DJ Hero with 2 turn tables for $39.99 at Best Buy

JPCERTIFIED

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
Just ran into this deal at Best Buy for being a gamer rewards program. They has signs posting saying buy any DJ Hero bundle and get a 2nd stand alone table for free. The tags said that the deal expired. The employee thought they would have to override it but the system automatically subtracted the stand alone table as free. So this deal is open for anybody who is part of the gamers program with or without signs posting it.

Also this deal expires on Saturday August 14, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
So this is still going on?

I might have to take back the one I bought at TRY a few weeks ago for $40. An extra $10 for another turn table seems worth it.

I sort of liked the idea of dj hero. $50 is still too much for me to bite on a game that I dont really want. We'll see what happens when 2 comes out.

Forces of evil on a bozo nightmare
Ban all the music with a phony gas chamber

I was thinking of waiting for renegade edition but two turntables is pretty sweet!

[quote name='Boost_Lee']Works in Ohio but I had to kindly remind the clerk of the deal.[/QUOTE]

What location?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evildeadjedi'] What location? [/QUOTE]

Mayfield OH Best Buy. I took both items to the counter. Guy was ready to charge full retail price but I reminded him of the deal and said it was on their website. No coupon needed.

This game totally caught me off guard. Reminds me of the first time I played Guitar Hero. Only took a few plays and some good songs to get hooked. If you are considering getting this, I highly recommend it!

[quote name='Zippon']I'd like to hear more about LinkinPrime's $35 RZ cert. It sounds pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]

Its from the rewardzone club. I had accumulated enough points for a $35 rewardzone certificate, so I used it.

Huh... this game wasn't really high on my wishlist but this is a great deal. As far as we know all of this hardware will be compatible with DJH2, correct? Any features in the new turntables I'd be missing out on by getting this rather than waiting?

Bought this 2 days ago, deal is still going, don't know for how long since the deal expired a few weeks back. No need for RZ card or any coupons deal automatically pops up when the cashier totals it out.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Its from the rewardzone club. I had accumulated enough points for a $35 rewardzone certificate, so I used it.[/QUOTE]

Sweet!

Deal still on in Illinois. I picked up a "bundle" (both boxes rubberbanded together with "official" green Xbox 360 rubberbands). There was a sticker on the back that said to ring them up with a special code and take an additional $9.99 off. I didn't want to risk it, so I didn't ask. Getting the 2nd turntable for free was a sweet deal in anticipation for DJ Hero 2.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Im 24 and i know who Beck is[/QUOTE]
I"m 30 and I had Beck's Odelay album when I was 16.

So does this deal not work online? I added dj hero and a turntable but the discount isn't showing up. It's unfortunate that my local best buy's either have only the bundle or only the turntable.

Apparently the deal is still on, I got both for the 360 today at the Henrietta, NY Best Buy. I picked up the last stand-alone table though. I asked 2 employees if they knew of the deal, and they both laughed at me and looked in a 3 ring binder full of ads and deals currently offered. They suggested I go to the service desk to see if there was anything they could do for me. When I got to "her" I didn't bother going through the whole explanation of the buy one get one free shit. Instead I just asked if she could ring these up for me to see if the stand-alone table would ring up free. She scanned it, and with her chest pushed forward, she looked at me with her beautiful brown eyes and full red lips and said, "Yep it's free." I was all like, "No shit?" So, I gave her my $25 reward zone coupon and an old gift card with $1.26 left on it and walked out of Best Buy with a make believe DJ setup and a smile on my face for only $25.73! I have a buddy that paid $180 for the Renegade edition :whistle2:/

Dang, I thought about picking this up after seeing it for $50 twice in the last three days. I went to two different best buys for some reason.

Yep... still good. I figured I'd give it a go here in Fort Worth, TX at my local Best Buy and mentioned the "deal" to the cashier. She punched it up and got the prompt. Thanks! I have no one to play DJ Hero with, really, because none of my friends like mash ups, but hey... if I break one turntable, I have another.

Worked for the new sale price of $39.99 for me this morning in Roseville, MN. I was prepared to have them check the website, but the message came up when both were scanned, and I walked out with two turntables and the game for $42, hassle free!

im just curious what u can do w/ the 2nd turntable.. is it just for split screen mp...? what is the advantage of having 2.? thanks

[quote name='threefiftyzzz']im just curious what u can do w/ the 2nd turntable.. is it just for split screen mp...? what is the advantage of having 2.? thanks[/QUOTE]

What kind of question is that? What's the point of having two game controllers? Obviously, if you have a thing called a friend or family that you want to battle with! Duh...

[quote name='Larc']What kind of question is that? What's the point of having two game controllers? Obviously, if you have a thing called a friend or family that you want to battle with! Duh...[/QUOTE]

sounds like a simple question to me but thanks for the smart ass reply, douche...i was unaware that the game even had multiplayer, let alone split screen..i simple "yes" would of been fine...

That's not a bad deal, but I'm not in the gamer rewards program.

But the way this game has been going on sale, soon they're gonna be trying to give it away just like all the music game stuff.

So would pricematching Toysrus's $40 giftcard deal invalidate this deal? Or could I pricematch and walk out of Best Buy with the game, two turntables and a $40 giftcard for $40?

