CONTEST: Win CheapyD's Games! [Last Day!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Holy shit, I'm moving to Tokyo in three weeks!
There's no way I can bring all my stuff with me, so one lucky CAG is going to win 30+ games and a bunch of shwag (E3, TGS, etc.).

Simply post in this thread for a chance to win.
You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

You may post as often as you wish, but that WILL NOT increase your chance of winning. One account/entry per person. You must be over 18 (or have your parents permission upon winning to receive M rated games) and in the continental US to be eligible to win. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest ends on or about 10/24/05.

Why am I moving to Japan?
Mrs. CheapyD got a great job and it requires us to move to Tokyo. Its basically an offer we can't refuse. I will still be able to run CAG from Japan and now I will be able to work on CAG full time. You can also likely expect new additions/features and possibly a new CAG sister website as I become Your Man In Japan.
Fear not! The focus of CAG will always be cheap video games.

Partial list of stuff (thanks thorbahn3)

Xbox
GTA: San Andreas (hot coffee version)
Deathrow
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War (sealed)
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT
OXM demo disc (battlefield)
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document
Shadow of the Colussus demo
Genji demo
Multitap
Microcon controller

Gamecube
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Shwag, etc...
CAG t-shirt
CheapyD's Winning Eleven jersey worn on Cold Pizza
CAG business card sized flyers
Metal Gear Solid booklet (TGS 2005)
Xbox 360 brouchure (TGS 2005)
Atari demo disc (TGS 2005)
God of War poster (E3 2005)
Assorted Nintendo buttons (E3 2005)

You've gotta get an import system over there and play all the games they never import here!

Also let us know what the nightlife is like dude (I hear 70s style disco clubs are back in style - complete with bellbottoms. Disco Stu likes)

OMG! My wife will kill me if I bring more games into the house, but I just can't resist free games! I have to media cabinets full of games (most purchases thru deals form here). If I win this collection, I guess they will have to go into the kids room. =)

I would like for you to make a section that compares our (USA) cheap ass games with Japans cheap ass games.

Plus I want pics of you packing up those games,and shipping them to me !

When you get there, I think you should dress up in a Godzilla costume and run down the street knocking over small children.

I have a friend that lives in Japan, and I may be going there to teach English next year. While you're over there, you should head out to some of the shmup arcades and take some pictures of the sexy new shmups that are on the way. That, and play DS on the trains with Japanese people.

Between all the giant monster attacks, battling mecha, and random kids with destructive psychic powers, insurance rates must be sky-high in Tokyo. And that's not even taking into account the earthquakes, volcanoes, & unemployed samurai and/or ninja clans. I'd ask you to try to get Inframan's autograph for me, but he's actually from China (which, regardless of the popular concensus here in the South, is not the same as Japan.)

Ah, well. Jealous is me... I would love to live in Tokyo.

I went to Japan once, it was a lot of fun and best of all, it was free. My flight to Shanghai got cancelled and my family and I stayed in the heart of Tokyo for two days with food vouchers and $100 USD spending money. CheapyD, your wife would probably love Ginza. That's where all the department stores are located.

WOW since this contest is still going I guess I can add that I would like to see a picture storyboard of your visit to the Nintendo HQ and then the same for the Sony HQ, and the crazy goodies you can get from them.

Also I would like to see some pictures of the nightlife, and what's the crazziest stuff they are willing to do for money?

So ok did I win?

Hmm... what should you do in Japan....

send me some cool tech-gear that we dont have here in the states!

(or select me as the winner of this contest!)

[quote name='CheapyD']You must post something about Japan, [/QUOTE]

I speak Japanese (barely)! I use it to ask my Japanese friends for water, directions, et cetera.

So, is Mrs. CheapyD a Japanese citizen? Is that why she's going back?

troy

I understand the hell that is moving! I can't fathom doing one overseas. In fact I just sold my house and had to be out this last Sunday. So a few days of hell and most of my good stuff (good games, ones I brought are mainly the ones my daughter plays) is in storage. I just brought the essentials are here for the apartment.

I understand this is nothing about Japan, but have some compassion for a fellow mover. Think of all the boxes, and big ass furniture, but the worse is the little stuff. You know the stuff you don't know what to do with but you need.

Good luck on your move, and take some time to get organized. So you are not living out of boxes. And let me win some games!

namai wa kschaffuna des. Namai Wa?
english (my name is kschaffner. what is your name?)

i took japanese as a second language until i had to move and my school didnt offer it :bomb: one thing that i would like to go to japan would be the annual penis festival. i know it sounds weird but they say there is a magical wooden penis that goes down the street and if you touch it you will have a good sex life :cool:. there is suckers, icecream and all kinds of goodies shaped like penis' lol. and i would also go to an airsoft shop and get like a m4 carbine woot lol

take care and have fun in japan

kschaffner

Good Luck oner there man thanks for all the great info. Only promotion my wife got was she could drive 10 miles furthur and no raise just a title. LOL

By the way if I win I only want the Xbox goodies. SPlit the oter stuff up with the CAGados.

