Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

i only roll with warlock but with sun singer I do the focused burst. I've been equipping two weapons with the +2 stat. I doubt they stack but it makes me feel confident haha

I really don't see myself beating Crota on hard, not because it is not doable, but because my patience runs too low. Enemies everywhere that are waaaaaay above the cap level. Heck by the time I tried beating him last night, I could have gotten the other 2 characters to the same point and gotten all the hard loot.

58352866.jpg

Is anyone else flushed with LDR 5001's? I have 4 of them for some reason, only bought 1 from the vangaurd but have gotten 3 others from nightfalls/weeklies/crucible since the iron banner ended.

I really don't see myself beating Crota on hard, not because it is not doable, but because my patience runs too low. Enemies everywhere that are waaaaaay above the cap level. Heck by the time I tried beating him last night, I could have gotten the other 2 characters to the same point and gotten all the hard loot.
This strategy seems the easiest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjHR-W5t8Is

If you have your speakers up, expect a loud 'hello' at the beginning.

Got 12 energies on my second nightfall...thats two weeks in a row.

We did nightfall, weekly, and then I stayed on to helped nix and deut with the thorn bounty.

I guess if I get back on later I'll level my titan to get to 32 then hit up the lfg.
Thanks for the invite and for both of your guys help with the Thorn bounty. It was great to finally finish that one and the invective bounty off yesterday. It's remarkable how much faster a team can kill Xyor than trying to solo that part alone.

Is anyone else flushed with LDR 5001's? I have 4 of them for some reason, only bought 1 from the vanguard but have gotten 3 others from nightfalls/weeklies/crucible since the iron banner ended.
It might be just a coincidence but I received two last week. One from a purple engram and the other from leveling up my vanguard rank. Sniper rifles in general seem to be flowing in lately as I've also received two void sniper rifles (Y-09 Longbow Synthesis & a Prudence II) from two of the three NFs this week.

n/p man glad to help.

Later on that night I got invited to someones game as they were starting nightfall so I helped them out then crazy joined at the end, they just got legendary guns. Nothing swagalicious...

I really need a 3rd character to store loot and also since I end up doing everything extra times to help people, I mean I could have gotten 24 energies instead of just 12!

Got my first shot at Crota hard mode last night and the only real hang-up came at the boss fight.

Lamps- more thrall and more powerful ogre, but can't say it was much more difficult

Gatekeeper bridge-we did the alt cheese, and de-spawned the enemies with our synchronized jumping skills.  (only sent 1 over)

2nd chest-no issues

Deathsinger-really smooth... like Really smooth (better than normal runs, go figure)

Crota- road block city.  We knew some things but were trying to figure out most of it on our own.

Best strat that worked for us was going left and sniping the boomers and wizard.  But even then we couldn't make it past the ogre spawn.

I like the methods in the vid of NOT killing boomers, just blocking them with the bubble.  And it's been a while since we've done center glass, but that might be a necessity since the boomers seem to have more range on their shots.

Hopefully, the group's free tonight and we can finish it. 

My only new drop was Praedyth's Timepiece, but Crota glued a bunch of crap to it ;)

Revanchist said:
Here's another strat for the not MLG pro's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FnBaFIDbSo

I didn't get to try this one out yet but i spent the whole day failing with multiple groups. The closest we ever got crota down was 50% health. On the bright side I got a the pulse rifle and chest piece for my hunter.
I managed to beat him once yesterday but two other times we had him down to the very last hit before wiping. The second time, not only was he down to like 1 pixel of health, but our swordbearer was on the downswing with the sword when he got killed by a boomer. We couldn't get that close again afterwards. That was the most frustrating one as we spent about 2 hours at it.

Every strat video I've seen seems to rely on a lot of luck. A lot of the times the guys are getting hit and just barely survive - a little more damage and it would have been a wipe. I'll have to view this one though.

