Diablo 4 ultimate $30

Fantasytails

CAGiversary!
Hey everyone it's been a long time, hope you all are good.
I stumbled across a sale for diablo 4 ultimate for $30 cause I had pre ordered the original version a week ago. Canceled my original pre-order and now have ultimate for $30.
It was listed under special deals on xbox marketplace

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, we're good. Glad I talked myself into trying because I damn sure almost ignored it.

When did you guys get the ultimate versions? I purchased, upgraded and refunded all on the 31st and it hasn't been refunded yet.

Edit....and they got me too

It’s definitely a matter of time … just in time for the Target B2G1 this weekend 😜. Was a great preview though, solidified buying it on console … but also confirmed the $100 version is a waste imo.

Oh damn what evil bastards.

I finished act 1 at level 22. It’s fun but the online only nature makes me feel like I’m renting the game. Where will it be in 2,3,5 years? Diablo 3 is permanent and I own forever.

I don’t know if I’ll spend 70 on it, but digital is the way to go for a game that needs online anyway

same, $30 refund to wallet and game license is gone

thats ok i beat the campaign last night, got my moneys worth hahaha

game is fine but the story is just ok (only the last 2-3 hours is good out of 25 hours) and it turns into a massive grind fest after that.  i'll pick up on sale and continue, its cross save so could even play on PC later down the road and continue my character

How so? Purchasing something they advertised as a sale? Far from a breach of TOS.
I followed this thread since the beginning. People stole from Microsoft. They bought a $70 game, paid for the $30 upgrade, then canceled the base game hoping to keep an upgrade license as a full game install.

I was playing fine about an hour ago. Saw the refund email come through about 10min ago. Just tried to log in and it told me I'd have to buy the game to play it...

Hmmm... Well played Blizzard/Microsoft... Now, the question is: Am I hooked enough to buy it?

I followed this thread since the beginning. People stole from Microsoft. They bought a $70 game, paid for the $30 upgrade, then canceled the base game hoping to keep an upgrade license as a full game install.
Nowhere did it say the $30 Ultimate edition was an upgrade. It listed everything it had included (such as the base game). No one “stole” anything.

Nowhere did it say the $30 Ultimate edition was an upgrade. It listed everything it had included (such as the base game). No one “stole” anything.
please do tell me then you just straight up bought a $30 ultimate edition? Or did people cheat and abuse an upgrade by buying a game for $70, then wait 10 minutes for the $30 offer to pop up? You fully know what you were doing.

please do tell me then you just straight up bought a $30 ultimate edition? Or did people cheat and abuse an upgrade by buying a game for $70, then wait 10 minutes for the $30 offer to pop up? You fully know what you were doing.
It wasn't a $30 upgrade though, it was a discounted full ultimate edition. If it was a $30 upgrade it wouldn't work without the base edition. I'm not surprised it was refunded because it was clearly a mistake on their part, but no bans are coming, chill out.

I spoke to Steve Ballmer and he said it was OK!

[emoji851] well you see it clearly states under Tos article 69 line 13......lol
objection.gif

I think you need to take up the cause of being a narc you missed your calling.

Same here, hasn't captured my interest like D3 did, so might wait for a sale to pick it back up on PC. (Mouse > thumbstick) I assume the account merege worked since I saw battle.net friends status pop on the xbox weirdly.  :oldman:

xbox messaged me
You recently placed a pre-order or purchase for Diablo IV Ultimate Edition Bundle. Unfortunately, due to incorrect pricing, we are cancelling your order, refunding any payment made, and removing it from your ''My games & apps'' list. We apologize for the inconvenience. Visit account.microsoft.com to view your billing history.

Romeo is going to be disappointed

Yep mine was canceled too…boo! I’ll probably buy the base version though. Having fun with it and I can see myself playing it for years. I played a lot of D3.

I was having a blast playing it but I have Zelda so I can keep my monies. If anything them refunding the money like that gave me a week of free time and I'm not spending the money on anything else 🤷

This sets such a weird precedent. It’s been a week after release so what is the time period where licenses can be revoked? They made a dumb mistake but eat it and don’t be so petty for a gargantuan best selling title. I wonder how many really got in on this?

For everyone that got refunded AND decided to buy the standard edition of the game, do they let you keep the bonus goodies from your account and the battle pass?

For everyone that got refunded AND decided to buy the standard edition of the game, do they let you keep the bonus goodies from your account and the battle pass?
Doubt it, it’s processed as a refund so everything is disassociated with your account.

I’m not particularly bothered, it was a great trial … but it does show how easy it will be for a company to revoke a license in an all digital future. Could make for some really scarce “deals” if companies refuse to honor the occasional glitch and have vague policies about how long you can wait before removing something from an account.

Curious about this as well. I also bought the standard version on PlayStation, gonna go install it and see if I still have the ultimate perks - mount, emote etc.

Curious about this as well. I also bought the standard version on PlayStation, gonna go install it and see if I still have the ultimate perks - mount, emote etc.
There IS a chance. I got refunded but I still have the WoW mount. So some account flags don't get undone. I can still summon it and it's in my collection.

Imagine Best Buy trying to fix a price mistake after they process your money and have the item shipped and delivered to your house a week later lol. This is why digital games are really all just borrowed games. Buying a game digitally is only a bit better than having it on gamepass. You never truly own anything, you just have a license for it

It’s funny to see most people here still buying the standard game because it was enjoyable. I was going to skip it for at least a year, and now I’m kinda having withdrawals 😂

I just think it's funny that they revoked the license for a game I have over 40 hours in. Yet they wouldn't refund me for a $6 game I had 30 minutes played in lol.

bread's done
Back