Do we really need a Paul Bearer Memorial Thread? Ohhhhhhhhh Yeeeeessss

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Chase']They need to put that stuff on USB drives and sell them. I would buy them by the yea- Oh wait, RF Video. Feinstein. Nevermind. I cannot support a pedophile. Dang it.[/QUOTE]

This.

Also why I can't support Chasyn Rance. Or whatever that pedo's name is.

[quote name='Scorch']On a much lighter note, it appears that WWE is re-releasing Wrestlemania 1-15 on DVD individually next week. They're all available on Amazon for $10.47 each. Here's an article on WWEDVDNews along with covers (which look alright, nothing special) along with links to buy them.

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/cover-art-wrestlemania-dvd-re-releases/36422/[/QUOTE]

Nice, I'll be picking up 14 and 15 for sure, especially since they will likely be unblurred now. The price on Amazon has gone up to $13.46 though but I'm still thinking it's worth it just for the nostalgia. Another odd cover choice is for 14. Sure 'Taker/Kane was a good match with a lot of history but Stone Cold/HBK was pretty damn big too.

As current wrestling and WWE are absolute pig vomit.....I came across the article of Paul Bearer dieing and my first thought was towards The Funeral Parlor segments and the Kamala/Undertake feud. Then I remembered when Kane debuted with Paul Bearer in the late 90's.

Wrestling was so good back then. Now it is nothing more than dog shit soap opera for children and white trash.

paul-bearer_288x288.jpg

While it's certainly not as good as it used to be, I wouldn't go as far as calling it what you did. I've never once stopped watching it over the years and I still enjoy myself at least to a certain extent.

Also, most of us were like 13 during those years. Looking back there is some really stupid shit, even from the Attitude era. We just remember the good stuff.

[quote name='Tsel']While it's certainly not as good as it used to be, I wouldn't go as far as calling it what you did. I've never once stopped watching it over the years and I still enjoy myself at least to a certain extent.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes you just grow up. /shrug

Wrestling hasn't been good since 2003/2004. I watched TNA a year or so back and made it 15 minutes before changing the channel.

I guess my current distain of wrestling is simliar to how I used to like Adam Sandler movies and now think it's complete trash.

People's opinions change when they grow up.

[quote name='Tsel']While it's certainly not as good as it used to be, I wouldn't go as far as calling it what you did. I've never once stopped watching it over the years and I still enjoy myself at least to a certain extent.[/QUOTE]

I will occasionally watch a pay per view here or there (or the best of Raw 2011 on Netflix or whatever), but I haven't watched religiously since 2004 or so.

Trying to watch it now, it's just not as good. I think part of it is that I don't know a good chunk of the wrestlers, and the ones I don't recognize, don't seem to have the same...personality(?)...that I remember wrestlers having. It might be because I don't watch it all the time so I don't get their character storylines and whatnot, but it's hard for me to stay interested in these guys.

[quote name='xilly']I like how the most random fucking people come out of the woodwork during these threads.[/QUOTE]

I've been lurking the rasslin threads since '93

I was think of calling it The "He was Paul Bearer and You're Not" memorial thread but I like what you guys did better.

On the Yahoo home page, it says "Creepy-looking pro wrestling icon dies". Why is it that reporters always have to take shots at wrestling, especially with deaths? There are all of these charitable things WWE and TNA (and I'm sure various indy feds) have done, but I have yet to see any stories on them unless I read them in the CAG threads.

Who will be Paul Bearer's pallbearers?

[quote name='Mattte']I've been lurking the rasslin threads since '93[/QUOTE]

You know who else can make that claim? Anyone.

Shut up, Zen Davis.

[quote name='Mattte']I've been lurking the rasslin threads since '93[/QUOTE]

Since '93 you say? I guess you mean the rasslin BBS then because I don't think there were any real dedicated "threads" back then.

So.. this is going to enrage Demoman.

km7AFnH.jpg

That's el generico Rico El Gene conflicting reports about his new name in NXT he competed under his real name, Rami Sebei.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']So.. this is going to enrage Demoman.

km7AFnH.jpg

That's el generico Rico El Gene conflicting reports about his new name in NXT.[/QUOTE]

facepalm.jpg

Man it's good to have ym PC back up and running. I've been using my 3DS for internet for almost 3 weeks.

..and the first thing I find is a demasked El Generico. Lovely.

[quote name='4thHorseman']I will occasionally watch a pay per view here or there (or the best of Raw 2011 on Netflix or whatever), but I haven't watched religiously since 2004 or so.

Trying to watch it now, it's just not as good. I think part of it is that I don't know a good chunk of the wrestlers, and the ones I don't recognize, don't seem to have the same...personality(?)...that I remember wrestlers having. It might be because I don't watch it all the time so I don't get their character storylines and whatnot, but it's hard for me to stay interested in these guys.[/QUOTE]
I just don't like the complete lack of creativity. They've completely stopped trying to really give wrestlers gimmicks, they're just guys with funny names now. I mean sure, it's not like I'm going to believe some of the character's back stories, but it was fun. Watching Taker get hit and just stand there like he didn't even feel it, that was fucking awesome. Sure we know he isn't dead, but it's still fun to let go of reality once and a while.

Wrestling characters just aren't fun anymore. I think back to some of the better characters in the past, and none of these new guys come close.

Rami Sebai, his real name, according to PW Insider.