Edit: Yeah, that is the two Titan bubble (on the boomers) strategy. That would keep a lot of the wipes down. The key there is generating orbs for it though like they do in the beginning. It seems safer and requires less heroics from the swordbearer as well (some of the other strats require him to get 4 hits per sword or coordinate use of super with sword, etc). It is hard enough for the swordbearer to just get up there let alone have to do a bunch of other stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got invited to a Crota group yesterday and tried out the strategy Draekon posted with some of my friends. The timing those guys have and the skill of their swordbearer are seriously impressive. To be able to  get 4 smashes in on the first 2 rounds and get a few hits in on a 3rd with the sword takes perfect timing and a good swordbearer. I think it's a good strategy. The problem we had was the guy that was running the sword wanted to do it in 2 swords exactly like they did, but we didn't have the timing or skill to pull it off. He died quite a bit trying to get the away after a 4th hit and we never came close to getting a 3rd partial set of hits in. I don't think too many groups are going to be able to pull it off without dealing with ogres. I definitely think it's doable now though.

I also finished up the bridge on my hunter with some randoms and got 5 energy. We went through and got the second chest and tried Ir Yut, but there was some weird stuff going on. We had 1 attempt where every single mob went to the left side which caught us by surprise and basically made it impossible to get the wizard out safely. We had another attempt where the wizard on the right didn't spawn in at the beginning. We thought we got lucky and someone ran inside to kill the shrieker. Once he started shooting at it the wizard suddenly spawned in behind him and dropped him real fast. There were a couple of other minor glitches as well. After a few tries people got pissed off and since there does not seem to be any current benefit to killing Ir Yut on hard we called it quits.

I farmed Exclusion Zone to get enough glimmer to take my Titan to 32 earlier today. I'm going to try and run the beginning of the raid again with him tonight. After that I will probably have to farm glimmer again for my warlock since I think I will need to convert 15-20 energy into shards to take him to 32.

Most of the groups I've been in are not that good with timing...lots of late rockets or early ones and half the time people are out of ammo...

Question: Xur weapons upgrading will give my exotic higher Atk? Like right now I have only Invective shotgun, which attributes will change if I decide to upgrade it with Xur?

Question: Xur weapons upgrading will give my exotic higher Atk? Like right now I have only Invective shotgun, which attributes will change if I decide to upgrade it with Xur?
300 to 331 attack. Everything else will stay the same. My suggestion, upgrade another gun. Invective bounty comes up often enough & you will have to upgrade it either way.

Wait so if my exotic are already xxx/331 then there is no point of upgrading em? Also if I understand correctly these upgrades are rather for pre-Dark below players than new players?

Wait so if my exotic are already xxx/331 then there is no point of upgrading em? Also if I understand correctly these upgrades are rather for pre-Dark below players than new players?
Yeah there's no point in wasting glimmer/exotic shards if your exotic weapon is already 331

For some reason I thought that the bubble didn't last long enough, but I tried it out the other day after seeing this and I actually ended up having time to spare with my bubble. I popped it right as the first round of shots were about to hit me and the bubble was still up for a few seconds after the bridge formed. I don't know why I thought the bubble went away too soon for it to work.

I ended up finding a group to run the bridge and Ir Yut with after that. I ended up with the Pulse Rifle from the lamps, a chest piece and the auto rifle from the bridge plus some mats. My Titan has a full set of raid armor now.

After I finished with that I went and farmed a little bit to take my warlock to 32. I logged on just a few minutes ago to see if I could solo lamps with him and it actually ended up being pretty easy. The jump off the lamp took me a few tries, but the ogre fight was actually pretty simple. I just camped on the usual rock and started out by hitting him with Black Hammer. I managed to put 6 head shots into him while he was moving into shooting position. Once he came out I switched to Gjalla and 3 rockets finished him. He only had a sliver left after the second rocket and I actually think if you were quick enough with a sniper you could probably keep him staggered constantly and not even need rockets.

