Deus Ex HR CE Guide (Futurepress) 13.85 GBP at Zavvi or $35 at Amazon

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Get it for about $23 shipped at Zavvi

http://www.zavvi.com/books/deus-ex-human-revolution-collector-s-edition-guide/10506467.html

or $35 (MSRP) at Amazon if you'd rather not import or wait

http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Collectors/dp/3869930519/

Book Description

Publication Date: August 23, 2011
This beautifully bound Collector's hardcover guide has the iconic image of Adam Jensen on it's front cover reproduced with a special high quality gold foil treatment. An additional chapter not found in the standard guide offers an amazing collection of artwork revealing the origins of Deus Ex: Human Revolution's world and characters, as well as a hugely informative interview with key developers at Eidos Montreal who answer our many questions.

AUGMENT YOUR EXPERIENCE
Choice is everything in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Choosing your own approach is at the heart of the game, and the official guide reflects this in every way. Multiple route walkthroughs are provided for each and every section of the game, so wherever you are you ll be able to see all of the possible approaches and their rewards and consequences. See what the game truly has to offer and get the complete Deus Ex: Human Revolution experience.

Multi-route Walkthrough
The walkthrough features a unique multi-route structure. Whether you play stealthily, hack your way through, or simply shooting everyone down, there s a route to follow that suits your playstyle.

Augmentations Exposed
Understanding and combining the Augmentations is where the real fun lies in Deus Ex.

Product Details

• Hardcover: 368 pages
  • Publisher: Future Press (August 23, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 3869930519
  • ISBN-13: 978-3869930510

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Anyone know what the cheapest price is for the collectors editon? I dont know many UK retailers. I tried play.com and its £89.99 and amazon.uk is £99.99. Which is like 130+ :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv5QpzFf23g&feature=player_embedded[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was looking for a deal on a import of that as well.
Those are honestly the same things I was coming up with.
If anything we would have to just wait and see if it stays in stock and then drops in price later in the year.

For those buying for resell, not all Future Press collector's guides skyrocket in price. Here's the Portal 2 one: http://www.amazon.com/Portal-Collec...0381/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1313585968&sr=8-2. Maybe it'll go up over time, but the market is probably saturated with the paperback version.

I picked the hardcover one up at release because it has a lot of extra content (staff interviews, storyline recaps, concept art, speed run strategies, etc). I highly recommend Future Press guides. I consider them and Piggyback to be the best on the market.

I've used book depository several times and they are top-notch with customer service. I got the last copy of a District 9 art book a year ago or so, and they ended up giving it to me for free b/c it was damaged during shipping. Can't beat that IMHO.

$1.21 cheaper? I'll go see if I can find that on the floor when I go out tonight, not worth the hassle.

[quote name='Brenex']$1.21 cheaper? I'll go see if I can find that on the floor when I go out tonight, not worth the hassle.[/QUOTE]

While I agree with you, you're on the wrong site to be saying that. ;)

[quote name='boogie4114']Does anyone know where I can buy the steelbook for this game at the best price because the steelbook looks great?[/QUOTE]

Is that Europe exclusive as well? The Augmented Edition in US is just an oversized case ala Mass Effect 1, just not in a metal tin.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Is that Europe exclusive as well? The Augmented Edition in US is just an oversized case ala Mass Effect 1, just not in a metal tin.[/QUOTE]

The SteelBook add-on was only provided along with pre-orders. It was available exclusively through Micromania in France. The SteelBook Edition of Deus Ex Human Revolution comes as an add on to the other available editions of the game. The SteelBook case comes empty and unsealed.

[quote name='Ionotropic']The SteelBook add-on was only provided along with pre-orders. It was available exclusively through Micromania in France. The SteelBook Edition of Deus Ex Human Revolution comes as an add on to the other available editions of the game. The SteelBook case comes empty and unsealed.[/QUOTE]

I know that but maybe they are selling it alone on the market somewhere. I could care less if it comes empty I just want that steelbook!!

[quote name='Trastan']While I agree with you, you're on the wrong site to be saying that. ;)[/QUOTE]

I think im on the wrong site too, i mean i have a room full of money i just swim in in sometimes

[quote name='buckythekat']out of print on Amazon.com now :cold: and my order still hasn't gone to shipping soon :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
I highly recommend you order it from another website ASAP if you're really interested in having it.

