Deus Ex HR CE Guide (Futurepress) 13.85 GBP at Zavvi or $35 at Amazon

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Get it for about $23 shipped at Zavvi

http://www.zavvi.com/books/deus-ex-human-revolution-collector-s-edition-guide/10506467.html

or $35 (MSRP) at Amazon if you'd rather not import or wait

http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Collectors/dp/3869930519/

Book Description

Publication Date: August 23, 2011
This beautifully bound Collector's hardcover guide has the iconic image of Adam Jensen on it's front cover reproduced with a special high quality gold foil treatment. An additional chapter not found in the standard guide offers an amazing collection of artwork revealing the origins of Deus Ex: Human Revolution's world and characters, as well as a hugely informative interview with key developers at Eidos Montreal who answer our many questions.

AUGMENT YOUR EXPERIENCE
Choice is everything in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Choosing your own approach is at the heart of the game, and the official guide reflects this in every way. Multiple route walkthroughs are provided for each and every section of the game, so wherever you are you ll be able to see all of the possible approaches and their rewards and consequences. See what the game truly has to offer and get the complete Deus Ex: Human Revolution experience.

Multi-route Walkthrough
The walkthrough features a unique multi-route structure. Whether you play stealthily, hack your way through, or simply shooting everyone down, there s a route to follow that suits your playstyle.

Augmentations Exposed
Understanding and combining the Augmentations is where the real fun lies in Deus Ex.

Product Details

• Hardcover: 368 pages
  • Publisher: Future Press (August 23, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 3869930519
  • ISBN-13: 978-3869930510

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']If you read through the last several pages or so, there is evidence that it's actually a slightly different book.

The US and UK books have different ISBN numbers, but the content inside should be the same. I have the UK version, so I know for a fact that the lettering on the spine goes from the bottom to the top (which is consistent with the Killzone 2 and Killzone 3 CE UK imports that I have). I think someone that bought the Amazon.com version reported that the US lettering on the spine goes from the top to the bottom (which is normal for the US).

Here's the report from Iontropic:

Now I need to decide if I want the Dark Souls CE guide to match my other FuturePress CE guides with the lettering going the "wrong" way, or if I should order a US version....[/QUOTE]

well... shitballs! Is there any difference other than upside down spine and a slight variance in the darkness of the cover? (which one is darker btw, US or UK version?)

Its too late, the order for amazon one was already done so i cant go back on that now, but im wondering if i got screwed and we got a gimped out guide. We've been getting weaker CE's than the UK games lately so i hope that doesn't spill over to the UK version =( Hopefully someone with the UK version can compare it when i get mine in. I'll try to take some pics or something

[quote name='Ionotropic']^Ha. We're all so OCD up in here. :D[/QUOTE]

heh.. ya, i feel right at home ;P

i also got my package from zavvi yesterday afternoon. just like the killzone book the edges are bent. BUT somehow i must have choosen gift wrap and they sent me this early birthday gift box with a ribbon lol. I must say, it did get packaged pretty nice. it was a smaller box wrapped inside a bigger box with air bags all around. its just too bad the edges are bent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, finally heard back from Zavvi today, they're looking into giving me a refund, so hopefully that happens soon. Definitely not planning on using them again in the future.

Ok, I'm in Virginia near DC.. and I still have not received my package from Zavvi. My order status says it was dispatched on 9/1 and so far... nothing. I'm getting a little concerned... anyone else still in the same boat?

[quote name='kramer0731']Ok, I'm in Virginia near DC.. and I still have not received my package from Zavvi. My order status says it was dispatched on 9/1 and so far... nothing. I'm getting a little concerned... anyone else still in the same boat?[/QUOTE]

I'm in NY, but mine was dispatched the same day as yours, and I received mine last Friday. Hope you get yours soon.

Just want to update that Zavvi refunded my money on Monday for my lost book, so no real harm done as I don't even need the book anymore after beating the game 4 times, lol. Still, I would not recommend Zavvi for future buyers.

[quote name='Kenshindono']what the.. anyone who ordered from Amazon get theirs yet? I just checked and mine STILL hasn't shipped. I ordered it back on the 15th too[/QUOTE]

I ordered my on the 19th when it was backordered and it shipped on 22nd.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Just want to update that Zavvi refunded my money on Monday for my lost book, so no real harm done as I don't even need the book anymore after beating the game 4 times, lol. Still, I would not recommend Zavvi for future buyers.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'd really like to have the book though since I collect CE guides. Now the cheapest I can find is Amazon's 35 bucks. :cry:

Mine arrived today, and it came in perfect condition. The box however, absorbed a ton of damage, and it came to me partially ripped open. It took a while for it to arrive though, dispatched Sept 9th, received Oct 1st. I'd still do business with them again.

bread's done
Back