Digital Devil Saga 2 (PS2) $34.99 + Free Shipping @ Outpost.com

[quote name='b0bx13']I'd be willing to bet that it'll be available on Atlus's website, just like the other soundtracks.[/QUOTE]

And it'll only be $2 or $3. That makes a lot more sense than spending $15 to buy it w/ the CD from GS or EB.

I'm wonder if I should wait or order now... I spent a lot of money recently as it is plus I don't love preorder goodies (though not so much that I'd pay $15 more for a music CD).:whistle2:k

If it is a preorder bonus they might be tougher on it. For example with the DDS controller sticker they only let people buy it with a recipt from a store that has the preorder to buy it.

Edit: It might be cheaper to get the soundtrack on ebay, but i got some left over EB credit so it wont cost me that much.

so if its still showing up as 39.99, I can call them and they will give me the 34.99 price? Its sure to go on sale here at the B&M location, but if it ships free, might as well save the trip.

Wait, so if I call to ask them to lower the price on my order, how should I approach them about it? Do I say I heard that it's supposed to be $35 instead of $40?

Alright, I just called, and the guy said that he lowered it. No fuss, no muss. Great customer service!

EDIT: The lowered price is now reflected in my order status. Now I must ask; how reliable is Outpost when it comes to games? I noticed some less then charming reviews on their site...

[quote name='exceed19']btw: when does this ship or come out?

thnx
eX[/QUOTE]

Rumored to be the end of September, but Atlus hasn't given a definite release date yet...

Have fun waiting forever to get it!

Advance Wars: Dual Strike is still "pre-order" and mine is "backordered". Goldeneye for DS released June 14th and that says "pre-order" still.

Shame shame outpost

[quote name='mdm']Have fun waiting forever to get it!

Advance Wars: Dual Strike is still "pre-order" and mine is "backordered". Goldeneye for DS released June 14th and that says "pre-order" still.

Shame shame outpost[/QUOTE]

I don't mind waiting a few extra weeks, but if it's as long as a few months... I'm slightly regretting my decision now.

Okay, has anyone had good experiences with Outpost's pre-orders before?

Yeah, I'll just order from EB, GS, or another reputable website that gets preorders in on time. I don't want to miss out on this game for weeks, months, or even days.

The email is quite disheartening.

"However, we continually receive
new merchandise in our warehouse and we hope to fulfill your
order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible."

Homefully sooner than 30 days!

I hope this is the default message for stupid random crap as opposed to a friggin videogame.

They apparently have Nanostray for order, so maybe they will fulfill this soon and Goldeneye is as much a mistake as the $34.99 cross out.

mdm, I really wish you had posted that in here sooner. Otherwise, I wouldn't have placed an order today. :(

EDIT: I went ahead and cancelled my order. I figured I shouldn't press my luck in the near future, seeing as I beat the Demifiend today. Well, at least I can vouch for Outpost's customer service.

[quote name='mdm']The email is quite disheartening.

"However, we continually receive
order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible."

Homefully sooner than 30 days!

I hope this is the default message for stupid random crap as opposed to a friggin videogame.

They apparently have Nanostray for order, so maybe they will fulfill this soon and Goldeneye is as much a mistake as the $34.99 cross out.[/QUOTE]

That email is the standard preorder email. The game hasn't been released yet, of course they don't have it in stock. You'll also get an email about 2 weeks after placing a preorder asking if you want to keep the order open as they haven't received any stock. So don't read too much into it, it's standard...

[quote name='Starky27']That email is the standard preorder email. The game hasn't been released yet, of course they don't have it in stock. You'll also get an email about 2 weeks after placing a preorder asking if you want to keep the order open as they haven't received any stock. So don't read too much into it, it's standard...[/QUOTE]

Read his other posts. That email is for Advance Wars DS, which has been out for over a week.

Awesome price. Just picked up the original for $240 + shipping this morning. Can't wait to play them back to back.

Did anyone else get an email like this from outpost about DDS2?:

" Thank you for your order! We apologize but the item(s) you
ordered is currently out of stock and we are unable to provide a
definite ship date at this time. However, we continually receive
order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible.

At this time, your order is still pending and will ship as soon
as the item(s) is in stock. Your order number is .

If you would prefer to cancel, change, or check the status of
your order, please call customer service at 1-877-OUTPOST
(International customers may call +1-860-927-2050) or e-mail us
at [email protected]".

Yu Gi Oh Nightmare Troubadour is in stock, and tghat came out THIS week. Wonky.

