Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread Mk. II - Adios Infinity - Best Buy Flash Sale 5/20

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
2.0_Logo.jpg

5/20/16
Best Buy Flash Sale!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/vg-20160520

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. That's what I presumed.

Here's what I don't get though.... what can the non marvel figures do? I get that they play in toy box or the town. Is that it? I can free roam and do the town folk missions? Is that all there is to be base game unless you buy the expansions, there's no general story mode?
You can use all of the Disney or Marvel in the expansion discs for 2.0 (the Marvel ones come in the box, the Kiln and defend Asguard or something). There are equivalent ones for Disney (have Merida and Stitch on them).

In 3.0 you can get the ToyBox Takeover set that allows you to use anyone. It's not too long, but it is fun to use whoever you want without making a level.

The story mode is mainly in the playsets and toybox pieces. The general toybox also has activities that you can complete at the diffrent hubs, but they aren't really a "story".

Ordered a PS4 Saga bundle off of TRU on Sunday. It was surprisingly delivered today even with the free shipping option. Naturally, they sent me the starter pack instead and the saga bundle is no longer listed online. Looks like I'm going to eat a whopping $12 unless customer service can do something about it. 

:pray:

I did want to ask whoever is knowledgeable... how do the figures work exactly? Where I'm lost is I get that the avengers work in their playset. Spider-Man works in his playset. Guardians work in theirs. So what about the general Disney figures that just say they only work in toy box? A friend of mine and I bought the games recently and have only been buying figures that work in playset a since we don't understand how toy box figures even work in the game. The way I've been looking at it, they don't do much and only work on the town/free roam mode. Which to me seems a waste to buy them.
So the part of your question that everyone is overlooking is you asking what Toybox is.

The Toybox allows you to use all of the toy pieces you can collect to create your own games. You can create racetracks, platformers, fighting arenas, etc. You also used to be able to download toyboxes created by the community, which had some really cool ones such as a recreation of Disneyland. However toybox dharing has been effectively shut down as part of the gradual server shutdown.

You still have the ability to create your own games though.

So the part of your question that everyone is overlooking is you asking what Toybox is.

The Toybox allows you to use all of the toy pieces you can collect to create your own games. You can create racetracks, platformers, fighting arenas, etc. You also used to be able to download toyboxes created by the community, which had some really cool ones such as a recreation of Disneyland. However toybox dharing has been effectively shut down as part of the gradual server shutdown.

You still have the ability to create your own games though.
Thank you. Am I able to still download other peoples levels at this time? So far in game I have synced my Disney account, registered all of my figures one by one, and did some small missions in the intro toybox around the first town you're first put into.

Lastly, in your opinion, is it worth it to pick up the Disney 2.0 & 3.0 figures? I own all Marvel and Guardians, plus all Star Wars. I have the spidey, avengers, and guardians play set for 2.0, plus all 19 SW figures and the three SW play sets for 3.0. Now I just need a few moments of free time to play all of this stuff!

FYI. My TRU glitch involving 3 free figures with the starter pack purchase seems to have hit a snag. Part of it might have been my mistake for splitting the order up between in store pick up and delivery. I placed the starter pack for in store pick up and the figures for delivery. I went this route because TRU had a disclaimer that made it sound like the packaging for the starter pack would be visible during shipping. With the kids still being home when the mail man delivers, this was not an option. Needless to say the free figures have fallen off of my order and I didn't even get a cancellation email.

I'm thinking I will only do in store pick up on these in the future.
I just got a shipping confirmation for my 3 free figures from the glitch. Very crazy considering they weren't even in my active orders anymore

Yeah, $10 for Dory set is very good, I got it for $15 and I'm not even a DI fan...  Okay, here's my sincere confession...  I'm not into DI and personally, this whole DI thing is overwhelming...  Now that I've played all of them (DI 1.0 on PS3, DI 2.0 on PS3/PS4/PSV and DI 3.0 on PS3/PS4), it really grows on you!  If you're late to the party, here's my take:

1.  Get DI 3.0 and 2.0 for PS4/Xbox (the other console versions are horrible at loading, the PS3 is just sad and WiiU probably worse.  Vita is sad too, but it's the only one with wireless base, pretty sweet little thing if you ask me).  - Sorry, PS Vita has DI 2.0 only ($15!!!!), there's no 3.0, I wish it does though...

2.  Get all of the playsets if you can (for cheap), they're really well made!  I think the Dory level is really cool (Battleground is repetitive).  And it's cross systems (even console).  I used the same Dory and Battleground set on the PS4 and PS3, 100% the game on both consoles, it's like a portable DLC, very cool!

