Deus Ex HR CE Guide (Futurepress) 13.85 GBP at Zavvi or $35 at Amazon

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Get it for about $23 shipped at Zavvi

http://www.zavvi.com/books/deus-ex-human-revolution-collector-s-edition-guide/10506467.html

or $35 (MSRP) at Amazon if you'd rather not import or wait

http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Collectors/dp/3869930519/

Book Description

Publication Date: August 23, 2011
This beautifully bound Collector's hardcover guide has the iconic image of Adam Jensen on it's front cover reproduced with a special high quality gold foil treatment. An additional chapter not found in the standard guide offers an amazing collection of artwork revealing the origins of Deus Ex: Human Revolution's world and characters, as well as a hugely informative interview with key developers at Eidos Montreal who answer our many questions.

AUGMENT YOUR EXPERIENCE
Choice is everything in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Choosing your own approach is at the heart of the game, and the official guide reflects this in every way. Multiple route walkthroughs are provided for each and every section of the game, so wherever you are you ll be able to see all of the possible approaches and their rewards and consequences. See what the game truly has to offer and get the complete Deus Ex: Human Revolution experience.

Multi-route Walkthrough
The walkthrough features a unique multi-route structure. Whether you play stealthily, hack your way through, or simply shooting everyone down, there s a route to follow that suits your playstyle.

Augmentations Exposed
Understanding and combining the Augmentations is where the real fun lies in Deus Ex.

Product Details

• Hardcover: 368 pages
  • Publisher: Future Press (August 23, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 3869930519
  • ISBN-13: 978-3869930510

Just got my order in from BD. Live in Massachusetts and ordered on August 15th. Book seems to be of very high quality, but I'm like 3/4 of the way through the game already so I'm not sure if I should open it, or keep it sealed and see if it jumps in price down the road

[quote name='IanKazimer']Looks like they're still not hitting the east coast. This is getting a little silly.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, no FL love here today. This is pretty ridiculous

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brenex']Agreed, no FL here today. This is pretty ridiculous[/QUOTE]
Still waiting on mine from BD too here in VA.

[quote name='Vader582']Still waiting on mine from BD too here in VA.[/QUOTE]

Just got mine in MA today so I'd think you guys will be getting it soon enough

I'm also in VA and there's no love here. The BD rep says call her back if it doesn't arrive by Sep. 13. Yeah, you read that right. I'm never buying from them again

[quote name='Ccl']I'm also in VA and there's no love here. The BD rep says call her back if it doesn't arrive by Sep. 13. Yeah, you read that right. I'm never buying from them again[/QUOTE]

wow, I can't imagine you'll be waiting til the 13th though. I had a good first experience through BD. I already preordered the Dark Souls guide so I'm hoping they come through as expected again. Depending on hoe the Dark Souls digital guide is though I may never open it.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Just got mine in MA today so I'd think you guys will be getting it soon enough[/QUOTE]

Gdi, I'm in MA too and nothing. What day did it ship out?

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Gdi, I'm in MA too and nothing. What day did it ship out?[/QUOTE]

I think it shipped out on the 23rd or 24th, but not completely sure, definitely within a day or 2. Ordered it from Book Depository and paid paypal, and live like 15 min from Worcester if that matters. Cant decide whether Im actually going to open it or not, but I feel like the temptation may be too great. I am really loving the game again, I just dont know if I'll do a 2nd playthrough

Heads up guys, the THIRD batch of the Deus Ex Collector's Edition guide is finally up for sale at Amazon. If you want a US copy, it's probably best to order now before they're sold out again. I don't know if Amazon/Future Press was just underestimating demand for this guide, but somehow Amazon always gets really low stocks, even with each new shipment. I mean, Amazon used their whole 2nd shipment just to fulfill orders that were placed during the 1st shipment :roll:

I ordered one from Zavvi with free shipping for less than Amazon currently has it at.

Is there any difference between the UK and US versions that it would be worth paying the extra for the US version from amazon as apposed to the UK version besides the time it will take to get to me?

I highly doubt it, besides a few simple aesthetic differences such as ESRB vs the PAL rating system or whatever. I think if you're going for Amazon, it's really only for the speed and convenience of not having to wait for it to ship overseas. And sending the message to Amazon/Future Press that hey, we in the US like Future Press guides very much, start stocking them instead of giving us the shaft. I would think buying from Zavvi or BD counts as a UK sale instead of US sale. But in the end, if you just want to save money, probably the UK edition is the best bet.

So, I finally got my copy today, 14 days after it released (or one entire playthrough of the actual game and a delayed replay later). My earlier post was a very angry one (it was written well after I had beat the game already) and I don't know if the anger has subsided.

