Donkey Kong Country Returns Pre-Order (Nintendo 3DS) $27.99 Newegg + Free Shipping

[quote name='nightmare452']In for one. Thanks a lot Op. Was gonna buy this day 1, but I can wait a few days and save $7.[/QUOTE]

$12 - MSRP is $39.99, NewEgg's regular price is already $5 off. :)

Thanks - heck of a deal. Been burned by NewEgg pre-orders before, but hopefully ordering far enough in advance will mean I don't get put on the list of "we didn't get enough, so sorry you don't get the deal".

Sweet! This is my first game I've ever preordered. Usually I'll wait awhile until a game goes on sale (usually I wait until games hit $20 or under) but since 3DS games do not go on sale very often (the good ones at least) I figured I'd jump on this. Thanks OP!

[quote name='defpally']$12 - MSRP is $39.99, NewEgg's regular price is already $5 off. :)

.[/QUOTE]

It is possible nintendo may start releasing 3DS games at $34.99.

Both Animal Crossing and Donkey Kong are 34.99 on several sites.

Thanks OP! I canceled my Amazon pre-order. I tried to get Amazon to price match but they wouldn't. Has anyone had luck doing this? I was successful in the past.

[quote name='GBAstar']It is possible nintendo may start releasing 3DS games at $34.99.

Both Animal Crossing and Donkey Kong are 34.99 on several sites.[/QUOTE]

Ahh yes, I see a few like that. I checked Gamestop before I ordered to see MSRP. Good ole' Gamestop is always good for finding out MSRP, because they never charge less than that for new stuff.

[quote name='durden26']Went ahead and ordered one as I missed the deal on Luigi by waiting. Is canceling with Newegg a pain if I change my mind?[/QUOTE]

No it is simple and takes about 5 minutes to get a confirmation.

Games released on Sunday may process on Saturday and games released on Tuesday typically start processing Monday so always cancel at least 72 hours before.

Just log into your account

Go to your orders and search for it by the title of the game and then next to the item click "cancel"

[quote name='GBAstar']No it is simple and takes about 5 minutes to get a confirmation.

Games released on Sunday may process on Saturday and games released on Tuesday typically start processing Monday so always cancel at least 72 hours before.

Just log into your account

Go to your orders and search for it by the title of the game and then next to the item click "cancel"[/QUOTE]

Well I got lucky with my DI riptide preorder as I was charged for it (forgot to cancel) but cancelled immediately after I got the email. I guess I had caught it in time cause they cancelled it and issued the refund the next day.

Very easy to cancel from my experience.

Much better than Amazon.

[quote name='LD_Helix']Thanks OP! Got on this before it expire like Luigi's Mansion.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I missed Luigi's Mansion as well...havent been able to find it cheap enough yet either lol

[quote name='GBAstar']No it is simple and takes about 5 minutes to get a confirmation.

Go to your orders and search for it by the title of the game and then next to the item click "cancel"[/QUOTE]

Thanks! There's also a pre-purchase survey on Club Nintendo for 10 coins for those that are interested.

Thanks OP! First newegg preorder since $29.99 Paper Mario 3DS. Like others have noted, I waited a week for that game. Hoping for speedier delivery on this one!

Was going to wait on this game and/or buy the Wii version instead but considering this will be $27.99 at launch I can live with it. I'm hoping they continue to do these pre-order deals. Already got Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon from them for $29.99 and have Animal Crossing new leaf pre-ordered for $29.99. Hoping for Mario Golf World Tour to get the same treatment :p

I might get this because I didn't really like the Wii controls. i prefer the more traditional SNES type controls than the nunchuck wwi Remote ones.

Also, I hope they re-relase the SNES Donkey Kong Country games on the E-Shop when this comes out. They took them off a while back for some reason

Thanks OP. Pre-ordered one since I regretted not doing it for Luigi's Mansion. Didn't play the Wii version so I am looking forward to playing this now on the go.

Many thanks OP. I loved the Wii version but sold it when it was worth a lot during one of huge value trade-in promos Gamestop had during December. For $27.99 with no tax and free shipping I'll gladly pick this up. What a great addition to my 3DS library!

in for 1 even though i dont have a 3DS right now. i'm waiting for AC, but not the AC 3DS lol. DKCR was easily the 2nd best game on Wii, with SMG1 being number 1.

Thanks OP, ordered one since I love DK. Also filled out the survey for the bonus 10 coins. This is going to be a great year for the 3DS.

Last edited by a moderator:
when i get a 3ds again i will pick this up as i love donkey kong ! notnto mention the motion controls for the wii version are horrid lol. my thing is that this game is going to take a hit on the graphics and this game is almost two years old i beleave, the msrp should be no higher than 29.99$. while im at it im also dissapointed the vita port of the jak and daxter collection will ge 30$. thst being said im a huge sucker for playing these platformers on the go lol

Excellent price.

Think I might hold off though because I'm not dying to play it and have credit elsewhere I'd prefer to use to buy it later down the road.

[quote name='maximumzero']Wii Remote & Nunchuck is the superior way to play.[/QUOTE]

i totally disagree. i played it at bestbuy awhile back and you had to shake the wii mote do a simple roll if im not mistaken. platformers imo need reg controls, not motion

[quote name='strait edge follower']i totally disagree. i played it at bestbuy awhile back and you had to shake the wii mote do a simple roll if im not mistaken. platformers imo need reg controls, not motion[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this was the dumbest shit I've seen Nintendo do in a long time(and that's a pretty full list). I played it until about midway through, and the action just got to intense to use the waggle motion for hand slaps and rolls. So instead of throwing my Wiimote through the tv, I just stopped playing it.

I understand that some kids would love to play that way, as my son is one of them, but just not giving the option for standard button presses is just plain stupid. I didn't even find out about the Wii version hack untill I heard about the 3DS version, otherwise I would have played it that way. Choices are key Nintendo, don't loose sight of that. Forced motion controls ruined an otherwise AAA title.

[quote name='chrislaustin']Yeah, that eggsaver option is garbage. I've had some of those take almost 2 weeks. They give it to one carrier, then they hand it off to another, ect. I'm like, isn't this double/triple the work and cost? I'd imagine everyone who touches gets paid.

It's the "cheap" option, so I'm not normally in a huge rush to get games this way, but damn........They can mail most of the games I order by first class postal mail for pennies on the dollar and that takes 2-3 days anywhere in the country. I can't see their current methods being any cheaper, but it is waaaaaaayyyyyyyy slooooooooower for sure.

For anyone who wants a game in a timely manner from Newegg, NEVER choose the eggsaver option, it SUCKS![/QUOTE]

I agree. I stopped playing the original because of the motion control. At least someone patched it (still havent tried it yet to be honest but its only because my backlog is to large to revisit).

don't buy this if you only played the original. i thought it would be similar but the only similarity was the name and graphics. the gameplay was a horrible mess.

bread's done
Back