"Do you know where I can find some sailors?" I can tell you if you post in GGT #82!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized that it came out on the VC this week. I want to own it just for the comedy factor. And to force my friends and roommates to play it :D

$9 for a bad shooter with gay men sounds like something GGTers would do.

The new GamesTM is awesome! 16 different covers with different characters from SF4! And they review the game!

I got guile, I was hoping for Chun-Li, but they only had Abel, Balrog, Guile, and Rufus. It was a toss up between Guile and Rufus.

UK gaming magazines are so much more badass than US ones.

Okay. This is my third GGT and I'm sorry for not contributing like I'd like to. I'm half busy with other things and half just stupid and not sure what to post.

But I entered the Tribal stage of Spore, then my computer restarted itself to install auto updates. Cool :roll:

And I've knocked out 2 of 6 levels in Episode 1 in Lego Star Wars. Though this is so going on the back burner come Tuesday.

It feels real good to be gaming regularly again.

I really hate being poor.

Now I don't mean the run-of-the-mill I-have-no-cash-but-I-can-use-my-CC-to-buy-damn-well-anything whining I used to do. I mean honest-to-god poor. Like I can't afford to put money in my gas tank to drive to a game store, let alone buy a game poor.

Good thing I still have a rather tiny backlog of games to still dig through. Could *finally* play Persona 3 FES for the first time ever (and I've owned it since launch) and try and finish Bionic Commando RA on that triple. But I think I'll try and sleep first.

Oh and I saw a review of Condemned 2 that stated the game suffers from "Indigo Prophecy" Syndrome. Which is to say the first 1/2 to 3/4 of the game is awesome, while the remainder of the game consists of bat-shit-crazy plot twists. Not sure if I want to play it anymore, but I do want to finish Part 1, so I gotta hunt that down when I get a chance (and money (and a 360 that doesn't suck a mean D when it comes to Disk reading)).

[quote name='Ahadi']Okay. This is my third GGT and I'm sorry for not contributing like I'd like to. I'm half busy with other things and half just stupid and not sure what to post.

But I entered the Tribal stage of Spore, then my computer restarted itself to install auto updates. Cool :roll:

And I've knocked out 2 of 6 levels in Episode 1 in Lego Star Wars. Though this is so going on the back burner come Tuesday.

It feels real good to be gaming regularly again.[/QUOTE]

I wanna get back to regualy gaming myself. Seems like the nearly 11 month Sabbatical I took from games sort of helped make me want to play them again. Doesn't hurt that they seem like a decent way to blot out the pain of being cheated on & then dumped by a girl that didn't even see you as a BF in the first place (not to mention the crippling social anxiety that came back with a vengeance because of it).

[quote name='jer7583']The new GamesTM is awesome! 16 different covers with different characters from SF4! And they review the game!

I got guile, I was hoping for Chun-Li, but they only had Abel, Balrog, Guile, and Rufus. It was a toss up between Guile and Rufus.

UK gaming magazines are so much more badass than US ones.[/QUOTE]
Haha, yeah. Have an Edge sub (SF4 review in their latest issue as well; they gave it a 9 and basically said it's a fighting game masterpiece), but I've heard plenty of good things about GamesTM. Offhand, I don't know anywhere that sells it, though. Will have to find a place, sometime. Maybe soon, since I'd like a Chun-Li SF4 cover myself :D

More FFVII today. Also need to decide what I'm going to play next. I have a bunch of Shin Megami Tensei games in my backlog; maybe one of those. Or maybe a Tales game; kind of in the mood for one.

[quote name='blueshinra']Haha, yeah. Have an Edge sub (SF4 review in their latest issue as well; they gave it a 9 and basically said it's a fighting game masterpiece), but I've heard plenty of good things about GamesTM. Offhand, I don't know anywhere that sells it, though. Will have to find a place, sometime. Maybe soon, since I'd like a Chun-Li SF4 cover myself :D
[/quote]

The Barnes and Noble near me stocks both Edge and GamesTM Blue, so maybe try there.

Being from the UK I have a subscription to Games TM as it only costs like 6 pounds a quarter, pretty good value. It's probably my favourite magazine.

Well more C&C3 last night, I'm getting a bit sick of it TBH, but I want to finish it.

[quote name='benjamouth']The Barnes and Noble near me stocks both Edge and GamesTM Blue, so maybe try there.

