Do you drink alcohol?

[quote name='Cornfedwb']No.. he's a bullshitter.[/QUOTE]
"She". That mistake, in the wild, could get you in trouble.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']No.. he's a bullshitter.[/QUOTE]

Andre The Giant was a bullshitter? Is that why Sony is superior to everything? I'm confused and I need a drink!

Never had a reason to, and going to a school where it seems like the only reason people drink is to be a badass it further deters me from trying er out.

Social drinker, for lack of a better term. Parties/hang outs/etc. The only problem is that none of my friends have had their own apartments over the summer, but my August move-out should fix this. I'm a big fan of the mixed drinks, I really can't drink vodka/any other hard liquor straight up. I'm not manly enough for that...yet. My reasons? It's fun and there's no better way to start a friendship with fellow students.

I used to drink, heavily. Then I hit rock bottom. I woke up sore and spooning my brother's dog. The worst part, on my cd player was "Rick Astley - Never gonna give you up" on repeat. I don't even own that cd. I still wonder where I got it.

[quote name='doho7744']I used to drink, heavily. Then I hit rock bottom. I woke up sore and spooning my brother's dog. The worst part, on my cd player was "Rick Astley - Never gonna give you up" on repeat. I don't even own that cd. I still wonder where I got it.[/QUOTE]

rickroll! :rofl:

I used to drink a lot at school much more then I do now, it gets old. Now in regards to GPA, the semester I was messed up 4 nights a week I got a 3.8 with 19 credit hours. That's a decent amount and I went to almost all of my classes. It depends where your priorities are, and most students in college drink b/c there isn't anything else to do...and they are away from their parents.

Anyways since I'm back in school I drink Fri and Sat, sometimes just a few beers with my bubs, sometimes I go to parties and sometimes a few pitchers are involved.

But Steel Reserve is pretty bad, as is Old English I'll drink that if someone buys it for me. But for some reason I'll drink Mickey's ICE and/or Keystone Ice, guess I like the taste.

As for Hard liquor, I'll drink a white Russian, or a Tequila Sunrise. Long Islands make me vomit pretty hard but I'll still drink them.

But in the last year or so I became a prety big social drinker. Maybe one beer at home with the gf or when I have dinner.

Drank almost every weekend in college (93-96). Now, I have a couple on the weekends, or at those "all you can drink for $25-30" bar deals. There's nothing wrong with a couple beers, as long as you do in moderation. Getting too old to get blitzed and feel like shit the next day.

Corona
Heineken
Becks
Guiness
Miller Lite/Coors Light
Jack Daniels

[quote name='fart_bubble']Damn, now I want some hand grenades[/quote]

Hell yeah. Those little things are awesome. I want some now too.

I don't drink alcohol at all. Just a decision I made for myself a long time ago. (I'm 41) I was fortunate enough when I was younger to have friends that (almost) never gave me a hard time about not drinking. Maybe they knew me well enough to know that rather than give in and drink with them, I would have just found new friends. Or, maybe they were just glad to have a designated driver around all the time. :lol:

[quote name='crazytalkx']Social drinker, for lack of a better term. Parties/hang outs/etc. The only problem is that none of my friends have had their own apartments over the summer, but my August move-out should fix this. I'm a big fan of the mixed drinks, I really can't drink vodka/any other hard liquor straight up. I'm not manly enough for that...yet. My reasons? It's fun and there's no better way to start a friendship with fellow students.[/QUOTE]Well, I make friends by helping them out with their homework, or just doing their homework for them. Only problem is that they only talk to me when they need homework help. :( Many thing drinking would help loosen me up and get me more social (I'll be honest, many people think I'm socially inept), possibly getting me a girlfriend.

Does anyone feel that drinking gets them away from depending on video games too much? I depend on video games too much, but I'm not sure whether drinking with friends would help that problem?

