Diablo 4 ultimate $30

Fantasytails

CAGiversary!
Hey everyone it's been a long time, hope you all are good.
I stumbled across a sale for diablo 4 ultimate for $30 cause I had pre ordered the original version a week ago. Canceled my original pre-order and now have ultimate for $30.
It was listed under special deals on xbox marketplace

Last edited by a moderator:
I was gonna get the PC version but I just did this instead. $30 for the ultimate edition might be deal of the year if MS doesn't revoke it.

For anyone confused, here is exactly what I did to make it work.  YMMV though I guess, apparently.  Saw someone talking about adding things to carts, which is not what I did at all and I'm not sure how that would happen.

1. On my Xbox, went to the store app, searched "Diablo", selected the standard edition of Diablo IV, clicked "preorder", paid $69.99 plus tax on my normal credit card I have on file for xbox.

2.  Waited about five minutes until I got the email from microsoft confirming my order.

3.  On my xbox, closed the store app and re-opened.

4.  On my xbox, scrolled down on the main store page (actually I can't remember exactly where it popped up but it was in the store app and not hard to find) found the "just for you" special offer to buy Diablo IV ultimate edition for $30.  Clicked it, paid $30 plus tax, same way as above.

5.  Waited another couple minutes, got another email from microsoft confirming.

6.  On my laptop, inside the email confirmation (the one for ultimate but i dont think it matters) I clicked on "view or manage your order" and logged in to my microsoft account.

7.  the link took me to a page containing my order history.  There were two Diablo-related entries listed at the top.  One for Diablo IV Standard at $69.99 and one for Ultimate for $29.99.  Next to the entry for Diablo IV standard edition, I clicked "Cancel".

8.  A minute or two later, I got another email from microsoft, confirming the cancellation, and a refund of the $69.99 plus tax.

9.  Went back to my order history and refreshed.  It now shows an entry for Diablo IV standard edition as "refunded", and an entry for Diablo IV ultimate as "completed" and releasing on 6/1/23, with a total charge of $31.65.

10.  Not a step, but just as an additional note, you can also check on the order history page (on your phone or laptop) underneath "bundle includes" and it shows both the standard edition and the ultimate edition content.

Good luck everyone.

For anyone confused, here is exactly what I did to make it work. YMMV though I guess, apparently. Saw someone talking about adding things to carts, which is not what I did at all and I'm not sure how that would happen.

1. On my Xbox, went to the store app, searched "Diablo", selected the standard edition of Diablo IV, clicked "preorder", paid $69.99 plus tax on my normal credit card I have on file for xbox.

2. Waited about five minutes until I got the email from microsoft confirming my order.

3. On my xbox, closed the store app and re-opened.

4. On my xbox, scrolled down on the main store page (actually I can't remember exactly where it popped up but it was in the store app and not hard to find) found the "just for you" special offer to buy Diablo IV ultimate edition for $30. Clicked it, paid $30 plus tax, same way as above.

5. Waited another couple minutes, got another email from microsoft confirming.

6. On my laptop, inside the email confirmation (the one for ultimate but i dont think it matters) I clicked on "view or manage your order" and logged in to my microsoft account.

7. the link took me to a page containing my order history. Next to the entry for Diablo IV standard edition, I clicked "Cancel".

8. A minute or two later, I got another email from microsoft, confirming the cancellation, and a refund of the $69.99 plus tax.

9. Went back to my order history. It now shows an entry for Diablo IV standard edition as "refunded", and an entry for Diablo IV ultimate as "completed" and releasing on 6/1/23, with a total charge of $31.65.

10. Not a step, but just as an additional note, you can check on the order history page (on your phone or laptop) underneath "bundle includes" and it shows both the standard edition and the ultimate edition content.

Good luck everyone.
I got the refund confirmation email. But in my order history I haven't seen it revert to refunded from 'pre-ordered' yet.

For me:

1. I purchased the standard on-line.

2. On my X1, waited for the store to update, but it didn't show up in my deals. I had to do a search for the game, as someone suggested, and it was the first that showed. I purchased on my X1.

3. Went back on-line, went to my purchases, and cancelled.

For anyone confused, here is exactly what I did to make it work. YMMV though I guess, apparently. Saw someone talking about adding things to carts, which is not what I did at all and I'm not sure how that would happen.

2. Waited about five minutes until I got the email from microsoft confirming my order.

3. On my xbox, closed the store app and re-opened.

4. On my xbox, scrolled down on the main store page (actually I can't remember exactly where it popped up but it was in the store app and not hard to find) found the "just for you" special offer to buy Diablo IV ultimate edition for $30. Clicked it, paid $30 plus tax, same way as above.

5. Waited another couple minutes, got another email from microsoft confirming.

6. On my laptop, inside the email confirmation (the one for ultimate but i dont think it matters) I clicked on "view or manage your order" and logged in to my microsoft account.

