjay and iGnatia.
We got this. I may be on a little sooner than 4 by the way. Forgot we're playing the Raiders soooo the game might be over by halftime. :rofl:

EDIT: Kind of ironic. First my Patriots will conquer the Raiders then us CAGers will conquer the raid.....maybe.

I was planing on trading this in when it came with my PS4 bundle but Destiny has turned out to be an incredible package and I'm loving it. Really hard to believe the criticism against this game when the same reviewers put vanilla Diablo 3 as one of the best PC games in history. I am stunned people can be so mad about some bullshit storyline when there's so many challenges to undertake and tons of character progression to be made.
Seriously, i havent had this much of an addiction to one game in a LONG time. I mean i really havent done much besides play Destiny since the game came out. LOL Sad but true. When i wake up i eat breakfast, and then turn Destiny on to see what new bounties are available. I already maxed out my vanguard marks so ive been doing the crucible bounties, to get crucible marks and im about half way to max. I am really enjoying this game.

Finished the Nightfall a bit earlier today. Received the Heart of the Praxis Fire Exotic (Warlock Chest). So I now have both Warlock Exotic Chests. Friend received a Legendary Shotgun. Pretty much duo'd it with a Bladedancer and I was a Sunslinger (Self-Revive). Thanks to his Icebreaker Exotic Sniper Rifle it really made it much easier.

It was because the game was built up to be the second coming of Christ and it didn't live up to alot of people's expectations

I'm kind of glad that it didn't live up to people's expectations. I'm not sleeping enough due to this game as it is. If it was a good as the hype, I'd not be sleeping at all. I like sleep.

Seriously, i havent had this much of an addiction to one game in a LONG time. I mean i really havent done much besides play Destiny since the game came out. LOL Sad but true. When i wake up i eat breakfast, and then turn Destiny on to see what new bounties are available. I already maxed out my vanguard marks so ive been doing the crucible bounties, to get crucible marks and im about half way to max. I am really enjoying this game.
This. So much this.

I just got Sunbreaker gauntlets from Xur! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

lmmBt.gif

I'm lvl 23 and have been farming lvl 22/24 Strikes all day and not a single Engram that decrypted into Legendary... I'm seriously gonna give up on this bullshit. How the hell do some of you have nothing but Legendary/Exotic gear?

[quote name="ORGAN1ZAT10N_13" post="12110129" timestamp="1411282486"]I'm lvl 23 and have been farming lvl 22/24 Strikes all day and not a single Engram that decrypted into Legendary... I'm seriously gonna give up on this bullshit. How the hell do some of you have nothing but Legendary/Exotic gear?[/quote]
You're doing it wrong.

Do lower level strikes. The only difference is the end gear rewards. The time taken will make up for it. I'd recommend level 20 so you get tokens and reputation.

You'll still get engram drips that will decrypt into decent gear, and more of them quicker. In addition, faster tokens means faster gearing.

I was even doing the Earth farming and about 50 blues and 2 purples turned into nothing but blues. Seriously, how long do I have to do this before I get gear that will let me stand a fighting chance in pvp and raids?

I was even doing the Earth farming and about 50 blues and 2 purples turned into nothing but blues. Seriously, how long do I have to do this before I get gear that will let me stand a fighting chance in pvp and raids?
What makes you think that finding Legendary equipment is going to help you survive better in Crucible? The defense stat is normalized as is your damage stat. A majority of the bonuses aren't any better than what you find on blue equipment.

Been out of town all weekend but I did convince a friend to get Destiny. Hopefully the co-op action will add some life to it. I like this game a lot but Bungie is going to have to consistently update it to maintain my interest.

count your blessing, guy gave me a lvl 16 warlock bond I already had from a purple from the postmaster for leveling his cryptarch level. Of all the most useless thing he could have given me, cheap bastard.

