Devil May Cry 4 (DMC4) Game discussion / Game in stores now / CE pics in OP

[quote name='CAG 79']Most EB/GS should have it after 5 or 6PM.[/QUOTE]
Just called my EB, they said they won't have it until tomorrow. Terrible for me.

I got it without a reservation. CE too. Good game and the install didn't take too long. It was about 20 minutes. No big. I only played the first mission. It was fun. I am going to go play some VP:party Animals then this game. Yay.

I won't get a chance to play this till the weekend. I picked up the strategy guide at CC today, $10 not a bad deal. I hope my EB has the art books that they're supposed to give out to pre-orders.

When I played the game, it said my friend TwoTonTunic unlocked an accomplishment on the main menu. Kind of cool IMO. Also, I can look at my friends who got the game and see what accomplishments.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']When I played the game, it said my friend TwoTonTunic unlocked an accomplishment on the main menu. Kind of cool IMO. Also, I can look at my friends who got the game and see what accomplishments.[/quote]Finally.

Good news for all those who have wanted this feature.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']When I played the game, it said my friend TwoTonTunic unlocked an accomplishment on the main menu. Kind of cool IMO. Also, I can look at my friends who got the game and see what accomplishments.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever poked around the dashboard of your Xbox 360 ?

That aside this is not a 'next gen' game , it feels like a hi-res DMC .

DMC HD , yeah that's it .

I guess if you love Japanese games this is , cool ?

Don't read too much into this if you're offended that was not my intent .

So what exactly would make it "next-gen", then? I've always wondered this from people who complain about games not being "next-gen" enough. The game looks beautiful graphically, and is running on a solid 60 fps...in the PS3 ver at least. The cut scenes look amazing to me.

[quote name='Richlough']Have you ever poked around the dashboard of your Xbox 360 ?

That aside this is not a 'next gen' game , it feels like a hi-res DMC .

DMC HD , yeah that's it .

I guess if you love Japanese games this is , cool ?

Don't read too much into this if you're offended that was not my intent .[/quote]He knows what the 360 can do.

I agree it's just DMC HD though. There's not a single thing new gameplay wise but a trick or two.
Don't understand the Japanese comment though.

I'll get it when it's cheap. It's fun action to mess about with.

It feels like a 30% better DMC 3. it's not wowing me. At least Assassin's creed felt like the future, too bad the ending sucked.

This game looks good, but I would have enjoyed it more if it was given the Heavenly sword treatment. give me 20 or 30 enemies on screen and lets put together some real combos. The game is HD.. but it doesn't feel next gen to me. At least they implemented the accomplishments... thats definitely a plus.

Got the gf picking up two copies of the limited edition at CC for the free giftcards :)

I have 30 in giftcards at cc.. woot. Half off .. stuff.

[quote name='Thomas96']This game looks good, but I would have enjoyed it more if it was given the Heavenly sword treatment. give me 20 or 30 enemies on screen and lets put together some real combos. The game is HD.. but it doesn't feel next gen to me. At least they implemented the accomplishments... thats definitely a plus.[/quote]

Heavenly Sword treatment? You mean 6 hours of gameplay and nothing but combos to look forward to afterwards? *shudder*

I'm a dmc fan, but this does feel like a bit of a letdown when compared to 3. Maybe I just don't like Nero.

[quote name='shinzero01']Heavenly Sword treatment? You mean 6 hours of gameplay and nothing but combos to look forward to afterwards? *shudder*

I'm a dmc fan, but this does feel like a bit of a letdown when compared to 3. Maybe I just don't like Nero.[/QUOTE]

dmc4 has 6 hours of gameplay and 4 hours of back tracking and silly puzzles. when I say hevenly sword treatment, I was refering to the great cut scenes, next gen graphics, and enemies that don't look like origami figures.

I'm willing to bet it does.

Notice the save is locked to prevent people downloading each other's game saves and getting all the accomplisments.

I'm through the 3rd Mission on Devil Hunter...and kicking this game's butt. My level 3 high score didn't save though because my internet went out >_<

Oh well, not that high of a score anyway, and I don't know if it actually plays any point (I don't know how to look at Leaderboards for 360/PS3 games anyway). 3 Accomplishments, including the SS combo one. No SSS combo though.

Really enjoying the game so far. Only on mission 13 though so hoping it get even better as it gets close to the end. Plenty of wow moments like
when Nero gets the yamato.

I need more friends too so if anyone wants to add me go ahead. :roll:

Wow.

CC AND BB got maybe 3 CE , I was there when they got the shipment.

Anyone who hasnt gone out yet and wants a CE, good frigging luck, here in ohio they are g-o-n-e, at least for ps3.. which was odd.. they still had a few 360 ce left.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Wow.

CC AND BB got maybe 3 CE , I was there when they got the shipment.

Anyone who hasnt gone out yet and wants a CE, good frigging luck, here in ohio they are g-o-n-e, at least for ps3.. which was odd.. they still had a few 360 ce left.[/QUOTE]Actually, it seems to be hard to find DMC4 for PS3 in general, because retailers are selling out.

I am taking it slow. I am now on Mission 6. It is a fun game. I really want to farm some souls to level up my character. I am doing pretty good with the revving. I am not super consistant, but I am hitting it fairly well.

