Disgaea 2 Pre-Order Deal Through NIS *Sets Shipping*

hohez

CAGiversary!
http://www.nisamerica.com/news/20060720.html

Are you enjoying the summer season? Well get ready to turn up the heat on those summertime blues! Yes! Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories is primed to take the gaming world by storm one short month from now! Are you ready for it?
As you already know, NIS America always has something very special for you when you pre order our games. But, this time we are afraid we may exceed your expectations! For Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories, we have prepared a Limited edition Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories pre-order sets for you!
We'll be packing in the Japanese Limited edition Disgaea™ 2: Cursed Memories Art Book and Disgaea™ Manga, freshly from Japan!

You won't find a deal like this anywhere else! You'll have to check out the NIS America Online Store to get in on our incredible offer! The Pre-order will begin on August 1st at 10am PST! NIS America is very excited to provide this fantastic collectibles to our best fans!

Attention! The Disgaea™2 Art Book is limited to 1000 copies. So, Don't miss this chance to get your hands on it!

Here are the actual sets:

Disgaea 2 Complete Set $74.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Disgaea Manga
Disgaea 2 Strategy Guide
Art Book
Prinny Cursor
Manual Download
Best of Disgaea 2 Soundtrack

Disgaea 2 Gamer Set $65.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Disgaea 2 Guide
Art Book
Soundtrack
Prinny Cursor
Manual Download

Disgaea 2 By Itself $49.99
Disgaea 2 Game
Soundtrack
Manual Download
Prinny Cursor

It starts August 1 at 12 noon Central time.

Heres the front/spine/back cover of the official guide:

Also if you don't want to wait for the guide, or you don't want to spend $75, you can Pre-Order the guide through Doublejumps website and get a free upgrade to priority shipping by using the code d2pre.

http://djbooks.easystorecreator.com/Browse_Item_Details.asp/Item_ID/792514/categ_id/1/parent_ids/0,1/Name/Disgaea_2_Cursed_Memories:_The_Official_Strategy_Guide_bPre-Orderb

Guide ships from Doublejump on August 22. So this way you could get the 650 page monster a week early.

[quote name='gunm']That's true, thanks for pointing that out. Oh well, I took one for the team and placed an order just now at NIS on top of the DJ one--my order is past 3846 so I believe anyone who hasn't ordered yet is SOL. I already know there are folks who ordered more than one and who knows how many went up to the limit per person, so I believe the art books are all accounted for.

Since the shipping @NIS is cheaper than DJ, I'm in the process of trying to cancel the DJ one.

Gah, I should've kept trying to order at NIS before pulling the trigger @DJ. :bomb:[/quote]

I just did the exact same thing. I think my order number was around 3870. I also just shot DJ an email asking to cancel my order, in addition to the slightly cheaper shipping, I also wanted the NISA points. I doubt I am getting the art book either way.

So did I, and I just got this now:

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for pre-ordering Disgaea 2. Your Set will still include the
artbook, and we have not run out yet from our Online Store. Thank you
for your support.

NIS America, Inc.

I just ordered maybe 20 mins ago..go get 'em while they're still around!!

[quote name='Chacrana']Glanced at the manual... uhmm... wow. I think I'll love this game. There's so much shit to it that you could practically live in the Disgaea world for months.[/QUOTE]

i hope its as good or better then the first one. I put in around 140 hours into the first game before i finally gave in and sold it off . I still have one Sealed with sticker on top But i doubt i ever open it.

[quote name='One More Roverry']So did I, and I just got this now:

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for pre-ordering Disgaea 2. Your Set will still include the
artbook, and we have not run out yet from our Online Store. Thank you
for your support.

NIS America, Inc.

I just ordered maybe 20 mins ago..go get 'em while they're still around!![/QUOTE]

humm...
interesting.
that goods to hear for those who haven't order one.
my order # is 3682 so I'm getting an artbook
:)

what did NIS say...the first how many orders will get the art book??

and should I go through NIS or perhaps try doublejump since the site doesn't have as much traffic

Ok well I'm not sure if anyone was able to get an anwser on this before but I don't remeber seeing one, so if you were looking to get NIS points from making a DJ purchase the answer is apperantly that they cannot give them to you for a purchase from Double Jump.