Being from the UK I have a subscription to Games TM as it only costs like 6 pounds a quarter, pretty good value. It's probably my favourite magazine.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the tip; I'll keep an eye out for it.

Good morning GGT! :wave:

I'm hyped for DQIV too. Booo to all you DQ haters. (I'm lookin at you, Rei. :shock: )

Its a great rainy day to play some games. Gonna play some FFX-2 first, then probably some Warhawk and Disgaea 3 later.

'morning guys. So I guess my girlfriend called me at 6:20 this morning and I have no recollection of the phone call... Odd...

Today is going to be a good day though! I've only got one class that's out by 1:45 and I've got nothing to do unless the bitch assigns homework. So all I'm feeling for the rest of the day is marathon gaming! Oh God will it be good...

[quote name='jer7583']$9 for a bad shooter with gay men sounds like something GGTers would do.

The new GamesTM is awesome! 16 different covers with different characters from SF4! And they review the game!

UK gaming magazines are so much more badass than US ones.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='benjamouth']The Barnes and Noble near me stocks both Edge and GamesTM Blue, so maybe try there.

Being from the UK I have a subscription to Games TM as it only costs like 6 pounds a quarter, pretty good value. It's probably my favourite magazine.

Well more C&C3 last night, I'm getting a bit sick of it TBH, but I want to finish it.[/QUOTE]

I want to score a copy of the Official Playstation UK magazine if I can -- if the kratos LBP download is *region* free. Anybody know where I can score that or know if the code is generic and should work in any PSN store?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I want to score a copy of the Official Playstation UK magazine if I can -- if the kratos LBP download is *region* free. Anybody know where I can score that or know if the code is generic and should work in any PSN store?[/quote]

I'm not sure if anywhere in the US would stock it, maybe try the big book stores like B&N.
If you found it definitely was region free I can get someone in the UK to grab it for you and I can send you the code.

[quote name='benjamouth']I'm not sure if anywhere in the US would stock it, maybe try the big book stores like B&N.
If you found it definitely was region free I can get someone in the UK to grab it for you and I can send you the code.[/QUOTE]

That would rock, because I

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']except in gaming it's alot more relevant. it's still done today in movies, so it's never just an 80s thing.[/quote]

I know there is nudity in today's films. But in 80's action films there as always ome big tittied broad jumping up with her balloons going crazy and running past the camera. It had nothing to do with the plot and had no real place in the movie, other than "Hey look! Bewbz!" Now in films today there is a reason why there is a naked chick. Generally.

Played more Yakuza andenjoyed it moe. I am going to look for a cheap copy around here(MI). I really want to find a bike and bash a guy in the face with it.

shaqfu2.png

:rofl:

[quote name='Krymner']Good morning GGT! :wave:

I'm hyped for DQIV too. Booo to all you DQ haters. (I'm lookin at you, Rei. :shock: )

[/QUOTE]
Booo to DQ.

Not even gonna give DQIV a chance? Dang, u a stone cold hater, dawg.

But that's okay. I'll be sure to tell you all about it so you'll know how much fun you're missing.

I'm still gonna wait for the reviews on DQIV, cause I just don't know how relevant that game still is today. I'm hoping it's good, tho...

The IGN Kangaroos (Australians) have their Wario Land Shake Shake review...

http://wii.ign.com/articles/909/909309p1.html

And that's Wario Land: The Shake Dimension. It's really solid, though never mind-blowing or even particularly genre-defining in any one area. It is, in actuality, a fairly short and straightforward adventure that you'll either love intensely for a very short time - say, over a weekend – or you'll mildly enjoy it and take your time.

So it sounds decent but not really great... Ima pass on it. There's enough great platformers that I don't feel the need for one that's just competent.

DQ4!!!!!!

it's a masterpiece when it comes to telling short stories.

first part of chapter 5 should leave you in tears. and it's only 5 minutes long.

[quote name='Kendal']I know there is nudity in today's films. But in 80's action films there as always ome big tittied broad jumping up with her balloons going crazy and running past the camera. It had nothing to do with the plot and had no real place in the movie, other than "Hey look! Bewbz!" Now in films today there is a reason why there is a naked chick. Generally.[/quote]

All I can think of is the chick in the hotel in Commando. Arnold's running around blasting bad dudes and that chick is just getting all hysterical and jumping up and down. I'd put that on my video resume if I was him.

