Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

I went with the Queenbreaker Bow for my exotic bounty choice. I know that I can change my mind at the final step so I'm not too worried about it right now.

Iron Banner returning on Tuesday, June 2. New features include:

-Lower-ranked Guardians on your account will receive a reputation boost to catch up to your higher-ranked Guardian more quickly
-Rewards cost less Glimmer – the grind is less real
-Etheric Light is available for purchase at Rank 3 and Rank 5
-The Gunsmith has inherited Lord Saladin’s weapon reforging service
-Power still matters, and it matters a little more as the delta between two players increases
-The Cauldron and Pantheon have been added to the playlist, along with Exodus Blue on PlayStation

I'm interested to see if you can buy only 1 Etheric Light at each rank or if you can buy it as many times as you want (assuming you have the glimmer). The armor available will be boots and gauntlets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun. I usually play better in Iron Banner and enjoy it more than regular Crucible. The game mode is always Control. Weapon and armor advantages matter. Getting to rank 3 usually only takes a couple days. Seems like a great way to get some Etheric Light!

-Etheric Light is available for purchase at Rank 3 and Rank 5

I'm interested to see if you can buy only 1 Etheric Light at each rank or if you can buy it as many times as you want (assuming you have the glimmer). The armor available will be boots and gauntlets.
They wouldn't have it available at two different Ranks if you could buy as many times as you want at Rank 3.

Good deal. The way things go for me, I think I will have to get lvl 34 by completing lvl 32 POE's and upgrading gear thru armor cores. So if I can't complete a lvl 34 POE anytime soon, this will still give me a chance to get some Etheric Lights. Goal this weekend is to get the Vex Mythocast completely leveled. I bought 2 exotic lights for it this morning.

Good deal. The way things go for me, I think I will have to get lvl 34 by completing lvl 32 POE's and upgrading gear thru armor cores. So if I can't complete a lvl 34 POE anytime soon, this will still give me a chance to get some Etheric Lights. Goal this weekend is to get the Vex Mythocast completely leveled. I bought 2 exotic lights for it this morning.

If there is light at 3 and 5 you probably can only buy it once. I dont know if i care about IB that much. Guess i could play it on the non-Trials of Osiris days, or if im waiting to get a ToO team together. If the gear isnt 42 light then idk if i will waste my time.

So today Xur had guantlet engrams which i was hoping for. I ended up spending around 420 motes, 500 strange coins, 300 shards to buy 38 engrams and get all three new gloves. My first engram was the warlock gloves he is selling so it started good. Got the titan gloves on my 9th engram. But dude would just not drop the hunter gloves, the ones i wanted the most. Eventually with my 38th engram i got the gloves with a shitty 95 strength i think. But at least i got them. Lucky for me i stock piled a lot of coins and shards where i still have 400 strange coins and around 600 ascendant shards left. Im glad motes seem to drop a lot easier these days. I should be back to 250 ish by next week if last week was anything to go by.

I wonder also if the IB stuff will be 42 but if not you get two etheric lights to level them right after you get them. If can get all my guys to 34 with IB then it will be worth it. 

Isnt the IB gear different now? I wear my hunter gauntlets all the time cause of the wolfs up until the new dlc and the crazy spike arm thing.

When the max light per item was raised to 36, Iron Banner gear followed suit. If the gear in the next one isn't 42, I'll be pretty damn surprised and disappointed.

When the max light per item was raised to 36, Iron Banner gear followed suit. If the gear in the next one isn't 42, I'll be pretty damn surprised and disappointed.
It didnt at first, i remember it still being the lower light for one or two weeks before they upped it to the max. I guess i might be interested depending on the perks. I already upped my crota boots for each character so if the IB boots dont carry heavy ammo then its not worth it. The gloves i dont even know if i want because i really need helmets so i can wear exotic guantlets.

I just checked and the December IB event right after TDB hit at least let you get to 31, just not 32. Then they changed it in January so that IB gear would allow people to get to 32.

I hate the crota armor and will be glad to be rid of it. Stupid knifes strapped on the hunter pants and the shoulder pads on the warlock...