God please ship soon Advance Wars... I'm afraid I'll have to wait til next Tuesday for them to get another shipment or something.

Put in pre-order. Still shows up $39.99.

Called in.

CSR will credit me $5.

:D

As far as it maybe taking a few weeks, no big deal, I haven't played SMT:Nocturne, Disgaea, Phantom Brave, La Pucelle Tactics, or DDS1 yet anyway. :D This is just barely more than a used copy after ebgames coupons, I'm in.

[quote name='psincubus']Did anyone else get an email like this from outpost about DDS2?:

" Thank you for your order! We apologize but the item(s) you
ordered is currently out of stock and we are unable to provide a
definite ship date at this time. However, we continually receive
order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible.

At this time, your order is still pending and will ship as soon
as the item(s) is in stock. Your order number is .

If you would prefer to cancel, change, or check the status of
your order, please call customer service at 1-877-OUTPOST
(International customers may call +1-860-927-2050) or e-mail us
at

I didn't read through this whole thread so I am assuming this is old news, but it's back up at $40. Bummer. Still not a bad price with the free shipping.

[quote name='chickenhawk']I didn't read through this whole thread so I am assuming this is old news, but it's back up at $40. Bummer. Still not a bad price with the free shipping.[/QUOTE]

call it in and they'll knock the 5$ off ;)

[quote name='Epic Wolf']call it in and they'll knock the 5$ off ;)[/QUOTE]

I'll do that. I wasn't sure if they would still do it. Thanks!

Got this a few minutes ago:

Dear ROBERT ,

Thank you for your order J73994******.

We apologize but the item(s) you ordered are still out of stock
and we are unable to provide a definite ship date.

Please let us know if you would like to keep your order active
by calling us at 1-877-OUTPOST (International customers, please
call 1-860-927-2050) or e-mailing us at [email protected].

If you elect to keep your order active and agree to a indefinite
ship date, you may cancel your order any time prior to shipment.
If we do not hear from you within 30 business days, your order
will be cancelled automatically.

We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Fry's Outpost.com
Customer Service Team

Tel: 1-877-OUTPOST
Tel: +1-860-927-2050
Fax: 1-860-927-8375
E-mail: [email protected]
http://www.outpost.com/entry?site=macs:outpost

keep an eye on your email ;) if you dont respond they cancel your order :shock:

Hey, this isn't DDS2 related, but this is definitely the best place to ask. For anyone of you who have DDS Deluxe Box set opened. Have you noticed on the back of the dvd case, the art insert, if there is a tear in the cover about an inch long through serph's head? I just finished the game and put the DVD back in the case, and noticed this. does anyone else have this?

The price increase does stink, I was seriously thinking about preordering it from there,but I have a bunch of other games I have to plow through first.

has anyone purchases DDS 1 from outpost.com?

if so, does it have the printing error on the DVD case (not on the deluxe box), you know how it has "multitap support" and whatnot?

[quote name='psincubus']has anyone purchases DDS 1 from outpost.com?

if so, does it have the printing error on the DVD case (not on the deluxe box), you know how it has "multitap support" and whatnot?[/QUOTE]

I think everyhas that multitap typo, I think Atlus mentioned it on their site.

Yeaj, when you add it to your cart it's $35 with free shipping. but when you go to check out it's $50 with free shipping. *shrug*

EDIT; Never mind. Appears to be a cookies error. When I clear out my cart and cooies and try it again it shows up as $50 in cart.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Yeaj, when you add it to your cart it's $35 with free shipping. but when you go to check out it's $50 with free shipping. *shrug*

EDIT; Never mind. Appears to be a cookies error. When I clear out my cart and cooies and try it again it shows up as $50 in cart.[/QUOTE]

oooops

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']Do all copies of this game include the soundtrack?[/QUOTE]
The original in the Limited Edition box does, I'm not sure about DDS 2.

I've heard that the soundtrack is a pack-in, like with Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and the first Digital Devil Saga. If this proves true, all first shipments of the game should contain the soundtrack.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I've heard that the soundtrack is a pack-in, like with Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and the first Digital Devil Saga. If this proves true, all first shipments of the game should contain the soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

My soundtrack with DDS wasn't a pack-in. It was in a little extra slip inside the collector case, not a seperate plastic tray as with Nocturne. The Gamestop manager told me last night is was a seperate thing but I trust that about as afar as I could throw the man. The BIG man.

has anyone ordered DDS1 from outpost.com recently? was it a reprint (meaning no protective sticker on the DVD case?) Thanks

bread's done
Back