Dear Scott,

We're very sorry about the congestion on our Online Store this morning. Thank you for purchasing the Disgaea 2 Set.

Since you have ordered from Double Jump, they will be the ones sending you the manual and cursor. Most likely, you should have received it with your confirmation by now.

As for the Online Store points, sadly we cannot give them to you since they are directly connected with Onfulfillment (our Online Store).

We apologize, and thank you for your patience.

NIS America, Inc.

PeaceOut->
icebeast

I emailed NIS about my bad online ordering experience and received the following response:

"Dear Gunm,

First of all, we are truly sorry for the trouble you have experienced
at our
online store. We are also very upset about the way this process had
been
handled, so we will make sure to try our best to solve this situation.

As for your order, you did order Disgaea2 Gamer Set WITH bonus items
including the artbook. The artbook is not shown on your confirmation
form,
but we guarantee that you receive the artbook with your order.

Again, we apologize for your trouble, we truly appreciate your support.

Sincerely,

Online Store Manager,
NIS America, Inc."

I guess if you order from NIS direct and your order says "with artbook", then by gum, you're getting an artbook. Sounds fair to me, and I ordered pretty late compared to others in this thread.

I must add that NIS responded lightning quick to my email--they are definitely aware of the frustration/confusion about the pre-orders and they are feeling it, too.

Now I gotta get my DJ order canceled. Doh.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']what did NIS say...the first how many orders will get the art book??

and should I go through NIS or perhaps try doublejump since the site doesn't have as much traffic[/QUOTE]

Artbook is already gone at this point from both sites.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']what did NIS say...the first how many orders will get the art book??

and should I go through NIS or perhaps try doublejump since the site doesn't have as much traffic[/quote]

The art book was going to be avaliable to the first 1000 orders.

At this point if you want the art book your only hope is going to be through the NIS store as Double Jump was out of art books at around 10:45am apperantly (They only got part of the total allotment). It sounds like there is still a chance that you might get one ordering from NIS as people have recieved responses that they still have them but I'm sure its hard to approximate how many orders could have occured between now and when they recieved that information... so bascially if you want one your best bet is to order now and through the NIS store and even then there is a good chance that the artbooks are all gone.

PeaceOut->
icebeast

Man i was going to order this but i totally forgot. With my new job and all I havent been on the site as much as usual and just totally forgot....oh well.

[quote name='icebeast']The art book was going to be avaliable to the first 1000 orders.

At this point if you want the art book your only hope is going to be through the NIS store as Double Jump was out of art books at around 10:45am apperantly (They only got part of the total allotment). It sounds like there is still a chance that you might get one ordering from NIS as people have recieved responses that they still have them but I'm sure its hard to approximate how many orders could have occured between now and when they recieved that information... so bascially if you want one your best bet is to order now and through the NIS store and even then there is a good chance that the artbooks are all gone.

PeaceOut->
icebeast[/QUOTE]

I emailed NIS, and this is the response I received:

"Thank you very much for taking your time to contact us, NIS America,
Inc.

As for your inquiry, you are guaranteed to receive all of the bonus
items
including the art book.

For your information, once we are out of art book, the Disgaea set with
art
book will not be available on online store anymore.

If you have further concerns or questions, please feel free to e-mail
us.
We appreciate for your continuance support.
Sincerely,

Online Store Manager,

NIS America, Inc."

So as long as the item still lists the artbook as a bonus item, it's guaranteed. Maybe they left a 0 off of that number. ;)

yeah I hope it was meant for the first 10,000 pre orders...

my internet is acting up (damn heat) and my mom wouldn't want to order this stuff for me now since she has to sleep and go to work tomorrow...

hopefully I can order this later tomorrow

Gah. It's out. =( Shucks.

