Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Hit 29 on my hunter over the weekend, so I am hoping to get in my first attempt at the hard raid today and see if I can't at least clear to the gatekeeper fight. Also might be able to hit 26 or 27 on my titan today. Might be looking to pull off the Nightfall, weekly, and normal raid at the last minute if I can manage that.

Gatekeeper took us an hour to do on hard mode. 5 29s and a 30. Random deaths all over the place. Used 8 heavy ammo synthesis. Essentially... 8k glimmer spent, and everyone got ascendant energies. The best feeling in the world :D

I think I'm still gonna host a hard mode raid tonight up until Gatekeeper. Relatively early start... maybe 8pm EDT or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey 7th Number & langdon-alger,

Real sorry I missed the PMs. Don't know why but just barely seeing the notice and I know I was signed in to CAG over the weekend.

Anyway, I think I should still have the normal raid checkpoint. But to clear up, still gotta do the gatekeepers section right before fighting Atheon; ya know, going into the portals to retrieve the relics so we'll probably need a full team.

If anyone's up for it, I'll be on tonight. PS3 system psn = WiiDaLoser

Best to reply in thread, just in case

Man I finished my second Titan during the weekend and got her up to level 20 after 8hrs of pain...god I don't want to ever do that again. Tough once it got to 20 it went straight to 28 since I just used all the other secondary armor my first Titan was wearing and some of my legendaries too. Either way after finishing the leveling I went on the Raid until 3AM and got nothing out of it other than the Shader and Ascendant Shards (friends who helped me level up asked me to stay up...couldn't say no ).

Painful part was that it took us 3 hrs to finish the raid on Normal...someone brought 2 friends into the party and wow, even at level 28 they couldn't accomplish even protecting a freaking portal. Now that they are "fixing" the boss I can't imagine anyone wanting to go into the Raid with randoms, its just too painful/nerve wrecking
Hey, thanks again to you and your buddy for helping me power level some too.

I've never really thought raids should cater to casuals or newbies, but I'm extremely biased in that view. The loot system is already so punishing to people who play casually, there's literally 0 incentive for anyone to play this game if they don't pour hours and hours into it. That's ultimately what's going to drive people away from raiding IMO. Time will tell...
AND

That is a valid point I that newcomers just simply shouldnt have the elite gear and that definitely makes sense. I just like helping people haha

Definitely is true though, if you arent able to grind this game for hours your progression will be quite slow. That isnt necessarily a bad thing though because that just stretches the longevity for those that stick with it. But yeah many will drop out from it too.
This is why I find it so funny that Bungie is making these changes; especially with the holidays right around the corner. I'm sure they're expecting another boost in sales, which means more new players. But now you've got competition from CoD, so the casual players are just gonna give up on Destiny pretty quick.

If Bungie really wants to get players to play they raid they way THEY want, then they need to incentivize us. Make it so that cheesing Atheon results in pratically no shot at decent loot while killing him on the arena improves your shot at the good stuff (and I mean better than the current drop %). This'll change player actions and all without the use of baby bumpers and random teleports.

It just looks like someone at Bungie threw a temper tantrum because people aren't playing the game the way THEY want us to play... all HARDCORDZ and stuff :roll:

As far as I'm concerned, I feel I already put in my time to see the raid content and Bungie doesn't get to tell me I'm doing it wrong. I've only got so much free time so if you want me to sink more time into a fight then improve my chances at getting better loot drops. Real simple

Changing simple things like different chances at getting loot depending on how you kill the boss or anything similar to that might be harder than it looks, or near impossible depending on how the game is coded. I doubt Bungie will ever get the game to the point where they can differentiate between a cheese kill and a legit kill.

Console games :/

Changing simple things like different chances at getting loot depending on how you kill the boss or anything similar to that might be harder than it looks, or near impossible depending on how the game is coded. I doubt Bungie will ever get the game to the point where they can differentiate between a cheese kill and a legit kill.

Console games :/
I suppose... but considering they're adding baby bumpers had me thinking they could also easily add another platform down below the edge. And if Atheon touches it, it results in bad/no loot.

