Devil May Cry 4 - Gen. Discussion & Info

Anyone know if circuit city is getting the collectors edition?

I know best buy is for sure.

But at CC you get a 10 dollar giftcard for reserving it.. but it doesnt say regular or collectors.. and I have a gamercard there for another 10 percent off..

I've never played a devil may cry game before. I hear they are like Otogi, and I loved both Otogi games.

What type of game is like DMC?

[quote name='whoknows']PS3 will have it's own version of achievements. You'll be able to see the ones people on your friends list got too..[/QUOTE]
what makes you think that the ps3 "achievements" will consist of previously released /played games? Once they release their version of achievements, i doubt it would automatically update with things you have previously done.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']PS3 version will have no load times. That's the only real difference.[/QUOTE]

You have a link for that? It doesn't matter to me, since I only have one of the consoles anyway, but I'd like to see a more detailed look at the game.

Oh, and the first reviews are hitting. 80/100 from PSM.

http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=179660

"If you go into DMC4 with expectations about fairness, checkpoints, structure and rewards that you've got from God Of War, you're going to end up all hurt and confused."

That's because, as PSM3 explains, the game is kick-in-the-balls tough, as series fans will have no-doubt expected.

"Most games these days tend to hold your hand all the way through," says PSM3, adding "Devil May Cry is not like that. It'll throw a million demons at you because it wants to, put in half a dozen arbitrary fights in a 30-foot stretch of map, force you to survive for ages on a tiny sliver of health... and then give you a D at the end of the level because you weren't doing enough combos."

Sounds good to me!

They do go on to say it's easier than 3, however.

[quote name='trq']You have a link for that? It doesn't matter to me, since I only have one of the consoles anyway, but I'd like to see a more detailed look at the game.

Oh, and the first reviews are hitting. 80/100 from PSM.

http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=179660

Sounds good to me!

They do go on to say it's easier than 3, however.[/quote]
Thank god, 3 was ridiculous. Even the special edition that came out witht he toned down difficulty.

Just preorderd the CE at EB (had to use my Christmas bonus on something...). Got to witness a 360 RRoD itself while I waited in line. :>

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Thank god, 3 was ridiculous. Even the special edition that came out witht he toned down difficulty.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually disappointed by that. I'm not saying it wasn't hard -- it was -- but it was also fair, which made all the difference. I'm hoping for more of the DMC3 style bosses, where you're lucky to even damage them until you bring your A game and learn their patterns, but once you do, you can take them out without a scratch. Mmm ... oldskool ...

[quote name='trq']I'm actually disappointed by that. I'm not saying it wasn't hard -- it was -- but it was also fair, which made all the difference. I'm hoping for more of the DMC3 style bosses, where you're lucky to even damage them until you bring your A game and learn their patterns, but once you do, you can take them out without a scratch. Mmm ... oldskool ...[/QUOTE]
I'm disappointed as well.

As long as the higher difficulties make up for it I'm ok with it I suppose.

popped in DMC3 for the first time last night, holy crap I can't believe i was playing DMC2,wtf is wrong with me. makes me want this game so much more.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Just a reminder...demo scheduled to drop tomorrow on XBLM.[/quote]

Awesome, I thought it was going to be on the 31st.

I'll download it on both 360 and PS3 to compare software vs. hardware scaling.

I can't imagine how anyone can play a DMC game using the 360 controller though.

[quote name='AshesofWake']popped in DMC3 for the first time last night, holy crap I can't believe i was playing DMC2,wtf is wrong with me. makes me want this game so much more.[/QUOTE]
WTF is wrong with you indeed. DMC3 is the best action game to date (IMO) while DMC2 is pretty mediocre.

For whatever it's worth, Sears.com has DMC4 listed as in-stock and ready for shipping. It might be possible to get the game a little early that way, but I don't have much faith in Sears.

Might be worth a shot for someone.

Xbox 360 Normal Edition

(Both normal and collector's editions of the game, for Xbox 360 and PS3, are allegedly available.)

[quote name='xeex']For whatever it's worth, Sears.com has DMC4 listed as in-stock and ready for shipping. It might be possible to get the game a little early that way, but I don't have much faith in Sears.

Might be worth a shot for someone.

Xbox 360 Normal Edition

(Both normal and collector's editions of the game, for Xbox 360 and PS3, are allegedly available.)[/QUOTE]

Im gunna swing by sears on my way home and see if i can get a copy, i might check TRU as well, they are really dumb about release dates.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Anyone know what the art book looks like that EB/GS is offering with preorder? I'm a sucker for art books.[/quote]

I'm guessing it would be the same as the Asssassins Creed mini artbook if you've seen that.

[quote name='Moxio']Demo is here already? Nice.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Demo is up as of 4 Am EST. Getting a quick DL on it too, which is a miracle--- Got the ps3 on the ready as well-- but as of yet no release on PSN in either territory.

Good stuff- was finally getting the exceed frames down so I could bust some crazy High Rollers on the dock. Gunplay for Nero at least seems pretty toned down-- but with the Basketball dunks from the Bringer I guess its just used as a guard break/juggler. Fun fun stuff :)

Looked and ran just wonderfully, except for the Berial fight that seemed a little framey. Lock on with rb seemed a little uncomfortable, but I'm sure you'll be able to customize the controls.

Good stuff, grab it while you can :)

Fire Dragon fight is EPIC!

I quickly adjusted to the lock-on. I hope there's more than the combos Nero has with the bringer move. I couldn't count how many times i'd grab the guy, slam them down, swing up to knock them in the air again, bring them down to me, then slam them down.. it was awesome. Loved it.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Exactly. Demo is up as of 4 Am EST. Getting a quick DL on it too, which is a miracle[/QUOTE]
Download is crawling for me. I started it an hour and 15 minutes ago and it's just at 25%. At this rate, I won't get a chance to try it out this morning. :cry:

[quote name='Scorch']
I quickly adjusted to the lock-on. I hope there's more than the combos Nero has with the bringer move. [/QUOTE]

DMC has styles and extra moves you can buy. The demo is probably 1/10th of what'll be available.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Any impressions yet?[/QUOTE]

This is my firt DMC game. I liked it a lot. Everything was smooth and fun. The combat may get repetive, but mabye all DMC games are like that. I imagine there's going to be a whole lot more variety in the actual game.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Any impressions yet?[/QUOTE]

Worth playing if you're even somewhat interested in the full game.

And certainly worth playing if you're getting the game already, no spoilers---and you get a chance to figure out how to integrate Nero's exceed system into the combos. If you time an exceed pull right you wont need to rev during a combo.

bread's done
Back