Devil May Cry 4 (DMC4) Game discussion / Game in stores now / CE pics in OP

[quote name='Kendal']I have suspened all non-Xbox360 playing until further notice. I am trying to win a $20 BB GC for a gamerscore challenge. Everyone stop playing so I don't fall too far behind. Thank you. ;)

I can't wait to stop this silly challenge and be able to play DMC 4. I racked up a quick 2000 with some easy games.

I found out you can farm levels for more proud souls and red orbs.[/QUOTE]

What, you found that out just now? I found that out after first mission. There's ALOT of replay value in this game.

let me know if you get anywhere. I would also like the vol.1 case

FYI: ADV films removed a bunch of titles from there website...DMC was included...let's see if ADV even has cases made

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-01-30/adv-films-removes-titles-from-website-update

afterwards capcom went on record that this would not effect the SE and that the extras would still be included...but that they can't comment on the series future release

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-01-31/capcom-devil-may-cry-4-box-will-still-have-anime-dvd
http://kotaku.com/350703/rumor-devil-may-cry-anime-us-release-possibly-canceled

Played the PS3 Demo and I love it, gonna rent it as soon as I finish up another gamefly game, but I'm wondering whether to get the PS3 version or the Xbox360 version... It seems most people with both are getting the PS3 version, is there a reason?

[quote name='ep2011']Played the PS3 Demo and I love it, gonna rent it as soon as I finish up another gamefly game, but I'm wondering whether to get the PS3 version or the Xbox360 version... It seems most people with both are getting the PS3 version, is there a reason?[/QUOTE]

Slightly better graphics, slightly reduced load times, and (in my case) uncompressed audio.

[quote name='ep2011']Played the PS3 Demo and I love it, gonna rent it as soon as I finish up another gamefly game, but I'm wondering whether to get the PS3 version or the Xbox360 version... It seems most people with both are getting the PS3 version, is there a reason?[/QUOTE]

some people are more used to PS3 control, and some people own the previous games like to keep them on the sony system

[quote name='Chacrana']Slightly better graphics, slightly reduced load times, and (in my case) uncompressed audio.[/quote]

[quote name='62t']some people are more used to PS3 control, and some people own the previous games like to keep them on the sony system[/quote]

Thanks to both of you, so basically whichever is more available I should get? The xbox is on a 23" in my room and the PS3 is on a 30something" in the living room, both HD... The only thing that affects me out of those lists are the reduced load times and better graphics...

How many pages are there in the art book?

It seems like the art book is no longer available with the game online, is it worth hunting down for in the store?

The CE includes game soundtrack on the DVD? Is it some kind of MTV or downloadable tracks from the DVD?

[quote name='ep2011']Thanks to both of you, so basically whichever is more available I should get? The xbox is on a 23" in my room and the PS3 is on a 30something" in the living room, both HD... The only thing that affects me out of those lists are the reduced load times and better graphics...[/QUOTE]

I'd go with the PS3 version, just in case you ever decide to upgrade your setup.

[quote name='Chacrana']I'd go with the PS3 version, just in case you ever decide to upgrade your setup.[/quote]

Okay thanks for your help :) I'll add it to my gamefly Q :)

[quote name='seanr1221']I'd like to get the PS3 version, but don't want to spend more than 40.00 for it.[/quote]

I agree with you most I would drop is 45 and that is at most. It will be a while before I can get for 40 though. I got unreal 3 for 40 when it came out :lol:

[quote name='jman619']It will be a while before I can get for 40 though. [/QUOTE]

That's what worries me. Then again, next month I won't have much time for it anyway since Smash Bros will be out.

[quote name='seanr1221']That's what worries me. Then again, next month I won't have much time for it anyway since Smash Bros will be out.[/quote]

Yeah I want smash as well. I hear you on that.

I'm a cheap bastard and didn't want to pay full price even though i'm using $.50 or less on the dollar credit. Broke down and rented this friday from Blockbuster and played some saturday and sunday i'm up to level 12 and loving the game. $4 rental to beat the game sounds good then eventually i'll buy it to complete my DMC set. :D

Farm Proud Souls:
[spoilers]Mission 2 (Beating it gets upwards of 1500) or Mission 20 (Resetting after taking him down a lot of damage nets near 1000 in about 90-115 seconds if you're good).[/spoilers]

Farm Red Orbs:
[spoilers]Mission 7 (Go to the Red Orb Crystal, turn on DT and whale on it for 30 seconds to get 3000-4000 red orbs. Save, retry mission, and you're good to go).[/spoilers]

I beat it on Devil Hunter, and I'm going to go through it on Human just so I can beat the Secret Missions easier. Since everything carries over, it means a much easier time for me to beat the higher difficulty levels, and maybe, JUST MAYBE the Bloody Palace.

