Direct2Drive Spring Sale - Week 4

jboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
261 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]13894[/IMG-R]Direct2Drive.com is kicking off their first annual Spring Sale featuring four weeks of deals on PC games and game bundles. The Spring Sale runs through May 9, 2010, with new discounted games launching each Monday morning.

In addition to the sale, get $15 in store credit when you spend $75 during the Spring Sale.

d2d.gif
Direct2Drive Spring Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='airwalke']I'm running Ultimate (Expert Zone ftw :lol:), and I tried running it under every Compatibility Mode available, ran it both as an admin and not admin, and tried turning off Aero to see if it was having issues with that. Nothing.

D2D did refund my purchase though, which was a plus. Thank goodness the game didn't ask for my activation code during the installation though, otherwise from what it sounded like from the Customer Service rep, I would have been SOL.[/QUOTE]

XP Mode wont ever run diablo 1. Virtual box will.

Picked up Guild Wars as I only ever played the original and never got around to picking up the other ones.

Fairly meh week again. Decent deals but nothing splooge worthy.

[quote name='sniping_dreamer']Wow Aaaa! A Reckless Disregard for Gravity for $1.95? HIGHLY recommended. It plays weirdly, but it's a ton of fun.[/QUOTE]

What is it?

BoysDon'tCry;7097644 said:
What is it?
It's BASE-jumping to the extreme. You get points for getting "Hugs" (flying close to buildings for a long period of time.) and "Kisses" (flying close to buildings but much quicker), Flipping Off/Thumbs Upping spectators (which are specially marked), spray painting buildings (also specially marked), and landing safely (which is tricky into itself).

The sense of speed is great, and your mind is constantly warping to keep up with the different things you have to do, especially in the later levels.

Such as your literally inches away from buildings, having to plan your next move to get the maximum kisses, all the while looking at the colors of the spectators to see if you flip them off/thumbs up them, spray painting, AND trying not to land on a building. It gets quite intense.

I'm thinking of picking up kotor for $5 since it looks like it'll run on my netbook. Played the game ages ago on xbox and I think it would be fun to pick up again.

[quote name='sniping_dreamer']Wow Aaaa! A Reckless Disregard for Gravity for $1.95? HIGHLY recommended. It plays weirdly, but it's a ton of fun.[/QUOTE]
I agree. I grabbed it for $5 a while ago, and it already felt like a steal at that price.

Any thoughts on Eufloria?

[quote name='Archfiend']For som reason it will only show me the week 1 deals, I think it's bugged.[/QUOTE]

what deals are you seeing? Mine says week1 on the top but it's a new set of deals including GTA IV.. do you see that?

i'm still not sure about the service from d2d as a whole? I've read some stuff about them and I would really like to get some of the games on sale, but does anyone know how it compares to steam ? I was wanting to get dirt 2 and tropico reloaded.

I always said I'd get KOTOR on PC for < $5, and I'm a man of my word. If I want to replay it, it'd probably be better to do it that way than bust out the Xbox version. I imagine graphics/control/loading will be better.

Also got Aaaaaa! Heard good things about that.

[quote name='hordak']"The Path" looks cool. Any thoughts on that one?[/QUOTE]
Probably one of the weirdest "games" I ever played. You're basically roaming around a forest as one of several sisters. Each one has specific items/areas to interact with. It's about hitting certain spots to open up areas and eventually get to grandma's.

The narrative is very open-ended -- essentially leaving you to craft it yourself. The graphics are very artistic and the music is hauntingly charming. Definitely for late-nights with headphones, though not necessarily "scary."

I enjoyed it when I picked it up from a Steam Indie sale; it was the first game I played of the 15 included, and I completed it. Definitely not for everyone, though. It's confusing and can be considered boring to those who aren't very patient. You walk very slowly -- even when you optimize it for your PC's capabilities.

[quote name='Max_Payne22']I picked up Manhunt 2, since this is the AO version of the game.[/QUOTE]

I forgot that d2d had the uncensored version. Thanks for the reminder. I actually liked the first one for some odd reason.

Anyone heard anything about Fallen Earth? The "build everything you use" mechanic sounds cool.

[quote name='squishface']i'm still not sure about the service from d2d as a whole? I've read some stuff about them and I would really like to get some of the games on sale, but does anyone know how it compares to steam ? I was wanting to get dirt 2 and tropico reloaded.[/QUOTE]

I've bought maybe 10 or so games from D2D over the past year and I've never had any problems with them. Steam is still king but D2D is the second best digital distribution service in my opinion.

[quote name='sniping_dreamer']It's BASE-jumping to the extreme. You get points for getting "Hugs" (flying close to buildings for a long period of time.) and "Kisses" (flying close to buildings but much quicker), Flipping Off/Thumbs Upping spectators (which are specially marked), spray painting buildings (also specially marked), and landing safely (which is tricky into itself).

The sense of speed is great, and your mind is constantly warping to keep up with the different things you have to do, especially in the later levels.

Such as your literally inches away from buildings, having to plan your next move to get the maximum kisses, all the while looking at the colors of the spectators to see if you flip them off/thumbs up them, spray painting, AND trying not to land on a building. It gets quite intense.[/QUOTE]

The short version - It's a falling sim, like a flight sim, but where the only accelleration is gravity.

this is crazy! a month ago i was sooo tempted to get Manhunt2 but i was like ehhh 20 bucks i dont know. 5 bucks straight up! sold.

