Donkey Kong Country Returns Pre-Order (Nintendo 3DS) $27.99 Newegg + Free Shipping

[quote name='zeb06']nice, thanks OP...gonna have to get in on this. Ive never ordered from newegg personally but it looks like no tax as well. How long does their shipping usually take on preorders? Do they arrive on release day? I notice this comes out on a friday.[/QUOTE]

Their shipping is freaking slow, if you order the free version. Generally speaking I have no problem with this for computer parts, etc, but I stopped ordering video games from them because it takes anywhere from 5-7 days afterward for me to get it. Not worth the savings for me...I'm too impatient. That largely depends on where you live in relation to them, though (they're in CA).

Cheers OP for the deal! Looking forward to playing this with proper controls this time, no more shaking just to do rolls/attacks :)

[quote name='mbrown3']Their shipping is freaking slow, if you order the free version. Generally speaking I have no problem with this for computer parts, etc, but I stopped ordering video games from them because it takes anywhere from 5-7 days afterward for me to get it. Not worth the savings for me...I'm too impatient. That largely depends on where you live in relation to them, though (they're in CA).[/QUOTE]

Lol you must be doing it wrong...

Are you selecting the 3 day ups? Cause its also free beside the newegg super saver option, lol.

Edit: they also have a warehouse in NJ.

[quote name='gtmtnbiker']Thanks OP! I canceled my Amazon pre-order. I tried to get Amazon to price match but they wouldn't. Has anyone had luck doing this? I was successful in the past.[/QUOTE]

Well I just posted a discussion thread on Amazon's page talking about this Newegg deal, so hopefully Amazon will make their own similar deal.

Honestly when shipping is free I am perfectly fine if it takes awhile. Because it's free....

But with both Newegg and Amazon free shipping has always been fast shipping. Just recently picked up ZE: VLR from the lightning deal @Amazon with free shipping and it shipped yesterday. That was pretty damn fast.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']:drool:Delicious! I think this is only the 3rd game I've ever pre-ordered.

Thanks OP!:D[/QUOTE]

Youre welcome. Enjoy!

great game. The only reason I would buy the 3ds version is for the exclusive levels. The wii version has an alternate control scheme so you don't have to use motion controls to roll. You still have to use motion controls for some things like punching bosses.

Too bad you couldn't play as Diddy.

Shame you can't use Shoprunner on this; I'm 2 purchases short of getting the trial extended a year and would've been nice if this counted. Still ordered though because it's a solid price.

[quote name='SuperMario64']I think that Kmart pre-order deal is better. I believe you get $15 credit.[/QUOTE]

Damn really? I should have ordered last weekend when games were 10% off! Is there a list of games with credit?

[quote name='iGen']Nintendrones salivating over a port.

Sigh.[/QUOTE]

If its a port of a fabulous game with extra content, tweaked difficulty, and extra levels, whats exactly is the problem?

Even this port will be better than half the trash platformers released in the past couple years if the original game for the Wii is anything to go by.

People dont have to be drones because they like the games they like.

Sigh.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Seriously. I can't believe people are thinking about buying a game that has been released on more than one console!

[quote name='Javery']LOL. Seriously. I can't believe people are thinking about buying a game that has been released on more than one console![/QUOTE]

Can't tell if serious...

Or your being sarcastic...

[quote name='SuperMario64']I think that Kmart pre-order deal is better. I believe you get $15 credit.[/QUOTE]

It's a nice alternative if you shop their regularly but I'd rather save money from the initial purchase.

Sigh.[/QUOTE]

It's no different then all the HD ports from the ps2 days on the ps3 and xbox, the psp ports and the ps vita ports of ps3 games. And more ports on the way with Final Fantasy X & X-2, and Kingdom Hearts HD on the way. Their is clearly a market of people who want to experience the game again or who missed out on playing it initially

[quote name='Javery']LOL. Seriously. I can't believe people are thinking about buying a game that has been released on more than one console![/QUOTE]

ports and remasterings on portables isnt a problem with me (cant wait for the jak collection on the vita since it was announced). oh and this donkey kong game has only been on one console, not more than one like you said. anyway happy gaming people ! now back to getting my ass kicked in max payne 3 (god this game is hard sometimes) :)

Sigh.[/QUOTE]

The number one game on the Vita is a PS2 port.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Can't tell if serious...