[quote name='Hockey37']Question:

Having never played 1-3, should I go for the 1-3 3-pack or just go ahead and buy 4? I loved the demo for 4.[/QUOTE]

Nah go ahead and get 4 since you already played the demo. Anyway, man that DMC anime was so lame, they made Dante look like even more of a pussy.

Man, the 20 minute install that the beginning sucked.... I made a tuna fish sandwich with mayo, onions, celery,---- ate the sandwich and chips, and washed the dishes while it installed.....

The game has the best cutscenes I've ever seen........

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Man, the 20 minute install that the beginning sucked.... I made a tuna fish sandwich with mayo, onions, celery,---- ate the sandwich and chips, and washed the dishes while it installed.....

The game has the best cutscenes I've ever seen........[/quote]

Did you learn Farsi(sp?)? You know, chicks dig Farsi!

Could someone who owns the CE version comment on how the soundtracks on the bonus DVD are like - whether they're MTV type videos or downloadable files? Thanks!

Hmm, passed the game in a week, not much motivation to try a harder difficulty, methinks this one goes on ebay.

The game was at least longer than heavenly sword was, though not by much.

[quote name='eau']Could someone who owns the CE version comment on how the soundtracks on the bonus DVD are like - whether they're MTV type videos or downloadable files? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Kinda disappointing, actually. There's like 5 or 6 256kbps MP3s. I was happy that they had the song from the introduction movie on there, but apart from that, there's like 2 combat songs, a boss battle song... and something else. Would've liked to see the music from various stages on there.

[quote name='InuFaye']This game is twice as long as HS.

Comparing HS to DMC is heresy.

One is fuck all awesome, and one is.......not.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware games were a frickin religion. They are identical genre's and are both single player so I will compare them all I want.

[quote name='mykevermin']How can I view the Cheesemints people have accomplished on the PS3 version via my friends list?[/QUOTE]Within the game. It lists your friends and you can check to see what they earned.

I was going to rent this at movie gallery,but they did't get it in because there going out of business which really blows. That means there is only one rental store left, and it sort of sucks...

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Within the game. It lists your friends and you can check to see what they earned.[/QUOTE]

I'll check it out if I can beat 3 anytime soon. Thanks.

[quote name='Zoglog']Hmm, passed the game in a week, not much motivation to try a harder difficulty, methinks this one goes on ebay.

The game was at least longer than heavenly sword was, though not by much.[/QUOTE]
You kidding me? Maybe I'm just taking my damn time leveling up Nero and Dante, but I have 15 hours clocked in and I'm on mission 19. I beat HS in about 7-8 hours.

Finished it today. I was trying to beat it before I took it back where I rented it. I ended up putting off everything else which isn't good now I have a major headache. Only good thing I can say is I beat dmc4 in 3 days.

Finally got around to finishing it. AWESOME game love the huge boss battles. Right up there with Uncharted as my favorite PS3 game so far.

Edit: ^ like the above guy I beat it in a rental as well. Will pick it up eventually but not at full price.I got it from Blockbuster though so I had almost 2 weeks.:D

I just finished up some Proud Soul Farming for the night and I decided to beat the final mission again as somehow, someway I got an S ranking on the Final Mission :) (S, S, and A respectively). Now all I have to do is get an S on the other missions (I have 3 S totals) on Devil Hunter for an accomplishment. Probably not going to do that though.

is the collector's version that rare? or will it be like the final fantasy XII version which isn't worth anything? so far amazon still has it.

Will a Blu-Ray case not allow for a hinged tray for a second disk? Just wondering as the 360 version has that so the only disc in a cardboard sleeve is the anime.

Got the collectors edition PS3 used at gamestop, came with everything...and managed to get it for 45ish with the 10% off coupon and the edge card :) great game so far!!! Hope RE5 can live up to this.

I've been thinking about picking this up from gamefly for a while now. Is the game worth $20 and will the story make sense having never played the previous three?

[quote name='Darklighter']I've been thinking about picking this up from gamefly for a while now. Is the game worth $20 and will the story make sense having never played the previous three?[/quote]

Most definately worth $20. There's also a history of Devil May Cry that plays while you install on the HDD. You can also access this in the menus.

I got this at launch and only got to about level 11 i think before i got tired of it. I finally went back and beat it in one sitting from where my last save was and am glad i did. First off, i played it on easy, and it REALLY helped to enjoy the game. i despise games that punish you too much, and DMC4 was just awesome difficulty. Its also the first DMC game ive ever finished, and i owned all 4. Graphics were just excellent, and Dante is really a lot more fun then Nero overall. Anyhow, glad i got through it and suggest it for a good run through to anyone looking for some good fun.

bread's done
Back