DJ Hero Turntable Case and Stand $4.99 + tax w/FS at Best Buy

Mine came in immaculate condition. I would have easily paid 20$ for it. Feels sooo good to finally let go of the turntable off my lap and I think my skills have increased 10x =P

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']Mine should be here tomorrow, I hope it's in good condition, jeez, what happens to these things that so many of these get banged up?[/QUOTE]

It seems that through God knows what source, Best Buy corporation somehow and for whatever reason aquired an assload of these things used and had them sitting in their stores, warehouses, and storage facilities until DJ Hero 2 came out. They packaged them with DJ Hero 2, sold a few for $30, and somebody at HQ finally said fuck it and put them up for $5 to get rid of them.

Might have been the abundance of Renegade Editions they had. Matter of fact, I don't think the standalone turntables started showing up until AFTER the Renegades started to disappear.. Lol. I guess they had an easier time selling everything separately.

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']Mine should be here tomorrow, I hope it's in good condition, jeez, what happens to these things that so many of these get banged up?[/QUOTE]

Get banged up probably when they had stacks of it and moving around in the store.
The Nice Condition cases are in plain brown boxes. Even the ones inside brown boxes has minor scratches on the trim, some sticky glue. I did notice when the lid is closed on the case, looks like a small gap opening around the trim (Looks uneven lip around the case when shut the case on both sides).

FYI- Anyone remember the Renegade Edition when it came out for $200? Well the cases are packed just like the Renegade Edition (Without the PS3/Xbox 360 slipcover and has no game or turntable) So anyone that has it shipped by Warehouse, hopefully it comes in that package.If not, then probably a open/ display model. (Youtube DJ Hero Renegade Edition unboxing to see the plain brown box and inside packaging)

Hope this helps everyone.

[quote name='Drclaw411']It seems that through God knows what source, Best Buy corporation somehow and for whatever reason aquired an assload of these things used and had them sitting in their stores, warehouses, and storage facilities until DJ Hero 2 came out. They packaged them with DJ Hero 2, sold a few for $30, and somebody at HQ finally said fuck it and put them up for $5 to get rid of them.[/QUOTE]

I guess people didnt want to buy DJ Hero 2 for $200. These cases are alright for $20, but great at $5!

Got mine in today. 1 was in perfect shape. The other has a slight bend in the latch, but it still closes tight enough. Glad to have one for each deck. Thanks go to the op.

Thanks OP! Picked one up along with the DJ Hero bundle for $28. It looked to be in pretty good shape, except for one of the rounded foam pieces came unglued.

[quote name='Gears24']Mine came in immaculate condition.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I love it, and am currently using it more as a counter for my laptop than anything else. It's stylish, and has that "what's that" appeal to it when people see it.

I wish I'd bought another one. I would have more likely than not used the 2nd one to carry stuff around in. These are perfect for a room where you don't have a lot of room (I'm using mine propped up, with things underneath it. Gave me all the more space for more CAG stuff ;)).

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend just pick one up yesterday for free when he bought DJ Hero 2 with it. It looks like the promo still works. This was at the Pasadena,ca store and they still had at least dozen left still in the generic cardboard boxes.

To the south orange county, CA CAGs:
Best Buy on Lake Forest is sold out, Mission Viejo has about a dozen left in various conditions. It's my understanding the Tustin marketplace is sold out, but there are still some at the other Tustin store, whereever that is.
And whoever it was that said it's a great keyboard stand/case for RB3, you were spot on there.

Mine arrived today in pristine condition

0af4c1ad.jpg

[quote name='ComfortablyNumb']Anyone have a sku? The link no longer works.[/QUOTE]

DJ Hero SKU: 1364241
model #: 61363

They will try to find it on the "Best Buy Web Site" It will not be found. (They have their own system lookup)

Lucky I still have it saved on my phone;)

I waited way too long to jump on this... I went to my local Best Buy (Tinley Park, IL) today to check it out. They had 3 left, but they were all dented and the latches were busted up. They had them marked as $29.99. I would have price matched, but still. No dice for me.