Wait, so since it still says it, I'd get it? >_>

[qoute]Item Description Qty Price Line Total
COMPSET-DIS2 DISGAEA 2 COMPLETE SET * 1 $74.99 $74.99
* Current inventory levels are insufficient to cover this item,
but will be shipped as soon as possible.[/quote]

I'm confused. But chances are I feel like I'm OOL.

By what was said in the email that Falion posted. It would seem that there are still copies of the Art Book Left. I can still see Art Book under "Included Bonus Items:" and I can add it to the cart at 10:30 Pm EST. So I think order if your want it as there is still a chance.

Megaman3k I think that is the error everyone got. I got it and I have a low order number. (3515) From what Falion posted it. They would take the Art book off the Bonus Item list when they don't have more.

[quote name='MegaMan3k']Gah. It's out. =( Shucks.

Wait, so since it still says it, I'd get it? >_>

Item Description Qty Price Line Total
COMPSET-DIS2 DISGAEA 2 COMPLETE SET * 1 $74.99 $74.99
* Current inventory levels are insufficient to cover this item,
but will be shipped as soon as possible.

I'm confused. But chances are I feel like I'm OOL.[/quote]

It's been giving that message for people all day, I think everyone figures it just means that it is a pre-order so I think chances are from that previous post that since the site still lists the art book that you will get one if you order now from the NIS store.

PeaceOut->
icebeast

I just ordered (3959). I'll e-mail and ask if I'll receive the art book. If not I'll probably cancel.

(I got the Gamer package)

[quote name='icebeast']It's been giving that message for people all day, I think everyone figures it just means that it is a pre-order so I think chances are from that previous post that since the site still lists the art book that you will get one if you order now from the NIS store.

PeaceOut->
icebeast[/QUOTE]
Exactly. That message is only referring to the pre-order status - not the bonus items. You're guaranteed whatever is listed with the item. Once the artbook is sold out, it will no longer be listed as a bonus for preordering the game.

It looks like everyone is more interested in the artbook than the game and the soundtrack :lol: Let's hope the quality of the artbook will not disappoint us.

I'm far more interested in the soundtrack than the art book... but the sheer limited-ness of the artbook makes it the thing worth talking about right now.

would the only pre-order bonus item that runs out be the art thing? or is there a chance the soundtrack will run out too?

I'd like to order the Gamer Set but will have to wait till tomorrow to ask my mom...I should get a credit card

would the only pre-order bonus item that runs out be the art thing? or is there a chance the soundtrack will run out too?

I'd like to order the Gamer Set but will have to wait till tomorrow to ask my mom...I should get a credit card ;)

Only the art book was limited to a select number of copies. Though I'd expect these bundles to disappear when the game comes out.

[quote name='Chacrana']I'm far more interested in the soundtrack than the art book... but the sheer limited-ness of the artbook makes it the thing worth talking about right now.[/quote]

Same here. I am guessing the art book is going to be along the lines of the Makai Kingdom one, which was nothing special at all.

It's more the principle than the actual item. I'm sure it's not all that special, but still, if I'm going to spend that kind of $$ for a bundle, I want it all! :)

From an email I just got a few minutes ago, they still have the sets available:

Dear Paul

Thank you very much for taking your time to contact us, NIS America, Inc.
We are very sorry for the trouble you have experienced.
We have checked our system; however we have not able to locate any order
that was made under your e-mail address.

In regards to the reason of this error massage, we assume that many number
of people tried to submit the order at the exactly the same time, and this
may the reason why.
At this moment, the traffic to our site has gone down, so I suggest you to
place an order again.

We deeply apologize for the trouble.

Also, I would like to point out that you may see the amount on your credit
card statement; however, please aware that your credit card only captured
the amount, so this means that the transaction is not final. Since we do not
confirm your order here, the transaction will not be complete and the
captured amount will be credit back to you within 2-3 business days.
Also note that you will not be charged until we ship your order.

We still have plenty of Disgaea sets, so it is not too late for you to place
another order.

