Devil May Cry 4 - DEMO Jan 24th 2008 - What platform are you getting it on?

[quote name='Negative']I need more PS3 games, so I'm going w/ that.[/quote]
Yeah, I feel that way too.

[quote name='whoknows']This thread needs more pole[/quote] Just like your mouth? \\:D/:booty:

I shall add more Poll!

EDIT: Shit, can I add a poll?

[quote name='zewone']What are the advantages of the PC version over, let's say, a train, which I could also afford?[/quote]

a train makes the rocking "CHOOCHOO" noise.

[quote name='dastly75']What are the advantages of the PC version besides price(or piratability)? I think it's going to be a 360 rental for me.[/QUOTE]

--price ($39)
--better graphics with more anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering
--improvements with nvidia settings (or whatever the ati equivalent of that is)

it's not much, but that makes it a better version for cheaper. (though I stand to buy the game twice thanks to the PC delay.)

piratability? maybe if you're trash...

Most likely 360 unless it has some horrible flaw we don't learn about until it hits retail. I prefer the controller over my Triple controller. The sticks feel better and it has rumble already.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Numerous places have already confirmed it like 1up, IGN, and Famitsu. The PS3's install eliminates the short load times between areas. Much like Heavenly Sword and Uncharted, once you start playing there's zero loading.

Anyway, I'm getting it for the PS3. No load times, achievements, and I like the controller better.[/quote]
Except that Uncharted doesn't install anything and still has no load times, which is amazing.

I'm waiting for a demo before I decide if I even want the game.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Numerous places have already confirmed it like 1up, IGN, and Famitsu. The PS3's install eliminates the short load times between areas. Much like Heavenly Sword and Uncharted, once you start playing there's zero loading.

Anyway, I'm getting it for the PS3. No load times, achievements, and I like the controller better.[/quote]You're wrong. Heavenly Sword does have load times

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']It does? It loads in the beginning, but it never loads again. Unless they last like a nanosecond of something.[/quote]During the cutscenes. Skip them and you'll see

I'm definitely getting it for PS3.. the real question is should I try to get one of the signed special editions.

I was all set...I pre-ordered the CE for the 360. Then I got to thinking about what some of you posted. I'll still stick with my pre-order, but it really makes you think the gap between the 360 and PS3 is shrinking.

What are the PS3 acheivements and how do they work?

Depends, as I guess the 360 version is a port of the PS3 version I might wait and get it for the PS3. I'll make a decision when both versions are available, and if the game is good of course.

360 version. (there should be a poll : ( )

-achievements
-i play my 360 a lot more and prefer the controller
-rumble (tiny difference i know, but i'm not paying 50 more dollars for another controller with rumble when i got mine right out of the box.)

Depends on which one seems to be the most enjoyable to play.

At this point I'm leaning towards the PS3 because I /suspect/ that the game will make use of the hard drive to smooth out loading and frame rates.

The 360 version, as we all know, must cater to the lowest common denominator: consoles without hard-drives.

Okay, people really need to shut up on this whole achievements thing. THE PS3 VERSION HAS ACHIEVEMENTS. It's mentioned, several times in fact.

And why is it interesting to see so many people getting DMC4 FOR THE CONSOLE IT WAS ORIGINALLY INTENDED FOR!?

I don't mean to go off the handle, but honestly, you think the 360 is the original version for every game the way people talk.

[quote name='KingBroly']Okay, people really need to shut up on this whole achievements thing. THE PS3 VERSION HAS ACHIEVEMENTS. It's mentioned, several times in fact.

And why is it interesting to see so many people getting DMC4 FOR THE CONSOLE IT WAS ORIGINALLY INTENDED FOR!?

I don't mean to go off the handle, but honestly, you think the 360 is the original version for every game the way people talk.[/QUOTE]
Because the achievements on the PS3 mean NOTHING (more so then those on the 360 since they add to your total gamerscore of your gamertag).

And just because DMC4 ORIGINALLY STARTED ON THE PS3 DOESN'T MAKE IT THE BEST CONSOLE TO GET IF FOR. LOOK AT ASSASSIN'S CREED!

They mean nothing? How so. I thought the whole point of achievements was adding replay value to the game by giving you a goal to work towards. The PS3 has that. You can even compare achievements on the PSN.

The only thing that makes them not the same as the 360 ones are the fact that there's no gamerscore to add them to. Which doesn't really matter to me since the number is by far the least important part.