[quote name='threefiftyzzz']sounds like a simple question to me but thanks for the smart ass reply, douche...i was unaware that the game even had multiplayer, let alone split screen..i simple "yes" would of been fine...[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean to be a douche, but if you find it to be a simple question, it should be simple enough to answer it yourself... I mean, come on... and this is a gaming forum -- don't tell me you didn't know Guitar Hero has multiplayer too? Even if you don't have any friends or family interested in playing it, you can sell the extra controller to someone who wants it and make the deal even sweeter.

[quote name='Disneyboy']So would pricematching Toysrus's $40 giftcard deal invalidate this deal? Or could I pricematch and walk out of Best Buy with the game, two turntables and a $40 giftcard for $40?[/QUOTE]

Go for it, Ethan Hunt. ;)

[quote name='Larc']What kind of question is that? What's the point of having two game controllers? Obviously, if you have a thing called a friend or family that you want to battle with! Duh...[/QUOTE]

LOL

That was a good drum break

I am gonna guess no. Only because at the best buy website the price of the game has dropped to 39.99. I was going to look into getting the second controller as well. if anyone has success getting the second controller with it at thel owe price point, please tell.

Still working in store. Just picked up the bundle and extra turntable for $39.99 plus tax at the Ithaca, NY Best Buy. Initially it rang up as 39.99 + 19.99 for the controller, but the 19.99 dropped off once everything got totaled.

just got back from one of my BB at it worked for me. I checked stock before I went there since I couldn't get it to work online. They ring them both up, option to the clerk to mark the extra turntable for free and I was out of there with no issues whatsoever.

They must be trying to clear some space. Thanks OP! Always wanted to try this game but didn't want to put up much money for it. I had a $15 GC from the buy 2 for $20 Blu-ray special last week so I walked out the door for just $25 and tax!

No reward zone needed, when cashier scans both, a pop up on the screen will ask cashier to confirm the free turntable.

[quote name='ryocholz']No reward zone needed, when cashier scans both, a pop up on the screen will ask cashier to confirm the free turntable.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Man, I want to get this but I have NEVER given these music games a a fair try. I enjoy Rap/hip-hop and the idea of this game interests me. One question are the soundtracks censored? I would assume so..

Not specifically related to this deal (can't find that thread right now), but BestBuy.com cancelled my DJ Hero turntable order for $19.99 a few days ago, I didn't even notice it was cancelled. I happen to be driving the 45 miles to my "local" BB. They have a crapload of them on the shelves for $19.99.

Again, I don't know what good my platinum status is with them if they continue to cancel orders that they have plenty of stock in store on. They've done this numerous times, including on the Logitech wheel I never found at a store.

Confirmed deal is still going on at the Gainesville, VA BB! the cashier, "Officer Jones" was shocked that it was coming up like that... AP was eyeballing me during the entire transaction...... yea...I hacked the best buy register system using my Zune HD to give give me a 80 dollar item for 40 and a 20 dollar item for free....yep yep.... this is why my zune HD is better than your ipod Just Kidding! lol! Anyways great deal! Thanks OP!

[quote name='js1']Man, I want to get this but I have NEVER given these music games a a fair try. I enjoy Rap/hip-hop and the idea of this game interests me. One question are the soundtracks censored? I would assume so..[/QUOTE]

i picked it up yesterday and played through the first two sets and the tracks appear to be censored. from what i could tell offensive words were either scratched over or faded out using the cross-fader (?). nothing too annoying like a bleep though (yet).

i havent played a music game for awhile after getting burned out on GH. but DJH is a pretty fresh experience. and as a fan of mash ups its pretty entertaining too.

I picked up the game and 2nd controller for $50 on Saturday, & Sunday saw the online Sale Price drop to $39.99. I was able to have it Price Matched without any nonsense about the free 2nd controller...though I've been burned on such "bundle" deals in the past. For anyone who got this great deal at $50, doesn't hurt to try to PM it according to the new sales price on BB.com. YMMV

I have been avoiding this deal for awhile now since I just cant get myself to buy another music peripheral, seeing how I have quite a few instruments in my closet gathering dust, but every time I see it on the front page it gets harder to resist. At $40 I may have to clear some space in my closet. :lol:

[quote name='ITDEFX']Confirmed deal is still going on at the Gainesville, VA BB! the cashier, "Officer Jones" was shocked that it was coming up like that... AP was eyeballing me during the entire transaction...... yea...I hacked the best buy register system using my Zune HD to give give me a 80 dollar item for 40 and a 20 dollar item for free....yep yep.... this is why my zune HD is better than your ipod Just Kidding! lol! Anyways great deal! Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

what do you mean by hack ? it doesn't ring up as $39.99?

[quote name='CaoPi']what do you mean by hack ? it doesn't ring up as $39.99?[/QUOTE]

Dude I was JUST KIDDING!!! Remember what I was saying in my post? AP (BB security) was eyeballing me (watching me/staring at me) during the entire transaction like something funny was up. Guess management never tells them about "Promos" in which customers end up with something for free with purchase. I was trying to make a funny but no ha ha for me :(

And yes it did ring up 40.

Yup worked for me yesterday, $39.99 + free turn table. Humorously I did a rering for a previous purchase of DJ Hero where I price matched TRU - and got my second turntable for free - but somehow the tax was different so Best Buy paid me $1.60 to take a second turn table off their hands. Win.

bread's done
Back