WWE is looking for a new VP of Creative. Eric Pankowski, who replaced Gerwitz, got fired apparently as he was not open to any ideas that weren't his own, also according to PWInsider and this led to a bunch of conflict.

Close minded creative control. This is WWE.

I want to know what he can be held responsible for before I pass judgement on how fucking poopy he is.

[quote name='ced']Damn he is quite generic looking in that pic.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I can see why he went with the luchidor gimmick in the first place.

[quote name='Scorch']So.. this is going to enrage Demoman.

km7AFnH.jpg

That's el generico Rico El Gene conflicting reports about his new name in NXT he competed under his real name, Rami Sebei.[/QUOTE]

26263_1281352107443_1039261685_3070.jpg

All joking aside I'm gald he isn't using the El Generico gimnmick in the WWE. That way if he get future endeavored he can go right back to being El Generico in ROH/PWG/etc.

I suddenly want to see Rami and Ricardo Rodriguez to team to form Local Generico. I'm sure this feeling will pass.

So, I realize that muscles aren't everything in wrestling but shouldn't some sort of regular weight-training occur at some point? Dude is flatter than I am and I lift at my freaking apartment complex "weight room" twice a week for like half an hour each time.

I contributed $15. As much as I have my doubts about this lasting long term, I hope he and Jake succeed.

Apparently there was a Chikara show in Tampa this weekend. I wish I could have gone as I've been meaning to hit up a show eventually and the Chikara one would have been perfect. They usually put it up on Youtube or their own?

Hopefully that fundraiser for Hall will show him that people actually care about him and want him to get better, and will give him some extra motivation. I know he'll never stay sober until he really wants to, but maybe this will help. It's at $26,000 now, which is $20,000 more in less than 24 hours since I posted the last total.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Hopefully that fundraiser for Hall will show him that people actually care about him and want him to get better, and will give him some extra motivation. I know he'll never stay sober until he really wants to, but maybe this will help. It's at $26,000 now, which is $20,000 more in less than 24 hours since I posted the last total.[/QUOTE]

fucking crazy man! $30,144 as of this posting.

Really? All this effort to re-sign Jeff Hardy and nobody outside of Bobby Roode himself could be arsed to think, "Hey, isn't there another contract we should be concerned about?"

Great week for reveals with the ROH PPV and then Impact. I think the A's/8's reveal will work since he has always been a good talker and also shows a deeper level of infiltration into TNA.

Garrett Bischoff will always be the sore thumb of the group. He looks like a kid who won a "Be a member of Aces and Eights for a day!" contest.

[quote name='Spyder187']Wha......... Can I PLEASE have that 26 seconds of my life back?[/QUOTE]

If you just close your eyes and enjoy the Streets of Rage music it's time well spent.

I made that bogus vignette with the extremely misleading title and thumbnail to troll prototypical WWE fanboys whom happen to stumble upon it. ;)

Imagine a WWE fanboy who doesn't follow wrestling news online watching that after being baited into thinking Hardy was coming "home". Muaahahahahaaa...

[quote name='neocisco']Great week for reveals with the ROH PPV and then Impact. I think the A's/8's reveal will work since he has always been a good talker and also shows a deeper level of infiltration into TNA.

Garrett Bischoff will always be the sore thumb of the group. He looks like a kid who won a "Be a member of Aces and Eights for a day!" contest.[/QUOTE]

It'll be interesting to see where they take this Steen angle. And, just a note, his match with Redwood is how to maintain a dominant champion while putting over lower-card talent. WWE Creative doesn't seem to get it. (Do they have any wrasslin people doing their stuff?)

Garrett Bischoff will always be a sore thumb because he lacks his father's charisma and, bah gahd, in-ring ability. Quite a statement of his potential. The latest reveal works for the reason you state. However, you gotta wonder where this ends. Who will be the boss? The obvious choices would be Jarrett, Bischoff, even Carter, and Hogan. They gotta think outside the box for this to be truly worthwhile.

In my ideal scenario, the boss of Aces and Eights would be Jim Cornette. Could you imagine? Not that Cornette would ever return to TNA, but if he did, a ROH invasion would be supreme. If I read correctly last week, TNA's ratings have been improving, and have been around 1.5 since gaining the Bellator crowd. All I know is that something drastic needs to happen. This last Thursday show was the last show in the Impact Zone, right? That's a step in the right direction.

Going by their schedule it looks like they'll be in a new town every other Thursday for Impact. I don't know if they'll record the next week's episode then or if they'll rotate back to the Impact Zone on those weeks. I don't mind them being in the Impact Zone on that kind of schedule as long as they keep hitting the road. It gets them fresh crowds in the new towns while making the Orlando shows not as repetitive. Assuming this is a possibility, it's either all Impacts on the road but every other week being a taped episode or every other Impact back in the Impact Zone but being live every week. Personally, I'm fine with some IZ shows as long as it's live every week.

As far as Aces and Eights, another theory I've heard about who the President could be is
Bully Ray.
This could work very well considering his current status and the betrayal that would be. If this turns out to be it then that is some excellent long term planning on someone's part. I don't expect the reveal until around Slammiversary (June) with the apex of the A's/8's storyline at BFG in October. Overall, I think the booking concerning A's/8's has been quite good.

That triple tag team match was awesome!

-

I still think the leader of Aces and Eights is Russo.

Aces And Eights president revealed tonight to be....

bubbay.jpg

Buh Buh called himself the Aces And Eights president tonight post match.

Oh and he won the belt too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back