I hate the crota armor and will be glad to be rid of it. Stupid knifes strapped on the hunter pants and the shoulder pads on the warlock...
They serve a purpose for completing the raid (various perks) but since they are not upping the level cap....they won't really do much. I use the boots for extra heavy ammo in PoE (7 gally shots instead of 5 is worth it). Plus the boots are not terrible on the eyes.

Any strats for this week ToO? I'm not feeling this map, Pantheon. I've died too many times to jumping of the edge while being chased with a felwinter's lie.

Oh man, week started off so well and now I'm sooo behind.

Haven't done any 34 PoE's and Trials starts today. And I absolutely want to get at least one 35 run in too... smh.

Well, if anyone needs a 34 titan/lock/hunter... lemme know.

Hi guys, I have lvl 32 warlock and looking for people to grind PoE, nightfalls, and raids with. Add me if you need a consistent player. PSN luan87us

I usually get on around 6:30pm mountain time (8:30 eastern) on weekdays and usually can be on most the time on weekend.

PS: If you send me a friend request please put in the message saying you're from cag. 

Everything in Destiny is coming up aces for me today.

- Did a 34 PoE first thing in the morning.
- Bought two engrams from Xur and got the Titan and Hunter gauntlets.
- Did a 32 PoE right after that.
- Got wrecked in ToO on my first attempt.
- Found an awesome group on Reddit and we went flawless, so I got my lighthouse vacation. Got the shitty auto rifle though and didn't get an emblem despite having an open slot.

The last game of our flawless run, I was completely useless and has something like a 0.14 k/d, but one dude on our team is a crazy sniper and just kept triple downing their whole team while I would act as bait for their snipers.

I bought the warlock gloves and two engrams and got the hunter and Titan ones as well...makes up for last week!

I still need 2 32 runs in Poe and would try ToO also...I got like 20 of those eye coins for buffs.

Any strats for this week ToO? I'm not feeling this map, Pantheon. I've died too many times to jumping of the edge while being chased with a felwinter's lie.
Snipe the hallway by the waterfall. Snipe the middle. Snipe the right side where heavy spawns. Basically just snipe if you see your opponents sniping. If you see them with shotguns, play the range game with Thorn/TLW.

Looking at reddit, it seems like a lot of people that went flawless last weekend are having a tougher time this weekend.

Just saw that the weekly update made mention to emblems not dropping. Hopefully they find some way to award it to people who missed it, I don't really feel like going flawless again. The weapons aren't anything I can see myself playing with and I don't care about collecting. The armor is awesome looking, so hopefully I can get enough wins each week to snag it all.

Hey guys. I've been unable to play this game much lately or commit to a time to do so. Been sick all week. But my Titan desperately needs that PoE chest armor. I don't even have a key right now. Just want that armor core.

Anyone willing to team up for Level 32 Prison of Elders around noon Pacific or shortly after? That'd be 3 P.M. Eastern.

Yeah I have my 33 titan and my 33 hunter to run on the 32 still. I think I have 2 keys but I might hang on to them for later. I've done about half this weeks bounties and a bunch of farming while doing bounties and have not had a key drop this week at all. 

Thanks Langdon. I'll be running with my 33 Titan. Gonna try to get some reading done now and then I'll get on Destiny at 2:30 Central. If you guys aren't on quite yet, I can try to find one of those pesky keys.

Finally got my first crack at Qodron, the rehashed boss.

Since we tackled it on the PS3 side, we had to do it legit due to the slow menu system (no gally-rush).

I ran shotty just for the bubble.  As a 34, it took 6-7 rounds from my 300 Found Verdict per bubble, no Jailbreaker buff.  With the buff it was just two rounds per bubble.  Biggest issue was running out of special ammo.  So I eventually switched to my Invective; ammo regen was a lifesaver.  Invective was only 345  but it could take out the bubbles in 4-6 rounds without the buff.

Hobgoblins were the biggest issue, so I did my best to save rockets for them instead of the boss and peppered the boss with primary as often as I got a chance.  My other teammates took on their on specific duties: one focusing on the eye and the other on the boss.