As a CAG, I should be extremely happy I saved around $12 on a very nice-looking guide. But realistically, the whole point of getting it was for the second playthrough and when I ordered it originally, I assumed it'd get here before I got there.

If I had to do it all over again, would I have ordered from BD? No. It's mainly from a lack of tracking information (Royal whatever & USPS) and the snarky customer service response. I've been spoiled by Amazon's extremely useful interface (copied by many other companies) and nice customer service. My first email from BD was an automated response and my second was a quickie that basically told me to wait up to three weeks before asking where my order is.

Same boat, man. I have literally nothing left to do with the game. I wanted it primarily as an artbook anyway, but it's still a bummer that I don't get to use it. I appreciate the free shipping and all, but I'll probably stay away from BD.

So my book shipped from zavvi on the 25th, yet I STILL haven't gotten it, should I be worried? Anyone else still waiting on their zavvi copy???

[quote name='Sharkey1337']So my book shipped from zavvi on the 25th, yet I STILL haven't gotten it, should I be worried? Anyone else still waiting on their zavvi copy???[/QUOTE]
I did not get the guide from Zavvi but I did order the Deus Ex CE from Zavvi. It was shipped on the 24th and it just arrived yesterday.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']So my book shipped from zavvi on the 25th, yet I STILL haven't gotten it, should I be worried? Anyone else still waiting on their zavvi copy???[/QUOTE]

Same boat buddy.

I ordered my book from BD and it says it was shipped on August 24th, I JUST got it today. Jesus christ!

Got mine from Zavvi yesterday. There are a few light scratches on the cover. :( Gonna stick with Amazon for Futurepress CE's from now on, assuming they continue to sell them, even though it costs more. Too much stress waiting for overseas shipments, getting damaged tiems, and I hate the upside-down writing on the spine of UK books.

These are rather normal shipping times from the UK to the US. Sometimes it's faster, sometimes it's slower. It doesn't matter where you order from (GAME, Amazon UK, Zavvi, HMV, BD, ...)

Yeah, I know. I'm mostly upset about the scratches on the cover. It's weird, because my KZ3 CE guide came from zavvi in perfect condition.

Mine came today too, ordered from BD and like Brenex mentioned mine started on its trip on Aug 24th, phew it sure was on a slow boat to get here.. I didn't really mind the time it took for the price I paid , now I can venture in to the game more indepth

It looks great (my first Future Press CE guide) Hard Cover guides are the best

Is the UK one from zavvi the same as the one on amazon? I had to order a couple games from zavvi, preferably tonight, and thought this may be worth snagging too if it is.

Skimming this thread im thinking it is and Amazon was just importing it? But id like to make sure before i pull the trigger

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ionotropic']...the upside-down writing on the spine of UK books.[/QUOTE]

Does this mean the one from Amazon would actually have the title the right way up on the spine? I was under the assumption they were both the exact same printing.

[quote name='kazunori']Does this mean the one from Amazon would actually have the title the right way up on the spine? I was under the assumption they were both the exact same printing.[/QUOTE]
Since I'm the idiot who bought both versions, I'll let you guys know that the printing on the Amazon book's spine is going in the proper American direction, and the printing on the Zavvi book's spine is going in the weird upside-down UK direction. They also have different ISBNs, and the blackness of the covers is different on each book. So yes, they are technically different books. I haven't unsealed either of them, so I can't comment on number of pages, font size, etc.

Hopefully this is a sign that Futurepress is planning on releasing all future CE guides in the US!

[quote name='Ionotropic']Since I'm the idiot who bought both versions, I'll let you guys know that the printing on the Amazon book's spine is going in the proper American direction, and the printing on the Zavvi book's spine is going in the weird upside-down UK direction. They also have different ISBNs, and the blackness of the covers is different on each book. So yes, they are technically different books. I haven't unsealed either of them, so I can't comment on number of pages, font size, etc.

Hopefully this is a sign that Futurepress is planning on releasing all future CE guides in the US![/QUOTE]

Ugh... I'd rather get the US version if that's the case. Dammit.

Just purchased Deus Ex on sale via Amazon over the weekend. Noticed the CE guide, but it was unavailable through Amazon. Have done Zavvi before, and yes it's slow, but they ship from overseas for god's sake and shipping is EXPENSIVE from there to here. So for a reasonable price, you gotta expect to wait. I'll get the game first, but this was a no-brainer. Thanks OP!!! :)

Received the guide today from Zavvi. Order on 8/26, but shipped on 9/2.

Back of the guide has a moderate scratch going down the midlle about 2" long. (Looks like a knife ran along it.)