Or your being sarcastic...[/QUOTE]

Not serious. The industry is ass deep in ports and they are never going away. I guarantee every single person on this site has played and enjoyed a port of some game at one time or another. I have no problems with them - they are "safe" games to release and make some money that hopefully gets spread around to new games and new ideas.

It's all about the portability factor. I'm more likely to play something on a portable system because I'm so busy, so a port with better controls and additional content sounds like an easy sell to me.

[quote name='johnnypark']It's all about the portability factor. I'm more likely to play something on a portable system because I'm so busy, so a port with better controls and additional content sounds like an easy sell to me.[/QUOTE]

This^

[quote name='johnnypark']It's all about the portability factor. I'm more likely to play something on a portable system because I'm so busy, so a port with better controls and additional content sounds like an easy sell to me.[/QUOTE]

Can't..take..the logic.. Makes..too many..sense..:dunce: **brain explodes**

Maybe those who haven't figured that out has 1 of those monitor in a suitcase deals and take their 3D Wii on the go.

It's an 'enhanced' port.

+Possibly better graphics
+3D
+NO WAGGLE CONTROLS
+Multiplayer between two units
+New content/levels/challenges
+Affordable price.

Many people missed out on the original, and the waggle controls did turn people away. The port is pretty cheap and it packs new features so why not?

Sigh.[/QUOTE]

I never play my Wii (only used for Smash Bros). But I love Donkey Kong; I can't wait to play this because I haven't yet so it's new to me

[quote name='Lord Alucard']Haha, iGenesis, the same guy who made this garbage?

http://lueshi.info/Mario_Zelda_Tier_List.gif

That's funny. Don't take him too seriously.[/QUOTE]

I actually do agree with one section of that list, the part where Minish Cap is 2nd tier. Despite what all the haters say, I freaking loved that game. Something about shrinking down and fighting normal enemies as huge bosses was really cool. Not to mention the game was one of the most beautiful 2D games ever. :drool:

Anywho.. I preordered DK yesterday morning, thanks OP. I never owned a Wii so never got the chance to play DK. Looking forward to playing it.

[quote name='Autosaver']It's an 'enhanced' port.

+3D
+NO WAGGLE CONTROLS
+Affordable price.

Many people missed out on the original, and the waggle controls did turn people away. The port is pretty cheap and it packs new features so why not?[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I skipped out on the Wii version because of the waggle controls despite loving the classic Donkey Kong Country games back in the SNES era. Pre-ordered this right away when I saw the deal advertised on CAG. Though the new features are definitely icing on the cake.

Sigh.[/QUOTE]

Don't you have anything better to do than trolling? Has it ever occurred to you that some people didn't play the Wii version and might be wanting to get this one instead? Yeah, please crawl back in your hole and come out when you actually have something constructive to say.

Sigh.[/QUOTE]

sigh another troll...

your comment is confusing seeing you have a pokemon avatar...:roll:

[quote name='RockBottom885']Although I honestly think people make too big of a deal about the waggle controls. They weren't that bad.[/QUOTE]

I agree they really aren't. I think it's just a matter of waggle being replaced by what would have been a button especially when the waggle isn't implemented well.

[quote name='malethief']I agree they really aren't. I think it's just a matter of waggle being replaced by what would have been a button especially when the waggle isn't implemented well.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. It was, at the time, really the one thing that made me choose Rayman Origins over this game because I just have grown a distaste for those Wii-ish controls - even New Super Mario Bros. Wii's controls were more than I wanted (and Okami's really were).

This...means I spend about $10 more to get a new 3DS copy over a used Wii one. Seemed like an easy choice.

[quote name='rockykai']I disagree. It was, at the time, really the one thing that made me choose Rayman Origins over this game because I just have grown a distaste for those Wii-ish controls - even New Super Mario Bros. Wii's controls were more than I wanted (and Okami's really were).

This...means I spend about $10 more to get a new 3DS copy over a used Wii one. Seemed like an easy choice.[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with you. An alternate method to play without it would have been nice to allow for better precision playing for this genre.

Yeah, Nintendo not offering the choice of proper physical controls for a game like this pisses me off to no end. If you want to shake a controller to roll or jump, that's your business, I prefer to use the D-Pad and buttons.

Punch Out on Wii was another one of their "We are going to make you use motion controls for no good reason". The game played fine with the wiimote turn sideways for classic NES style play, but then in between rounds, they made you point the controller at the screen to navigate menus. WTF was the purpose for this? To this day I won't play PO for the Wii for this exact reason. I would love for them to port that game over to the 3DS as well, as I feel Punch Out would rock with the 3D effect and I would also never have to point my damn controller at the screen again.