Everyone did a little of everything but what worked best for us was to have our own roles: Jailbreaker, mob control and boss.

Great to get it done, but can't justify running it again for those paltry rewards.  I'd rather spend the time tackling Skolas.

sorry matt & jem, got disconnected (weird wind. power flickered. enough to kick me) be back on in a while (after dinner). 

maybe some key runs?

I need some keys/bounties and also one more 32 PoE if I can find a team...

I kind of want to try and get the boots from ToO...if you start with one win, how hard would it be to get 4 more? I wish there was matchmaking haha...that would be an epic shitshow.

Does doing 28 PoE over and over with the small chests get you some keys faster than the wolfpack farming? I swear all the keys I had were from the first week before the dlc and before the reset this week and not one has dropped this week. Are keys still even dropping from the wolfpack chests?

I dont know what time I'll be on, but I expect it will be later...after 9 central

Went 9-1 again, actual wins no big boons. I keep doing this to myself. That and the one team that magically shows up to rain on our teams parade.

Finally got my first crack at Qodron, the rehashed boss.

Since we tackled it on the PS3 side, we had to do it legit due to the slow menu system (no gally-rush).

I ran shotty just for the bubble. As a 34, it took 6-7 rounds from my 300 Found Verdict per bubble, no Jailbreaker buff. With the buff it was just two rounds per bubble. Biggest issue was running out of special ammo. So I eventually switched to my Invective; ammo regen was a lifesaver. Invective was only 345 but it could take out the bubbles in 4-6 rounds without the buff.

Hobgoblins were the biggest issue, so I did my best to save rockets for them instead of the boss and peppered the boss with primary as often as I got a chance. My other teammates took on their on specific duties: one focusing on the eye and the other on the boss.

Everyone did a little of everything but what worked best for us was to have our own roles: Jailbreaker, mob control and boss.

Great to get it done, but can't justify running it again for those paltry rewards. I'd rather spend the time tackling Skolas.
I want to dislike this post so much. Not for the content, but only because it reminded me of last night.

fuck Qodron, right in the ear. Will probably be up for Skolas later tonight, if you need a 3rd.

Qodron is sooooo much easier than Skolas. I hate Skolas. Qodron is a chump.

Also, got the queen cypher tonight. Now I play the waiting game.

If Skolas changes back to solar burn this week I might give it a shot. I got a ton of etheric light sitting in my vault. By a ton, I mean like 4. I could get my titan and warlock to 34, but I think I want to save it for weapons and just keep collecting the trials/variks armor each week.

I spent my whole night trying to kill skolas, I think that he is doable with 3x full leveled patience and time because there was just one full level on our team and we we able to kill him but just not fast enough to dismantle the mines... And trying to run to dismantle the mines with all the mobs there is almost a death sentence.

We gave up at 2:00 am :(

If Skolas changes back to solar burn this week I might give it a shot. I got a ton of etheric light sitting in my vault. By a ton, I mean like 4. I could get my titan and warlock to 34, but I think I want to save it for weapons and just keep collecting the trials/variks armor each week.
Holding the Etheric Light for my weapons was my plan too. If I could get the boots from ToO (still can't find a group to get 5 wins!), I would be 34 with all 3 characters. If I can't get the boots from ToO, Variks is likely to sell boots or helmet next week that will get them to 34.

I finally got a Monte Carlo to drop by doing a VoG HM run last night. I'm not enthralled with it but at least I have one for the exotic collection. 

I really want to give the ToO a run since I like the Crucible, but it seems like everyone already has their set groups and regulars for that at this point. At least the Iron Banner starts next week and with the Etheric Light drops (at rank 3 and 5) I now have a little more incentive to get all three characters to rank 5. If I had to guess I doubt the Iron Banner will sell any 42 light armor next week, otherwise that kind of lessens the reward value of what you can get with ToO and PoE (minus specific perks). I could be wrong and kind of hope I am since that would make reaching 34 on all three characters that much easier.

Interesting to note, according to the data from Bungie there have been about 190,000 visits so far to The Lighthouse in the past two ToO events. I'm surprised it's that high. Also, according to Bungie more than a few players found a disconnect hack to generate some easy and free wins. Apparently those who did have/will be been banned (temp or permanent in some cases). 