7. the link took me to a page containing my order history. Next to the entry for Diablo IV standard edition, I clicked "Cancel".

8. A minute or two later, I got another email from microsoft, confirming the cancellation, and a refund of the $69.99 plus tax.

9. Went back to my order history. It now shows an entry for Diablo IV standard edition as "refunded", and an entry for Diablo IV ultimate as "completed" and releasing on 6/1/23, with a total charge of $31.65.

10. Not a step, but just as an additional note, you can check on the order history page (on your phone or laptop) underneath "bundle includes" and it shows both the standard edition and the ultimate edition content.

Good luck everyone.
Weird that even though I hit cancel and got the confirmation email, the order page doesn’t list the standard edition as “refunded” just “preordered” with no option to cancel again

Mine also still says preordered even though I got the refund email. I'm hesitant to install the game until that changes.

9e3dec89835f1570d1e5ccabb8778afe.jpg

Just got it to work a few minutes ago
You might want to black out your email address... Or not

It’s really going to depend on whether MS’ system considers Diablo IV base game a requirement to access the Ultimate content. If the system revokes the base game access, then none of us will be able to play the ultimate version. Guess we’ll find out very soon. There have been plenty of times where you can still download a game but don’t have the license to actually play it (disc games are a good example). So it will be interesting to see what happens.

It’s really going to depend on whether MS’ system considers Diablo IV base game a requirement to access the Ultimate content. If the system revokes the base game access, then none of us will be able to play the ultimate version. Guess we’ll find out very soon. There have been plenty of times where you can still download a game but don’t have the license to actually play it (disc games are a good example). So it will be interesting to see what happens.
Ultimate edition includes the standard edition on the order.

On the shop I checked the Diablo IV Deluxe Edition and it is listed as installed. So I don't think the Standard Edition is needed when we're given the Deluxe Edition that comes with the Ultimate.

Yeah, the order and the store both show the base game as part of the Ultimate bundle. Can’t really revoke just the base game from us when it’s clear as day like that.

They’ll either give it to us or refund and revoke the whole thing. Don’t think they can do anything in between.

I quit and have boycotted any microsoft product a decade ago when they perma banned my XBL account after using an offer they emailed me directly for XBL gold. No matter how many emails and fights I had with them they refused to re-enable my account. They just said repeatedly that they value me as a customer and I can create a new gamertag yet my score and purchases cannot be transferred.

There's no way in hell people's accounts won't be ban hammered by abusing this glitch. With the $30 pricing it's clearly an upgrade fee.

I quit and have boycotted any microsoft product a decade ago when they perma banned my XBL account after using an offer they emailed me directly for XBL gold. No matter how many emails and fights I had with them they refused to re-enable my account. They just said repeatedly that they value me as a customer and I can create a new gamertag yet my score and purchases cannot be transferred.

There's no way in hell people's accounts won't be ban hammered by abusing this glitch. With the $30 pricing it's clearly an upgrade fee.
If it's just an upgrade fee then it shouldn't say just for you for an MSRP price.

I doubt they’ll ban accounts … the regional hacks are way more abusive than this loop hole/glitch … but I could see them refunding if it gets too popular. The fact it hasn’t hit the major deal websites makes me somewhat optimistic … and it will disappear once the pre-order option goes. But it’s still possible MS could easily roll this back.

anchorman-ron-burgundy.gif

Mine says refunded now for the standard edition. Installing the ultimate edition now. Hopefully they let us keep these.

Worked like a charm. Under 5 mins from hitting purchase on the console to getting my MS credit refunded.

Only 15 hours left on this "deal" according to the store page btw.

Lets keep the fanboy stories for the more childish forums. I've taken advantage of as many glitches as the next person and nothing. Take your "boycott" to the PlayStation threads then.

This has been on reddit for a few days, but people are super confused or claiming they never pre-ordered the game.  Maybe game sharing triggers this too?

Let’s keep the fanboy stories for the more childish forums. I've taken advantage of as many glitches as the next person and nothing. Take your "boycott" to the PlayStation threads then.
You’re joking right? Everything I said was true. There’s no fanboy in me. I was all Xbox until the day my account was suspended for paying for XBL. Even spoke to Ballmer’s office back then. Escalated quite high fighting for my account back and got nothing in return except an attic full of xbox games and peripherals I no longer use, and an account with a high gamerscore and paid content lost. I can go in more vivid detail and provide emails if you somehow need proof.

And no. I never did a regional trick, changed locations, or haxored online. It’s funny how you straight up mention PlayStation when you don’t even know what I use anymore. Back then I was so frustrated with Microsoft I swore off windows PCs and switched to macOS. I was that upset with the situation. Really goes to show who is projecting and who the fanboy is making posts like yours.

Edit:

Figured I’d just drive my point a little more. Went into my old game storage. Here’s a small portion of my Xbox collection. These were still sealed waiting to be played when the banhammer happened out of nowhere. And without cause. Not even showing my custom painted guitars for all the rage games back then.