[quote name='Gears24']Might have been the abundance of Renegade Editions they had.[/QUOTE]

The two I ordered online arrived today and it seems like they are from the DJ1 Renegade sets. Each box has a small barcode label on the side describing it as a Xbox 360 Renegade set. Too bad there wasn't a turntable inside (like that other CAG mentioned)

So like you said, they probably parted out the Renegade bundles

[quote name='arinaldi']Got mine in today. 1 was in perfect shape. The other has a slight bend in the latch, but it still closes tight enough. Glad to have one for each deck. Thanks go to the op.[/QUOTE]

Similar conditions for me except that my second case has a problem with one latch not lining up with the lid. It won't lock because of the misalignment.

Ended up switching the lids between the cases and now they close.

Going to look into some better latches. But, regardless, can't beat the price.

Thanks again OP

r the original turntables for the Wii suppose to fit? mine doesnt seem to fit at all....and it appears one of my legs is stuck

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WiiShopChannels']r the original turntables for the Wii suppose to fit? mine doesnt seem to fit at all....and it appears one of my legs is stuck[/QUOTE]

the stuck leg might be slightly extended, so just adjust back to it's minimum collapsable position.

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']r the original turntables for the Wii suppose to fit? mine doesnt seem to fit at all....and it appears one of my legs is stuck[/QUOTE]

There's a wii version. I picked up mines in store and on the box there was a sticker that specified wii and ps that I saw. I picked up the ps one. So there maybe a difference. I did not check out what the difference was. The one you may have gotten could have been the ps tho i don't think there is a difference between at least I assume that would be the case.

Mine's a little dinged, but that's to be expected. Still a hell of a deal!

You people you are saying it came with other stuff are BS'n, right? =P

So, my story for Redlands, CA.
I walk around the game area in Best Buy searching for this in a hurry. I had only 10 minutes, because I had to go across the street and adopt a cat before some gross fat lady snagged it from Pet Smart.

Sooo, it's no where in sight. Only a new Dj Hero stand for $29.99, in a normal box. It must be a different , newer stand (it's not a case, pretty small box, and light)

Just as we gave up hope, we notice that by the Kinect/Dance central is a sexy briefcase looking thing, sitting at the bottom of a shelf...Nothing else was around it, nothing else could fit on this shelf. I turned it over and saw the words "Renegade", and pooped my pants. I asked an employee if they had any in stock, and he said he couldnt find the product in his computer so he'd look in back. I told him I have the SKU, and he said "cool! Thatll be a hell of a lot easier!". Typed it in, and the store had 0. Three local stores had like 4, 10, and 5 left.

He said because they give them away with the Dj Hero bundle, that they sold out fast... I think their computers are probably wrong, because every one else seems to be finding dozens of these things just sitting in the open!

Lucky for me, he let me buy the "demo" one that was out in the open, after asking his manager. He acted like we were crazy, triple checking if we really wanted it. I have no idea why he was so worried; this thing was absolutely PERFECT, except for some dust/crumbs that were under the Styrofoam by the 4 leg connectors.

Since mine was probably the demo/display unit, it probably hasn't been moved much, if even at all. And probably barely touched by people. It's probably in better condition than the ones in the stock room would be, definitely!

I want to call some other Best Buys and go look for another; my GF played the game and loves it. And seriously, for anyone still deciding if it's worth it, it is, these things just look really sexy, especially when the Turntable is in it and it's legs are connected and standing up. It takes up not much space(my rooms pretty big though), and I can easily just put the top of the lid on and my friends can set their food and drinks on it every weekend.

My two arrived today, both perfect. BB.com finally came through.

Not satisfied with doing a good job for once, though, they've totally screwed up my order for Arkham Asylum GOTY. In Store pickup...Not at Store...Ship it to me expedited for free...charge me $8 for shipping...game backordered...gift card that was used to purchase would've had some $ left over, now used up and not enough funds due to $8 for shipping...BB.com wants me to drive 20+ miles to do an in store pickup at another store...no will do...waiting to see whether they will ship the game with their screwup and $ owed because of their shipping charges, whether ill get $ back on my gift card, etc., etc., but have to wait until back in stock...what a pain in the kiester.

I got a email yesterday saying mine was canceled and no reason given. God i hate BB since they opened up there stores now this brings back ugly memories from experiences with them over those long years. Thanks OP for the post and all but i boycotted there stores locally for over 10 years and now there online store is added to the list. Fine cancel my order way later but give me a dang reason why! Ack to BB

It should fit. I have both the Wii and 360 version (DJ 1) and they each fit just fine. And I thought the turntables are all the same size, regardless of which system it was made for.