[quote name='depascal22']All I can think of is the chick in the hotel in Commando. Arnold's running around blasting bad dudes and that chick is just getting all hysterical and jumping up and down. I'd put that on my video resume if I was him.[/quote]

Didn't they do a joke like that in Airplane? I think there's a bit were everyone is panicing and some topless chick just randomly appears infront of the camera.

Hurricane Ike is making everyone up here go bat shit insane and like, the town is pretty much on lockdown. Shit sucks.

Yakuza 3 details omg.... via duckroll on NeoGAF

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/104/104715/

Nagoshi gave a talk at the CESA Developer's Conference this week, and highlighted some details about Ryu ga Gotoku 3. Most of the talk is about the production of the series, the growth of the development process and the team, etc. But at the end he makes some very interesting remarks about the technical aspects of RgG3:

- Because the camera is freely controllable, the environments have to be designed such that as the player moves the camera around, he immediately gets the information he needs to know what the stores and stuff that appear in view in the distance are.

- Unlike the RgG2 where the battle encounters had a loading screen, in RgG3 the battle encounters are completely seamless.

[quote name='Ahadi']Is Virtua Fighter 5 worth the $20? I'm a very casual fighting game fan if that means anything.[/QUOTE]

No. VF4:Evo wasn't worth $20. So I can hardly imagine VF5 is. :D

Virtua Fighter 5 is well worth $20 especially if it's the 360 version. And VF4 was worth more than $20. Both are some of the best fighting games ever with many hours of gameplay to be enjoyed and savored. Then again, I'm very biased towards the series but you won't be much complaint from any fighting game thread regulars.

[quote name='depascal22']Virtua Fighter 5 is well worth $20 especially if it's the 360 version. And VF4 was worth more than $20. Both are some of the best fighting games ever with many hours of gameplay to be enjoyed and savored. Then again, I'm very biased towards the series but you won't be much complaint from any fighting game thread regulars.[/QUOTE]

I love me some fighting games, but VF4 was straight garbage [imo]. And I was stupid enough to buy it twice. I gave EVO a shot after hearing a number of people rave about the game figuring I didn't give it a fair chance or I'd missed something in the fighting system. Nope. Sat on my shelf collecting dust until I sold it. VF5 looks like more of the same.

Might be because I'm a fan of Namco, or because I prefer capcom 2D fighters, who knows, but if my $0.02 is that VF4 (and VF5, since core gameplay looks the same) is garbage.

Give me Tekken or Street Fighter any day. I'll even take some versions of Soul Calibur and SNK fighting games over VF4.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I love me some fighting games, but VF4 was straight garbage [imo]. And I was stupid enough to buy it twice. I gave EVO a shot after hearing a number of people rave about the game figuring I didn't give it a fair chance or I'd missed something in the fighting system. Nope. Sat on my shelf collecting dust until I sold it. VF5 looks like more of the same.

Might be because I'm a fan of Namco, or because I prefer capcom 2D fighters, who knows, but if my $0.02 is that VF4 (and VF5, since core gameplay looks the same) is garbage.[/quote]

So you've never actually played VF5?

[quote name='depascal22']So you've never actually played VF5?[/QUOTE]

Nope. That'd be why I phrased it as "So I can hardly imagine VF5 is".
I learned my lesson after buying two versions of VF4 that, in my opinion, the series is overrated.

VF5, from all accounts that I've read/heard/etc. is the logical progression of VF4.
Just as you could probably say you'd like/dislike a tekken game based on your like/dislike of tekken games, I'm fairly positive it would apply to the recent entries in the VF series. In fact, the same could be said of most fighting games that don't radically change the fighting system or the character roster between releases.

fighting games are my specialty and I spend about 80% of my gaming time playing fighting games.

I'm not going to include 2d fighters here so my preference for 3d fighters would be

DOA series > Virtua Fighter > Soul Calibur > Tekken.

I always loved DOA since part 2 because of the amazing graphics, fluid gameplay, expansive environments and well fleshed out titties. VF is overrated but it a very good game. SC is a great series but since it's all weapon based with basically horizontal and vertical attacks it doesn't appeal to me and Tekken I never liked because it felt cheap. Although, I still want to get Tekken for the PSP because it's the best fighting you can get on the go.

All those 3d fighters are good for their stories, music and varying gameplay styles so it's good to have one if you get bored of the other but you'll eventually return to all of them.

