Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

FYI, when you finish the Urn quest line from Eris you get new +33 light gloves (at least I did). So if you're looking to upgrade armor it might be better to buy a helmet or a chest piece from vendors instead.

I think I will go with No Backup Plans before Armamentarium. I use Auto Rifle and Shotgun a lot. I just need more strange coins and glimmer after upgrading the Ice Breaker. Got the Exotic engram and it yielded the Hunter helmet "Knucklehead Radar".

Chamber of the night is a good story mission to shoulder charge wizards in. There are two on the way to the final room and in the final room there are three more, and its a pretty low level so its pretty simple.

If anyone is doing either raid tonight let me know i am down for a raid!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="Motiv" post="12323287" timestamp="1418425760"]FYI, when you finish the Urn quest line from Eris you get new +33 light gloves (at least I did). So if you're looking to upgrade armor it might be better to buy a helmet or a chest piece from vendors instead.[/quote]

Crap i just bought gloves for the hunter n titan! Il be rocking exotic helms 2.0 again this time around. But yeah, i only have the titan finish the dlc quest. I still have to do wakening both my otger char. The daily yesterday helped alot coz i was forced to play it knocking out the eris quest. Ty for the peeps that i joined. Anybody still missing nf and weeklies this week? I have yet to do them on my 2 char. Was trying to levl up murmur tge whole time yesterday. Really wish i have telemetries.

Crap i just bought gloves for the hunter n titan! Il be rocking exotic helms 2.0 again this time around. But yeah, i only have the titan finish the dlc quest. I still have to do wakening both my otger char. The daily yesterday helped alot coz i was forced to play it knocking out the eris quest. Ty for the peeps that i joined. Anybody still missing nf and weeklies this week? I have yet to do them on my 2 char. Was trying to levl up murmur tge whole time yesterday. Really wish i have telemetries.
Did I friend request you for PS4? If not, give me a shout, I need NF and weekly still.

Chamber of the night is a good story mission to shoulder charge wizards in. There are two on the way to the final room and in the final room there are three more, and its a pretty low level so its pretty simple.

If anyone is doing either raid tonight let me know i am down for a raid!
I'll second that, anyone looking for people to do a Raid just send me a message

Made it to 31 with my titan today. Now im ready to go back into the new raid. I have all the gear i need to get my hunter to 31, just need to max out the armor.

Played the new mars strike and it was okay. Better than the other PSN exclusive i think. Also the last mission for that urn bounty was pretty cool. Too bad the reward kind of sucked, got titan gauntlets and i already had 2 legendary pair and 1 exotic pair from the DLC. I also got a sniper and machine gun that has the higher damage from DLC weapons. And i upgraded my suros and ice breaker. Now i have no glimmer. LOL

Where were you 2 days ago :(
Hmm. I must've missed it if someone mentioned it a few days ago. Argh. To be honest this whole week has been a blur. Woosh. And it's already the weekend. Good grief.

So I went for it and ended up buying the updated Voidfang Vestments because the stats were +14 better than my previous one. I also upgraded The Last Word to ver. 2.0 since I had 9 crucible bounties to knock out today. I figured I'd start leveling all the stats back while running through those Crucible bounties. Now I just need to grind for more glimmer since upgrading 3 exotic weapons really takes it's toll.

Lucked out. So i did the wakening quest and got a legendary engram as reward... Turned into hawkmoon 2.0. Woohoo! I never got this before so its really is something! Might have to level this up 1st than suros. Hand cannons were my weapon of choice from the start until i started leveling other types.

I need to do nightfall and weekly for both my guys still. One level 30 titan and a 29 (almost 30) hunter. I should be on later tonight. Just join my game or send an invite that says what you want to do...

I would do hard VOG also...or the new raid. I saw someone on reddit did the new raid in like 30 minutes so thats cool that it wont be a huge time sink once everyone figures it out on regular.

Probably be on sometime around 9-10 central until about 1 or so.

I think the new content is fun so far.

jesus. i think i'm officially, inexplicably addicted to this game. now that i have 2 characters at level 29 and counting, i'm always finding something to do. i can't explain it.

Yeah I keep thinking I'm going to take a break and play something else but I kind of don't want to. They are doing a good job of keeping that carrot dangling. You get just enough new gear or new things to do to keep you hooked. Iron Banner is showing back up a little too soon I think. It will be tough to get my updated exotics upgraded :p

I do think santa will bring me dragon age (actually I know because my wife had me buy it and give it to her LOL) so I will probably give that a go. It should last a long time considering I'll be splitting my time between the two games.