The lamp part is doable with a titan and the bubble. Me and 7 tried it early and what he did was pop a bubble right before the Ogre starts shooting and then as soon as the bubble was gone he crouched down and off the rock and headed toward the bridge. By the time he got to the pad the bridge was formed and he booked it across.

The second time we had a third and it was my turn as a titan. For some reason, despite having the same exact setup, my bubble seemed to go away quicker. Almost as if the Ogre blasted through the bubble and killed me. Not exactly sure what happened. However, the third guy was a warlock and he revived as the counter hit 1 and for some reason the bridge was still forming and it finished right when he revived taking away the weight of darkness. He was then able to jump up the rock and take the shortcut and just ran all the way to the end avoiding the thrall until he made it across. Not sure where the Ogre had walked off to because like a dummy I had quit and rejoined thinking "Oh he can just revive me now." D'oh.

Bought seven helmet engrams trying to get a better obsidian mind, the arachnid hunter helmet i dont have, or other exotics i have that are still light 30. The guy only gave me light 36 helmets i already had. None of them had better stats. So i basically paid 161 motes for 7 exotic shards :(

I have to keep grinding for armor engrams to get 50 more plates...I wish you could just buy these (I guess technically you can buy green engrams or armor but I need the glimmer to upgrade too)...my hunter has hundreds of wire but for some reason my titan is always lacking armor plates.

I created a Hunter last week and am in a similar situation. My Titan has 500+ extra plasteel plating, but I can't upgrade my Hunter due to a shortage of sapphire wire.

Probably already know this...but just put whatever blue engrams you find on your main and give it your alt to decrypt and enjoy your free 2-4 class mats.

Remember to max out the experience on your armor before dismantling it. It makes a big difference in the number of the class specific mats you get back. You will get 2 or 3 from dismantling greens instead of 1 or 2 and blues will give as many as 5.

well got another thorn bounty and I'm already up to the Xyor part, anyone looking to kill her, lmk.
Are you on the ps4? I'm in the same spot...nobody wants to help me out lol I spent an hour mowing them down with Atheon's Epilogue in the Crucible (i got 6 bounties down while i was at it)

After I upgrade this 331 Thorn, I'm thinking about just destroying my old 300 Thorn for the exotic shard

Tried to get the Crota kill done last night, but those glitches... ARGH!!!

Sword disappeared on us 5x and the swordbearer got stuck in the door another 4x. Super frustrating night.

We all said F'it. I've never seen the Crota raid glitch as much as it did last night.

I did join up with some other guys to help them with the normal raid. These were guys that would only cheese it (back before the patch), and it showed.

They were stuck at Deathsinger cp and that's where I joined. Helped them clear it on the 1st try. Then came Crota and that turned into a slog. Having come off the hard raid just 30min prior had me seeing how simple normal feels. But the problem came down to coordination.

They constantly took too long to kill the swordbearer, which had Crota moving by the time they did it. Then they couldn't fire rockets at the same time, for whatever reason.

At least I finally got the titan raid helmet... the only highlight of that BS night.

Bought seven helmet engrams trying to get a better obsidian mind, the arachnid hunter helmet i dont have, or other exotics i have that are still light 30. The guy only gave me light 36 helmets i already had. None of them had better stats. So i basically paid 161 motes for 7 exotic shards :(
Yup, I did the engram hustle 5x. Got 2 hunter helms, 2 warlock helms and 1 titan helm ( btw, I was on my titan at the time).

Only good one was Light Beyond Nemesis, since I didn't even have it. The titan helm (Saint-14) was another dup for me and well, I still don't have a hunter so, yeah... :???:

well got another thorn bounty and I'm already up to the Xyor part, anyone looking to kill her, lmk.
I'm still sitting on another thorn and bad juju. Just need to do crucible.

As long as I don't get bogged down by the Crota raid, I should be able to help out after an hour or two of PVP.

Finally beat Crota on hard tonight. Actually got it done twice. Once with the Warlock and once with the Hunter. Ended up with two of the shaders, two Crux of Crotas, a Truth, a Universal Remote, 9 Shards and 3 Energies. Not a bad haul.

