Donkey Kong Country Returns Pre-Order (Nintendo 3DS) $27.99 Newegg + Free Shipping

The "waggle" control bitching in this thread (and all DKCR-related threads) is hilarious.

The controller shaking motion added a fluidity to the game that a simple button press wouldn't have allowed. (Just as it did in Super Mario Galaxy.)

It worked especially well when you used the Wii Remote & Nunchuck combo.

I actually didn't mind the shaking of the Wii Remote for rolling. It actually made the speed runs interesting as I would try really hard to keep on rolling and jumping, rolling and jumping...... until I shook the control so hard that the Wii Remote somehow lost connection to the Wii, and I had to remove and reinsert the batteries.

So I still prefer using a rolling button instead of shaking, which is why I took advantage of this deal. :)

[quote name='jimjom']Anyone got any ship confirm yet? Should be any minute, right?[/QUOTE]

The release date is the 24th, so you probably won't receive it till next week.

[quote name='Autosaver']It's an 'enhanced' port.

+Possibly better graphics
+3D
+NO WAGGLE CONTROLS
+Multiplayer between two units
+New content/levels/challenges
+Affordable price.

Many people missed out on the original, and the waggle controls did turn people away. The port is pretty cheap and it packs new features so why not?[/QUOTE]

Don't forget:

-Worse graphics (even positive reviews mention this)
-Half the frame rate of the Wii version (3DS can't handle this at 60fps like the Wii did)

IGN and GameXplain also gave it a pretty high score so I'm not worried about whether this game will be good or not. I never owned a Wii and missed the chance to play this so I'll happily except the weaker graphics/framerate to play it. Plus side is it doesn't have the lame motion controls. Can't wait to get this in the mail. :)

[quote name='Spuratis']IGN and GameXplain also gave it a pretty high score so I'm not worried about whether this game will be good or not. I never owned a Wii and missed the chance to play this so I'll happily except the weaker graphics/framerate to play it. Plus side is it doesn't have the lame motion controls. Can't wait to get this in the mail. :)[/QUOTE]

I certainly agree 100% that elimination of the lame forced waggle gimmick for this game (3DS) vs. the Wii version is a huge plus. Why couldn't they just offer people an alternative to the waggle on that version? Really seems like a forced gimmick.

Newegg will ship the day before, but normally Nintendo has Sunday release dates, so they normally ship on Friday or Mondays. I'm hoping this ships from CA, as I normally get their 3 day UPS items next day when they do. So I may get it Friday, if they ship on Thursday. Fingers crossed, as playing over the weekend would be way cool.

This is technically a remake, so maybe they'll ship even sooner, but I doubt it. I'll post back once my card gets charged.

Was on the fence about this one, but ended up deciding to cancel it as it would just go into the backlog anyway. Might pick it up down the road when it's cheaper though.

[quote name='Raider']Deals dead? Sorry, the promo code EMCXSVR222 you've entered is invalid.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Been so for a while now.

[quote name='MrBoss']If not shipped out by Friday, This will probably ship on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I completely forgot Monday is a holiday. Now I really hope it ships out today or tomorrow, and I get it by Friday. Otherwise Tuesday at the earliest.

[quote name='chrislaustin']Damn, I completely forgot Monday is a holiday. Now I really hope it ships out today or tomorrow, and I get it by Friday. Otherwise Tuesday at the earliest.[/QUOTE]

I've rarely had them ship before the release date. It's the trade off for getting these good deals.

Not to bust everyone's bubble or change subject, but Best Buy doing the SMB:LL free promo(which is a $4.99 savings) and since the game comes out in two days, isn't DKC4 3D eligible for in store pick up? No waiting on shipping +holiday.

FYI, my Newegg order was charged about 1:30am last night, so my order should be shipping today. Hopefully it's shipping from CA, in which case I should get it on Friday, otherwise I won't see it until Tues/Wed next week. Sadly, the latter is more likely, as almost all of my recent game orders have been shipping from the mid east area of the country.

[quote name='greenwolfe7']Dang just got my tracking number but the email says it shipped from NJ... rats... still I may see it Friday.[/QUOTE]

Damn, same here. Coming from NJ means the full 3 days for me. Oh well, at least I didn't pay tax or shipping charges.

I live in Ca and mine also shipped from Jersey. Oh well, still saved $7; plus I recently picked up Fire Emblem so that'll keep me busy.

Just got my shipping notification, I am in PA and mine is coming from Edison, NJ. There is a chance I could get it this weekend still!

Add me to the list of those who got a shipping confirmation. Shipped from NJ and I'm in MD, so there is a chance I get it tomorrow even. Fingers crossed

Glad it is coming from NJ as the hub they usually sort things at is 2 hours away. And when it comes from somewhere to the West of me, they drive it passed me to the hub the back to me lol.

[quote name='chrislaustin']Damn, same here. Coming from NJ means the full 3 days for me. Oh well, at least I didn't pay tax or shipping charges.[/QUOTE]
I live in TN so I have to pay tax :(

[quote name='OldSchoolGaming4Life']Tracking number recieved. shipped from Edison NJ as of 11:09. i live in upstate NY. what are the chances i get this saturday? lol. UPS 3 Day.

:pray:[/QUOTE]

I made an order with Newegg once with free 3 day shipping and I got it in 1-2 days.. I seem to remember being shocked after getting it the day after they shipped. I'm in Michigan, it probably came from NJ.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Mine shipped today as well. Surprised to see so many cags wanting this game![/QUOTE]

Mine shipped as well. I'm not really all that surprised, Donkey Kong Country Returns was a really well done game having it portable with more levels is instant win. A bit tough for the kids, but that's why I'm anxious to get it for my boys, they didn't play the Wii one as much because it was a little too hard (they are young) and they have toned it down for the 3DS. The downside is if they really like it, I'll probably have to get a second one.

Mine shipped from TN... Wish I could swap with someone getting it from NJ, I'm in NY and I'd like it for the weekend. O well, still got a great deal on it, $27.99, no shipping, no tax!

[quote name='Fender084']Mine shipped from TN... Wish I could swap with someone getting it from NJ, I'm in NY and I'd like it for the weekend. O well, still got a great deal on it, $27.99, no shipping, no tax![/QUOTE]

Lol I'm right on the TN/GA border and mine shipped from NJ, go figure.

I think they shipped everything at random. I'm in Nashville, about three hours from Memphis, but mine shipped from New Jersey... won't come until after the holidays. NEW EGG, YOU MONSTERS.

bread's done
Back