I'm done with Mission 7. I would've gotten an S rating on Mission 6 if it weren't for me not realizing where to go. Cost me about 20 minutes >_<

I really like this game. I'm probably going to go back and get some of the completionist achievements (Not S rating ones) because it seems fun.

For those of you who have the game, what price would you suggest I get this at? Like, what's it really worth? Is it worth full, or should I wait? I'm not really interesting in playing full retail. :lol:

[quote name='Moxio']For those of you who have the game, what price would you suggest I get this at? Like, what's it really worth? Is it worth full, or should I wait? I'm not really interesting in playing full retail. :lol:[/quote]

The CE is well worth the money.. very few CE have been.. Ninja Gaiden Sigma.. and this.. well worth it.

Get it for either 49.99 or 69.99 at CC, depending on what you get.

But definitely buy.

[quote name='Kendal']I am taking it slow. I am now on Mission 6. It is a fun game. I really want to farm some souls to level up my character. I am doing pretty good with the revving. I am not super consistant, but I am hitting it fairly well.[/QUOTE]

Seems you can only do that by replaying the same mission on a different difficulty-- I believe. I could be wrong about that, since the only mission I've replayed thus far was 4 after getting a D ranking and having my ass handed to me by the boss.

Winded up doing much better and got the difference in proud souls- Red Orbs seem a bit worthless though now, using an item at any time during a mission lowers your ranking, and the only things that you can buy with ROs that are not used during combat are blue and purple (or whatever the equiv for the DT bar winds up being) orbs.

Great game, feels more like DMC1 than 3 though-- hopefully Dante's section will mix it up so it gets to be a little faster.

I Got this game an hour and a half ago and I gotta say it is one of the better DMC games. The only thing I really miss so far is playing as Dante. It is taking me some time to get used to Nero.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Actually, it seems to be hard to find DMC4 for PS3 in general, because retailers are selling out.[/QUOTE]
Kinda interesting, because when I asked for it at Circuit City the person said "PS3 version, right?" and all I asked was if they had DMC4

[quote name='jling84']Just wondering if anyone buying the CE has gotten one of the 100 autographed copies yet.[/quote]
I know someone who did. He wouldn't sell it to me :lol:

[quote name='jman619']How long is the game? 5-6 hours like the rest or longer?[/quote]

I'm like 9 hours into it, and I'm only on Mission 13.

[quote name='mykevermin']Accomplishments/Cheesemints are irrelevant on the PS3 front unless they're done for every game, which is pretty unlikely at this point. That includes games released, as well as forward looking.

Also, are there "points" for each achievement in DMC4? Where are they displayed? Can people on your friends list look this up to see what you have done?

Unless they implement this, at the least, as fully as XBL has, it will be another laughed-at feature, like sixaxis motion control. Which is a shame, since while I personally don't care for achievements, it is a helluva marketing tool/incentive to buy games.[/QUOTE]

Well you have to start somewhere, before all games have accomplisments, So far only Darkness and DMC4 has it... which makes me think we're still in accomplishment beta testing.

I'm really considering getting a PS3, I've already had my 360 freeze two times while playing. At this point my 360 is just one DRE away from being embedded in the sheet rock.

Just got the character switch--- They nerfed Trickster badly, kinda pissed about that. As for length I'd say I've put a good 6 hours into it and I just got the Half-way there Achievement, or Accomplishment.

It'sMagneto;3920112 said:
I'm really considering getting a PS3, I've already had my 360 freeze two times while playing. At this point my 360 is just one DRE away from being embedded in the sheet rock.

So how many times have you returned your 360? I'm still on my 3rd one, and it's almost a year since it last broke.

Is this game one of those that's only in 720P, so if your TV is only 1080i it will kick the image back down to 480P?

I wish Walmart would hurry up and get the game already, I have 50 dollars in store credit, but my local Walmart does not have the game in yet =(

Beat the game yesterday(been sick in bed with nothing to do) and I got to say it was pretty good. I wish they explained nero's arm though. my only complaint about the game is
Fighting the same three bosses three time's Couldn't they have idk added a few more, They had the time.

[quote name='jling84']Just wondering if anyone buying the CE has gotten one of the 100 autographed copies yet.[/quote]whats this? i'm new to ps3 and dmc

i looked there first, this was to order a case for the dvd that comes in the se, maybe from adv ? i looked at the site but could not find it there

[quote name='orion1998_1']i looked there first, this was to order a case for the dvd that comes in the se, maybe from adv ? i looked at the site but could not find it there[/quote]

I've been looking all over advfilms.com and Devil May Cry is not even on their site. It did not show up in a search or under the D's. I emailed them asking what I need to do to get the Vol. 1 case. Hopefully they email me back soon. If anyone finds out how to get this on the site let me know.

I have suspened all non-Xbox360 playing until further notice. I am trying to win a $20 BB GC for a gamerscore challenge. Everyone stop playing so I don't fall too far behind. Thank you. ;)

I can't wait to stop this silly challenge and be able to play DMC 4. I racked up a quick 2000 with some easy games.

I found out you can farm levels for more proud souls and red orbs.

bread's done
Back