Anybody mastered the jump on the lamps? Been doing it for the ladt hour tryng to get to the top Max agi correct perk. Ib equip. Still cant reach it with my lock. Was able to do it with the titan. Probably luck on that one. Sheesh! Was about to rage quit!!! Grrr! Anyway, can someone carry me to the checkpount? Hate missing out on cheesing! Hehe! Might aswell try and join lfg tom.

Beat Crota on hard and got the scout rifle. But the targeting perk that shows people you hit is kind of lame. Its just a red light that goes over the enemies head and its so fast i dont really understand what the purpose is for. It doesnt even show through objects if he goes behind cover it seems. But its a nice weapon to have for any arc nightfalls. :) Now i have the Crota scout, pulse, and the VOG timepiece that are all arc primaries, so each of my characters can have one arc primary, one void primary (atheons epilogue), and one solar primary (vision of confluence or crota auto rifle) all the time. The best part is they dont take up an exotic slot, and i wont have to do the tower shuffle. :D

ArJay2k8 said:
Finally beat Crota on hard tonight. Actually got it done twice. Once with the Warlock and once with the Hunter. Ended up with two of the shaders, two Crux of Crotas, a Truth, a Universal Remote, 9 Shards and 3 Energies. Not a bad haul.
jhill9056 said:
You actually got the Crux? I haven't seen anyone pull it yet.
He had to have meant Word of Crota (the Handcannon).

The 7th Number said:
Beat Crota on hard and got the scout rifle. But the targeting perk that shows people you hit is kind of lame. Its just a red light that goes over the enemies head and its so fast i dont really understand what the purpose is for. It doesnt even show through objects if he goes behind cover it seems. But its a nice weapon to have for any arc nightfalls.
When I was playing around with it, it put a green light above them (like sticking out vertically a few feet). It stays on them if you don't shoot anything else. The cool thing is that the other people in your Fireteam can see it. We were doing this on the Nexus strike and I was tagging Minotaurs. But, yeah, other than maybe there (when that are sometimes hard to see) I don't really see the point of it. I guess you could use it to target a particular enemy to gang up on.

I had some pretty good luck this week with hard mode. I beat it on all 3 characters and got all the weapons except for the Crux. I even got 2 pulse rifles. And I got one ship and one sparrow - so that really is everything but the Crux. Of course I still need that damn Hunger of Crota, which poses a dilemma. It seems that you cannot get the Normal mode weapons from Crota even if you haven't run Normal for the week (others in some of the groups I was in hadn't run it at all and no one got a non-primary Normal mode weapon drop on Crota though they did get the regular armor drops from earlier checkpoints along with the new pulse/auto rifle).

So somehow I'll need to run it on Normal and yet my Raid group will probably always want to run Hard from now on (and do it right after reset). I might have to hold back at least one character to run on Normal - though if the Crux starts dropping next week I'll want every chance I can get to snag that. I guess Hunger of Crota can always wait - I seem to be living without it just fine ;).

Ah crap yeah sorry I meant the Word of Crota. I was tired after the countless hours my team tried before finally beating it haha.

Finally was able to do the jump w my lock. Guess i just needed to relax to do the jump right. after all the deaths destiny trolled me once again giving me just radiant energies at the end. Wtf!

Got my 1st hard mode, Crota kill last night :D/ .  Gave me another helmet and shards :bomb:

It was a alt group I sometimes play with.  One of my main groups just couldn't get it together.  We were trying the 2-man strat of using the towers but failing miserably.

This other group was using the center glass and while we could get to ogres, we couldn't survive past that.  Either the thrall or Crota would kill us.  I suggested combining parts of the  glass and tower strats.  Worked really well.

We start with center glass and as soon as we're done with the 2nd sword we all run to the right tower... hop up on the doors and kill the 1st ogre, then immediately focus on the 2nd ogre... Crota should be moving back to center at this point so everyone runs back to center glass.

