Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I don't really want to look through tons of pages here, any deals on the Frozen girls? Those are the last two I need.
will just have to look for deals on the character packs. I have been looking for villains or side kicks on sale but no one seems to have had one of late.

Honestly the best deal is taking advantage of Best Buy's trade in 50% bonus. I traded in some crap games that Best Buy Trade In thread suggested and got double the amount for them. I used that to get Dash and Mickey along with a ten dollar eShop card for "18 dollars" in the amount of stuff I bought from Gamestop. Did had to use the free shipping since Mickey and Dash were sold out in-store.

Will my Xbox 360 usb disc pad work on the X1, PS4, or PC? I really don't want to buy another one. :(
Unfortunately, no
https://infinity.disney.com/compatibility
DISNEY INFINITY BASE

If you have a physical base from Disney Infinity, it will work for Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition) in most cases. The exception is that the Xbox 360 base only works on Xbox 360, and does not work on Xbox One. Neither of the Xbox or 3DS bases work on other platforms.

Unfortunately, no
https://infinity.disney.com/compatibility
DISNEY INFINITY BASE

If you have a physical base from Disney Infinity, it will work for Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition) in most cases. The exception is that the Xbox 360 base only works on Xbox 360, and does not work on Xbox One. Neither of the Xbox or 3DS bases work on other platforms.
I was just coming around to pre-ordering in fact was thinking of not pre-ordering since when I saw their live cast for Infinity 2.0 they said everything would be compatible for the One -- now the link you posted i feel like ive been robbed.

So all base for their own line of consoles work except for 360 to Xbox One -- this is such BS!

I was just thinking of buying the digital version fo the disc and using the base, but I guess I need to pre-order this crap set again.

I was just coming around to pre-ordering in fact was thinking of not pre-ordering since when I saw their live cast for Infinity 2.0 they said everything would be compatible for the One -- now the link you posted i feel like ive been robbed.

So all base for their own line of consoles work except for 360 to Xbox One -- this is such BS!

I was just thinking of buying the digital version fo the disc and using the base, but I guess I need to pre-order this crap set again.
Blame Microsoft, not the Disney Infinity people. XBox 360 peripherals require some kind of authentication in them that makes them incompatible with other systems. Skylanders bases are the same way.

If you need a base, I'm sure there will be plenty of people on here willing to part with their extras for the cost of shipping. I know I'll have an extra one in a week.

Blame Microsoft, not the Disney Infinity people. XBox 360 peripherals require some kind of authentication in them that makes them incompatible with other systems. Skylanders bases are the same way.

If you need a base, I'm sure there will be plenty of people on here willing to part with their extras for the cost of shipping. I know I'll have an extra one in a week.
well after reading some more - xbox one is the only platform which won't have the digital game to download
- so guess stuck buying the starter pack

Generally speaking is it better to get a pre-order or wait for BF for deals on Xbox One vesrion of Infinity?
If you can, wait until Black Friday. Last year starter pack of Skylanders and Disney infinity were on sale for $35. This happen all the time with every different version of Skylanders.

Wow, I didn't know Playsets from 1.0 would not work on 2.0.  That's terrible, so If I make the jump to Next Gen the kids can't use those playsets.  They are starting to screw this up. 

Wow, I didn't know Playsets from 1.0 would not work on 2.0. That's terrible, so If I make the jump to Next Gen the kids can't use those playsets. They are starting to screw this up.
The focus this time is clearly on the toy box, which, after seeing it in action at PAX is not entirely a bad thing. The new toy box tools are really quite amazing and should allow for some great toy box games that people share. That being said, I'm disappointed that there is no classic Disney play set at all this time around and there are only 3 Marvel playsets. Hopefully the scope of the playsets that are included are bigger and more complicated than last time around.

You people and your issues... I guess it's a good thing Infinity 1.0 and 2.0 are both on the Wii U.  Fun times for me.  Guess Wii U won the console pissing war this time.

Or, rather than trying to blame the Dev's for the lack of compatibility, blame the PS4 and XBO for not being backwards compatible, LIKE EVERY PREVIOUS GENERATION WAS (at least for the launch ones.)