[attachment=37951:155B6631-A510-4D79-9B72-6B64B57A3558.jpeg]

[attachment=37952:5A0A4E56-51F2-4D4C-BE4A-B89AAC82DEA0.jpeg]

We’ll tickle my pickle and call my shlomo. I’m now seeing standard order as “refunded” so fingers crossed they honor the 30 ultimate and I’ll be playing tonight!

You’re joking right? Everything I said was true. There’s no fanboy in me. I was all Xbox until the day my account was suspended for paying for XBL. Even spoke to Ballmer’s office back then. Escalated quite high fighting for my account back and got nothing in return except an attic full of xbox games and peripherals I no longer use, and an account with a high gamerscore and paid content lost. I can go in more vivid detail and provide emails if you somehow need proof.

And no. I never did a regional trick, changed locations, or haxored online. It’s funny how you straight up mention PlayStation when you don’t even know what I use anymore. Back then I was so frustrated with Microsoft I swore off windows PCs and switched to macOS. I was that upset with the situation. Really goes to show who is projecting and who the fanboy is making posts like yours.
What was the official reason given for your ban? All you say in your previous post is that Microsoft "perma banned my XBL account after using an offer they emailed me directly for XBL gold." It sucks you got banned, but I'm sure you must understand why people are confused about your post.

Edit:

Figured I’d just drive my point a little more. Went into my old game storage. Here’s a small portion of my Xbox collection. These were still sealed waiting to be played when the banhammer happened out of nowhere. And without cause. Not even showing my custom painted guitars for all the rage games back then.

155B6631-A510-4D79-9B72-6B64B57A3558.jpeg

5A0A4E56-51F2-4D4C-BE4A-B89AAC82DEA0.jpeg
You can own the console and still be a fanboy against it. You provided no context on your actual ban reason. I've seen this for PlayStation players as well. People always blame the companies without saying the whole story.

Either way, my point stands. We're here for "deals" not to shit on a platform or game.

I used my Visa credit card to pay for the standard edition then get the refund, those usually take a minute for the refund to show up, correct?

You’re joking right? Everything I said was true. There’s no fanboy in me. I was all Xbox until the day my account was suspended for paying for XBL. Even spoke to Ballmer’s office back then.
michael-jordan-laugh.gif

I'm sure Ballmer’s is kicking himself for not talking to you... The xbox empire is now crumbling because of that missed call...

What was the official reason given for your ban? All you say in your previous post is that Microsoft "perma banned my XBL account after using an offer they emailed me directly for XBL gold." It sucks you got banned, but I'm sure you must understand why people are confused about your post.
Some people have been banned from online services if the credit card charge is disputed or refused after the fact so they assume the account is usinga fraudulent
payment method. Not saying this is the case here, but of all the reports I've seen, that one makes the most sense.

Some people have been banned from online services if the credit card charge is disputed or refused after the fact so they assume the account is usinga fraudulent
payment method. Not saying this is the case here, but of all the reports I've seen, that one makes the most sense.
That happend to me on playstion actually. Had a few charges on my card and disputed them. They got taken off my card but Playstation banned my account. Had sold a ps4 for my brother who i let use my card on his account and didn't realize he hadn't factory reset it. Was a huge bummer but live and learn I guess.

Ok so I finally got this to work.  I called Xbox and they helped me.  Now I did tell them I was only trying to buy the upgrade since I have the physical disc.  ‍♂. So they refunded the base game and I have the purchase of ultimate showing.  One thing I find odd is it has no markings saying it’s the ultimate version.  If you check on your purchase online it shows base game, and Ultimate edition content.  On the console all it shows it base game.  So I’m wondering should the ultimate be some add on key like a lot of games?  If so how do I add that. Energy did the install remote. Shows it’s going to install the base and the add on, but only base ever gets installed. Guess 6pm will tell the tale ‍♂

Mine is now showing "refunded" on the order history for the base game. Hopefully this works! I'm still playing through Zelda and have Star Wars Jedi Survivor to play so I definitely wasn't planning on getting this at launch, but at this price why the hell not.

Ok so I finally got this to work. I called Xbox and they helped me. Now I did tell them I was only trying to buy the upgrade since I have the physical disc. ‍♂. So they refunded the base game and I have the purchase of ultimate showing. One thing I find odd is it has no markings saying it’s the ultimate version. If you check on your purchase online it shows base game, and Ultimate edition content. On the console all it shows it base game. So I’m wondering should the ultimate be some add on key like a lot of games? If so how do I add that. Energy did the install remote. Shows it’s going to install the base and the add on, but only base ever gets installed. Guess 6pm will tell the tale ‍♂
Some ultimate editions just know you get the content on your account and you don't have to install it. That's more common on the online only games like this.

I was able to buy the game and the upgrade with no problem around 12:45 pm, but I am still waiting on the refund. Here's hoping it worked. If not then oh well.

bread's done
Back