Dragon Age: Inquisition - E3 TRAILER

Funny you bring it up as I saw on FB Dragon Age posted:

10269408_10152381672534367_7628086383167417782_n.jpg
*crickets*

Nothing to see here?

??? You lost me on that one Shrike. I don't get it.

Of the three, hands down Zevran is the man! That dude is a trip. I'm straight and I rarely play as females in my RPGs, but it was a lot of fun having him hit on you all the time.

Funny, I play as ladies in mp all the time....actually might prefer their builds in most mp games, but I really can't get into playing them in single player.

Of the three, hands down Zevran is the man! That dude is a trip. I'm straight and I rarely play as females in my RPGs, but it was a lot of fun having him hit on you all the time.

Funny, I play as ladies in mp all the time....actually might prefer their builds in most mp games, but I really can't get into playing them in single player.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but he hits on you if you're a guy, too.

Yes he does. But its how forward he is about it that I find entertaining. The male/female part doesn't even matter. Zev is just a horny little elve.

I was mentioning that Spybreak was talking about a FB post and said post wasn't listed, via link or direct posting. I'm sure it was memorable, knowing Spybreak.

So, it's dudes all the time in SP, eh? :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he hits on you if you're a guy, too.
He's versatile in that way, yes. He hit on my male Warden in DA: O, and chubby is right, it was pretty funny.

I was mentioning that Spybreak was talking about a FB post and said post wasn't listed, via link or direct posting. I'm sure it was memorable, knowing Spybreak.
Flipped through my feed on my phone and saw that, thought you guys might like it and shared. That's all they posted, just wanted people talking about the game/franchise/favoriteelf.

Only thing about that I'd actually want is steelbook. Rest is crap I'd have to throw away since I don't have space for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless that CE is incredibly short in supply, it'll be cheap post-launch.

Even at $136 via 20% discount at BB with GCU, it's still way too much.   Steelbook is the only draw for me and it's not that much of a draw.   This is EA doing a bonehead move on the CE without question.  It's all jumbled and disjointed.

Yeah, the weird thing about it is there's no centerpiece and no theme. It's like, here's a huge grab bag of vaguely fantasy-themed junk.

I want to love this. I almost feel obligated to get this. But it's not worth $170. I get the theme is that this is the "Inquisitors toolkit" or whatever. But it comes across as a hodgepodge of shitty trinkets that nobody knows what to do with. Some pieces are cool, but this is a $130 CE at absolute most.

Deluxe edition for me, but I'll pick this up on sale or clearance later. At least there is no exclusive DLC in the inquisitor edition.

The only thing that would've made me pay $170 for the CE of this game would be a life-size Cassandra blow up doll.

Deluxe for this dude, as well. I'm not sure if I'll go just PC or if I'll end up getting a console version, too.

It's a BioWare thing. I won't even go digging for that cringe-inducing Tali blow up doll that made it's internet rounds when ME3 was due out.
Lol it's the same thing that works for Master Chief, you don't see anything so everyone has their own view of who that character is.

master_chief_icon_by_malde37-d6r77hj.png

But yeah that shit is wack.

Thing to remember is the CE is not only GS exclusive, but online GS exclusive so it's going to sell out faster & retain its value more than other CE's.

I know it was a new IP, but look at the price of the LoU Post-Pandemic Edition.

Thing to remember is the CE is not only GS exclusive, but online GS exclusive so it's going to sell out faster & retain its value more than other CE's.

I know it was a new IP, but look at the price of the LoU Post-Pandemic Edition.
Oh yuck. GS exclusive only? No GCU discount at BB for it, then.

Pass. Let someone else have it.

I keep looking at that Inquisitor $170 edition, trying to talk myself into it. I mean, it's the DA:I collectors edition for crying out loud! But I can't bring myself to do it. How on earth they thought $170 was justified is beyond me.

I keep looking at that Inquisitor $170 edition, trying to talk myself into it. I mean, it's the DA:I collectors edition for crying out loud! But I can't bring myself to do it. How on earth they thought $170 was justified is beyond me.
Even if that was $120, it still wouldn't be a buy. There's too much randomness with the assortment of items going on for that to be a real CE.

Honestly, at the now mid-level CE price of $130, I'd probably lean towards buying it.  On principle alone.....both the principle that it's a Bioware CE and also that I'm a sucker for CE's.  That being said....the lack of a real centerpiece ruins this one.  I'd rather buy a couple Dragon Age shirts from the biowarestore and the requisite LE guidebook. 

With the recent tweets and Facebook posts about Orlais, "the game", and the Empresses Winter Palace, people need to read the Masked Empire. It's not the best book I've read, but it clearly sets up the state of Orlais for the new game. I feel like this and Asunder are essential reading.

With the recent tweets and Facebook posts about Orlais, "the game", and the Empresses Winter Palace, people need to read the Masked Empire. It's not the best book I've read, but it clearly sets up the state of Orlais for the new game. I feel like this and Asunder are essential reading.
Just finished Masked Empire last week. Not the greatest effort of the DA books, but it is worth reading. It has some great characters, but does not feel like a stand alone story and I would have been pissed at the ending if it had come out last year and I had to wait longer for Inquisition. I agree that this was meant to serve as a lead-in to the upcoming game.

Duly noted. I guess I'll pick them up when I get done re-reading A Feast For Crows and A Dance With Dragons. $8 as the Kindle book for Asunder and $10 for Masked Empire makes my wallet cry. :cry:

Yeah, I'm itching to reread Asunder because I seriously enjoyed that book. Not even as a DA tie-in, I just enjoyed the story and the characters. I have hard copy book but I keep the kindle version in my amazon wishlist to snap it up when it goes cheap.

While on the subject of game related books, Fable: Blood Ties is a great read too. The gnome character is, no joke, one of the freshest and funnest characters I've come across. If you're a fan of the games, that one is a must read, IMHO.

E3-Teaser-The-Iron-Bull-570x320.jpg

On Twitter, Patrick Weekes (who wrote this character) said that the reason you see his back in this image is because Iron Bull is a bad ass in an action scene, walking away from an explosion....you are the explosion. 

So EA said no no we have 6 new games we're going to show at E3. I'm gonna guess this will be one of them. Then there's Star Wars Battlefront III, Mirror's Edge 2 and Battlefield: Hardline. Two more and I want to say Mass Effect 4 and wildcard (Titanfall DLC?). Probably not but I can't figure out what that'd might be. NFS for 2015? Another Star Wars game?

Don't forget Popcap and Garden Warfare coming to Playstation. Plus, I believe they said no new NFS this year.....it was a big deal, the first year with no new NFS in a long time or something.

I think we're going to be blown away with the trailer they put out for Inquisition. I think it's going to be epic (no over-hype intended, I really mean it in the true sense of the word). It has to be or people will really start turning their attention to the Witcher 3. Did you guys see that trailer? Whoa, that looks amazing.

I'm having a hard time remembering if there's been anyone to be cemented in my first playthrough party simply off of a quote from their dialog. If not, then Iron Bull is the precedent.

Oh yeah I know NFS isn't coming out this year but I'm sure everyone will show 2015 games at this year's E3. Yeah The Witcher 3 looks amazeballs, glad it's Feb 2015.

The game looks amazing!

EA'S presser is up and they just showed footage with a live composition piece "all the feels" haha yeah agreed.

Gawdamn. That's a nice trailer. That music was really something, a clear step up quality wise, but still tonaly in sync with the franchise.

Enough with the pics and videos. Just give me the game now. This is my big game for the year, can't wait.

bread's done
Back