What makes you think that finding Legendary equipment is going to help you survive better in Crucible? The defense stat is normalized as is your damage stat. A majority of the bonuses aren't any better than what you find on blue equipment.
Nothing is normalized. With my blue gun, it takes nearly a whole 34 bullet clip with round 224 power to drop an enemy, but there are people who are level 25 (who obviously have Legendary gear) who can soak that up and still kill me with one shot most of the time

Nothing is normalized. With my blue gun, it takes nearly a whole 34 bullet clip with round 224 power to drop an enemy, but there are people who are level 25 (who obviously have Legendary gear) who can soak that up and still kill me with one shot most of the time
shotgun/fusion rifle + melee that all you need no matter what lvl someone is. Crucible is so tripe seeing as abilities are not limited you have hunters going into the knife dancing bullshit and taking out entire teams because guns are limited meaning I have an almost maxed out bad juju 280~ damage but only takes out his shield.

The reason people soak up damage is because they put up an ability that soaks up damage it has nothing to do with weapons and armor. I tested this out with a level 5 hunter and mopped the floor with dudes with a shotty.

You're doing it wrong. Do lower level strikes. The only difference is the end gear rewards. The time taken will make up for it. I'd recommend level 20 so you get tokens and reputation. You'll still get engram drips that will decrypt into decent gear, and more of them quicker. In addition, faster tokens means faster gearing.
got last word from post master last night after finishing the slogg for bad juju. it was great .... not.

Finally got my copy of the PS3 version.  Put in a little time and currently stand at level 10 with my titan.  I plan to do a few more story missions before starting any grinding.

Question for anyone who knows:

is the best way to make progress right now to stack bounties onto story missions???

My first few bounties have been easy as they involved roaming the cosmodrome & I noticed that I ranked up pretty quick doing that.

EDIT:

Oh and my only journey to the crucible was... interesting.

Went into Control matches as a level 5 with my scout rifle and I GOT WORKED!  Stood NO chance in close range, but at mid-range I did alright (i'm used to running battle rifle in Halo). Finished the Bounty for 5 matches and got out.

Well, I finished the 25 Strikes for my Exotic Bounty today. I completely forgot that I need to see Xur after this. Should have just stuck it out and finished it yesterday.

Gah.

I had been saving my Crucible Marks for the FWC Scout Rifle but I caved and bought the legs and chest armor instead because I figured it would make me more well rounded for PvE which will help get more gear later. I already got a legendary Auto Rifle out of luck and so I figured making myself all around Legendary would be best. Not to mention then that I bought the boots that give more Auto Rifle ammo instead of Scout Rifle which I would rather have in the long run.

Needless to say a few hours later I apparently strike gold and am super lucky and decode both legendary legs and chest, both of which are nearly identical to the ones I just bought.... Bah humbug. Hahah Damn game is trolling me hard, first with nothing but Titan legendaries and now this!?

And yet all I want to do is play more : p

Gah.

I had been saving my Crucible Marks for the FWC Scout Rifle but I caved and bought the legs and chest armor instead because I figured it would make me more well rounded for PvE which will help get more gear later. I already got a legendary Auto Rifle out of luck and so I figured making myself all around Legendary would be best. Not to mention then that I bought the boots that give more Auto Rifle ammo instead of Scout Rifle which I would rather have in the long run.

Needless to say a few hours later I apparently strike gold and am super lucky and decode both legendary legs and chest, both of which are nearly identical to the ones I just bought.... Bah humbug. Hahah Damn game is trolling me hard, first with nothing but Titan legendaries and now this!?

And yet all I want to do is play more : p
I know that feel all to well.

