Diablo 4 ultimate $30

Fantasytails

CAGiversary!
Hey everyone it's been a long time, hope you all are good.
I stumbled across a sale for diablo 4 ultimate for $30 cause I had pre ordered the original version a week ago. Canceled my original pre-order and now have ultimate for $30.
It was listed under special deals on xbox marketplace

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't be buying until it's down to $30 again. I don't care about the Ultimate perks other than the early access which I got but I really didn't think it was worth $70. It would be nice to still play it but there's plenty of other things out there.

They wouldn't refund me for the Red Dead Redemption 2 digital I bought as it requires the disc, it isn't the digital story mode. Hadn't played it but it was over two weeks. No refund for the $20 after I was told they would because I hadn't played it. Diablo 4 is a price mistake and I played all week. They do not follow policy. They just don't want to eat that cost

I won't be buying until it's down to $30 again. I don't care about the Ultimate perks other than the early access which I got but I really didn't think it was worth $70. It would be nice to still play it but there's plenty of other things out there.
Same boat. Was grinding to act v without really enjoying the world, the questing, or the story. My build was a bit weak and getting weaker from the updates, and level progression into renown into paragon into aspect hunting seemed like a lot of work just to get a usable build.

For everyone that got refunded AND decided to buy the standard edition of the game, do they let you keep the bonus goodies from your account and the battle pass?
I don't think so, I lost the cosmetics from the Ultimate edition in the related games (D3, etc) on PC, but the account status still shows active in the battle.net account (linked to the Xbox one) so maybe the characters progress is still saved whenever we do decide to come back?

Same boat. Was grinding to act v without really enjoying the world, the questing, or the story. My build was a bit weak and getting weaker from the updates, and level progression into renown into paragon into aspect hunting seemed like a lot of work just to get a usable build.

I don't think so, I lost the cosmetics from the Ultimate edition in the related games (D3, etc) on PC, but the account status still shows active in the battle.net account (linked to the Xbox one) so maybe the characters progress is still saved whenever we do decide to come back?
Certainly. Save data is online, not local.

There IS a chance. I got refunded but I still have the WoW mount. So some account flags don't get undone. I can still summon it and it's in my collection.
Can confirm I still have the D4 Ult bonuses on my now PS D4 standard copy. So, the Emote, mount and mount armor are still there. Guess we won't know for sure about the battle pass until later.

Sadly I haven’t even gotten my mount yet. Still on Act III. Hopefully the armor is there for me. No big deal if it isn’t.

Probably my only issue with the game is how long it takes to get a mount. Is there really any reason to make you wait until your 3/5ths through the story to get it? Do they just get joy over making you walk?!?

Sadly I haven’t even gotten my mount yet. Still on Act III. Hopefully the armor is there for me. No big deal if it isn’t.

Probably my only issue with the game is how long it takes to get a mount. Is there really any reason to make you wait until your 3/5ths through the story to get it? Do they just get joy over making you walk?!?
I mean Lilith does look like she's into it 🤣

Honest for those asking you almost 100% will still have all the ultimate swag. It’s tied to your battle net it’s not on Xbox end. 

It's not $30 for the digital ultimate edition, but it ain't bad and probably the best you'll see outside of another pricing mistake for a long time.

Target has B2G1 for select games. As usual, you can cancel two out of the three in your order and they prorate it. Also 5% off and free shipping with Red Card, and YMMV but you might have a Target Circle offer that would give you a percentage or dollar amount off (I didn't).

Buy three games, one of them being a disc copy of Diablo IV, cancel the non-Diablo games, and it should come out to about $48.

And you could eventually trade or resell this if/when it goes to GamePass.

It's not $30 for the digital ultimate edition, but it ain't bad and probably the best you'll see outside of another pricing mistake for a long time.

Target has B2G1 for select games. As usual, you can cancel two out of the three in your order and they prorate it. Also 5% off and free shipping with Red Card, and YMMV but you might have a Target Circle offer that would give you a percentage or dollar amount off (I didn't).

Buy three games, one of them being a disc copy of Diablo IV, cancel the non-Diablo games, and it should come out to about $48.

Yea that’s a decent price but my thing is if this is a forced online only game, going physical seems unnecessary. You can never own the game really, you just have a license for an online check.

That's how it's been from the beginning of the previous console generation almost a decade ago. Nothing new. Not a good thing, but also not a thing that's going to change.

I bit on the Target deal. I was planning to wait for it to hit $30 but $46 for a physical copy is still a good deal. The only extra I cared about from the ultimate edition was early access and I already got that.

For everyone that got refunded AND decided to buy the standard edition of the game, do they let you keep the bonus goodies from your account and the battle pass?
The goodies are forever tied to the account once unlocked, however seasons haven't started yet so that logic check hasn't happened yet. There's a small chance the battle pass will still activate, but otherwise my wife has all her stuffs still after getting the same message from MS. The best part is she got to use the license for early access and can now just piggyback off our gameshare on my account to continue playing. She literally got all the benefits AND got a full refund.

I'd call that a win.

It's already unlocked; just talk to the stable master and you can see it in the tabs. It's just not available for use until you complete the first three acts.

Target really needs to start selling digital this way. . .

It's just not available for use until you complete the first three acts.
I can't ride it (or any horse I guess?? ) until act 3 sometime? Really?

Yeah, first world problems and all...

I think where I am now with Diablo is different than where I was after Diablo 1 and 2...I used to care about the story... Now I'm mostly just button mashing to get the legendary pellet to drop from the Skinner box. It's still kinda mindless fun...but not the same...

But that's like exactly what awp is saying. I can't ride it (or any horse I guess?? ) until act 3 sometime? Really?

Yeah, first world problems and all...

I think where I am now with Diablo is different than where I was after Diablo 1 and 2...I used to care about the story... Now I'm mostly just button mashing to get the legendary pellet to drop from the Skinner box. It's still kinda mindless fun...but not the same...
I was referring to the cosmetic armor from deluxe edition.

It's probably been done manually, they refund through an automated process. All the refunding hit some kind of threshold that initiated reviews of accounts where the ultimate was purchased and standard refunded.

Was anyone else able to claim the Diablo 4 accelerated battle pass without currency who got in on that $30 deal? I clicked to buy and it just activated for me. Hoping I wasn’t charged.

Was anyone else able to claim the Diablo 4 accelerated battle pass without currency who got in on that $30 deal? I clicked to buy and it just activated for me. Hoping I wasn’t charged.
Yes. You kinda had a feeling it would since we also got the Wings of Whatever-It's-Called in-game emote, last month, which was Ultimate only, too.

you didn't need the horse anymore? Are you a rogue? My necromancer is slow as hell and needs the horse.
No, I'm also a Necro. i have 2 dashes and just keep ignoring mobs and it's almost as effective. I find it way more annoying when i get off my horse accidentally and have to wait 6 seconds to get back on.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1682758629966114816?t=iiSXa6AIJ-xATTMTPNcj0g&s=19

I was able to get Diablo 4 for PS5 $42.99

Does Diablo 4 have full platform crosssave? Could I get access to my series x save on ps5 even without having access to Xbox version? I had a lot of hours with this glitch

Does Diablo 4 have full platform crosssave? Could I get access to my series x save on ps5 even without having access to Xbox version? I had a lot of hours with this glitch
Yes, its all connected to your Battle Net account, so you can play on any platform and move to another platform and continue from where you left off.

My wife was able to, but we weren't entirely sure if that was due to having gameshared this entire time or because of the glitch. I'd have to imagine it was because of the glitch though since she kept all the goodies.

bread's done
Back