Do you smoke marijuana?

I have never smoked it and never while. I have no interest in doing drugs (beside alcohol) but I don't care if other people do it. They should make weed legal throughout the country. The tax revenue from it would be insane.

What is book? I don't really care, just don't smoke it around me and we're cool. To me it's like alcohol, people do it just to calm down from the day.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']I'm really surprised by the number of people who claim that they never have and never will. Wow... times have changed.[/QUOTE]
I think it's just CAG. Even in high school maybe 3/4 of my class had at least tried it (with the other 1/4 mostly consisting of the nerds). Here at my college it would probably be closer to 9/10 just judging from the people I know, but then again I go to a hippy liberal college.

I'm not for it. 1. Weed is worse than tobacco as it has more chemicals that fertilize it to make it stronger 2. using it for headaches is because you addicted to it now and when the body wants it it'll have a headache until you smoke again 3. trying it is not the same as occasionally doing it - just like alcohol, its just plain bad for your body.

There are other things to do that can get your body feeling like that and even better - ever have an adrenaline rush after running for 5 or 6 miles, or mountain biking up a huge hill or trail, THAT IS THE BEST HIGH for FREE. Money can't buy that kind of experience you could keep. Weed just burns away, then you go and buy another baggy; what you have left is an empty sack and a negative bank roll.

Not hating, just educating. Peace.

I'm "That guy" that comes into a room where everyone is smoking, and I'll be like "Let me get a hit of that"

I'm a leech, never buy the stuff, but if you smoke it around me...I'mma bite on yer blunt.

I don't want to let William S. Sessions down, do you?
Winners_Dont_Use_Drugs.png

[quote name='doctorfaustus']It helps with headaches?[/QUOTE]

yes, asthma, stress, eating disorders. Just remember if smoking and have a headache really try not to cough just it will amplify, but all will be well soon enough.

As for me... yes... yes!

[quote name='akimukwa']Quit smokin 6 months ago[/QUOTE]

[quote name='joe2187']I'm "That guy" that comes into a room where everyone is smoking, and I'll be like "Let me get a hit of that"

I'm a leech, never buy the stuff, but if you smoke it around me...I'mma bite on yer blunt.[/QUOTE]

these should totally go together

Had a "special" cookie once and a "special" Brownie once. That was my first and last time. Will never smoke anything since I like my lungs too much and well, since this place is getting to be like LA, I figure I'll need as much help as I can get.

[quote name='minos1067']2. using it for headaches is because you addicted to it now and when the body wants it it'll have a headache until you smoke again 3. trying it is not the same as occasionally doing it - just like alcohol, its just plain bad for your body.

There are other things to do that can get your body feeling like that and even better - ever have an adrenaline rush after running for 5 or 6 miles, or mountain biking up a huge hill or trail, THAT IS THE BEST HIGH for FREE. Money can't buy that kind of experience you could keep. Weed just burns away, then you go and buy another baggy; what you have left is an empty sack and a negative bank roll.

Not hating, just educating. Peace.[/quote]Or, you know, people have a long day at work and like to take the edge off and relax in the same way someone would stop and have a few beers at a bar or pop some pills to sleep. I'll go weeks/months without smoking and not get a headache, so that's definitely not the answer. $10 every two weeks isn't bad and I'm nowhere near broke. Bike riding is absolutely incredible high and you're just hating.

Oh, and I don't melt into the couch and sizzle like a sunny side up egg after smoking a spliff. :whee:

I don't, but I know people that do; friends, brother, uncle. I have nothing against it. It's better than alcohol to me. Nobody gets stoned and kills somebody in a car crash.

My bro and friends always offer, but I decline. My lungs aren't too hot, and smoke aggravates them. Though I did tell a friend that we're going to bake some pot brownies soon. :)

Have no problem with people doing it I just don't like smoking in general. I feel everybody has something they do so I just let it be. I guess I got turned off from smoking period because of the problems it has caused my parents in their old age which somethings could be better for them if they didn't smoke.

I never have and never will (that's starting to sound a little broken record-y) because my high school health class teacher did a pretty good job of making me believe that it would make my kids retarded.

However, since moving to California, I have become very much in favor of legalizing it. There are so many seedy and sometimes violent dealers out here and a lot of horrible acts that happen in the LA area that are funded by a sort of "drug economy". Also, the kids out here seem to smoke a LOT of pot, because it's easier and cheaper for them to get out here than cigarettes and alcohol.

I figure, if we legalize it and regulate it the same way we do for cigarettes and alcohol, then we get dealers off the street, take a big monetary bite out of gangs, make it harder for kids to get a hold of it, offer safer, non-laced products, create jobs, help stabilize the economies of places like Jamaica, and create a new cash crop that isn't corn for US farmers.