The real problem seems to come from the loot system itself. Too many people getting the good stuff is throwing off their time-table.

Hey 7th Number & langdon-alger,

Real sorry I missed the PMs. Don't know why but just barely seeing the notice and I know I was signed in to CAG over the weekend.

Anyway, I think I should still have the normal raid checkpoint. But to clear up, still gotta do the gatekeepers section right before fighting Atheon; ya know, going into the portals to retrieve the relics so we'll probably need a full team.

If anyone's up for it, I'll be on tonight. PS3 system psn = WiiDaLoser

Best to reply in thread, just in case

Hey, thanks again to you and your buddy for helping me power level some too.
Don't worry about me for tonight, I really don't have time for raid-level commitment during the week. And I've never done any of the raid stuff anyway, so I'd need a lot of hand holding.

Don't worry about me for tonight, I really don't have time for raid-level commitment during the week. And I've never done any of the raid stuff anyway, so I'd need a lot of hand holding.
No sweat. I'd say it'd be about an hour tops, from my current checkpoint to Atheon cheese. But if the whole group's new, then who knows how long :lol: . Tough part is finding experienced raiders this close to the weekly reset that would want to do a run.

Long shot, but anyone have the Templar checkpoint on Hard for the raid on PS4?

Thanks.
I have the oracle checkpoint (the confluxes stage is beat) on hard, and wouldn't mind giving it to you. I would send you a PSN message/invite, but don't know what your PSN is, and it's not in your profile. Feel free to send me one, though.

I'm only looking to do from the beginning up until the Gorgon Maze. Not interested in Gatekeeper or Atheon :p
Off topic: Even though you aren't on my friend list I saw you today in the tower haha. I waved and started dancing but I don't think you noticed. Found it funny though.

I've seen you while patrolling Earth too. Did the Devil Walker with you + a buddy of yours I assume. I AFK in the Tower a ton so... yeah.

Are you located near Boston by chance? IIRC they're doing the "place people who are located geographically close together"

Turtle, we beat the Gatekeeper on our mains! This is just an alt run, I don't need more headaches for 3 energy.

I've seen you while patrolling Earth too. Did the Devil Walker with you + a buddy of yours I assume. I AFK in the Tower a ton so... yeah.

Are you located near Boston by chance? IIRC they're doing the "place people who are located geographically close together"

Turtle, we beat the Gatekeeper on our mains! This is just an alt run, I don't need more headaches for 3 energy.
Ah I was probably with either iGnatia or 7thNumber and yes I was born near Boston but currently live in Maine. I didn't know they did that but it would explain all the Boston Sports related PSN names I've seen haha.

It's kinda creepy tbh. I have extra incentive not to accept all the random friend requests I get from people. I don't wanna find out they live right next to me lol.

Did the Nightfall and Weekly with randoms on my Titan. Got 12 shards for my Nightfall reward and a couple blue engrams from the weekly. Was hoping for something less useless, but at least I got the coins.

I just posted a crazy long excited rant on the X1 forum but basically I had crazy awesome luck last night and now have the mythoclast which was the last thing I needed for my Warlock. Also my team annihilated the Raid in 40 minutes with only 5 people, one of them being 27. Not to mention we were all half asleep and one of our others was high as shit and playing really poorly hahah. Made me confident we could do a 5 man 30 minute run with no deaths easily.

Now with my Warlock completely maxed out it is time to focus on my Hunter!

I just posted a crazy long excited rant on the X1 forum but basically I had crazy awesome luck last night and now have the mythoclast which was the last thing I needed for my Warlock. Also my team annihilated the Raid in 40 minutes with only 5 people, one of them being 27. Not to mention we were all half asleep and one of our others was high as shit and playing really poorly hahah. Made me confident we could do a 5 man 30 minute run with no deaths easily.