@Nintendo
Pull your heads out of your _$$, and give choices to consumers, not your own prehistoric ideas and philosophy's.

[quote name='chrislaustin']Yeah, Nintendo not offering the choice of proper physical controls for a game like this pisses me off to no end. If you want to shake a controller to roll or jump, that's your business, I prefer to use the D-Pad and buttons.

Punch Out on Wii was another one of their "We are going to make you use motion controls for no good reason". The game played fine with the wiimote turn sideways for classic NES style play, but then in between rounds, they made you point the controller at the screen to navigate menus. WTF was the purpose for this? To this day I won't play PO for the Wii for this exact reason. I would love for them to port that game over to the 3DS as well, as I feel Punch Out would rock with the 3D effect and I would also never have to point my damn controller at the screen again.

@Nintendo
Pull your heads out of your _$$, and give choices to consumers, not your own prehistoric ideas and philosophy's.[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree with you, but that's a pretty minor thing preventing you from enjoying Punch-Out. I also thought that the motion controls worked rather well for PO. Lastly, it's weird to advocate using d-pad and buttons and accuse Nintendo of having prehistoric ideas.

[quote name='theflicker']I don't disagree with you, but that's a pretty minor thing preventing you from enjoying Punch-Out. I also thought that the motion controls worked rather well for PO. Lastly, it's weird to advocate using d-pad and buttons and accuse Nintendo of having prehistoric ideas.[/QUOTE]

When I refer to their "prehistoric" ideas, I'm referring to how they force feed the consumer what they believe to be right. They have always done this since the begining of their video gaming careers. Cart Vs. CD, Standard Vs. HD, the list goes on and on.

The PO controls weren't a deal breaker, but after dealing with DCKR on the Wii, I just refused to go back and play PO as it was another reason to dislike being force fed their ideas. What ever happened to programming buttons in games, and having several controller choices?

The only way to voice issues, is by not supporting certain products. I know in the end, it wont matter to "N", but it makes me feel better ;)

[quote name='chrislaustin']When I refer to their "prehistoric" ideas, I'm referring to how they force feed the consumer what they believe to be right. They have always done this since the begining of their video gaming careers. Cart Vs. CD, Standard Vs. HD, the list goes on and on.

The PO controls weren't a deal breaker, but after dealing with DCKR on the Wii, I just refused to go back and play PO as it was another reason to dislike being force fed their ideas. What ever happened to programming buttons in games, and having several controller choices?

The only way to voice issues, is by not supporting certain products. I know in the end, it wont matter to "N", but it makes me feel better ;)[/QUOTE]

For me, the absolute worst instance of forced controls was both of the DS Zelda games. Having to swipe the touchscreen instead of using D-pad plus A,B,X,Y,L,R ruined those games for me.

[quote name='malethief']I don't disagree with you. An alternate method to play without it would have been nice to allow for better precision playing for this genre.[/QUOTE]

Got it - sorry about that! I just feel like most of the Wii motion controls truly wore out their welcome (and even DS for that matter).

Also, I think I'm going to pass for Muramasa Vita for now but I will look it up a bit more before I decide for good.

[quote name='WingsDJY']For me, the absolute worst instance of forced controls was both of the DS Zelda games. Having to swipe the touchscreen instead of using D-pad plus A,B,X,Y,L,R ruined those games for me.[/QUOTE]

Agreed there. I'll still give them a shot, but I would probably love them with traditional controls. Star Fox Command was also pretty broken for me, but I think that was just the play mechanic of charting courses.

[quote name='Autosaver']It's an 'enhanced' port.

+3D
+NO WAGGLE CONTROLS
+Affordable price.

Many people missed out on the original, and the waggle controls did turn people away. The port is pretty cheap and it packs new features so why not?[/QUOTE]

Yep. I never got around to it when I had a Wii,and was turned off by waggle crap, so I'll almost definitely grab it for 3DS eventually.

I also prefer playing platformers on portables. I can only stand to play that genre for 30-60 minute bursts and I rarely bother turning on a console unless I have at least a solid 2-3 hour window to game. Where as my 3DS I mainly just play for a bit here or there at my girlfriend's while she's finishing up work etc. so platformers are ideal for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back