I bought all my armor with marks (Vanguard/Crucible) and two items from Xur. Then on Rank 3 of Vanguard I got a Legendary Auto Rifle. Now I have:

2 Helms (1 Legendary, 1 Exotic [Voidwalker Spec]) - 1 Bought; 1 Drop

3 Gauntlets (1 Exotic [Sunsinger Spec], 2 Legendary) - 1 Bought; 2 Drop

4 Chest (2 Exotic [Both Specs], 2 Legendary) - 1 Bought; 1 Drop; 1 Nightfall Reward; 1 Exotic Chest Engram

2 Boots (2 Legendary) - 1 Bought; 1 Vanguard Rank 4

3 Primary (3 Legendaries) - 1 Vanguard Rank 3 Reward; 2 Drop after the Vanguard reward

1 Secondary (1 Exotic [Shotgun]) - 1 Exotic Bounty

2 Heavy (1 Exotic [Rockets], 1 Legendary) - 1 Bought; 1 Nightfall Reward

That blatantly says Beta hahah

Gah, I wish I could play a Raid!

I am just about to turn to 27 as my Warlock but that is on my X1 account : (

My PS4 Hunter is still 16. I just talk on here because this is the more active of the two threads haha

ChalupaBatman: I know you've been here for a few years, but your user name still brings me good feelings. I love Batman, enjoy chalupas, and The League is one of my favorite shows currently on the air.

If anyone wants to possibly team up tonight on PS4, I can get on soon after the WWE pay per view ends. Level 22 Titan.

ok my FINAL VERDICT after playing this game wit my hunny since 9/9, hitting level 20 w/warlock and 10 w/ other two:

8.5 (me) +
9 = (hunny)
8.75 TOTAL SCORE

i gave it .5 less perhaps cuz i play crucible mainly, and the matchmaking is so unbalanced for such an articulate game that i deducted pts for inconsistency

she thinks the single playet story modes great

Hey guys do we have a PS3 clan of some sort? I've been playing since the game got out, but have only been playing with randoms, which is not a ton of fun  :-({|=

What's up with the auto rifles with max rate of fire and zero impact? Just got a legendary one from an engram and this thing is ridiculous to use. Anyone have thoughts on them? What primary do you guys use in strikes/raid?

its unfortunate, good autos are few and far between

i found myself, oddly enough, using my sniper rifle for even close quarter and low/medium range fights

its unfortunate, good autos are few and far between

i found myself, oddly enough, using my sniper rifle for even close quarter and low/medium range fights
I have thought the opposite...

I love Scout Rifles but then I got my first legendary last week and it was an Auto Rifle, the Shadow Prince or whatever and I can't go back. The fire rate is so high and the damage is nearly the same as the scout rifle and so it you can do quick controlled bursts to the head it is ridiculous.

Though I did just upgrade my scout rifle that explodes on impact and it is pretty awesome hahah

I've been doing that in PvP since the game speed is slow (compared to UT). It makes headshots easy. :) Sadly, had to move away from that to level up my Suros Regime AR which is still devastating.

the scout rifles are very undesireable by my gf, so she sells them usually after firing two shots.

as you can imagine, the reason she doesnt like them nor do they interest me, is cuz they are single fire. unless im sniping, i prefer 3 round burst or full auto

now with that said, the scouts are the most devastatingly painful effects, and they are best for close quarter after shotties

BTW I upgraded a burst rifle to fully auto but its still in burst...

HOW DO U enable auto mode?

i meant it was un unlocked upgrade on 3 burst pulse, so do you mean i was not holding it? im sure both of us tried it and neither could get it auto fire (not burst)

i meant it was un unlocked upgrade on 3 burst pulse, so do you mean i was not holding it? im sure both of us tried it and neither could get it auto fire (not burst)
ALL Pulse Rifles are 3-shot bursts. What "Full Auto" means is that you can hold down the fire button and it will fire in quick succession. It does NOT fire like a Auto Rifle.

Gah, I am at that point now where EVERYTHING I need is Ascendant Shards. Would be at a hair away from 28 if I could get enough for all that I need.

I have searched all around and there is no real way to farm these correct? I cant do raids with friends at the moment because of their levels and so yeah

bread's done
Back