Now with my Warlock completely maxed out it is time to focus on my Hunter!
Dangs man,I barely manage to finish the weekly last night to get my 9 coins before the reset and didn't manage to do another run of the vault on hard, granted I bet I would have only gotten shards. I'll keep on trying the vault to see if I can get the armor pieces for my titans, but kinda hard to keep my hopes up :drool:

If it makes you guys feel any better (OK, it probably won't), I did Atheon-only on hard (first time in hard raid) and got the Vex Mythoclast, the legendary sparrow, and the raid helmet all on that single drop.

If it makes you guys feel any better (OK, it probably won't), I did Atheon-only on hard (first time in hard raid) and got the Vex Mythoclast, the legendary sparrow, and the raid helmet all on that drop.
Were you the lowest level in your group and did the least amount of work?

That is usually how it goes hah

Sooo whens the next big event?
I was thinking a really simple event but one many people would appreciate would be a 'Double Raid Week' where each character can get rewards from playing the Raid a second time instead of just that first time through for the week. Since most people complain about the drops and many more casual people are finally reaching Raid acceptable levels I feel like giving players double the chance for rewards would be pretty cool and again super simple from their end hah

I was thinking a really simple event but one many people would appreciate would be a 'Double Raid Week' where each character can get rewards from playing the Raid a second time instead of just that first time through for the week. Since most people complain about the drops and many more casual people are finally reaching Raid acceptable levels I feel like giving players double the chance for rewards would be pretty cool and again super simple from their end hah
Great idea, but Bungie doesn't want you to get rewards. They want u to suffer :(

[quote name="snakeybro" post="12174829" timestamp="1413914126"]Great idea, but Bungie doesn't want you to get rewards. They want u to suffer :([/quote]
It's about grinding and keeping you entertained until the next patch or DLC. What Bungie needs to do is put some incentive to playing more than one character to extend the lifetime of the game.

finally trading my PS3 copy in this week while its still 35 @BB. No match making on RAIDS and no comms means continuing on is pointless. Good luck all.

It's about grinding and keeping you entertained until the next patch or DLC. What Bungie needs to do is put some incentive to playing more than one character to extend the lifetime of the game.
but, but, but the VoG IS the incentive! You create two, three, four guardians so that you can hit VoG more than once a week.

All you gotta do is get 6 people to coordinate their lives around a set time. That's TOTALLY easy... right ;)

finally trading my PS3 copy in this week while its still 35 @BB. No match making on RAIDS and no comms means continuing on is pointless. Good luck all.
I get what you're saying. There's only so much to do and then there's that big chunk blocked off by no matchmaking.

I'm sticking it out a while longer... Actually thinking of trading in my copy to get the digital version just to have the free upgrade to PS4. I'd only be out $10 between the trade-in value and the current $50 sale price.

Only thing I don't know is if the DLC pass I have would sync up with a digital purchase.

Guessing it would, but gotta double-check to be sure.

Anybody wanna do weekly and nightfall 2nyt around 9pm pst onwards? Cheesing phogoth in the backroom. Have 3 char to switch around for this.

If the rest of my usual raid team doesn't log before then I'll run the nightfall and weekly with you at 9. Did them on my hunter earlier, but still got to clear them on my titan.

If the rest of my usual raid team doesn't log before then I'll run the nightfall and weekly with you at 9. Did them on my hunter earlier, but still got to clear them on my titan.
Im gona try solo the nightfall. Hop on whenever. Ofcourse most of the cags alreafy have their raid groups 2nyt.

I've decided I'm done doing bounties for no reason. Will do them for a bit only if I the last piece of raid gear I need to hit 30, or I get a hard-mode only weapon that has non-kinetic damage.

Time to just raid and PLAY OTHER GAMES. This will be exciting!

...I think I hate this game and am giving it up until the DLC.  Even then I am seriously considering trading it in even with 150 hours logged.

I have 3 level 29 characters.  Warlock, Titan, and Hunter.  I have done the raid on hard the last two weeks and on normal for the last month on almost all of these characters.  They have been stuck at 29 for a month.

Everything with the RNG system is so broke with this game it is infuriating.

