Diablo III / Diablo II Battle.net Thread

[quote name='Jon Bon']Anyone on the new US East Ladder?[/quote]
When is D3 coming out? Hmmm, i don't want to replay D2 with those mad cows.

I have a character on US East ladder. Just doing Baal runs until lvl 45ish.

@hero101: No release date. I'd say two years minimum. 6 year development time seems pretty standard for Blizzard, and for such a small team. Maybe after SCII and WotLK are finished (or if Activision sends people to Blizzard) they will have more people working on it to get it done quicker.

[quote name='hero101']When is D3 coming out? Hmmm, i don't want to replay D2 with those mad cows.[/quote]
your crazy. mad cows ftw. the drops are good and the exp is good. DONT KILL THE KING!!! lol.

Still playing the Requim of Sorrow mod and freaking love it. The 100s of new Uniques are awesome, especially the Unique charms. Also love the new skills added to the mod and the difficulty is perfect. Harder then vanilla D2 but easier then some of the crazy mods out there.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Still playing the Requim of Sorrow mod and freaking love it. The 100s of new Uniques are awesome, especially the Unique charms. Also love the new skills added to the mod and the difficulty is perfect. Harder then vanilla D2 but easier then some of the crazy mods out there.[/quote]

Is there an online realm for it, or just TCP/IP only?

[quote name='Mattte']Is there an online realm for it, or just TCP/IP only?[/QUOTE]

90% sure its just TCP/IP only. Like I said best mod iv played since Eastern Sun. Besides the stuff I named before(lots of new uniques, sets and unique charms and skills)the guy added new monsters to the game and a new dungeon only available after Hell mod is completed thats ultra hard but ultra rewarding.

[quote name='TahoeMax']i added a bunch of you and haven't ever seen anyone on US West. Got an Infinity today. Now I'm tearing it up :)[/QUOTE]
yea everyone just kinda stopped playing.

[quote name='Moxio']Haha what happened? It wasn't even gradual... just kinda... stopped.[/QUOTE]
well liquid started playing his 360, zin/lord melvin got back into starcraft, and therock and his brother.. I have no idea.

So I just followed zin back to sc.

I'd probably start playing more regularly if there were more people, I stopped playing since whenever I went on my friend's list was empty.

Well I play almost nightly now for a few hours. I missed out on 7 years or so of goodness and need to catch up. TahoeMax on USWest

It's not all that surprising as the focus of SC2 at this point is all balance testing. They're busy playing with existing assets so they don't have time to make them nor know if they even need them. However, I still wouldn't hold my breath on D3 being out any time soon. Wasn't WoW announced in like 1999 and didn't ship til 04?

[quote name='MSI Magus']Kotaku has posted that Diablo 3 will launch before SC2 and that Blizzard has said far more people are working on D3 then SC2. This again goes with me thinking we will see it sooner then people think. I am guessing 09 Halloween again!

http://kotaku.com/5049624/diablo-iiis-release-will-precede-starcraft-2s[/quote]

It would be nice if they would show off atleast one more of the characters. I'm sick of loging onto the site only to still see the barbarian and witch doctor.

[quote name='sendme']It would be nice if they would show off atleast one more of the characters. I'm sick of loging onto the site only to still see the barbarian and witch doctor.[/QUOTE]They will announce a new one at BlizzCon, if that helps. But someone at Blue said that the announcement will most-likely piss off more people than the Witch Doctor /Necromancer thing did.

[quote name='eswat']They will announce a new one at BlizzCon, if that helps. But someone at Blue said that the announcement will most-likely piss off more people than the Witch Doctor /Necromancer thing did.[/quote]

well what could they say.... they stated they weren't going to do a Paly.

I think they won't come out with a Rogue/Amazon just yet.

Something to piss people off, maybe it's a twist on the paladin, like a Spartan or maybe a Crusader... Maybe just a warrior class, which would be dull and boring.

What pissed people off about the Doctor/Necromancer? Are they replacing the Necromancer with the Witch Doctor? That is the only thing that would piss me off. As long as they have the Necromancer then I dont see what they could do to piss me off unless they really fuck this game up.

Original quote:

All the barbarian players are delighted and all the necromancers hate us. I understand, I don't begrudge them that. I would hate me too! But what I would say is that when we announce the next class, which is quite similar to a previous class, then all those players will hate us too. You can't make everybody happy, but I think when the game finally come out players will find there's a good class for them, one they will love as much as the ones that came before. And if they don't, I absolutely promise that in the expansions we'll consider bringing back old classes.

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/diablo_3/preview-1253.html

[quote name='sendme']What pissed people off about the Doctor/Necromancer? Are they replacing the Necromancer with the Witch Doctor? That is the only thing that would piss me off. As long as they have the Necromancer then I dont see what they could do to piss me off unless they really fuck this game up.[/quote]

I thought they weren't bringing the Necro at all... or did I miss something.