I smoke but not as much as I used to and I can quit anytime(same with cigs). Tried many "things" and found cheeba is to my liking. However it has never affected my daily life negatively(in fact my grades improved when I started smoking more in high school). I have never witnessed an angry pot head in all my years either(unless you steal their Funyuns). We all are different and it affects people in a multitude of ways however its much safer than alcohol.

Smoked a few times through high school and college, but haven't touched it in years. Have nothing against it but I prefer to have a couple good beers to weed and never know when I'll apply for a job that requires drug testing etc.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Never have, never will.

As Andre 3000 said, "No drugs or alcohol so I can get the signal clear."[/QUOTE]

As day
Put my glock away cuz I got a stronger weapon
That neva runs out of ammunition
so I'm ready for war, okay

Thro yo hands in the air-errrrrrrrrrrr.....

I do occasionally, have been since high school. I don't buy into all the negative hype. Even while smoking, I graduated with honors, went on to the University of Arizona on a scholarship, and finished there on the dean's list.

The only problem I have with marijuana, and this happens 50 percent of the time that I do smoke, is that once I get home, and I am by myself in a room, I always wander into an introspective state, so once it hits, there's no getting out of it. So, my brain endlessly analyzes itself. I end up staring at myself in the mirror for about an hour! But not one hour straight, and definitely not in vain, but the accumulation of the time spent vacuously staring at myself.

:whistle2:#

Another thing: I'm scared shitless about a promotion that was announced to me at work the other day. One of the managers told me that before I get promoted they need for me to submit a drug test. I have a moral issue with this. What does me doing on the weekend have to do with my job performance? I've never gone to work stoned, and I never will. I'll never win. I'll get fired. And all because I exceeded expectations and performed "impeccably." I'm a good girl. I work hard, go to school and pay for my tuition. I'll be damned if I won't pass the drug test. Damned, I tell you!

Quick, somebody recommend me some good detox. :cool:

[quote name='thekeybladewars']Another thing: I'm scared shitless about a promotion that was announced to me at work the other day. One of the managers told me that before I get promoted they need for me to submit a drug test. I have a moral issue with this. What does me doing on the weekend have to do with my job performance? I've never gone to work stoned, and I never will. I'll never win. I'll get fired. And all because I exceeded expectations and performed "impeccably." I'm a good girl. I work hard, go to school and pay for my tuition. I'll be damned if I won't pass the drug test. Damned, I tell you!

Quick, somebody recommend me some good detox. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I use this when I have to. I buy it at the local head shop and it's never failed me.

http://www.quickfixurine.com/

[quote name='thekeybladewars'] What does me doing on the weekend have to do with my job performance? [/QUOTE]

You'll have to get someone else who actually knows about this sort of thing, but I believe the thinking is that you're still a liability in terms of (primarily) healthcare, which in turn can affect other areas. Companies don't like paying an employee who might end up with some sort of non-work-related problem, such as getting arrested, or having health implications, etc.

There's a place around here that won't hire smokers (as in tobacco). The thinking there is that you'll drive up healthcare costs over time because you'll be more prone to adverse conditions and such.

Again, get someone who actually knows about this stuff for a better answer - I think I'm just hitting on a vaguery.

This sort of enters into those stories you hear about on the 'net where someone got fired because they put a picture of themselves getting plastered at a party on their Facebook profile, which "doesn't positively promote our business."

Short answer: all about the Benjamins.

I was thinking more along the lines of it just not looking good for the business, but it sounds like Strell nailed it. Nice ATLiens continuance, too. :cool:[quote name='thekeybladewars']Another thing: I'm scared shitless about a promotion that was announced to me at work the other day. One of the managers told me that before I get promoted they need for me to submit a drug test. I have a moral issue with this. What does me doing on the weekend have to do with my job performance? I've never gone to work stoned, and I never will. I'll never win. I'll get fired. And all because I exceeded expectations and performed "impeccably." I'm a good girl. I work hard, go to school and pay for my tuition. I'll be damned if I won't pass the drug test. Damned, I tell you!

Quick, somebody recommend me some good detox. :cool:[/quote]Well, you're not for sure if you have to take the test, but stop smoking today, keep exercising like you have been, and you should be able to mask it with a detox or that quickfixurine stuff in a few days since you're a tiny girl. :D

[quote name='Strell']You'll have to get someone else who actually knows about this sort of thing, but I believe the thinking is that you're still a liability in terms of (primarily) healthcare, which in turn can affect other areas. Companies don't like paying an employee who might end up with some sort of non-work-related problem, such as getting arrested, or having health implications, etc.

There's a place around here that won't hire smokers (as in tobacco). The thinking there is that you'll drive up healthcare costs over time because you'll be more prone to adverse conditions and such.