So i ended up buying a 6th and 7th exotic engram and i got both hunter helmets. The third eye and the radar one. Now i have no motes. :(

But i am close to getting my 3rd character to 31, which is my warlock. Probably could get there if i had some damn glimmer. Did a lot of upgrades on my armor for my warlock and im down to 500 glimmer again.

Still would LOVE to do the crotas end raid again, so if anyone needs some players im always down for a raid if you see me online.

I don't get how you people can play this game for as long as you do. I only have 1 character at level 28 and I still haven't ever done the Vault of Glass because no one here ever wanted to.

The secret to getting into raids is to be in the right place at the right time when someone is short a dude or to start a party and invite people. Its not like the people here are excluding you, there are lots of weeks I dont even do the raid or only do it on one character.

Also if you really want to raid on your schedule try DestinyLFG.com its set up just for people looking for a group.

At 28 you are ready to do the VOG on regular.

So, after a little bit of trial and error I managed to pull off the bridge solo on my Hunter. RNGesus blessed me with the chest piece for my efforts. Going to try to figure out the run to get the second chest later, see if I can find a group for Crota, and then do it all again on my Titan and Warlock at some point. Apparently there is a super easy method to cheese the bridge with a sunsinger and I think it should be easier on my Titan than it was on my Hunter. I thought I captured a video of me doing it, but it was not there when I checked afterwards. This video shows the method I used to get across though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqfnfyBgBMU

Once I got the jumping down I spent a little while killing stuff on the starting side to get max heavy ammo for my Gjallarhorn. Once I had that I killed myself to reset and took out the sword bearer with 4 golden gun shots, a trip mine and one melee attack. On the other side I started out by killing the acolytes and thralls to the right, took down 1 of the wizards with 2 rockets, got the first ogre with the remaining rockets and golden gun, popped a heavy synth and took out the second ogre across the map with rockets and a few scout rifle shots. It was actually way easier than I expected it to be.  

So i ended up buying a 6th and 7th exotic engram and i got both hunter helmets. The third eye and the radar one. Now i have no motes. :(

But i am close to getting my 3rd character to 31, which is my warlock. Probably could get there if i had some damn glimmer. Did a lot of upgrades on my armor for my warlock and im down to 500 glimmer again.

Still would LOVE to do the crotas end raid again, so if anyone needs some players im always down for a raid if you see me online.
Same here, I want to run the raid today and I'm always down for running it too. Got the checkpoint on Crota with the Hunter if someone wants to start from there.

All three characters will be at 31 today :D/ how da heck that happen I don't freaking now. Tough I do need a ton of armor material for the Warlock so maybe the warlock stays at 30 :whistle2:k ?

I don't get how you people can play this game for as long as you do. I only have 1 character at level 28 and I still haven't ever done the Vault of Glass because no one here ever wanted to.
That's cause we go looking for people to do it using LFG or just random invited tbh. We all have different schedules so its never safe to assume the others are going to be there or we might have already finished the activity you want to do. Like I would not have done this week's nightfall/weekly again after doing it with my characters no matter what. Freaking Omnigul sucks

Apparently there is a super easy method to cheese the bridge with a sunsinger and I think it should be easier on my Titan than it was on my Hunter.
Yeah and it really is super easy. Me and 7 tried it out today and it didn't take long at all. All we got was Energy though. :/

Xur's stock for next week has leaked. No surprises here.

078rr6Y.jpg

:whistle2:

I finally hit Level 30. Could have done it 2 days ago if I could have gotten shards. On that note, anyone up for a raid tonight after 11 P.M. Eastern? I'll be watching the WWE pay per view, but would like to do one raid run. Would be fine with Vault of Glass normal or hard, or Crota's End on normal.

Total BS, its because I didn't pay for your DLC isn't it, Bungie :(

Now I remember why I left this game in the 1st place

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25061]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25062]

[quote name="nixmahn" post="12328479" timestamp="1418611327"]Total BS, its because I didn't pay for your DLC isn't it, Bungie :(
Now I remember why I left this game in the 1st place
[/quote]
Not at all. The higher damage weapons and better armor only matter in the Iron Banner. In regular pvp everything is auto leveled and the weapon bonus' only matter. Right now there are very very few people with anything from the new raid and the element primary weapons won't be accessible until hard mode unlocks next January. Sadly, you and I just suck.