Will probably check it out on the 360, but don't know if I'll buy it. I bought the first and didn't care for it, never played the 2nd or 3rd one. But I did enjoy God of War, which is at least somewhat similar, when I played it last year, so I'll probably give this a go.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']They mean nothing? How so. I thought the whole point of achievements was adding replay value to the game by giving you a goal to work towards. The PS3 has that. You can even compare achievements on the PSN.

The only thing that makes them not the same as the 360 ones are the fact that there's no gamerscore to add them to. Which doesn't really matter to me since the number is by far the least important part.[/QUOTE]
You can make goals for yourself without cheesemints.

It's all about them points, son!

[quote name='zewone']You can make goals for yourself without cheesemints.

It's all about them points, son![/QUOTE]
I have no imagination T.T

360. I don't have a PS3--and besides, I'm sure it'll look and run great on the 360, I highly prefer the 360 controller, and the 360's achievement scheme is far superior to that of the PS3.

[quote name='Pylis']360. I don't have a PS3--and besides, I'm sure it'll look and run great on the 360, I highly prefer the 360 controller, and the 360's achievement scheme is far superior to that of the PS3.[/quote]

I'm oppisite of you. I perfer the ps3 controller for any game like that or fighter's. As far as a fps goes the 360 controller is great for those. I'm going to wait, and read the review's. If ps3 don't have any issues like slowing down or whatever I'm getting it,but if it does I'm getting the 360 one.

Well the NES version is going to have Achievements, Co-op, able to play through the game with Trish or Lady as secret characters, rumble, multiple costumes, 80 FPS, no loading, multiple endings, online.... Yeah thats the version for me.

I'm torn on this as well. I really like the 360 controller and the gamer points can get addicting. You just don't want to quit until you get them all. I think the PS3 will put out slightly better graphics and faster frame rates, I need to decide quickly because I need to preorder the CE. I'm a sucker for those CE's. Right now I'm leaning towards PS3 since I think the controller would be better for this type of game.

I'm getting it on PC.

I would get the Special Edition for 360, because I love steelbooks, but the cover art is awful, and that's enough to keep me from wanting to drop the bills on it.

Leaning toward the PS3 version.... Here are my reasons:

1. The DMC series are Playstation to start with, so it's only natural to be played on the Playstation controller. X360 is fine, but i don't like the trigger buttons as some punching/kicking button (don't feel right).

2. As to rumble, i'll be getting the new PS3 controller anyway... Yes, it's $50 more, but so what, it's for all of the other PS3 games.

3. Loading times... yes, the PS3 will take up some HDD space, but no biggies, upgrading to a bigger HDD on the PS3 is cheaper than X360.

4. My X360 replacement is running smoothly for now, but i'm not gonna risk another can't-play-shit-for-a-month moment.

Your opinion is your opinion and I dont give a hoot one way or another on what system you get it on but I dont understand your reasons:

1. The DMC series are Playstation to start with, so it's only natural to be played on the Playstation controller. X360 is fine, but i don't like the trigger buttons as some punching/kicking button (don't feel right).

Wouldnt this then correlate to the dualshock trigger (L2/R2) buttons?

2. As to rumble, i'll be getting the new PS3 controller anyway... Yes, it's $50 more, but so what, it's for all of the other PS3 games.

Or you could get it for free with a 360 controller.

3. Loading times... yes, the PS3 will take up some HDD space, but no biggies, upgrading to a bigger HDD on the PS3 is cheaper than X360.

You only have the arcade version of the 360? Even still .. doesnt it have enough room for game saves or am I missing something?

4. My X360 replacement is running smoothly for now, but i'm not gonna rish another can't-play-shit-for-a-month moment.

Huh?

PS3.

-No Rumble(I acutually prefer not to have rumble in games like these and cant stand when I cant turn it off)
-No Load Times
-No fear of RRoD after going through 5 consoles last year, Im buying every multiplat game ps3 from now on, so microsoft dont get my monies until they fix their hardware problems.
-Quieter Console.

[quote name='InuFaye']PS3.

-No Rumble(I acutually prefer not to have rumble in games like these and cant stand when I cant turn it off)
-No Load Times
-No fear of RRoD.
-Quieter Console.[/quote]Not PC?

I know it will look better, but im trying to get most multiplatform games for ps3.
I would get the pc version, but I cant play with the keyboard and mouse for that game.

+ I have a friend that wants to borrow it once I finish it. He has no PC.

The best platform.
bestversionug8.jpg

[quote name='crystalklear64']The best platform.
bestversionug8.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Too bad you need a $5000 PC to run it. Not to mention hassles like huge, impossible-to-figure-out paradoxes like driver updates.

bread's done
Back