It's nice that the digital upgrade is so cheap and all, but is there even any way to get the Avengers playset and those 2 toybox discs separately?  One of them is the Diablo-lite mode that kinda seems like the most interesting thing they put in the game...

Best Buy Pre-Order for PS4 Disney Infinity Toy Box Starter Set price has changed from $0.00 to $47.99 which is my GCU price of a normal $59.99.

Time to cancel this pre-order since I already have Marvel 2.0 pre-ordered

Not sure if anyone else has noticed their order price change from $0.00 to either $59.99 or $47.99 (GCU)

Oh Well!

Best Buy Pre-Order for PS4 Disney Infinity Toy Box Starter Set price has changed from $0.00 to $47.99 which is my GCU price of a normal $59.99.

Time to cancel this pre-order since I already have Marvel 2.0 pre-ordered

Not sure if anyone else has noticed their order price change from $0.00 to either $59.99 or $47.99 (GCU)

Oh Well!
Mine is still at $0.00.

It's nice that the digital upgrade is so cheap and all, but is there even any way to get the Avengers playset and those 2 toybox discs separately? One of them is the Diablo-lite mode that kinda seems like the most interesting thing they put in the game...
Yes, The Avengers Play Set with Iron Man & Black Widow, and a separate, individual Thor figure, will release sometime in November. All four toy box game discs will release in non-blind two packs at an unspecified date. It'll always be the two Marvel ones from the starter pack together & the two Disney ones from the toy box starter pack together, no price point yet on those two packs.

Don't know if it has been mentioned before or not but I was able to pre-order the collectors edition at best buy and get the Guardians playset and a power disc for free. The playset was counted as a figure I guess.

Mine is still at $0.00.
Well I guess it's just me then. My order was from August 20th so it was right in the middle of the timeframe that the PS4 toy box version would be $0.00 and I had another item with the order.

Oh well! Time to cancel this from my order as no way I'm paying $51 for Stitch and Merida with two power discs.

Yes, The Avengers Play Set with Iron Man & Black Widow, and a separate, individual Thor figure, will release sometime in November. All four toy box game discs will release in non-blind two packs at an unspecified date. It'll always be the two Marvel ones from the starter pack together & the two Disney ones from the toy box starter pack together, no price point yet on those two packs.
Well that's cool :D I'm boned because I have the 360 base, and I'm not patient enough to wait till November anyway.

Well I guess it's just me then. My order was from August 20th so it was right in the middle of the timeframe that the PS4 toy box version would be $0.00 and I had another item with the order.

Oh well! Time to cancel this from my order as no way I'm paying $51 for Stitch and Merida with two power discs.
They can't change your order cost without okaying it with you first can they? Did you get an email about it?

Toys R Us is sending out coupons for the release of DI 2.0. Valid 9/23-9/27 it is $10 off $75 or more regular priced Disney Infinity purchase. I'm curious to know if the coupon is unique. If anyone else has the same e-mail compare you coupon to mine. It ends with 73. 

Toys R Us is sending out coupons for the release of DI 2.0. Valid 9/23-9/27 it is $10 off $75 or more regular priced Disney Infinity purchase. I'm curious to know if the coupon is unique. If anyone else has the same e-mail compare you coupon to mine. It ends with 73.
Mine ends in 24, and it says one-time use right on the coupon. Must be unique.

Disney Infinity 2.0 Toy Box Digital edition got announced today...

• Will be available for Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, and Wii U.
  • The Xbox One will not be getting a digital edition at this time as you will need a new base no matter what system you are coming from as the Xbox One has a new security chip in the system.
  • Will be available on the digital stores for $29.99.
  • For a limited time, you can purchase it for $19.99 on the Playstation Network and Nintendo eShop.
  • Special offer for those in North America, if you purchase the digital copy in November you will receive both Disney Toy Box Game Discs for free (more details on how that will happen at a later date)
Source: http://infinityinquirer.com/2014/09/15/announced-toy-box-2-0-edition-digital-download-coming-november-4th/

Oh Well!
I wonder about this every time someone brings it up.. then I rush to see... and realize that it's not true.