Not at all. The higher damage weapons and better armor only matter in the Iron Banner. In regular pvp everything is auto leveled and the weapon bonus' only matter. Right now there are very very few people with anything from the new raid and the element primary weapons won't be accessible until hard mode unlocks next January. Sadly, you and I just suck.
I'm not talking about that, I had the highest kills on the winning team and everyone got something but me, didn't matter what it was but I got nothing. Before the DLC, twice I got middle and twice I got the unique Ice Breaker sniper after I bought it from Xur. 3 Ice breakers and no use but to upgrade 1.

My user name is MattYoung730, since neither of you is on my list. I'm getting on in a few minutes, though I can only play until 1 A.M. Eastern at latest.

Tomorrow, I can basically play from 7:30 P.M. Eastern onward, in case that would work better. Haven't done anything to organize a raid aside from posting here since I was watching the PPV.

[quote name="nixmahn" post="12328513" timestamp="1418612649"]I'm not talking about that, I had the highest kills on the winning team and everyone got something but me, didn't matter what it was but I got nothing. Before the DLC, twice I got middle and twice I got the unique Ice Breaker sniper after I bought it from Xur. 3 Ice breakers and no use but to upgrade 1.[/quote]
In this you are correct dear sir, and I apologize. In Destiny, the victor does not gain the spoils.
In fact I'm not great at pvp and I think I've gotten better loot as such.

Bungie said they updated the loot logic for the raid to take into account the drops you already have. I beat Crota twice last night and got the fusion rifle both times.

It was in my inventory but not equipped. So I guess your best bet to avoid dupes is to equip those items before the kill.

Got the boots and an exotic helm from nightfall. Hopefully chest and arms will come next week. That sniper rifle looks pretty damn good too.

Sorry guys... guess it's gotta be tomorrow night for me. I made it through a game and a half of Clash before being interrupted. Gonna have the PS4 on in the background for Netflix or something, but sadly can't play now. I will accept those friend requests.

Bungie said they updated the loot logic for the raid to take into account the drops you already have. I beat Crota twice last night and got the fusion rifle both times.

It was in my inventory but not equipped. So I guess your best bet to avoid dupes is to equip those items before the kill.

Got the boots and an exotic helm from nightfall. Hopefully chest and arms will come next week. That sniper rifle looks pretty damn good too.
Did they say that? I thought they just said the game will take into account how long it's been since your last "fun" drop. Like if you got shards back to back, you'd get armor the next time.

Just did the raid with my hunter and got boots and gauntlets, now i just need the chest. Still have to beat crota with my hunter and titan though, so maybe ill get the chest from that. Would be pretty awesome to get it all in one raid.

Just did the raid with my hunter and got boots and gauntlets, now i just need the chest. Still have to beat crota with my hunter and titan though, so maybe ill get the chest from that. Would be pretty awesome to get it all in one raid.
You are one lucky dog, tough I did get the boots for my hunter. Finally got Crota down after like 2hrs, we kept being wiped time after time and on 3 tries he had almost no health. Only got the shotgun from the whole thing and nothing else for my Titan. Gotta say, the first part went really well.

I have the checkpoint against Crota on my Hunter if anyone wants to try it tomorrow night.

Found an awesome group and got the whole raid done in about 35 minutes on my lock. Got Black Hammer off of Crota. Pretty excited to be able to pair that up with Gjallarhorn. Still need to do Crota on my hunter and titan and I still need the weekly on the lock. Hopefully I can fit that all in tomorrow.

Did they say that? I thought they just said the game will take into account how long it's been since your last "fun" drop. Like if you got shards back to back, you'd get armor the next time.
Here's the quote from the GameInformer article:

Perhaps most importantly, the loot raid drops for Crota’s End have been refined from what we experienced in the Vault of Glass. Specifically, the game will pay closer attention to the drops you’ve already had, as well as how long it’s been since you get a “fun” drop (as opposed to just materials). While there’s still a significant component of randomness, Bungie strongly implied to me that players should have a more consistent reward experience with the raid than what has been experienced in Vault of Glass when the Crota’s End raid launches on day one of the expansion.
Sounds like it's both. I've heard that people who had the emblem and shader equipped didn't get them again. Not sure if that would apply to other drops but I'm going to equip the FR at the end next time just to be safe.

Here's the quote from the GameInformer article:

Sounds like it's both. I've heard that people who had the emblem and shader equipped didn't get them again. Not sure if that would apply to other drops but I'm going to equip the FR at the end next time just to be safe.
I wonder if the drop rate logic is based off of that CHARACTER or your ACCOUNT as a whole. I would imagine it is actually based per character and not account. With that then when running multiples I can see it happening where each of your three characters could get the same gun in one week. Would stink but hey at least you can break it down for Radiant Materials which are in short supply currently for all of us!