Monte carlo + Hunter with throwing knife = fun as hell...

Got my last 32 run in so now everyone has the chest...Next week is either boots or helmet I guess. Slow crawl to 34 with no 4 hour sessions trying to beat a boss. Damn it feels good to be a gangster. Still zero keys dropping for me this week. I foolishly opened the chest twice and got the queens sniper both times.

Done until Tuesday I guess...oh wait I still have all the queen bounties on my warlock...

Did a 34 POE last night and got the Purifier Robe for the warlock out of the big chest! It sounds awesome, not only does it disorientates enemies but melee hits cool down my nades, and nade hits cool down my melee.

Did some trials today and ended up going 8-2, got the boots for my titan and the gold package was the titan helmet! But the stats suck, i have like 300+ strength and not much intellect or discipline. :( But im glad i got the helmet! All i need are the arms to complete the set. Still need to get the boots for warlock and hunter hopefully before reset.

Did a 34 POE last night and got the Purifier Robe for the warlock out of the big chest! It sounds awesome, not only does it disorientates enemies but melee hits cool down my nades, and nade hits cool down my melee.
Damn, lucky you. My main is a warlock and that's the only piece of gear I am trying to so hard to get. I love the way it looks, even though the stats on it aren't what I'd usually run with in pvp or pve.

With my Hunter, I too went 8-2 in Osiris (On the same team with 7.) and also got the helmet from the gold package and also got the boots at 5. Earlier in the day I got the boots with my Warlock and I'm 2-1 currently with the Titan and plan on (hopefully) getting the 5 wins and the boots for him as well.

Damn, lucky you. My main is a warlock and that's the only piece of gear I am trying to so hard to get. I love the way it looks, even though the stats on it aren't what I'd usually run with in pvp or pve.
I think i got a good roll on the stats, it has 80 discipline and 91 strength. Not sure what the max can be. It should be leveled up with a few more bounties. Want to get it done before i go back into ToO. Just not sure its worth using etheric light on a helmet for.

Edit: Nevermind, someone on reddit got this with 100 disc and 100 strength. O_O

Ended up playing some more ToO with Cartslave and got my hunter boots, and the 6 wins package, but thats when we got our final loss. Monday is all about getting my warlock boots!

I didnt play much saturday due to another headache. However, I joined the end of a Crota HM and got a nice weapon, Fang of Ir Yut. I am very glad to have a main hand weapon with arc burn damage now. After I finish leveling up the Vex, this will be on my list.

Hey, I know you guys are way ahead of me at this point but I'm playing this again after a long hiatus. I'm level 29 and don't really like PvP so I'm looking to do weekly/daily stuff and finally the raids if anyone still likes to do those things.

I would like to have more CAGs on my list who still play this game as everyone has mostly moved on to Wolves at this point. I do use a headset, although mainly for listening over talking myself in a quiet house. I'm usually on late.

Still shadow, please add me PSN : Tukai, I'll try to help you out. You should be able to get to lvl 32 easily with gear from the tower.

All I need right now are those Titan boots from Osiris. Got the Warlock ones (thanks Jimmy), and started going for the Hunter ones, but the stats and perks on those are pretty horrible. We'll see if I can get the  Titan ones tonight 

Still shadow, please add me PSN : Tukai, I'll try to help you out. You should be able to get to lvl 32 easily with gear from the tower.
Thanks, definitely will do. I figure if I get the etheric light and grind enough XP with the PvE stuff I can get up to that level and have fun with The Wolves stuff. That's pretty much what you have to be to do it, right? 32+?

Still would love to do VoG and Crota ever. I never seem to get in a group who sticks around to finish it but that was a long time ago. I sort of disappeared before the first expansion so I'm learning all the new tweaks.

Was able to go 9-1 on ToO using my lock, best I've done so far.  Got a plain-Jane Summoner and bought the boots, though I got better ones from Judgement's Chance.

If there's time, I'll try using my titan or if there are enough takers, try to take out Skolas.

bread's done
Back