Sorry your order got changed but I would sure as hell bitch if they changed the price/sale price arbitrarily. I fully expect them to CANCEL IT. What I will not allow is for things to be changed without my express approval.

Waiting until November to play Marvel which releases next week is damned near super CAG. But.. I'll take my half-CAG and have it on launch anyday.

If anyone is in the Boynton Beach, Florida Area found these

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:24881]
Price check was $13.96 each

only found Groot and Hawkeye out

Its the old boynton beach rd walmart infront of the mall on congress ave.

Best Buy's ad for the week of 9/21 has leaked, and they have advertised a deal where if you buy the DI Marvel starter pack along with 2 figures, you get 1 figure free. Could this be combined with the preorder deal somehow?

Best Buy's ad for the week of 9/21 has leaked, and they have advertised a deal where if you buy the DI Marvel starter pack along with 2 figures, you get 1 figure free. Could this be combined with the preorder deal somehow?
That is my concern. I have the game preordered online but the figures preordered in store. I would love b2g1 free.

Hoping that Best Buy deal stacks with Pre-Order, I'll be picking up Rocket, Groot & a free Venom if so!

Wow I remember the deals being a lot better when the first game released.
They were, I remember going to like 3 stores, B1G1 free (or 50% off, don't remember, lol) 3-packs, 50% all play sets, B2G1 free figures, power disc packs 2 for $6, plus the free figure & power disc pack with pre-order. I had pretty much every thing that came out at launch for a fraction of the price. I'm still shocked there's been zero 1.0 clearance sales this week, TRUs are still crammed to the brim with 1.0 merch.

Hoping that Best Buy deal stacks with Pre-Order, I'll be picking up Rocket, Groot & a free Venom if so!

They were, I remember going to like 3 stores, B1G1 free (or 50% off, don't remember, lol) 3-packs, 50% all play sets, B2G1 free figures, power disc packs 2 for $6, plus the free figure & power disc pack with pre-order. I had pretty much every thing that came out at launch for a fraction of the price. I'm still shocked there's been zero 1.0 clearance sales this week, TRUs are still crammed to the brim with 1.0 merch.
I think I had eveything from the launch for under $150 and that included a full set of series one discs.

I wonder if a lot of that was Disney trying to get a decent foothold into the already established Skylanders demographic. I remember thinking how incredibly desperate it seemed at the time; that they didn't seem to have confidence in their product. It seems to have worked out really well for them though. I suspect they're doing well enough now, combined with all of the figures being forward compatible, that they don't really need discounts on 2.0 or leftover 1.0 stock.

YUp. Didn't even preorder DI1.0 but grabbed all of the playlets and available figs on release day due to the great deals Target had.

Time to cancel my BB and Target preorders. Does anyone know if you can get your $1 back from those little preorder cards at target? I'm going to go with the Amazon deal for the starter set (the $120 version) and just grab the GotG set and the free discs from Target. and Groot. gotta let the kids fight over Groot.

I wonder if a lot of that was Disney trying to get a decent foothold into the already established Skylanders demographic. I remember thinking how incredibly desperate it seemed at the time; that they didn't seem to have confidence in their product. It seems to have worked out really well for them though. I suspect they're doing well enough now, combined with all of the figures being forward compatible, that they don't really need discounts on 2.0 or leftover 1.0 stock.
That's my assumption, although it does surprise me that individual store chains like TRU that are packed with 1.0 stuff aren't trying to clear shelves/pegs by putting items on sale, I'd think the alternative is no sale and then convert 1.0 stuff to online and store it in a warehouse. I still need 6 of the crystal figures (got Lightning on launch day) and a bunch of power discs from 1.0

I'm curious as to how any of you are expecting the pre-order bonus figure to stack with the additional figure when you buy two with the game. What exactly are you planning on doing to make that happen?

I just wish somebody was doing a B2G1 on figures the first week. There is a rumor that TRU will have a one-day sale on the 27th and figures will be 3 for $33.00 but I think I already pay around the same with my GCU at Best Buy.

I might have to change my pre-order from Best Buy from being shipped to a store pick up to try and get in on there deal. After GCU it would be like getting 3 for $22.00 plus the extra free guy from my pre-order.

bread's done
Back