You do need to be careful of thrall behind the glass since there will be some lurking back there.  And when you're running up the stairs to center glass, it is helpful to have a titan pop a bubble at the top of the stairs in order to give protection from the boomers.

Our swordbearer was also using the right-side rock to hop up.  We didn't use audio clues to call out for rockets, we just fired as soon as we saw his icon make the hop up to the crota platform.  Timing worked really well and our swordbearer would get in 3 strikes per knee (only 2 knees per sword).

In the end, it was a total of 3 swords (18 hits approx.).  Nothing extra, nothing fancy... we didn't want to risk it :lol:

Gonna share this with my other group and see if we can't get it done there too.  Should work since it minimizes the majority of risk. The only risky part for the shooting team comes when you're returning to center glass, after ogres

I'm sooo happy to have got this done.  I think I went 6 hours of attempts before getting this kill.

jhill9056 said:
Crota has been two-manned. Personally I think this strategy looks a lot better than the center window one everyone is using right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3EWZkLqzVE
For two people perhaps. But I could see that being really confusing with 5 people popping out of the bubble to shoot rockets at Crota - would lead to people firing rockets into the backs of other people's heads and getting killed.

aFrostyONE said:
Got my 1st hard mode, Crota kill last night :D/ . Gave me another helmet and shards :bomb:

It was a alt group I sometimes play with. One of my main groups just couldn't get it together. We were trying the 2-man strat of using the towers but failing miserably.

This other group was using the center glass and while we could get to ogres, we couldn't survive past that. Either the thrall or Crota would kill us. I suggested combining parts of the glass and tower strats. Worked really well.
We start with center glass and as soon as we're done with the 2nd sword we all run to the right tower... hop up on the doors and kill the 1st ogre, then immediately focus on the 2nd ogre... Crota should be moving back to center at this point so everyone runs back to center glass.
You do need to be careful of thrall behind the glass since there will be some lurking back there. And when you're running up the stairs to center glass, it is helpful to have a titan pop a bubble at the top of the stairs in order to give protection from the boomers.

Our swordbearer was also using the right-side rock to hop up. We didn't use audio clues to call out for rockets, we just fired as soon as we saw his icon make the hop up to the crota platform. Timing worked really well and our swordbearer would get in 3 strikes per knee (only 2 knees per sword).

In the end, it was a total of 3 swords (18 hits approx.). Nothing extra, nothing fancy... we didn't want to risk it :lol:
This is almost exactly the way I cleared it on my 3rd character clear. On the first two, we hunted the ogres from up top and while that can certainly work, if you take too long it screws things up.

The one twist I would put on your strategy to make it even safer, is that, instead of running right back to the window and dealing with the thralls potentially getting you through there, you go back to the crystal room and clear out everything first. Meanwhile Crota will move to one side, then back again. You still have time to get him on that second move back to the center since that is your last round anyway.

To me the riskiest part was just getting down to the Ogre room as there are thralls down there (not to mention Crota and Boomer shots). I was on my Hunter with no way to regen health (I just last night maxed out my Mask of the Third Man so I can regen next week). So I had to be careful through the whole thing. But another thing you can do is leave one person in the crystal room. This can have 2 benefits. If they are a level 31 or someone who has low health, they can stay out of harms way from the thralls, the boomers, and the second ogre who can sometimes get some shots on your group after you kill the first one. They can also shoot the stuff up there and should be completely safe on the top of the doors since it is all thralls. Also, if your timing to get the second ogre and/or obtaining the last sword isn't perfect, you could have Crota move on you during that last set of attacks which would be disaster. If you just let him go to the side and back again, you can get back to the window with plenty of time.

Then the only thralls you have to worry about happen during Enrage - another group will spawn behind the window. If everyone makes sure to step forward as much as possible they won't get hit though. We had everyone survive the second time (after wiping once due to all of us getting killed and thus not quite downing Crota).