3.  The community levels are very cool, lots of creativity there and lots of tools to use too!  But alas, they pulled the plug, it's heartbreaking...  The PS4 online is a lot better than the PS3 (loading time), but the PS3 allows you sign in as guest (not the PS4 though).

4.  The characters are actually very cool, I love them!  You can go nuts in the Toybox mode, battle Donald Duck with Hulk or something.  The confusions come in from Playsets, this is where the figures don't work like Skylanders, you can't play Donald Duck in Marvel playsets.  However, you can if you find a good user generated level, the real asset of the DI games.

5.  Be careful swapping DI figures from PS4/PS3/PSV or even DI 3.0 and DI 2.0.  For instance, I've leveled Hulk to max on the PS4, but he showed up as whatever level he was last known as on the PSV (it probably show the correct level if I reset the game, but PSV loads horribly so I didn't bother close/relaunch the app).  I'm just saying the figures themselves can be glitchy if you swap them in between consoles or software.

6.  DI, I'll miss you :whistle2:(...  But consoles rule and the plastic remnants reanimate on... Perhaps we'll see a new possibility in the future.

-------------------

Side note - I just realized that the toy-to-life DLCs are not exactly profitable like the digital counterparts.  The plastic DLCs are a lot cheaper and portable!  However, DI 3.0 is the only version that treats Battleground and Dory as true DLC (the trophies show up in a different folder in the PS4 and for the PS3, there's a plus sign next to the DLC trophies.  Also, the platinum trophy is not tied to the DLC trophies for both systems.).

Side note - I just realized that the toy-to-life DLCs are not exactly profitable like the digital counterparts. The plastic DLCs are a lot cheaper and portable! However, DI 3.0 is the only version that treats Battleground and Dory as true DLC (the trophies show up in a different folder in the PS4 and for the PS3, there's a plus sign next to the DLC trophies. Also, the platinum trophy is not tied to the DLC trophies for both systems.).
That's likely a technicality because those two sets were not on the disc and had to have a downloadable update (which is supposed to continue to work regardless of what else gets pulled offline).

Thank you for the details Serpentor! I plan to use 2.0 figures with their respective game and 3.0 with their own as well. So just to confirm if I play 2.0 first and max some characters, I can't carry them over PS4 2.0 to PS4 3.0? They would be reset back to lv1?

I'm also lost on the servers. I read they shut down next year around March. So can I go in today and download the toy boxes from the community?

Unconfirmed at this point but was told by a GameStop employee yesterday that a deal is coming on DI figures (maybe) next week where you get 10 preowned figures for $20! I'm sure there will be exclusions, like no Crystal Playset pieces but we shall see!

Unconfirmed at this point but was told by a GameStop employee yesterday that a deal is coming on DI figures (maybe) next week where you get 10 preowned figures for $20! I'm sure there will be exclusions, like no Crystal Playset pieces but we shall see!

This sale has already started and does include the crystals.

Disney infinity 1.0 was also on 3ds with a wireless base. But I believe it is a bit of a different game
Yeah, it's like a stripped down Mario Party style game.

My only complaint with the figures is how their save data was handled. I know they used slightly different tech with 1.0 figures versus all the rest, but it would've been ideal if the character data was just on the character. That way no matter which version of DI or which system version of DI you used a character with, it was that same level, moves, etc. and you didn't have to deal with different levels and Guest usage.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/landing/HolidaySaleAd/

Going on now according to their ad on page 7 (dec 11 thru 17), not valid on amiibo.
Well I guess that this employee was a certified dumbass! I was in the store looking at the bagged figures and was amazed they wanted over $12 for an Anakin figure that had a broken lightsaber when the GS employee imparted this info to me. The DI goods were not labeled as a sale item and he had no idea either!

Well I guess that this employee was a certified dumbass! I was in the store looking at the bagged figures and was amazed they wanted over $12 for an Anakin figure that had a broken lightsaber when the GS employee imparted this info to me. The DI goods were not labeled as a sale item and he had no idea either!
They rarely do. Last time I went in for a b2G3 on figures, the guy said that promo was over. I was about to leave and he said let me try scanning them, and wouldn't you know, it worked.

Thank you. Am I able to still download other peoples levels at this time? So far in game I have synced my Disney account, registered all of my figures one by one, and did some small missions in the intro toybox around the first town you're first put into.