You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo.

I want to go Japan myself for the anime and video gaming scene. Since they aren't really into FPS in Japan, you should allow me takes those off of your hands for ya. I'd like to see cheapyD do the dances moves on the Tenjou Tenge intro. Its like the Japanese took Hip-Hop and added their own touch.

Pattern CAG on your head with sushi. Of course, unless your head is gigantic (which it's not), you'll need to have one letter per arrangement. So a total of 3 pictures, bird's eye view, of C, A, G. :D It'd make a great headline picture on the CAG site. :D

(Alternately, you don't have to arrange the A using sushi... you can just use a piece of onigiri, which looks like this: http://www.interq.or.jp/gold/photo100/onigiri.jpg)

Then eat the sushi/onigiri with sake, straight from the Ikaruga sake set. :)

Hope you have a good time there!

~Kap

It'd be cool if you made a Gamer's Attraction Guide to Tokyo/Japan. I'm sure those of us who end up there in the future would appreciate it. Or maybe just a guide to food. I'm always interested in the food in other countries...

While in Japan, you should totally visit Akihabara. It was mostly known as the electronic and video game hub. Now you can replace some of your collection after giving some away.

:D

A little post to enter eh? Sounds hawt. The games are nice, but the Castlevania: SotN has me salivating, as the last copy I ever saw was scratched to the point that the stages would turn into strange, pixelated affairs of pink and white. ^_^

So, lessee, while you're in Japan, I don't know what I'd like you to do, but you should definitely be wary of the "kancho, " and other such stuff as detailed here:

http://outpostnine.com/editorials/teacher.html

Though you may have already heard of it. (Old as sin, I think)

I guess you could try doing what my friend was determined to do during our time in Japan(though ultimately, he failed), and that was eat sushi off a naked lady. Or ramen down a bamboo water slide(Which we did do. Much fun.)

Japan is a country in Asia and it is also my sons' nickname in spanish "Japon". My son would love to win those games well at least most of them. I would like to see CheapyD sport a shirt or hat saying "YO! I'm CheapyD" but in Japanese writing. OH YEAH! DUFFMAN LIKES THAT!

wow good luck in Japan Cheapy, I'm glad to hear you'll still be checking in on us just as much if not more often that usual. Enjoy being a stay at home husband, it's quite the life ;)

I've got a friend who is now on his mission in Japan. His days consist, on the main, of being molested by old men who invite him in as he's going door-to-door, and then telling me about this. While you're in Japan, I would like to see you be molested by an old man.

hey,

I'd like for you to find what you're looking for over there. my uncle mike will be hanging around kyoto in a few months if you need someone who studies meditation and can drink you under the table. he moved to korea about 15 years ago becuase his star chart (very serious stuff in my family) said he'd grow as a person over in the eastern regions. I'm gonna try make it into to korea and stop in kyoto and maybe tokyo sometime early 06.

and remember the most important word in hirogana( if they haven't changed it by now) PI-ZA

hey,

I'd like for you to find what you're looking for over there. my uncle mike will be hanging around kyoto in a few months if you need someone who studies meditation and can drink you under the table. he moved to korea about 15 years ago becuase his star chart (very serious stuff in my family) said he'd grow as a person over in the eastern regions. I'm gonna try make it into to korea and stop in kyoto and maybe tokyo sometime early 06.

and remember the most important word in hirogana( if they haven't changed it by now) PI-ZA

You must post something about Japan, winning my games, or what you would like to see me do (for your amusement) once I am living in Tokyo. '

well you asked for it, i guess i'm going to have to go for the trifecta then.

Japan is a wonderful country, if you have never been there before you're in for quite an experience, but it will likely be all positive minus the higher than expected (at least for me) language barrier and the possiblity that you'll be haunted by some creepy ass ghosts if you walk into the wrong house.

Something i would absolutely love to see you do when you arrive in Tokyo is one of three things (you can do this for BOTH out amusements), A)go to mcdonalds/pizza hut and order something you have never seen on an american menu (toast/sloppy joe burger, tuna/mayo pizza), B)go to a Robatayaki restaraunt and order beer until the crazy way they serve it makes you physicially giddy or C)wake up at 6AM and go to the Sukiji fish market where over 90% of japans fish comes through and eat Sushi for breakfast (some of the best sushi places are there and they are only open for breakfast, because that is the freshest fish you will ever eat, seeing as they just walk across the street and get it).

as for your video games........they will be mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back