Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Any deals on the inside out set out there? That's the last playset i need
You must have missed out on the best buy flash sale yesterday. I think the inside out set was ~$12. I don't know if it sold out or not. It will probably go on sale again at best buy if they didn't sell out

You must have missed out on the best buy flash sale yesterday. I think the inside out set was ~$12. I don't know if it sold out or not. It will probably go on sale again at best buy if they didn't sell out
It was $14, I bought it yesterday, along with the Toy Box Speedway and a couple of figures. That was the last playset I needed.

As someone who didn't own a single toys-to-life until this point, I've picked quite a bit since this whole Disney Infinity-is-going-away-thing happened.  Just want to get the Toy Story playset, Han Solo, Chewy, and Quorra.  Given how little I've paid for the others, I'm holding out for far better deals on these.  Outside of collectors, there's really zero demand at this point for this stuff - especially the figures that have nothing to do with any playset.

A friend of mine was actually looking for Mickey, Minnie, and Baloo (sold out before I could order from BBY during the Flash Sale). So this works out well for them, thanks.

15 for 4 figures, 3.75 each, still too much no? BB flash sale got lower price than that. Started playing, kinda like it, but man, no more support, servers going done in March 2017, no more user generated contents :(...

15 for 4 figures, 3.75 each, still too much no? BB flash sale got lower price than that. Started playing, kinda like it, but man, no more support, servers going done in March 2017, no more user generated contents :(...
Penny wise, pound foolish.

Best Buy is that low due to them not specializing in toys in general. They wanted to get rid of the stuff ASAP. They have barely anything left. Toys R Us has more stock/inventory, esp of the older stuff. If you want something $3.75 is a great price to finish up your collection.

Penny wise, pound foolish.

Best Buy is that low due to them not specializing in toys in general. They wanted to get rid of the stuff ASAP. They have barely anything left. Toys R Us has more stock/inventory, esp of the older stuff. If you want something $3.75 is a great price to finish up your collection.
Is 3.75 a good price if you are going to be starting a collection? Even at that price, it's a few hundred to buy one of each at my toys r us?

You could still make some for yourself

Is 3.75 a good price if you are going to be starting a collection? Even at that price, it's a few hundred to buy one of each at my toys r us?
What kind of question is that? How can I answer that? $3.75 is a good price for these based on previous sales and availability. But is it worth it to you? I have no clue.

As much as I'm interested in some of the other figures, it's hard to get myself to buy figures outside of playsets given all the online servers are or have already shut down.  All the figures I've bought were $2/each thus far.  Interested in a few still but $4 sounds like too much still.

As much as I'm interested in some of the other figures, it's hard to get myself to buy figures outside of playsets given all the online servers are or have already shut down. All the figures I've bought were $2/each thus far. Interested in a few still but $4 sounds like too much still.
Yeah under $2 is probably where I'll cave and buy anything.

I picked up Micky, Minnie, Nemo, and Fear from the TRU 4-for-1 today.  I would have gotten another 4 but they didn't have enough of the Marvel stuff that I'm missing in stock.

Bought a few that I haven't seen on sale in a while and wanted before they go OOS/P. Should probably give this game a go soon to build toyboxes or w/e I need before shutdown.

So if I get say a mickey figure, baloo or an aladdin, they cant be used in any games other than toybox takeover or speedway correct?  What about the star wars stuff.  If I have the level packs will any star wars character work with these?  Thanks in advance!

So if I get say a mickey figure, baloo or an aladdin, they cant be used in any games other than toybox takeover or speedway correct? What about the star wars stuff. If I have the level packs will any star wars character work with these? Thanks in advance!
Characters without a playset can only be used in toybox mode, speedway, and toybox takeover.

All Star Wars characters work in all the SW playsets, BUT you have to start each playset with a character from that set. So if you were playing Rise against the empire and wanted to play it as Darth Maul you would have to start as Luke, Han, Leia and play through until you find a "hidden" Darth Maul coin. Then you would have unlocked him in that set. That's how all of them work.

So if I get say a mickey figure, baloo or an aladdin, they cant be used in any games other than toybox takeover or speedway correct? What about the star wars stuff. If I have the level packs will any star wars character work with these? Thanks in advance!
I think in 3.0 they made it so you could unlock other characters from that universe once you've played the playset some.

Characters without a playset can only be used in toybox mode, speedway, and toybox takeover.

All Star Wars characters work in all the SW playsets, BUT you have to start each playset with a character from that set. So if you were playing Rise against the empire and wanted to play it as Darth Maul you would have to start as Luke, Han, Leia and play through until you find a "hidden" Darth Maul coin. Then you would have unlocked him in that set. That's how all of them work.
I still haven't had a chance to try my Disney Infinity stuff I picked up from the earlier sales. Thanks for clarifying that. As I've said earlier, this is why I'm only interested in picking up playsets and a few figures that work for them (like the SW figures). The toybox has zero appeal to me. I'm clearly just getting to be an older gamer, who with such little free time, need games that deliver earnest and visible progression :)

Does anyone have DI 2.0 for the PS4?? 

I need to get the multiplayer trophy for that one before the servers shut down so I will still have the possibility to eventually get the plat. I don't typically subscribe to PS Plus but I'll use a 2 day trial card or something to get multiplayer access long enough to do that, if someone here has it and we can arrange a time to do it.

Picked up the Civil War & Rise Against the Empire sets for $11.88 at Walmart. They also had figs for $4.88. Would like to find the Dory set at a reasonable price, but otherwise, done.

All out Central TX Targets' figures mysteriously disappeared before going deep discount, so I'm guessing they returned them to Disney?

Picked up the Civil War & Rise Against the Empire sets for $11.88 at Walmart. They also had figs for $4.88. Would like to find the Dory set at a reasonable price, but otherwise, done.