Lastly, in your opinion, is it worth it to pick up the Disney 2.0 & 3.0 figures? I own all Marvel and Guardians, plus all Star Wars. I have the spidey, avengers, and guardians play set for 2.0, plus all 19 SW figures and the three SW play sets for 3.0. Now I just need a few moments of free time to play all of this stuff!
Unfortunately you can no longer download player made levels anymore. :(

I recommend getting all of the Disney figures that have a 3.0 playset (Inside Out and Finding Dory) plus any you may be a fan of to use in Toybox Takeover and Toybox Speedway

Unfortunately you can no longer download player made levels anymore. :(
I recommend getting all of the Disney figures that have a 3.0 playset (Inside Out and Finding Dory) plus any you may be a fan of to use in Toybox Takeover and Toybox Speedway
That is very sad to hear. I was really looking forward to downloading some levels. When did they turn those features off?

The only playsets I don't own are the ones you mentioned. With inside out, I really don't have an interest in the movie and I know nothing of the characters. Truth be told about dory... I hated the movie, as well as my girlfriend. And she is a big Nemo fan too.

The community levels/toy boxes are still available to download. At least on consoles until March. I just downloaded some this past weekend on X1.

Disney infinity 1.0 was also on 3ds with a wireless base. But I believe it is a bit of a different game
Oh cool, didn't know about this, thanks for the correction (but yeah, even the PS Vita DI 2.0 feels like a different game so I don't know about the 3DS, hahaha). Yeah, the 3DS is just weird when comes to toys-to-life games. The Skylanders Trap game on the 3DS is so weird that you don't really need to have the figure on the base all the time.

That's likely a technicality because those two sets were not on the disc and had to have a downloadable update (which is supposed to continue to work regardless of what else gets pulled offline).
Yes, that's good for console owners. Looks like I'm not going to delete my DI 3.0 game data on the PS4 now (and PS3), too precious, hahaha.

Thank you for the details Serpentor! I plan to use 2.0 figures with their respective game and 3.0 with their own as well. So just to confirm if I play 2.0 first and max some characters, I can't carry them over PS4 2.0 to PS4 3.0? They would be reset back to lv1?

I'm also lost on the servers. I read they shut down next year around March. So can I go in today and download the toy boxes from the community?
The figures do reset back to level 1, it happened to me. For instance, if you finished DI 3.0's Marvel Battleground, you'll accumulate quite some EXP points which you can redeem to any Marvel character of your choice (this is actually quite interesting, your figures don't get leveled up when you play the Battleground DLC, but points are collected at the end of level/missions). So... At the redemption screen, I maxed out Hulk (he's super jump and default pickup abilities are awesome for Survival trophy/achievement in DI 2.0)). Well, the beefed up Hulk is reset to level 0 when I put him on the base in DI 2.0 :whistle2:(.

Yes, you can still download user created levels on the consoles till March 2017, go go go! There's a trophy for downloading/playing user levels, I picked the popular ones, they're actually not bad at all! Again, not recommended for the PS3 though, the loading... Ugh...

Honestly, if the DI hadn't gone bust, I probably won't have bought all of the levels. I might get the remaining playsets just to make sure I have everything when the system goes completely offline. IMO, the playsets are really really well done and polished ($10 is a bargain).

check your Darth Vader figure, there are 2 versions. The rarer one are earlier prototype with minor differences and apparently going around $500 on ebay. A friend of mine sold his for $500 in a few mins of listing. Here's a list of another one, probably from someone I used to work with. I didn't think it worth that much and either gave mine away or my kid destroyed beyond recognition. Anyway if you buy it second hand or from individual seller, you might got one of these.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/RARE-UNRELEASED-MATTE-SPECIAL-EDITION-DISNEY-INFINITY-3-0-Darth-Vader-Figure-/272481786409?hash=item3f712e1a29%3Ag%3AE1sAAOSwJ7RYTMC6&_trkparms=pageci%253A00a1914f-c2e0-11e6-8038-74dbd18086bd%257Cparentrq%253A0339452e1590a605d6d314c3ffd9c249%257Ciid%253A13

check your Darth Vader figure, there are 2 versions. The rarer one are earlier prototype with minor differences and apparently going around $500 on ebay. A friend of mine sold his for $500 in a few mins of listing. Here's a list of another one, probably from someone I used to work with. I didn't think it worth that much and either gave mine away or my kid destroyed beyond recognition. Anyway if you buy it second hand or from individual seller, you might got one of these.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/RARE-UNRELEASED-MATTE-SPECIAL-EDITION-DISNEY-INFINITY-3-0-Darth-Vader-Figure-/272481786409?hash=item3f712e1a29%3Ag%3AE1sAAOSwJ7RYTMC6&_trkparms=pageci%253A00a1914f-c2e0-11e6-8038-74dbd18086bd%257Cparentrq%253A0339452e1590a605d6d314c3ffd9c249%257Ciid%253A13
So you used to work for Disney Interactive?

