Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
The Toy Box mode additions make the first game look downright primitive by comparison.

Personally, I can't wait to give Marvel Universe weapons to Disney characters. If you thought the lightsaber was ridiculous you ain't seen nuthin' yet.

Really hoping to get the original playsets playable on the PS4 version. Would love better performance especially in the framerate department, even if the visuals aren't any more complex.

I was expecting there to be a Marvel playset, not for the whole game to be Marvel.  I just watched two grown men pretend we've never been able to play as Marvel characters in a video game before.

Really hoping to get the original playsets playable on the PS4 version. Would love better performance especially in the framerate department, even if the visuals aren't any more complex.
They already said our old figures and playsets will work in the new game.

I was expecting there to be a Marvel playset, not for the whole game to be Marvel. I just watched two grown men pretend we've never been able to play as Marvel characters in a video game before.
This event just focuses on Marvel, but the entire game isn't Marvel. They announced that there with be other Disney characters that aren't Marvel announced soon (probably E3).

They already said our old figures and playsets will work in the new game.
No, they most certainly did not. I was listening very carefully and at no point did they mention "playsets." They mentioned everything else: toy boxes, power discs and figures, but "playsets" was very specifically absent.

This event just focuses on Marvel, but the entire game isn't Marvel. They announced that there with be other Disney characters that aren't Marvel announced soon (probably E3).
The game is flat out subtitled Marvel Super Heroes and the starter pack only comes with the Avenger playset. I think the DIsney characters they release will just be standalone ToyBox only figures. The playsets will probably be Guardians of the Galaxy and Spider-man.

Literally, this might break it for me. I was determined to collect them all (I have even been bidding on auctions for the d23 mickey) but if this is mainly focused on the marvel stuff, I am out. It's not that I don't like marvel but it's that I wanted more variety.

They aren't abandoning the Disney stuff going forward, they're just focusing on Marvel for this release. They'll do the same with Star Wars and Muppets eventually. 

Literally, this might break it for me. I was determined to collect them all (I have even been bidding on auctions for the d23 mickey) but if this is mainly focused on the marvel stuff, I am out. It's not that I don't like marvel but it's that I wanted more variety.
People keep skipping over what they announced. Today was a Marvel based announcement, but they stated that new Disney characters would be announced in the future. Expect something at E3 and a few other events in the summer.

People keep skipping over what they announced. Today was a Marvel based announcement, but they stated that new Disney characters would be announced in the future. Expect something at E3 and a few other events in the summer.
People on the Internet leaping to unwarranted conclusions? Say it isn't so! :rofl:

Overall, I am pretty happy with what they announced.  Highlights for me:

Playsets can be played online!  (It would be nice if this extended back to DI 1.0 playsets, but that's not clear)

Better/more powerful toy box editing features

Avengers playset

Full backwards compatibility with existing hardware (not sure if playsets are included)

I'm wondering how they are going to handle playsets in the starter pack, since DI1 included three.  It would be strange if there was only one included.

Bought.  All of it. Bought and bought again.  DI2 looks just killer!  My son and I are going to geek out over these and even my daughter will dig Black Widow!  Can't wait.

Did they say anything about local 4 player co-op? I stepped away for a few minutes during the stream. That would put this so far ahead of skylanders in my house if that were the case.

Did they say anything about local 4 player co-op? I stepped away for a few minutes during the stream. That would put this so far ahead of skylanders in my house if that were the case.
I think they nwver mention anything about it. Wish this is the case. But since the original base is compatible to the 2.0 i doubt 4 player offline co-op is possible. Unless you can plug and use 2 bases.

Oh man, wonder what the prices will be and if there will be a version without the base (and if the old base will work on Xbox One or not....)

Well, Stitch, Maleficent, and Merida were all hidden in the trailer, so there's that!

I want Donald and goofy! C'mon! I mean, don't get me wrong, I loved the first one and this will be sweet. But DISNEY!! Where's classic disney?

I want Donald and goofy! C'mon! I mean, don't get me wrong, I loved the first one and this will be sweet. But DISNEY!! Where's classic disney?

No, they most certainly did not. I was listening very carefully and at no point did they mention "playsets." They mentioned everything else: toy boxes, power discs and figures, but "playsets" was very specifically absent.
I'm so confused now. It'll be a big miss if they aren't forward compatible.

Don't know if I'm going to get this. I heard them say something about Disney elements, but that doesn't seem like characters. More like power discs and locations.

I was hoping Disney infinity 2 would start classic Disney. Alice in Wonderland, Jungle Book etc and add Marvel/Star Wars as playsets, not the games main theme :(

I specifically heard them say that besides the 6 Marvel characters they showed yesterday,  there would be more than a dozen others. So don't give up on Disney characters just yet.

If I want Marvel characters and dungeon crawling, I still have my PS2 copy of Ultimate Alliance (or X-Men Legends uno and dos). I do like the figures (Thor for sure), and that's the part that hooked me with the first Infinity, so I'm sure Disney will still haunt my bank account. I was hoping for more classic Disney though, and not Acquired Disney, because that's what keeps my wife interested. Until Star Wars anyway... then she'll jump back in, especially if there's Ewoks. I need a Luke from Return to be sold.