All out Central TX Targets' figures mysteriously disappeared before going deep discount, so I'm guessing they returned them to Disney?
Target sometimes sells unsold toy merchandise to places like Ross, Marshall's, and TJ Maxx. I live in Austin and have seen this happen a few times. Sadly, those 2nd rate clothing stores often don't discount them much or at all.

Did anyone order online from TRU when they had the buy 1 get 3 free deal?

I did and my order has had no movement. Its been a week. I even ordered a non-DI item in that order

Target sometimes sells unsold toy merchandise to places like Ross, Marshall's, and TJ Maxx. I live in Austin and have seen this happen a few times. Sadly, those 2nd rate clothing stores often don't discount them much or at all.
Never seen in Ross, TJ Maxx, Good Will etc in my area (Los Angeles), couldn't figure out where they usually go, even though I've seen Game Stop exclusive Skylanders at TJ Maxx.

I will not wait for them showing up at those stores. You might not find what you want and they mark their price compared to the original retail price, so it's not going to be lower than current sale price, let alone the clearance price.

Never seen in Ross, TJ Maxx, Good Will etc in my area (Los Angeles), couldn't figure out where they usually go, even though I've seen Game Stop exclusive Skylanders at TJ Maxx.

I will not wait for them showing up at those stores. You might not find what you want and they mark their price compared to the original retail price, so it's not going to be lower than current sale price, let alone the clearance price.
Agreed. That's why I mentioned they often aren't discounted well enough to bother.

When Lego discountinued the Lone Ranger line after the movie flopped, The sets went on sale for like 20 or 30% off at my local Targets. I was waiting for 50% off or more because they still weren't moving from the shelves, but it never happened. They miraculously all disappeared and a few weeks later suddenly there are Lone Ranger Lego sets at Marshall's, for almost full price, lol.

yeah, i finally drove to a nearby walmart and picked up the Toy Story playset for 11.88.  I'm not convinced anywhere is going lower.  TRU had sets for $9 a while back, but I needed to order $19 for free shipping, and honestly, don't care about any other playsets (I have Dory's set, the two Star Wars sets, Avengers, and Spidey - oh, and the 1.0 starter playsets).  

all i really want at this point are a few of the 3.0 figures (han solo and chewy); I might grab quorra, too.  hard to pay even $5 for them each given these essentially don't do anything.  not interested in toy box so i'd only be buying them to play in the star wars sets.  at least they work in there.  otherwise, pretty useless.  if i can find the others for $2, then I'll get 'em; otherwise ... meh.

yeah, i finally drove to a nearby walmart and picked up the Toy Story playset for 11.88. I'm not convinced anywhere is going lower. TRU had sets for $9 a while back, but I needed to order $19 for free shipping, and honestly, don't care about any other playsets (I have Dory's set, the two Star Wars sets, Avengers, and Spidey - oh, and the 1.0 starter playsets).

all i really want at this point are a few of the 3.0 figures (han solo and chewy); I might grab quorra, too. hard to pay even $5 for them each given these essentially don't do anything. not interested in toy box so i'd only be buying them to play in the star wars sets. at least they work in there. otherwise, pretty useless. if i can find the others for $2, then I'll get 'em; otherwise ... meh.
Didn't the Toys R Us ad list all playsets for 10 dollars on black Friday?

Anyone seen a good deal for the battlegrounds playset? Also i have 25 character cards and codes from all the marvel fiures and a few star wars for cheap if anyone is interested.

Anyone seen a good deal for the battlegrounds playset? Also i have 25 character cards and codes from all the marvel fiures and a few star wars for cheap if anyone is interested.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=87326236&cp=&parentPage=search

Spend $19+ on store pickup get $10 in rewards back. Today only at Toys R Us. So might work out somewhat well. It has been as low as $11.88 at Wal-Mart though.

Also the cards are pretty much worthless now that the PC versions are gone.

Damn it BBY, way to make me regret buying some of these sets already and all the figures and... everything.
I know, right? Been looking to get the starter pack for 3.0 on Xbone. I guess I'll nab this even though it's only half off the lowest usual price I see (Walmart). Not sure how much lower it could go and if it does it's most likely gonna be in my elite plus super shiny edition return window. Hate I missed the last sale, wasn't it $6?

I got all the power discs 8 in total, incluiding the Marvel album, Toybox Speedway, a ps4 starter pack for my nephew, RatE Playset and 4 figures for $25 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I got all the power discs 8 in total, incluiding the Marvel album, Toybox Speedway, a ps4 starter pack for my nephew, RatE Playset and 4 figures for $25 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I am very jealous right now :headache: ... fuck that's an insane haul for that price :drool: .

I hope those that wanted the inside out play set get on it before they are completely OOS.

I am very jealous right now :headache: ... fuck that's an insane haul for that price :drool: .

I hope those that wanted the inside out play set get on it before they are completely OOS.
Well im kinda upset too because I bought my starter pack not to long ago for $19.99 before GCU and each figure for $3-$5 I got all the Playsets at GameStop for $11.99 as well. Only needed Toybox Speedway since I got Takeover for $4 at Walmart and all the power discs to complete my collection and btw I've always wanted to get that Marvel Album but the price was always $19.99

Meh - still waiting on TRU to actually clearance out its stock.  The $4-5 mark for some of the figures is way too much.  I'm sure some of these will hit the $1-2 soon enough.  Got Woody for $1 recently.  So far, I've dropped ~$100.

Games are okay. Nothing to write home about.  Understand why DI never caught fire.

Add me to the regret list. I still have a bunch of these unopened from previous sales that my kid will be getting this holiday season. Even the ones I got at $3/ea feel like I got ripped off now ;)

bread's done
Back