Devil May Cry coming to PS3, 360 and PC

I'm very surprised. Maybe there still is a chance for MGS4 on the 360, with so many games going multiplatform.

I'm no supercool Japan man, but:

" We will inform that Capcom Ltd. decided the development of 'Debilmacrai 4' for "PlayStation 3" (PS3™) and Xbox 360 and PC."

This shouldn't really be a surprise, I thought they hinted at this for a while?

Reality's Fringe;2762756 said:
I'm no supercool Japan man, but:

" We will inform that Capcom Ltd. decided the development of 'Debilmacrai 4' for "PlayStation 3" (PS3™) and Xbox 360 and PC."

This shouldn't really be a surprise, I thought they hinted at this for a while?
There were rumors about so many games going multiplatform. There was also a rumor about Capcom dropping/porting several PS3 games. I'm guessing this is just one of them.

[quote name='zewone']I'm very surprised. Maybe there still is a chance for MGS4 on the 360, with so many games going multiplatform.[/QUOTE]

I think you can point to 2 games specifically here. Lost Planet and Dead Rising. Those games sold a ton for Capcom and as a result they're highly impressed with the 360 and its fanbase.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I think you can point to 2 games specifically here. Lost Planet and Dead Rising. Those games sold a ton for Capcom and as a result they're highly impressed with the 360 and its fanbase.[/QUOTE]

Yea, kinda surprised Capcom hasn't made plans to port those to the PS3... Capcom is so port and $$$ happy.

I'm not surprised with DMC 4, these days it's so expensive to make a game you've got to get it to as many audiences as possible.

Great, now my PS3 IS really worthless. This was the ONLY game I was looking forward to. Oh well, 360 with achievements is pretty damn nice.

Producer of Resident Evil 4: Hiroyuki Kobayashi " RE4 is exclusive to Gamecube."

Producer of Devil May Cry 4: Hiroyuki Kobayashi " DMC4 is exclusive to PS3."

I think we found a pattern.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, kinda surprised Capcom hasn't made plans to port those to the PS3... Capcom is so port and $$$ happy.

I'm not surprised with DMC 4, these days it's so expensive to make a game you've got to get it to as many audiences as possible.[/QUOTE]

Give them time, they will.

Good to hear, one less game i won't have to wait on PS3's price to be reasonable to play.

C'mon MGS4!

Great news for 360 owners!

I'll stick to the PS3 version because of the controller, barring Capcom doesn't do something insane like give the 360 version exclusive online co-op.

I wonder though...is the 360 version going to use ported code or has it been in development this whole time?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']This is Capcom we're talking about. Why are people surprised?[/quote]
If it was going to happen, I was expecting a timed exclusive. But wow.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']This is Capcom we're talking about. Why are people surprised?[/QUOTE]

Still no Dead Rising on PS3...I'm actually kinda shocked on that.

I would guess that either Metal Gear Solid 4 or Final Fantasy XIII will be the next major PS3 "exclusive" that will also be announced for the 360.

I'll pick up the PC version... unless it sucks (which hopefully won't be the case since Capcom seems like they want to do well with this multiplatform strategy.) If the PC version does suck... PS3 version without a doubt.

[quote name='guyver2077']final fantasy..who are we kidding.. thats not gonna happen...

just give us snake dammit[/QUOTE]

If the PS3 sales still lag for a while I don't think it would be that far off.

[quote name='guyver2077']but who knows what the hell is said on that jap site[/QUOTE]

Archie_Bunker-1.jpg

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Well, at least you don't pretend to be one, unlike so many other people on these forums...[/QUOTE]

Clever!

I'm glad I went ahead and got the 360 now...rather than waiting for the PS3 to get a solid lineup. I think this gen is going to be 33.3% all around.

[quote name='gizmogc']Still no Dead Rising on PS3...I'm actually kinda shocked on that.[/quote]
I'm betting MS paid for it to be exclusive, for a while at least.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Well, at least you don't pretend to be one, unlike so many other people on these forums...[/QUOTE]

Your signed photograph is in the mail.

I know you ruined the last one.

[quote name='Foolman']It was a half ass port that ran horribly.[/QUOTE]

It also wasn't done by Capcom and they didn't pitch the game as multiplatform before it came out. If Capcom doesn't want to half-ass something, they won't.

I think most saw this coming for a while. The biggest news is the simultaneous release. It's great that more people will enjoy this game.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm betting MS paid for it to be exclusive, for a while at least.[/QUOTE]

I understand that. This is sad since this was a major PS3 exclusive title...oh well.

[quote name='Chacrana']It also wasn't done by Capcom and they didn't pitch the game as multiplatform before it came out. If Capcom doesn't want to half-ass something, they won't.[/QUOTE]
I know you want the PC version to be the best, but it doesn't sound like it's going to be released at the same time as the PS3/360.

The horrendous PC port of RE4 makes me fear for anyone wanting to pick this up on the PC. Yuck.

This is 1 of 2 that I've been saying would not be exclusive to the PS3. The only true exclusives were going to see on any system this go-round are going to be the first party offerings. EDIT: Or the stuff that can only be done on one system, namely tripping motion sensing / pointer stuff on the Wii.

If (when) Capcom brings Dead Rising to the PS3 I hope they clean it up a bit. I was really underwhelmed with that game. It had a lot of promise and lot of neat ideas, but the control and the overall design of the game were pretty lacking. Sony owners might be better off getting a cross-platform made DR2.

[quote name='zewone']I know you want the PC version to be the best, but it doesn't sound like it's going to be released at the same time as the PS3/360.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if that's the case and it ends up being another half-assed attempt, I'll get the PS3 version.

[quote name='guyver2077']final fantasy..who are we kidding.. thats not gonna happen...

just give us snake dammit[/quote]
I don't see SE releasing FF XIII on the 360 in Japan, but if the PS3 continues to sell poorly in the US I could see FF XIII coming out for the 360 in the US.

sweet..so the only games that i can think of that i even look at the playstation 3 for are sony-made games that would never make it to the 360...(twisted metal and god of war)

looks good for the 360 :)

bread's done
Back