[quote name='Cornfedwb']
And I drink wine almost nightly with dinner, and occasionally a beer or two.[/QUOTE]

IMO drinking wine with food isn't drinking. Its part of the food experience. As long as your wine is paired with your food its not drinking. Now if your drinking the same $3 "rhine" every night, then you've got a drinking problem.

[quote name='Dead of Knight'] I think it's so stupid how most college kids waste time and money on the stuff, and end up acting retarded and having a much lower GPA in the process. I like parties, though I haven't really gone to many in my college career, but I just don't see the point in drinking.[/QUOTE]

Cause most college kids get drunk as humanly possible, and act stupid as possible to tell the stories of how "drunk, and stupid we were." Which I think is dumb, drink reasonably not to get smashed. Now if your drinking reasonably, and end up getting drunk well thats part of the experience. But if you go out and consume everything in sight, and get drunk within an hour, smashed with 2 or 3 hours then thats not cool.

[quote name='javeryh']I have the same issue with Goldschläger. It did make the vomit all sparklely though![/QUOTE]

Please don't mention Goldschlager. God the horrible thing I did to that Mcdonalds bathroom. btw never up it came up it all went down.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Well, I make friend by helping them out with their homework, or just doing their homework for them. Only problem is that they only talk to me when they need homework help. :( Many thing drinking would help loosen me up and get me more social (I'll be honest, many people think I'm socially inept), possibly getting me a girlfriend.
[/QUOTE]

To be honest, this isn't healthy either, these people are just using you to do their homework. I don't think drinking is really going to help you get a girlfriend.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Well, I make friend by helping them out with their homework, or just doing their homework for them. Only problem is that they only talk to me when they need homework help. :( Many thing drinking would help loosen me up and get me more social (I'll be honest, many people think I'm socially inept), possibly getting me a girlfriend.

Does anyone feel that drinking gets them away from depending on video games too much? I depend on video games too much, but I'm not sure whether drinking with friends would help that problem?[/QUOTE]

Those can't even be considered friends. Friends get me away from video games (unless we're playing some online FPS together occasionally, when lacking better things to do) and drinking wouldn't really change this since I still hang out with my high school friends, so the college drinking friends can be considered an extra.

Does anyone feel that drinking gets them away from depending on video games too much? I depend on video games too much, but I'm not sure whether drinking with friends would help that problem?[/quote]

No, you'll probably still have very few friends and you'll have another addiction to feed.

If you really want to be more social you're going to have to force yourself to go out and meet people, join some school clubs, take more classes that involve group work and presentations or go find a geeky hobby the requires more social interaction (D&D, Magic, etc.)

[quote name='jennie25']i used to drink everyday before I turned 21, after that it just wasn't fun to get obliterated in that way every day :( besides, drinkin 2 fifths a day takes a toll on a person[/QUOTE]

A toll indeed. If they don't die first, the become pathological liars, apparently.

I used to drink, but it was messin' up my street games with Kareem Abdul-Jabar. I knew I had a drinking problem when he started winning. My good friends Oprah Winfrey, Snuffleupagus, and Don Rickles insisted that I lay off the sauce. And that was the end.

Until I drank like fuckin' 7 bottles of Jack Daniels in one night. Outrunning the police in a Maserati isn't very hard if you've only had, like, 4 or 5 fifths, man...but I tell you what. That 7th bottle really hits you when you least expect it.

After I beat up all the police in Los Angeles, I stopping by an In-n-Out burger for some grub. When I realized that I had deep fried the cook's head for putting mustard on my burger (I made sure not to slur my words when I said 'no.fucking.mustard."), then I knew I had a problem.

Since then, I've been clean and sober. I still think I could beat Kareem with half a fifth tied behind my back, though. He just won't admit to it.

Used to an awful lot (well, usually Friday or saturday). I'm trying to put on lean mass now, so I've stopped since alcohol is high in useless calories and carbohydrates, and seriously fucks with your protein metabolism.