Weird that it doesn't fit. The foam tray in my cases are all identical in size and cutouts.

Also had some of the legs stuck in the collapsed position. Just twisted them back and forth until they came loose and now they work fine. It almost felt like it was stuck in glue.

I picked up a pair the other day. They had some corner wear. :( Still worth it IMO!

There were about 5-7 left after I picked the best 2. The worst had some deep dings on the corners, but some of the others were not as bad, but did have some wear. Worth the price if you're in the area Dublin, CA area.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='fadersdream']where it's at? where it's at?

side note, can we get "dead" or "oos" in the title so I stop hoping to find this?[/QUOTE]

It's not really dead, might be good to indicate it's sort of a YMMV about having to find it in-store now, though.

I arrived at the Best Buy in Lakeville, MN just in time to see employees unpacking several boxes of these cases and putting them out on the floor. Those of you who weren't able to find any at a store near you may want to check again.

The Dearborn, MI store didn't have any on the floor despite showing in stock on the website. Had a clerk look up the SKU and they had 19(!!!) in the back. Pretty safe bet they'll have some for a while. The cashier couldn't believe the price when it came up and remarked to another about someone who'd paid full price for theirs and wouldn't be happy.

Got mine from UPS today. Inside is great, pristine. The legs however... one was stuck inside itself, refusing to telescope out until I beat it with a hammer. Another is loose and wobbly in its port. Oh well, it works.

Got the 2 that I ordered online from UPS yesterday. Both were in pristine condition (still had dessicant packs inside). I'm definitely glad I ordered online because the ones at my local BB are beat up badly. Like others have noted, these are bigger and heavier than expected. But they'll serve multiple roles for me - dj hero turntable case/stand (of course!), laptop stand, arcade joystick stand, food/beverage stand, etc. These are a no brainer for about $5 each and free shipping!

My wife took one and made it a stand for a set of the mad catz portable drum pads kits. She used velcro. When she isn't using it, she just packs it away inside, she also keeps the microphones and other small music game related items inside. With the adjustable legs the way they are, you can adjust the tilt for your preferred drumming angle pretty easily, works okay for a basic drum set on the cheap, thats for sure.

[quote name='rbarba4']It should fit. I have both the Wii and 360 version (DJ 1) and they each fit just fine. And I thought the turntables are all the same size, regardless of which system it was made for.

Weird that it doesn't fit. The foam tray in my cases are all identical in size and cutouts.

Also had some of the legs stuck in the collapsed position. Just twisted them back and forth until they came loose and now they work fine. It almost felt like it was stuck in glue.[/QUOTE]

upon attempting to put my turntable in, about like 1in of it doesnt fit...maybe a little more. Perhaps I am putting it in wrong or something? I assumed all turntables fit or perhaps there is some defect with my foam cutouts

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']upon attempting to put my turntable in, about like 1in of it doesnt fit...maybe a little more. Perhaps I am putting it in wrong or something? I assumed all turntables fit or perhaps there is some defect with my foam cutouts[/QUOTE]
Must be. Mine came from a demo unit, so it has a usb cord instead of wireless and it still fits.

help me out -- i just got back from being out of town for 2 weeks, so i went to my local BB and they had one case sitting on the shelf, unlatched. The clerk said it was complete, but i'm not 100% sure...
It has the case, which includes a top and bottom that latches together. Inside was a foam insert with a space for the dj hero turntable and game, and four legs (which each include a black plastic rotating foot on the bottom). the box also had 3 packets of the desiccant silica. That's it. No instructions, nothing else. not even a bar code on the outside.
Is this complete or missing something? Do you use the actual case itself as the surface to put the game on when you screw the legs on? For those of you using them as a table or TV tray, are you just putting the lid back on and using the top of that as your flat surface?
None of my four legs are telescoping at present, but i'm going to grab a pair of vice grips and see if I can't yank them out.

p.s. all the clerks were amazed that it rang up 4.99 since there was no UPC code and the bar code in the aisle says 29.99.

bread's done
Back