It's like a relationship.  It was good for a while, had some good times, but it's ending badly and leaving a sour taste.  I would say 150 hours is money well spent, but it wasn't quality time.

Just completed the hard mode raid on my 3 characters and it induced rage.  Got my third Hard Light, 4th Time Breaker, 3rd Aspect of Glass, etc.  But you know, still stuck at 2 warlock raid boots, 2 warlock raid helmets, 1 hunter raid boot, and 1 titan raid boots.

Then I see someone get a mythoclast, helmet, ship, and time breaker in one Atheon drop.  Of course, they sat at the back while I cheesed it.

Then Bungie wants to patch the cheese, which is the only thing keeping this game even remotely entertaining.

Thanks for listening to the rant guys.  I'm sorry.  This needed to be voiced and I could go on, but I will remove myself.

I wish I could take every moment I played of this absolute shit game back and play an actual quality game.

:(

*hands shake, eyes bleed*

RNGesus doom me to hell and master rahool can eat a dick.

Just decided to add up all the time spent between my 3 toons. 242 hours... man. That's not too bad I guess. Really need to just get Flawless Raider out of the way, then it'll be all worth it. ROFL.

I finally got to 28...someone who isnt ready to quit Destiny all together invite me to raid and show me the ropes. I'll study up on it beforehand so I wont be a total nusance.

I'm still having fun but get frustrated when it feels like I'm not making progress. Sometimes it feels like you grind and grind and get nowhere for a couple weeks. Then bam you get 6 shards in one day and can upgrade your damn armor after weeks of shard drought. 

I need to start another character...but I dont want to play the game all over again again again again again...new content cant come soon enough.

...I think I hate this game and am giving it up until the DLC. Even then I am seriously considering trading it in even with 150 hours logged.

I wish I could take every moment I played of this absolute shit game back and play an actual quality game.
If you thought it was shit, you wouldn't have sunk 150 hours into it. Any sane person would have stopped after 3 or 4 if they decided it wasn't for them

Just decided to add up all the time spent between my 3 toons. 242 hours... man. That's not too bad I guess. Really need to just get Flawless Raider out of the way, then it'll be all worth it. ROFL.
That's a lot of time spent. I started a titan and he is lvl 6. I really do not want to level again but I feel like I am lacking on raids though with the 29 Hunter. I did get the ice breaker and shadow price fully maxed out though for the alt raids so hopefully i can contribute better.. I just rather play shadows of mordor than level an alt here.

Got invited into a normal raid... during the Atheon fight. Always weird getting dropped into the middle of a battle, but I guess someone else just quit w/out warning.

Anyway, I can confirm the cheese is still firmly in place. I even got to take shots at him with my Titan; this >< close to being able to take credit, but someone elses 'nade finished him.

And talking with others, it sounds like Bungie did have an update but it failed QA??? Anyone else hear the same??? Something like they rolled it out in one region then pulled it.

Oh and my prize for enjoying Atheon cheese... 4 ascendent mats :???: . Still looking for that 1st raid armor, preferably legs

I finally got to 28...someone who isnt ready to quit Destiny all together invite me to raid and show me the ropes. I'll study up on it beforehand so I wont be a total nusance.

I'm still having fun but get frustrated when it feels like I'm not making progress. Sometimes it feels like you grind and grind and get nowhere for a couple weeks. Then bam you get 6 shards in one day and can upgrade your damn armor after weeks of shard drought.

I need to start another character...but I dont want to play the game all over again again again again again...new content cant come soon enough.
Yeah, I get having to grind to level up. I DON'T like getting stuck on level progress simply because the RNG gods didn't give me the "special" armor. But a 2nd character would help you grind for the rarer stuff like shards, mats & coins.

This is when a boost night would come in handy.

If a high level is gonna grind XP anyway, they could help boost your stats just by being together. Then, you can pay it forward when you gotta grind.

If you thought it was shit, you wouldn't have sunk 150 hours into it. Any sane person would have stopped after 3 or 4 if they decided it wasn't for them
Since when are CAGs sane?!?!?! ;)

bread's done
Back