Some of the pages look worn/wrinkly (not sure how to describe it). And there's a loose page in the back, an advertisement for the guide.

I just like to know if anyone got their guide from Zavvi. How is the condition?

Thanks.

OH GODDAMMIT, just got a package from the USPS with my EMPTY Zavvi package enclosed. Apparently the book got out of the package (which is torn up) and now I just have an empty envelope, UGHHHHHH!
rage-face.jpg

I got mine from Zavvi, the packaging they used was a thin envelope, some dents on the covers and corners. Won't be buying any CE guides from them again.

Amazon appears to be shipping this (with Prime available too). How much of it has additional art and interviews compared to the Regular Edition, by the way? I finished the game already, and am more interested in this just to browse through...

[quote name='Sharkey1337']OH GODDAMMIT, just got a package from the USPS with my EMPTY Zavvi package enclosed. Apparently the book got out of the package (which is torn up) and now I just have an empty envelope, UGHHHHHH!
[/QUOTE]
That's some bullshit right there. I was about to order from them given that they came through with my Arcana Heart 3 purchase, but now that Amazon has it I'll just order from them.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']OH GODDAMMIT, just got a package from the USPS with my EMPTY Zavvi package enclosed. Apparently the book got out of the package (which is torn up) and now I just have an empty envelope, UGHHHHHH!
[/QUOTE]

Ordered 2 books from zavvi that haven't been delivered yet, I really hope this doesn't happen to me.

Not sure who you should call about that, zavvi or USPS.

[quote name='Ultragamer']Ordered 2 books from zavvi that haven't been delivered yet, I really hope this doesn't happen to me.

Not sure who you should call about that, zavvi or USPS.[/QUOTE]

Same here, might be hard for USPS to help since there's no tracking number

[quote name='Final Starman']Same here, might be hard for USPS to help since there's no tracking number[/QUOTE]

When I received an empty box from The Hut, I notified them about it and they refunded my money within a day.

I was considering getting this from The hut or something, maybe even Zavvi, but i hate their shipping. Reading some of the comments here about empty and messed up packages for the guide it sounds like that may be a good thing i waited

The one up on amazon: thats the same CE as the UK version right?
http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Collectors/dp/3869930519/ref=pd_ys_ir_all_302

that one right there? Just wanted to make sure before i ordered it. With the exchane rate this is about $25 or so if i ordered from the hut or zavvi, but i figure the extra 9 bucks or so would assure me a decent copy

[quote name='Kenshindono']I was considering getting this from The hut or something, maybe even Zavvi, but i hate their shipping. Reading some of the comments here about empty and messed up packages for the guide it sounds like that may be a good thing i waited

The one up on amazon: thats the same CE as the UK version right?
http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Collectors/dp/3869930519/ref=pd_ys_ir_all_302

that one right there? Just wanted to make sure before i ordered it. With the exchane rate this is about $25 or so if i ordered from the hut or zavvi, but i figure the extra 9 bucks or so would assure me a decent copy[/QUOTE]

that's it.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']that's it.[/QUOTE]

cool, so thats the exact same thing as the UK version? Just found it strange Amazon had an import guide for sale. I wanted to be clear that it wasn't some other version, and was the exact same thing you would get from a UK site

guess i'll order tonight if thats the case

[quote name='Kenshindono']cool, so thats the exact same thing as the UK version? Just found it strange Amazon had an import guide for sale. I wanted to be clear that it wasn't some other version, and was the exact same thing you would get from a UK site

guess i'll order tonight if thats the case[/QUOTE]

If you read through the last several pages or so, there is evidence that it's actually a slightly different book.

The US and UK books have different ISBN numbers, but the content inside should be the same. I have the UK version, so I know for a fact that the lettering on the spine goes from the bottom to the top (which is consistent with the Killzone 2 and Killzone 3 CE UK imports that I have). I think someone that bought the Amazon.com version reported that the US lettering on the spine goes from the top to the bottom (which is normal for the US).

Here's the report from Iontropic:

[quote name='Ionotropic']Since I'm the idiot who bought both versions, I'll let you guys know that the printing on the Amazon book's spine is going in the proper American direction, and the printing on the Zavvi book's spine is going in the weird upside-down UK direction. They also have different ISBNs, and the blackness of the covers is different on each book. So yes, they are technically different books. I haven't unsealed either of them, so I can't comment on number of pages, font size, etc.

Hopefully this is a sign that Futurepress is planning on releasing all future CE guides in the US![/QUOTE]

Now I need to decide if I want the Dark Souls CE guide to match my other FuturePress CE guides with the lettering going the "wrong" way, or if I should order a US version....

bread's done
Back