I'm willing to be once classes start again, I'll be back on the wagon, but I expect to drink significantly less and absolutely no cheap crap. It's all top-shelf and micro/high quality macro brews for me (Arrogant Bastard ftw).

[quote name='mykevermin']A toll indeed. If they don't die first, the become pathological liars, apparently.

I used to drink, but it was messin' up my street games with Kareem Abdul-Jabar. I knew I had a drinking problem when he started winning. My good friends Oprah Winfrey, Snuffleupagus, and Don Rickles insisted that I lay off the sauce. And that was the end.

Until I drank like fuckin' 7 bottles of Jack Daniels in one night. Outrunning the police in a Maserati isn't very hard if you've only had, like, 4 or 5 fifths, man...but I tell you what. That 7th bottle really hits you when you least expect it.

After I beat up all the police in Los Angeles, I stopping by an In-n-Out burger for some grub. When I realized that I had deep fried the cook's head for putting mustard on my burger (I made sure not to slur my words when I said 'no.fucking.mustard."), then I knew I had a problem.

Since then, I've been clean and sober. I still think I could beat Kareem with half a fifth tied behind my back, though. He just won't admit to it.[/quote]

Word. :rofl:

It's supposed to be a sober wagon.
Unless you're making a joke and I don't get it, which means I need more alcohol.

Alcohol itself I tried it and it tastes like crap. Alcohol is for people who want to escape the day. All it does is just speeds up the heart since it is a poisin and your body absorbs nothing from it.

I go by the forever rule. If I was a drinker I would have been drinking beer since I was eleven or twelve instead I have games for that:roll:.

My sister drinks causaul since she was like 14 or 16 and she is like 26 and she still says it tastes terrible.

My mother has some beer but mostly wine from time to time.

My father has a beer almost everyday. I told him about me drinking beer and he said you must have had something not good.

Alcohol is the last thing I need in my life. The idea never even cross my mind.

[quote name='dallow']It's supposed to be a sober wagon.
Unless you're making a joke and I don't get it, which means I need more alcohol.[/QUOTE]

Essentailly, I made a mistake and was just trying to play it off. =(

We both need some alcohol.

Hot summer day yesterday, and I stopped in somewhere for a vodka + cranberry juice.

That is refreshing.

[quote name='Loyaltist Shinra']Alcohol itself I tried it and it tastes like crap. Alcohol is for people who want to escape the day. All it does is just speeds up the heart since it is a poisin and your body absorbs nothing from it.

I go by the forever rule. If I was a drinker I would have been drinking beer since I was eleven or twelve instead I have games for that:roll:.

My sister drinks causaul since she was like 14 or 16 and she is like 26 and she still says it tastes terrible.

My mother has some beer but mostly wine from time to time.

My father has a beer almost everyday. I told him about me drinking beer and he said you must have had something not good.

Alcohol is the last thing I need in my life. The idea never even cross my mind.[/quote]

slidecage?

[quote name='zionoverfire']No, you'll probably still have very few friends and you'll have another addiction to feed.

If you really want to be more social you're going to have to force yourself to go out and meet people, join some school clubs, take more classes that involve group work and presentations or go find a geeky hobby the requires more social interaction (D&D, Magic, etc.)[/QUOTE]Not a bad idea. I dropped classes before because of group work, which I probably shouldn't have.
[quote name='Maklershed']slidecage?[/QUOTE]No that isn't. I know slidecage a bit, because we are both live in the same city currently, and he's one of my favorite members here at CAG.

[quote name='Loyaltist Shinra']All it does is just speeds up the heart since it is a poisin and your body absorbs nothing from it.
[/QUOTE]

you obviously don't know anything about alcohol. alcohol is a depressant/downer substance. It does NOT increase your heart rate.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Well, I make friends by helping them out with their homework, or just doing their homework for them. Only problem is that they only talk to me when they need homework help. :(

Many thing drinking would help loosen me up and get me more social (I'll be honest, many people think I'm socially inept), possibly getting me a girlfriend.