Again, get someone who actually knows about this stuff for a better answer - I think I'm just hitting on a vaguery.

This sort of enters into those stories you hear about on the 'net where someone got fired because they put a picture of themselves getting plastered at a party on their Facebook profile, which "doesn't positively promote our business."

Short answer: all about the Benjamins.[/quote]

Sounds right. I work about 37 hours a week but they still haven't made me full-time. Now, if I got full-time status, I'd get to enroll in all kinds of health care benefits or what not (even though I'm not interested). It does make sense, because this promotion will probably make me full-time. But still; it's bullshit. :]

[quote name='thekeybladewars'] But still; it's bullshit. :][/QUOTE]

I think employers honestly don't care what you do, so long as they don't catch you doing it or have evidence of it. A positive drug test is proof enough. Hearing about someone in jail is proof enough. Otherwise, they've got nothing to go on. You could jack off in their mailboxes every Sunday night, but the one time they find the Youtube video of it, you're toast.

This is why I never make Youtube videos. Anymore.

Remind me never to hang out with the people that will smoke but never buy. You better have five on it if I pass that shit to you.

Living all over the country, you'd be very very surprised at the people that do smoke bud. Your surgeon smokes it. Your grandma smokes it. The librarian does to.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']My grandmother certainly does not smoke marijuana![/quote]

Unless she's dead or chained to the wall, I don't think there's any way to be certain of that.

Where's the "I don't but I would if I got my hands on it" option?

[quote name='SeanNOLA']I figure, if we legalize it and regulate it the same way we do for cigarettes and alcohol, then we get dealers off the street, take a big monetary bite out of gangs, make it harder for kids to get a hold of it, offer safer, non-laced products, create jobs, help stabilize the economies of places like Jamaica, and create a new cash crop that isn't corn for US farmers.[/QUOTE]

You know that dealers sell more drugs than just weed right? And that the big money is in the harder stuff?

I do on occasion at my ex's apartment. Though he hasn't smoked it about 25-30 years. A few weeks ago when I was having problems with a nerve in my lower back it helped with the pain a little. As for the idiot saying that its more harmful than tobacco, get your head outta your ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWhUqo9Aivs

Pay attention starting at :20 to 1:02

[quote name='Sporadic']Where's the "I don't but I would if I got my hands on it" option?

You know that dealers sell more drugs than just weed right? And that the big money is in the harder stuff?[/quote]

Big money is in the harder stuff but there's still alot of money spent on weed.

[quote name='depascal22']Big money is in the harder stuff but there's still alot of money spent on weed.[/QUOTE]

Still acting like all of the dealers would dry up the moment they legalize weed is ridiculous. As long as there as illegal substance out there, there will be dealers.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I do on occasion at my ex's apartment. Though he hasn't smoked it about 25-30 years. A few weeks ago when I was having problems with a nerve in my lower back it helped with the pain a little. As for the idiot saying that its more harmful than tobacco, get your head outta your ass.

Pay attention starting at :20 to 1:02[/quote]

I don't know whether it's more harmful or less harmful than tobacco. Without testing that is illegal under current drug laws we may never know.

But to claim that something that grows naturally is safe to consume is naive. Many poisons are naturally created, many plants are unsafe to consume.

[quote name='Quillion']But to claim that something that grows naturally is safe to consume is naive. Many poisons are naturally created, many plants are unsafe to consume.[/quote]

Yep, that's why I don't add hemlock to my salads. It's natural, but its not a topping.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']It's better than alcohol to me. Nobody gets stoned and kills somebody in a car crash. [/quote]

Well... Have you ever tried to drive while stoned? I wouldn't recommend it. The few times I have smoked I couldn't remember where I was or what I was doing. If I got a stupid idea and got behind the wheel, I can guarantee I would have crashed the car.

[quote name='Quillion']I don't know whether it's more harmful or less harmful than tobacco. Without testing that is illegal under current drug laws we may never know.

But to claim that something that grows naturally is safe to consume is naive. Many poisons are naturally created, many plants are unsafe to consume.[/QUOTE]
The only tests I've seen point towards almost no harmful consequences from smoking weed. Cancer rates in joint a day smokers are near that of non smokers (I've actually seen a couple of studies that said they were slightly lower) while people who smoke a pack a day of ciggies are over 20 times as likely to get lung cancer. The only thing I can think of is that you do get some tar build up in your lungs, but you could always get a vaporizer...

Well, I'd say a joint a day to 20 cigarettes a day isn't exactly an equivalent comparison!

That's said, since weed doesn't have all the tar and other additives of cigarettes I imagine it is much less likely to lead to cancer. But inhaling smoke of any kind is likely never healthy for the lungs.

bread's done
Back