Found an awesome group and got the whole raid done in about 35 minutes on my lock. Got Black Hammer off of Crota. Pretty excited to be able to pair that up with Gjallarhorn. Still need to do Crota on my hunter and titan and I still need the weekly on the lock. Hopefully I can fit that all in tomorrow.
They must have been really good. All in all is not that hard, it just really takes time and almost perfection since missing a hit with the sword on Crota can mean a wipe. Hit me up if you see me online and want to just beat Crota. I expect an update to come down tomorrow due to the "issues" @ the bridge, hope I'm wrong tough.

Except for Saturday, I wasn't able to play as much as I wanted this weekend.

Have had 3 different shots at the Crota boss fight but still no completion.  Coordination hasn't been quite right in those groups, which leaves me with the boss fight checkpoint on 2 toons.

Hopefully I find at least one group tonight to finish it.

But I did manage to blow my wad on Xur.  Did the 2 upgrades as soon as he arrived (Ice Breaker, Arm-tarium) and bought a couple engrams. Then spent most of Saturday glimmer farming and did 3 more upgrades (Last Word, Thorn, Suros).  Suros had dropped a few minutes prior when I helped on a VoG Hard run, so I lucked out (not having to use my current maxed one).

Saw I still had 30min before Xur would leave so did a bit more farming and was able to upgrade one of my No Backup Plans.  Also did one last engram (the hunter arachnid helm) and bought a new Truth (dismantled the old one) and bought Ruin Wings.

Ruin Wings have been interesting... I've only had the heavy ammo perk unlocked for maybe 30min and it's been living up to it's description.  I was using it in the Divide with a DLC RL and I was constantly getting heavy ammo drops, plus it was usually 3 shots per drop.  In other words I was never running out of heavy ammo :) .

I may end up replacing Arm-tarium with Ruin Wings if this keeps up.  Also means I'm letting my Gjallahorn off it's leash ;) .  Now if I can just get Black Hammer to pair up with it... oh baby :cool:  

Ruin Wings have been interesting... I've only had the heavy ammo perk unlocked for maybe 30min and it's been living up to it's description. I was using it in the Divide with a DLC RL and I was constantly getting heavy ammo drops, plus it was usually 3 shots per drop. In other words I was never running out of heavy ammo :) .

I may end up replacing Arm-tarium with Ruin Wings if this keeps up. Also means I'm letting my Gjallahorn off it's leash ;) . Now if I can just get Black Hammer to pair up with it... oh baby :cool:
My buddy and I were just talking about the Ruin Wings and we were curious how effective that heavy ammo perk is. I will definitely level it up now then and see the effects. I assumed it wouldn't really be all that helpful but by the sounds of it, the drops are fairly consistent which is amazing!

They must have been really good. All in all is not that hard, it just really takes time and almost perfection since missing a hit with the sword on Crota can mean a wipe. Hit me up if you see me online and want to just beat Crota. I expect an update to come down tomorrow due to the "issues" @ the bridge, hope I'm wrong tough.
Yeah it was 4 guys who know each other and they picked me and 1 other guy up. They were really good. One of them said he had run the full raid 8 times just to practice this week and they all had multiple clears. The biggest thing was that they made sure to communicate every detail. That has been my biggest problem with Crota groups so far. You really need to communicate and get the timing down perfect to maximize damage. The fight itself is pretty easy if you can manage that. Hopefully I can find 2 more similarly talented groups or we can get a CAG group going. I'll hit you up if I see you on when I am trying to do it.

I actually would not mind if they fixed the bridge fight a little bit. I don't really mind the solo crossings with the sword since they still require you to survive and kill the ogres, but the sunsinger wipe, self revive and snipe method is a bit much. The fight is honestly pretty easy to do legitimately, so I am not going to be all that upset if they fix it. I'll probably change my mind in a few weeks though. I did not like cheesing in VoG at first, but after running it enough times I quickly became all about cheesing my way through it as fast as possible to try and get raid armor.

My buddy and I were just talking about the Ruin Wings and we were curious how effective that heavy ammo perk is. I will definitely level it up now then and see the effects. I assumed it wouldn't really be all that helpful but by the sounds of it, the drops are fairly consistent which is amazing!
A guy in my raid last night was trying them out for the first time and was going crazy about how many drops he was getting. He stopped once to take a screenshot because he said there were 20+ heavy drops on the ground.

bread's done
Back