Does anyone feel that drinking gets them away from depending on video games too much? I depend on video games too much, but I'm not sure whether drinking with friends would help that problem?[/QUOTE]

wow just wow, its almost too sad to laugh

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." ~Frank Sinatra

My family has a history of alcoholism, so I don't drink.

Works out rather well for me, as I generally didn't enjoy the taste of the few things I did try. Plus, it's too fucking expensive. Don't have a problem with other people doing it, since I get the benefit of being fully cogent for their hilarious drunken escapades.

I have maybe a beer a month. I still haven't gotten around to trying most types of liquor, but for the most part beer just doesn't appeal to me. Just a Guinness every now and then to change it up.

Primary reason though, is that I'd rather spend the cash on games and other things. I'd rather go out for a good steak than buy a bottle of booze.

I didn't start drinking alcohol 'til two years ago and I got ridiculous as much as possible until two months ago when I graduated. Now, I hardly drink because I can't afford what I enjoy (Blue Moon for beer and Jack Daniel's for hard liquor). I know those two aren't expensive, but my income right now is extremely low.

I had my fun with getting drunk so now I might have a few beers every so often, but that's about it.

I love beer. I think it taste great. Black coffee and beer ftw! (not together though ;) )

At school I probably drink once a week or every other week. Nothing beats cracking open a cold one and playing some games with your friends after a rough week of school :D

lol... mango vodka over beer any day. screwdrivers and cosmos rule

i make sure my drinks taste good...chicks dig that too.. gotta find the drinks that taste good and do damage

[quote name='headpiece747']"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." ~Frank Sinatra[/QUOTE]

[quote name='javeryh']"Here's to alcohol, the cause of — and solution to — all life's problems" - Homer[/QUOTE]

rofl, well said!

nothin better than sitting back while watchin some wrasslin and having some drinks

072.jpg

I don't drink. Not that I completely abstain, I know what alcohol tastes like but I don't feel any particular need to drink. My mother is Portuguese and they didn't have a drinking age in Portugal when she grew up so when I was growing up she had absolutely no qualms giving us a taste of wine or beer whenever she had some. And since I don't like the taste of the stuff, why drink it?

Second reason is that I'm apparently allergic to alcohol. Drinking less than half a beer or even less of the hard stuff will give me a wicked migraine.

Pot also seems to give me migraines but that's okay since I'm quite anti-social.

[quote name='dpadilla4']drink drink it help your self esteem (lol). It feels good to have a bear after a long day at work especially on friday nights.[/quote]

I too enjoy bear company, we usually wrestle to release tension.
24bear-blue-house.jpg

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']wow just wow, its almost too sad to laugh[/quote]

it is just like those movies where you see a geeky kid get owned, i always wondered if something like that really existed.

[quote name='dallow']
309070393lfq8.jpg
[/QUOTE]

LMAO.

I started laughing and couldn't stop, like I had too much.

Anyways, I don't get the people who harp on all of life's problems because they don't participate. If you don't drink, you don't know how you'll handle it. Alcohol doesn't cause your GPA to drop, doesn't make you a bad person, doesn't make you be looked down upon by your friends. It's okay to abstain, but you're about 80 years too late to be a teetotaler.

I drink sparingly, but usually I have beers. Corona Light, Miller Lite, Iron City Light, Modelo Especial, Stella, Guiness. Yummy. I have been known to drink Natty Ice in times of desperation.

When I get drunk, there isn't a middle ground. I get blasted, but it's usually with friends at a house. No danger of doing anything stupid that can't be fixed with an apology the next morning. I've been blessed with the rare ability to never get hungover, either.

Whatever you do, do not drink Miller Chill. I bet you're thinking, 'Hey, I like Mexican beer and Miller, I bet this would be good.' And you'd be completely wrong. Tastes like sweat. And not the kind off a hot chick's stomach at the bar.

bread's done
Back