So, after hours spent doing runs that should have been kills if not for glitches I finally had the stars lineup with a group of randoms and dropped Crota on my lock. I was a little bit mad because I got the sparrow and a helmet. Since I am using an exotic helm for orb healing I was disappointed even though I did need a helmet and got a pretty good one. I said something about how it wasn't worth it for those drops. Then I hear somebody say that somebody got a Hawkmoon. I figure it's probably somebody else since I had just about given up on getting that thing to drop. We go to orbit and it pops up on my screen and I turned into a little kid and screamed a little bit. I then proceeded to go to the tower, put on Glowhoo and Hawkmoon, and dance for about 10 minutes. That was the best I have felt playing this game in awhile. It almost made up for all of the bs I have dealt with while trying to down Crota this week.

Wow you got the Crux (and 2 of them)?! Better get that thing all the way to the top.

Never mind, re-read that :drool: . I still have yet to beat Crota on hard...but my patience tends to run short

Got into a hard crota with my 31 titan and got enough shards to get to 32 after the first drop (i needed 2) got nothing but shards the rest of the way, but the group was mostly 31 and we didnt even try crota. I'll probably try and drop into a group on lfg tonight  and get to crota on my 31 hunter...May as well try for the guns and be happy with the shards. I need a helmet or chest and to level my boots I need moar shards...

Alternatively I guess I can try and get into a hard crota fight now that I'm 32 I wont be snubbed :)

I don't think anyone has shared this. If you unload all of your primary and heavy ammo and use Ice Breaker to kill mobs they will all basically drop heavy ammo. I saw it on Reddit a few days ago and tried it out for the first time last night. I used a machine gun with surplus and I probably had 10-15 heavy drops just from killing the mobs on the left and right at the start of the Crota fight. The game also gave me enough ammo to have 3 rockets after I switched my weapons back every time I did it. With surplus each drop was giving me 4 rockets. I was firing rockets like crazy at to take down the swordbearer, drop shields, and take out ogres and I never had to pop a synth. There were still a decent number of heavy drops left in the starting room when I finished the fight. It gave my group a pretty big boost and helped lessen the pain of wiping repeatedly knowing that I wasn't wasting synths in the process.

Well, tried to get that 1st group to kill Crota, but they just couldn't cut it.

We'd make it to ogres and run to the tower and still have someone die because of the ogre. SMH.

They're fun guys to play with but not always on point.

Later on, I joined some others to help get them past the bridge cp and I got the assault rifle :bouncy: .

Hoping the next nightfall has solar burn.

And gotta see if anyone still has to beat Crota... really want to get at least one more kill before the reset.

So somehow I'll need to run it on Normal and yet my Raid group will probably always want to run Hard from now on (and do it right after reset). I might have to hold back at least one character to run on Normal - though if the Crux starts dropping next week I'll want every chance I can get to snag that. I guess Hunger of Crota can always wait - I seem to be living without it just fine ;).
Same here man, that god damn gun just won't drop. Its either that or GHorn that everyone expects you to have, and yet the game just won't give either :wall: . So far the Truth has been my main Heavy, until either of these 2 drop

Doesn't Hunger of Crota have almost the same perks as Gjallar but even better that its legendary and deal extra DMG to Hive?
Yes they're technically the same minus the tracking clusters... although for the raid, the hunger of crota have hive disruptor which is super usefull.

KingZ said:
Doesn't Hunger of Crota have almost the same perks as Gjallar but even better that its legendary and deal extra DMG to Hive?
I want it so I can use Icrbreaker every so often. I do have G-Horn at least, so my usual loadout for the Raid is Fatebringer, Black Hammer, and G-Horn. But sometimes I'm low on sniper and Icebreaker would be nice (plus it would be nice for that heavy ammo trick).

I maxed out my Word of Crota last night. I think I'll try that in at least part of the Raid tonight (but not the beginning where exploding the thralls is really useful).

bread's done
Back