In the Marvel trailer, you can see both Stitch and Maleficient, so I'm gonna guess that they'll be figures. Probably gonna get a princess Aurora, too. Disney won't want to alienate all the girl players with all these superheroes. You'll get your Disney stuff.

Sleeping Beauty BD supposedly is coming out of the vault this year, and of course Maleficent is going to be out. Wouldn't be too surprising if there's a big Sleeping Beauty push in DI.

I was hoping that 2.0 would force the price down of the starter pack... does that still look like reality??  

I really don't want to pay $50 for a starter pack....  and the kids will never know it is a generation late... hahah  

I was hoping that 2.0 would force the price down of the starter pack... does that still look like reality??

I really don't want to pay $50 for a starter pack.... and the kids will never know it is a generation late... hahah
A new starter pack (I.e. a big box that takes up store shelf space) is going to mean lowered prices/sales on the old version to make room for the new.

I really don't want to pay $50 for a starter pack.... and the kids will never know it is a generation late... hahah
It's been in the mid 30s before. Wal-Mart even had the PS3 mispriced for $18 on at least one occasion last year. So...yeah, I can't see why you'd pay $50, it'll drop again in price.

How are all of these cheap playset codes available online?  They are $3!!  

Can one person have the figures and another have the online code?  In effect 2 people are using the sets?  Confused....  

How are all of these cheap playset codes available online? They are $3!!

Can one person have the figures and another have the online code? In effect 2 people are using the sets? Confused....
Not sure what the benefit of the codes are. You cannot play any of the play sets without the physical playset piece.

How are all of these cheap playset codes available online? They are $3!!

Can one person have the figures and another have the online code? In effect 2 people are using the sets? Confused....

Not sure what the benefit of the codes are. You cannot play any of the play sets without the physical playset piece.
If you are talking about the little cards with the characters and a code on them...they are for the PC version of Infinity. They unlock the characters in the computer version of the game. They don't have anything to do with playing it on your PS3, Xbox or whatever as far as I know.

If you are talking about the little cards with the characters and a code on them...they are for the PC version of Infinity. They unlock the characters in the computer version of the game. They don't have anything to do with playing it on your PS3, Xbox or whatever as far as I know.
The codes work for the iPad version, as well. But no, they have no effect on the console versions.

The codes work for the iPad version, as well. But no, they have no effect on the console versions.
That is what I wanted to know!!! So these codes are legit. I don't care about the toy characters... they will just collect dust. hehe

Well, if any of you have the cards to sell, I will buy the codes. You can keep the card. hehe

I have gotten a TON of emails from you guys. (Which is great.) The market for these codes is incredibly low. I just paid $1 for the starter set code... (3 characters...) Sorry...

Disney infinity playsets works on b1g1 50% at bestbuy today! Should have ordered my sets this morning would have been a better deal!! Wwaaaahh

Disney infinity playsets works on b1g1 50% at bestbuy today! Should have ordered my sets this morning would have been a better deal!! Wwaaaahh
Huh, I checked that sale online yesterday but saw no mention of Disney Infinity stuff, just a handful of 360 and PS3 titles I have no interest in.

Huh, I checked that sale online yesterday but saw no mention of Disney Infinity stuff, just a handful of 360 and PS3 titles I have no interest in.
It wasnt mentioned but like what the actual site said, the 100 items were not all inclusive, you can search for other ps3 and 360 titles that may be part. The playsets were part of it. Even after the glitch fix buying 2 playsets nets you one playsets 50% off.

I am interested in buying web codes if anyone would like to sell them. Looking for any crystals besides Buzz and Lightning McQueen. I can do Paypal or Amazon GC. Just pm me. Thanks

I'm debating doing that Groupon deal for 360.
My four-year-old loves Frozen (of course) and we bought her Anna and Elsa. The drought in Frozeb merch meant they were good substitutes for toys. Then we bought her Rapuzel since she likes Tangled. Now she wants Venelope and Ralph.
I told her I would look for a deal on the game. I am leaving the country in a couple hours and won't be back until the end of summer. My 360 is going with me too, so even though they will be delivered at home, she can't play the game until I get back.
I'm sure there will be deals here and there throughout the summer but not many I could take advantage of if they were in-store only. So it seems like it is a smart bet to buy this, because it still seems like it would be a decent deal even in August.

I'm debating doing that Groupon deal for 360.
My four-year-old loves Frozen (of course) and we bought her Anna and Elsa. The drought in Frozeb merch meant they were good substitutes for toys. Then we bought her Rapuzel since she likes Tangled. Now she wants Venelope and Ralph.
I told her I would look for a deal on the game. I am leaving the country in a couple hours and won't be back until the end of summer. My 360 is going with me too, so even though they will be delivered at home, she can't play the game until I get back.
I'm sure there will be deals here and there throughout the summer but not many I could take advantage of if they were in-store only. So it seems like it is a smart bet to buy this, because it still seems like it would be a decent deal even in August.
It's certainly not terrible, but with Cars being the weakest of the sets (and it's been $15 before), the discs being random, and the Starter having been ~$35 before, I dunno. Maybe if they had packaged a better set with it and threw in a character vs. a disc pack.

One of my local Best Buy stores is clearing out the figure display case 3-Packs for $5.99 ($10.99 online). TRU clearance is the same price, but having Best Buy credit made the spend easier.

bread's done
Back