Necro = dead

witch doctor replaced that class as a substitution.

I imagine a lot of the classes will be very similar in spirit, simply to keep the balance more or less the same. Just to note, though: the interview linked a few posts up also confirms that NONE of the other D2 classes are coming back, in name, at least...so no pally, no necro, no amazon, etc

People are bitches. There are people bitching about SC2 because they aren't changing anything and there are people bitching about D3 because they ARE changing things.

Last I heard, the only reason they left the barbarian in the game was because the other 4 were going to be such a departure, they wanted to give people a familiar face.

[quote name='eswat']Original quote:

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/diablo_3/preview-1253.html[/quote]

Ha, I'm surprised the internet hasn't imploded because of all the Fallout 3 and Diablo 3 whines.

Damn that sucks no necromancers. That and a tank druid were the two that I liked to play. I guess if the witch doctor is the closes thing to a necromancer I get I will have to deal with it. I don't like it but oh well I will have to learn to like it and maybe I will end up liking it better. I will just have to see.

How do you know you wont like it? Have you played it? Have you seen more than the 20 seconds of witch doctor gameplay the rest of us have?

He lights his minions on fire and blows the up, what's not to like?

As long as they give me a bow user im good. If they change the Amazon/Rogue formula to something that doesnt even have a bow or some kind of ranged weapon ill be pissed.

Personally I think that a Ranger class would just rule all. Ranger would be a cross between the Druid and the Amazon. You keep the Amazons bow and passive skills but get rid of the Javelin tree then add in the Druids summoning tree. Would be like a wet dream for me.

[quote name='Kayden']
Last I heard, the only reason they left the barbarian in the game was because the other 4 were going to be such a departure, they wanted to give people a familiar face.[/QUOTE]

I'd think they'd need to leave in Barbs simply because the final act of D2 focuses so much on how they are this big important group of people bent on keeping sacred mountains in order and all that.

I don't remember the other classes being given any sort of additional reason to be around, outside of "Hay guyz lets go kill teh diabloz."

[quote name='Kayden']How do you know you wont like it? Have you played it? Have you seen more than the 20 seconds of witch doctor gameplay the rest of us have?

He lights his minions on fire and blows the up, what's not to like?[/QUOTE]

Don't think I said I wouldn't like the class. I just don't like the fact the a necro is not in the game. In fact I think I even said that maybe I would like the new witch doctor class. It is chances are going to be the first class I try however I still don't like that they don't have a necro in the game. Maybe they will include one in the expansion that everyone knows will come out for this game.

[quote name='MSI Magus']As long as they give me a bow user im good. If they change the Amazon/Rogue formula to something that doesnt even have a bow or some kind of ranged weapon ill be pissed.

Personally I think that a Ranger class would just rule all. Ranger would be a cross between the Druid and the Amazon. You keep the Amazons bow and passive skills but get rid of the Javelin tree then add in the Druids summoning tree. Would be like a wet dream for me.[/QUOTE]

That would be nice. However really good range and summons would be a bit much for one class. Hell it didn't even seem like with the necro in D2 had that great of range and good summons. Atleast it felt to me like with it you had good summons or ok range, but not both.

yeah it is but howmany points need to go in the tree to get it to do that? I have not played a necro in years but last I remember it was the summoning was great and the range was good but not that great, or range was great but summoning was lacking. However I was also the type that wanted a server crashing necromancer so I only had to summon and not do much after that. It has also been about 3 or 4 years since I have played a necro but like I said I dont' remember them being really great at both. it was good at one and great at the other.

So this weekend at BlizzCon, the folks at Blizzard have used their trademark subterfuge to all but say they will release info on a new character for D3. Place yer bets: what do you think it will be? I'm guessing a hunter-type class, with the bow-azon's ranged attack and the assassin's trap skills.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Druid/Amazon nature panzy hybrid.[/quote]

What about a Druid/Bard dirty hippie class?

400px-RussianRainbowGathering_4Aug2005.jpg

Hmm, there's also a screenie of the class select screen. One strongly Amazon-looking girl, a gal who looks like a cavewoman, and some phantomy-looking dude. Speculation?

[quote name='TahoeMax']Hmm, there's also a screenie of the class select screen. One strongly Amazon-looking girl, a gal who looks like a cavewoman, and some phantomy-looking dude. Speculation?[/QUOTE]
heh, the ghost dude IS the wizard, thats the currently selected character transparency thing.

The female next to him is just the female version of the wizard class. The cavemen guys are the male/female witchdoctor, and the middle is the male/female barbarians.

[quote name='crystalklear64']heh, the ghost dude IS the wizard, thats the currently selected character transparency thing.[/QUOTE]Actually the male Wizard was not available for the demo. It's greyed-out/transparent because of that.

[quote name='eswat']Actually the male Wizard was not available for the demo. It's greyed-out/transparent because of that.[/QUOTE]
Figured it was something like that.

bread's done
Back