I just picked up a Ronan 2.0 figure from toys r us last week. My girlfriend pointed out at the store that one of the figures looked off. The figure is black and purple, yet one was a matte finish, as if the colors were washed out. Was this a misprint or a 'variant'?

Holy... Is this for real? LOL, I didn't even bother to check... Seriously though, I can't tell the difference in that listing, the two Vaders look same to me. Not interested in this kind of stuff, I mean it's interesting to know, but not gonna go nuts over this...

Looks like matte helmet vs glossy helmet is the difference. Sounds like only the dev team got the matte helmet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It seems ridiculous that someone would pay $500 for a Vader with a matte finished helmet, vs the regular shiny one you can get for $5.

I just picked up a Ronan 2.0 figure from toys r us last week. My girlfriend pointed out at the store that one of the figures looked off. The figure is black and purple, yet one was a matte finish, as if the colors were washed out. Was this a misprint or a 'variant'?
It may be because several of the 2.0 figures (Baymax and Ronan especially) suffered from a glue defect where they were packaged too early and a chalky film formed over the paint dulling the colors. My Ronan and Loki arrived like that, it wasn't nearly as noticeable on Loki though given his lighter colors. I had to give both a once over with a cotton swab detail.

Has anyone else ordered anything from TRU and not have them use any packing materials whatsoever? I ordered three figures and they were in a decent sized box with no packing materials . I don't even think this was any isolated incident as I have had a few lego sets shipped sans packing materials.

Has anyone else ordered anything from TRU and not have them use any packing materials whatsoever? I ordered three figures and they were in a decent sized box with no packing materials . I don't even think this was any isolated incident as I have had a few lego sets shipped sans packing materials.
All the time with TRU my sons Lego Dimension set came in a box twice as big than it needed to be with no padding at all.

Yup. This happened to me too with my last batch of DI characters when they had the Buy 1 Get 3 Free. Four characters in a giant box with no packing material at all. Naturally, the box was pretty beat up. I'm guessing they didn't want to spend much more on shipping since these were discounted so heavily. But it is pretty shitty to mail something like that.

All the time with TRU my sons Lego Dimension set came in a box twice as big than it needed to be with no padding at all.
Same with the Wii Dark Superchargers set I ordered. Huge box, no packing material. On the one hand it was $14.99 shipped. On the other hand, I didn't set the price or offer free shipping, they did, and they should ship their merchandise properly.

I got my Finding Dory playset from TRU yesterday. I may spring for Nemo if I see him cheap, but haven't seen it locally anywhere in awhile. Please post if you guys see it in stock anywhere online for $5 or less. 

Yeah it's been nearly 2 full days for me where it states "approved" but nothing received. I'm guessing I was too late to the party. But the points were deducted. Sent them an email requesting the points be reposted to my account. Awaiting response and update. Not a big deal, I suppose. I'll just keep earning points and cash them out at a later date for something. 

Tru is either really desperate to unload di figures or we are in the sales overlap glitch time period on Sunday morning. All Individual figures noticed are on sale for $3.99 and it stacks with b1g3 free. Free shipping if you buy $19 worth of stuff. I was only able to do one b1g3 free per transaction.

Are the Inside Out and Dory sets anything special? From all these sales the only figures I don't own are those. I picked up Nemo and literally every other 2.0 & 3.0 figures out there. I know nothing of a inside Out and both my girlfriend and I hated the Dory movie.

It's just to confirm - play sets live on Microsoft / PlayStation servers so I don't need to download them now right? I still haven't opened guardians or DI 2.0. Not sure if I should rush to do it

Playsets don't live on any server. They just serve as unlocks for your disc or digital copy. Toy Boxes are on Disney's server, which will go offline in March. But I would download any DI updates now. That's how they added accessibility to later released playsets. 

Playsets don't live on any server. They just serve as unlocks for your disc or digital copy. Toy Boxes are on Disney's server, which will go offline in March. But I would download any DI updates now. That's how they added accessibility to later released playsets.
Well the updates I had to download. Like for the dory playset

bread's done
Back