Again, we are very sorry for the trouble.

If you have further concerns or questions, please feel free to contact us
anytime.
We appreciate your continuance support.

Sincerely,

Online Store Manager,

NIS America, Inc.
I just placed a preorder for the complete $75 set.

Has anyone here figured out how to redeem the points over at the NIS store?
1000 points is suppose to take off $10.
I email them and they said that explained "The way it works is that there should be an place to check (or click) after place an order, when you check out. It should say "redeem points" or "use points".
BUT I don''t see anything to check or click to redeem the points anywhere on the site.
Am I really stupid (not being able to follow simple instruction) or is NIS full of crap (making stuff up just to drive me crazy)?

I think it that not a lot of people are preorder but the ones that wanted to crashed the site at 10 am EST and kept crashing it. The lastest order number that have been posted is (3959). Most people are only ordering one (this is my guess). From what someone posted, order number started at 3400s which would put the order to 4400s that is if all 1000 are for NIS store but there were some to DJ. DJ I think was 124 so that leaves 876. So saying that it was limited really just made the ordering at 10 am pst a horror with 400 - 500 people hammering the site thinking that they would not get the Artbook. it sucks that I was trying for about 1.5 hours and find out that I could of waited a couple of hours and got in with no problem and still get the book.

Like most of you said, this was a bad plan but now that it over I have to say it was fun.

There was a lot more interest in this pre-order than I expected, so I was not able to fully prepare for this kind of rush.

What BS... they take a sequel to their most popular game, they add in an artbook they say is limited to *only* 1,000 copies, and there "was alot more interested than I expected" and "I was not able to fully prepare".

:roll:

Thanks "Online Store Manager".

Looks like the 1000 copies of artbooks was just hype... they still have them available for preorder. Maybe it is more like, 1000 per set.:roll: I'm going to be pissed if I find out I paid full price for this because I know this game won't be in limited runs like the first one was.

The email I got from DJ said that even though they've received my order, they'll have to check to make sure they have enough to go around.

Just got an email from DJ (the guy must be workin' some serious overtime) and they informed me that I did order in time to get an art book. It wasn't an automated email either which is kinda funny because this guy's gonna be writing a lotta emails.

Well anyway, check your inboxes sometime to see if a winner is you.

[quote name='Chacrana']Just got an email from DJ (the guy must be workin' some serious overtime) and they informed me that I did order in time to get an art book. It wasn't an automated email either which is kinda funny because this guy's gonna be writing a lotta emails.

Well anyway, check your inboxes sometime to see if a winner is you.[/QUOTE]

Yep, just got that same email, you beat me to the punch ;)

But yea, that dude is definitely working some crazy serious overtime, I'm impressed. A big shoutout to Martin, who actually has a name unlike "Online Store Manager". NIS sucks, Doublejump rules.

Can't fault a guy with a name close to mine...

Just wanted to let you know that your order came in time to get one
of the art books.

Regards,
Martin

Makes all the pain and suffering of attempting to go through the NIS website that much sweeter. I think I'll spend some more money and order the original Disgaea guide now.

OK wtf I just got done ordering from NIS america, receieved the email confirmation and now it is gone and I did not delete it!!

[quote name='Chacrana']Who names their kid "Online Store Manager?"

Seriously... does this guy not have a name?[/quote]

Ha ha ha! But honestly, would you want to leave your name after something like this?

And as for DJ---damn, no wonder I didn't get a response to my cancelation email yet. I sure hope they let Martin go home from the sweatshop so he can tackle my request with fresh eyes. I'd hate to have to file a dispute with my CC because DJ is too cheap to hire more CSRs.

Then again, if he's still up...why the hell aren't you responding to my email??? :)

Hmm, I got the initial confirm from DJ, but not the 'you got an artbook' email. I ordered around 12:15pm CST, which would translate to 10:15am PST, meaning I should be getting an artbook, but until it is at my front door, I won't hold my breath.

bread's done
Back