[quote name='watcher0']The short version - It's a falling sim, like a flight sim, but where the only accelleration is gravity.[/QUOTE]

With the caveat for anyone put off by thoughts of hardcore difficulty from the word "sim". Aaaaaa! is very much a fun arcade-style game. Its all about racking up big points, not tweaking the physics engine.

I've found this game to be a surprisingly fun two player game, hot-seat style. "There, 80700 points! Beat that, buddy!" followed swiftly by "Goddamnit, 94000 points? You bastard -- give me the keyboard!"

By yourself or with friends it truly is an excellent game and at $2 it's a total steal.

Everyone get Aaaaaa! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity. It's the bee's knees.

anyone else notice that d2d has copied the most recent steam weekend sale? Star Wars:TFU the ultimate sith edition is $15 this week. i didn't bite then, i won't bite now.

[quote name='Homerun17']They bumped up AAAAAAAAAAA's price to 5 bucks D:. I was going to get it at 2...[/QUOTE]

Wow, that sucks.

At $5, I'll just wait for Steam to do an eventual sale on it, since it has full Steam integration.

[quote name='TheVandit']do mods work with the D2D versions?
I would like to pick up GTAIV, Fallout 3 and Dirt 2[/QUOTE]
Some do and some don't. What I have seen that does work with Steam and most D2D versions is to replace the standard .exe with a "special" one. Had to do that with KoToR to get the widescreen fix to work.
[quote name='80473Y3']anyone else notice that d2d has copied the most recent steam weekend sale? Star Wars:TFU the ultimate sith edition is $15 this week. i didn't bite then, i won't bite now.[/QUOTE]
I think the PC version of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed get's a really bad rap. It's definitely not the best PC game ever and isn't the best port ever. It is still very fun to play and as long as you have the system for it, it looks/runs great. Size is a bit excessive though.

As much as I want GTA 4, I think I'll wait for Steam to put it on sale since it has been making the rounds at the DD sites. First $15 on GFWL, now $7.50 on D2D... only a matter of time.

Not as exciting a week for me as the first one... just Supreme Commander Gold for me, I think, since they raised the price on AAAAA.

Are Infernal, Men of War and Men of War: Red Tide any good? I did some metacritic research, but I'm still on the fence. Does anyone know how different the Infernal "uncensored" edition is from the regular version (both versions are M)? The metacritic reviews on it are mixed and if the regular is basically the same, I'd rather spend half of the price on a hard copy.

holy freaking crap guys it's the AO uncensored version of manhunt 2 for five bucks! i bought this way back when for 30 and it was worth it. it's a steal at five. if you have another fiver laying around, i'd say grab the path along with it. but everybody needs to get manhunt 2.

Okay, so I'm tempted to buy KOTOR. I've never played it before, but I've heard great things about it since its release. I have a question, though: Does the game have any Windows 7 compatibility issues? Also, is it different enough from Mass Effect (which I loved) that it won't feel repetitive, or as if I've played it before?

And finally, is this the best price I can expect to get the game for in the foreseeable future?

I just found my GW: Eyes of the North expansion that I bought cheap and haven't even played...even though my friends stopped playing I'm still tempted to get the Trilogy and have me some mission fun.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Probably one of the weirdest "games" I ever played. You're basically roaming around a forest as one of several sisters. Each one has specific items/areas to interact with. It's about hitting certain spots to open up areas and eventually get to grandma's.

The narrative is very open-ended -- essentially leaving you to craft it yourself. The graphics are very artistic and the music is hauntingly charming. Definitely for late-nights with headphones, though not necessarily "scary."

I enjoyed it when I picked it up from a Steam Indie sale; it was the first game I played of the 15 included, and I completed it. Definitely not for everyone, though. It's confusing and can be considered boring to those who aren't very patient. You walk very slowly -- even when you optimize it for your PC's capabilities.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I will probably pick this up along with Manhunt 2.

Whoa, this is awful - Aaaa! is now $4.95 when it was $1.95 hours earlier. I was going to buy it too, and, now, I'm going to pass. I wanted to support an Indie Developer too. (Unfortunately, I'm a CAG first.)

$1.95 was the ideal price, D2D; You blew it.

BoysDon'tCry;7098865]Okay said:
KOTOR is much different from ME. Watch gameplay videos but KOTOR's combat is more pseudo realtime. more World of Warcraft like in how attacks and things are on cooldowns and delays. not sure about win7 compatibility issues, i played it on xbox 1.

and this will probably the best price for KOTOR untill may be GoG.com's christmas sale.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Whoa, this is awful - Aaaa! is now $4.95 when it was $1.95 hours earlier. I was going to buy it too, and, now, I'm going to pass. I wanted to support an Indie Developer too. (Unfortunately, I'm a CAG first.)

$1.95 was the ideal price, D2D; You blew it.[/QUOTE]

Get a job.
Work for 20 minutes.
Deposit your check.
Stop whining.

Please.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't speak as to the D2D version, but the Steam version runs just fine on my Win7 Ultimate 64-bit install. There isn't a difference in the core of the game, just the exe if I remember correctly.

bread's done
Back