From Future Press' Facebook

"More units are on their way to Amazon. The book should be available again in a few days."

So there's no rush to order from Zavvi/Book Depository, if you, like me, are waiting for the book to be released so hopefully Amazon can take 33% off the guide as they usually do for such things

[quote name='ithebigc']From Future Press' Facebook

"More units are on their way to Amazon. The book should be available again in a few days."

So there's no rush to order from Zavvi/Book Depository, if you, like me, are waiting for the book to be released so hopefully Amazon can take 33% off the guide as they usually do for such things[/QUOTE]

Already ordered from Zavvi, d'oh.

[quote name='oiskaio']Is it worth getting the paperback edition from Amazon? It's only $12.72 right now.[/QUOTE]

If it is made by Future Press, yes, definitely. Dont hesitate. Anything else is utter garbage.

[quote name='joe2187']If it is made by Future Press, yes, definitely. Dont hesitate. Anything else is utter garbage.[/QUOTE]

Not really looking to buy it for future resale so I'm not sure that the extra $14 or so is worth it just for the Hardcover. Decisions, decisions......

One of the worst days for my wallet was the day I stumbled upon this site. :lol:

FYI, don't know if it ultimately matters, but for the purists, the BookDepository has a different ISBN series than the US Amazon page

Amazon:

BN-10: 3869930519
ISBN-13: 978-3869930510

Book Depository:

ISBN 10: 3869930454
ISBN 13: 9783869930459

Also, Paperback on Amazon is by Future Press

So what's the deal with Zavvi orders? Are they backordered or something? I ordered from there and don't mind a bit of a wait but I do want to know if people are saying that Zavvi orders are in jeopardy.

Mine shipped yesterday, and I didn't get an email notifying me of shipment but whatever.

There seems to be two listings for the book on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Human...0519/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1314318670&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Human...0454/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1314318670&sr=8-4

The second one's ISBN matches the one on BookDepositry, but the odd thing is the page count for the two listings is completely different (368 vs. 432).

Even stranger is that on FuturePress' website it lists the page count as 368.

http://www.future-press.com/index.php?sect=books&book=114

So confused...

I got an email from Book Depository letting me know they received it in stock, but not that it had shipped. I assume they send shipping notices?

Really glad I passed on this. The game was over-hyped and other than being a great art book no doubt, I can't see myself playing this again to find everything.

Bummer you didn't like it. I'm obsessed with it right now. Been a while since I've enjoyed a game this much.

Almost picked up standard guide to keep me settled until this one shows up, but I think I can wait.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Bummer you didn't like it. I'm obsessed with it right now. Been a while since I've enjoyed a game this much.

Almost picked up standard guide to keep me settled until this one shows up, but I think I can wait.[/QUOTE]
I still like it, but it's nowhere near what I was expecting given the reviews. I just feel that other games in the stealth genre have done the gameplay better.

While it does have a slow start IMO, now that I can roam around the city I have invested over 15 hours in just 2 days. That new patch really speeds up my load times.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Bummer you didn't like it. I'm obsessed with it right now. Been a while since I've enjoyed a game this much.

Almost picked up standard guide to keep me settled until this one shows up, but I think I can wait.[/QUOTE]

I ended up picking up the standard and am kind of glad that I did. It is really helping out with a few things that I probably would not have found without the book.

Actually, when I tracked my order on TBD, it shows it shipped a few days back, so I guess they don't necessarily send shipping notices. Also, no tracking number for international it seems

[quote name='Final Starman']Wow...OOP already? I may have to jump on this.

Edit: Shows 29.65 on Book Depository, $26.68 after coupon. Am I missing an additional discount?[/QUOTE]

which coupon did you use? that's more than 5%

after the latest delay by Amazon I'm going to use it elsewhere

My guide was shipped on the 24th, just got here today. Faster than I expected, actually.

It arrived in the cardboard-style packaging (similar to how Amazon ships me CE guides). Haven't taken it out of the plastic seal yet, but everything looks good so far (meaning, no crushed corners, etc.).

Edit: I ordered from the Book Depository. They did email me a day or so before shipping it out, and included a link for checking the order status (processing->shipped; no actual tracking info though).

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back