Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
So the deals for DI 2.0 aren't looking super great yet. (Walmart nothing really, Target not mentioning it in the ad ending 9/20). I hope TRU has something decent or that Target pulls a 'last minute' special no one has seen yet. Aside from BB preorder stacking (and I'm not a GCU member) that's a lot of Infinity to buy at or near retail. *sigh*

So the deals for DI 2.0 aren't looking super great yet. (Walmart nothing really, Target not mentioning it in the ad ending 9/20). I hope TRU has something decent or that Target pulls a 'last minute' special no one has seen yet. Aside from BB preorder stacking (and I'm not a GCU member) that's a lot of Infinity to buy at or near retail. *sigh*
I wouldn't think that they would be in the ad until the following week. They come out 9/23.

The DI deals next week will be the first DI most likely to clear up some shelf space. 9/21's ads will have the 2.0 deals in them. Hoping for another round of 50% off play sets, I want to get the Spider-Man play set for nice and cheap.

AFAIK, the 3ds game is just a collection of minigames and not a game in and of itself.  It has a base with the characters though (wireless).  I never bought it because the reviews were so piss poor.

AFAIK, the 3ds game is just a collection of minigames and not a game in and of itself. It has a base with the characters though (wireless). I never bought it because the reviews were so piss poor.
Definitely DO NOT buy any 3DS version of this game. I made that mistake last year on Black Friday, figured $28 was cheap and I enjoyed the DI game itself. It reminds me allot of Mario Party without any real tie in or flow. The games were broken, entirely not even fun (mash buttons or dodge blocks) and I know my son didn't even play it for more then 45 minutes before he left it in a box never to be touched again.

TRU really needs to have a sale on Infinity 1.0 stuff. Every store I go to has overflowing pegs of figures
Agreed, I went to two different TRU this past week with no sales (besides the 3 for $10) that were overflowing with 1.0 merch. I'm expecting a nice clearance sale in the 9/14 ad hopefully. I need 6 of the crystal figures, so a B2G1 or even B1G1 (wishful thinking) would be great! Then I'll be done with 1.0 figures.

So you can't use power disc on 3ds versions?
The only thing they do is very generic coupon type things. Like +10% health or +10% xp and that is being very generous as I remember most do NOTHING to effect the mini games. There is allot of overlap as well. Several of the discs do the same thing and don't stack.

There is no ToyBox mode, so discs like the items or cars are given dupe abilities on other discs.

Without toybox mode, there is no game really. The 3DS version is 100% the opposite of what DI is on the consoles. Nothing in common what so ever. No worlds, no games, no structure. It was just about playing over and over and raising your stats on characters so you can unlock new mini-games. Huge waste of time.

Hell, I thought I'd google what they do but I can't even find someone who took the time to write out what the discs do on the 3DS. It's THAT bad!

I really tried to talk my son into this but he still wants Skylanders Trap Team for Xmas. I am so sick of Skylanders after the first three games I have paid no mind to any info on Trap Team till now. This would have worked out better since his bday is at the end of this month.

Is there anyplace I can put a partial pre-order down still and get the free figure just in-case I go rouge and get it for him anyway?

Thanks

Gawwwd, I finally broke down, and went with the CE, GCU + Guardians playset, and basic math made me find the value!  *Sigh* I really think the stand looks cool.

Gawwwd, I finally broke down, and went with the CE, GCU + Guardians playset, and basic math made me find the value! *Sigh* I really think the stand looks cool.
I got in on the regular edition when the spiderman playset was free, so that collector's base winds up being a $50 item if my math is right. Which falls into the "cool, but not that cool category."

I really tried to talk my son into this but he still wants Skylanders Trap Team for Xmas. I am so sick of Skylanders after the first three games I have paid no mind to any info on Trap Team till now. This would have worked out better since his bday is at the end of this month.

Is there anyplace I can put a partial pre-order down still and get the free figure just in-case I go rouge and get it for him anyway?

Thanks
Best Buy in-store is a $5 deposit. Same for Gamestop I think. Online, Amazon doesn't charge anything until the item ships.

Question for the Disney Infinity folks - does anyone know which Spider-Man incarnation the characters and playset are most closesly based on?  Would this be the 2012 Ultimate Spider-Man series?

Question for the Disney Infinity folks - does anyone know which Spider-Man incarnation the characters and playset are most closesly based on? Would this be the 2012 Ultimate Spider-Man series?
Yes, it's the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon series, hence why Nova & Iron Fist are figures in the main play set.

Somebody on one of the Infinity Facebook pages said TRU is having a Infinity 2.0 disc trading event on the 27th. One day specials will be 3 for $33 figures and 3 for $10 power disc packs. I think they said the trading event will be from 2:00 to 4:00 but the sale prices will be valid the whole day. 

Somebody on one of the Infinity Facebook pages said TRU is having a Infinity 2.0 disc trading event on the 27th. One day specials will be 3 for $33 figures and 3 for $10 power disc packs. I think they said the trading event will be from 2:00 to 4:00 but the sale prices will be valid the whole day.
Do you have a link to that at all?

I'm just getting around to preordering this for my kids. Is the current best deal (no GCU) Amazon and BB getting a free figure with preorder?

I'm just getting around to preordering this for my kids. Is the current best deal (no GCU) Amazon and BB getting a free figure with preorder?
The best overall non-GCU deal is the Premium Value pack on Amazon. It's $120 but you get the starter pack, Spiderman playset, 3 extra figures (Captain America, Rocket Raccoon and Venom) and a power disc pack.

Basically you get a playset, 2 extra figures and a power disc pack for $45 as compared to the pre-order and get a free figure deal.

If you're only looking for the starter pack right now though, yes, the best deal is getting a free figure with a pre-order from Amazon, Best Buy or Gamestop for $75.

bread's done
Back