I havne't played the new SC and left off at #2. #1 was great, #2 was just a boost in graphics with the exact gameplay and animation, #3 probably was more of the same and #4 is probably the same basic melee fighting with next gen graphics and stupid star wars characters and online play. They REALLY needed Kratos and a few Kratos levels and maybe the guy from Lost Odyssey or something.

Most of these games keep recycling animations and just upping the graphics what they really need is to redesign these games from the ground up kind of how Street fighter 3 was in comparison to part 2. Games like Capcom SNK2 sucked sometimes because they reused many character animations from alpha 1,2,3, CVS.

I still favor SF2, Capcom SNK2, KOFXII, etc.

The reviews I've seen on DQIV have been favorable. I'm gettin' it fo' sho'. Only question for me is do I go amazon for slight discount, or buy retail from CC and get a $10 GC.

I'm rather surprised at Rei's negative and Chac's hesitant reactions--this is the GGT I'm posting in, right? :)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Nope. That'd be why I phrased it as "So I can hardly imagine VF5 is".
I learned my lesson after buying two versions of VF4 that, in my opinion, the series is overrated.

VF5, from all accounts that I've read/heard/etc. is the logical progression of VF4.
Just as you could probably say you'd like/dislike a tekken game based on your like/dislike of tekken games, I'm fairly positive it would apply to the recent entries in the VF series. In fact, the same could be said of most fighting games that don't radically change the fighting system or the character roster between releases.[/quote]

Sorry, dude. I'll never say that I like or don't like a game until I've played it for a couple hours.

I didn't like Tekken Tag but I like Tekken 5. I could have said, "I don't like Tag, therefore, I won't like 5." If I had done that, I would've missed out on a great fighting game that was really fun. On the flip side, I really liked Guilty Gear X2, but I didn't like Accent Core. There isn't really that much difference between the two but it's always good to play a game before knocking it.

Well if it helps to get an idea of my preference in fighting games, I prefer to play Street Fighter, I'm not bad at Tekken, and I enjoy Soul Calibur. Which as I mention it now, I think I may just set my $20 aside and eventually grab the 4th one. I'm not dying for a new fighter, not yet any way. I was more curious to see if it would be worth my time and money.

[quote name='Casiotech']fighting games are my specialty and I spend about 80% of my gaming time playing fighting games.

I'm not going to include 2d fighters here so my preference for 3d fighters would be

DOA series > Virtua Fighter > Soul Calibur > Tekken.

I always loved DOA since part 2 because of the amazing graphics, fluid gameplay, expansive environments and well fleshed out titties. VF is overrated but it a very good game. SC is a great series but since it's all weapon based with basically horizontal and vertical attacks it doesn't appeal to me and Tekken I never liked because it felt cheap. Although, I still want to get Tekken for the PSP because it's the best fighting you can get on the go.

I still favor SF2, Capcom SNK2, KOFXII, etc.[/quote]

lol at this guy....

Gameplay wise I'd put it down like this:

Virtua Fighter > Tekken > Soul Calibur >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dead or Alive

I'll say it again. VF4 (original or EVO) and 5 are well worth $20.

Ahadi, if you're a big 2D fan, try KOF XI. It's $15 and well worth it.

Also, casiotech, please stop telling people that DOA is better than any other series out there. That information might get into the hands of some kids and I'd hate to see the chillens get the wrong impression of what fighting games are supposed to be about.

[quote name='depascal22']I'll say it again. VF4 (original or EVO) and 5 are well worth $20.

Ahadi, if you're a big 2D fan, try KOF XI. It's $15 and well worth it.

Also, casiotech, please stop telling people that DOA is better than any other series out there. That information might get into the hands of some kids and I'd hate to see the chillens get the wrong impression of what fighting games are supposed to be about.[/quote]

DOA is better than all the other series' out there.

Playing as Ninjas on top of mountains where you can fly off or getting knocked through a boulder is KING!

Plus being able to parry moves. I don't recall you being able to do that in tekken. Tekken = button masher so yeah, I guess the kids should stick to tekken.

DOA is basically rock, paper, scissors. Yes, it has great counters but the priorities are all messed up. It does have great boob physics. EDIT -- Also, why play a game that puts so much emphasis on the environment and less on skills?

Don't forget that Street Fighter III and Fatal Fury Mark of the Wolves did parries much much better. Yes, they're 2D games but just examples of good parrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back