Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies - For Liquid Metal we would Slime!

Set to release in the US this summer, and it's being published by Nintendo.

* In a unique partnership with Square-Enix, Nintendo of America will publish Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies in the Americas when the game arrives in summer 2010. Dragon Quest IX has sold more than 4.15 million copies in the Japanese market. Nintendo and Square-Enix will now work together to bring this title to the Nintendo DS consumer base in the Americas.

FINALLY.

Dead of Knight: I heard the downloadable stuff is pretty rad too. Well, at least in Akihabara, I'd see places designated "DQ IX" meet up spots and about 100 people would just stand outside playing because it would unlock some quest.

[quote name='kainzero']FINALLY.

Dead of Knight: I heard the downloadable stuff is pretty rad too. Well, at least in Akihabara, I'd see places designated "DQ IX" meet up spots and about 100 people would just stand outside playing because it would unlock some quest.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unfortunately we don't live in Japan. :( Hopefully they will make it easy for us to access here in America, because this game is pretty niche here.

So glad it was finally announced. It was inenvitable, but it still makes me happy. Nintendo as the publisher is a bit of a surprise though.

Gamestop has it listed as a release date of 7-1, which seems fishy. A thurs.? WOuldn't it release on a Tues or Sun.?

I don't see a date for it in Amazon or Gamefly's site.

Lotsa cool RPGs coming out this summer.

I pre-ordered IX from Gamestop using the 25OFF code last week, so at least I get a discount whenever it does finally release.

[quote name='2DMention']Gamestop has it listed as a release date of 7-1, which seems fishy. A thurs.? WOuldn't it release on a Tues or Sun.?

I don't see a date for it in Amazon or Gamefly's site.

Lotsa cool RPGs coming out this summer.[/QUOTE]

lol placeholder.

Thought this bump was for a firm release date. :wall:

Has every DQ been printed in a lower amount than the last?

Seems like there are alot less 5's than 4's. But then it seems like 4's are all but gone now.

[quote name='xycury']Has every DQ been printed in a lower amount than the last?

Seems like there are alot less 5's than 4's. But then it seems like 4's are all but gone now.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised. They didn't sell as much as expected of 4 at first, so they printed less of 5, I'd imagine.

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']I pre-ordered IX from Gamestop using the 25OFF code last week, so at least I get a discount whenever it does finally release.[/QUOTE]

i got 9 coming at 26.25

i got 6 coming at 31

Yay! Finally. This will be a good summer RPG to play. Will pre-order after I get my $10 promo from Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker from Amazon.

Now I just have to beat Pokemon SS to give myself some kind of JRPG break. E4 Round 2 and then Red... ;_; since 4 of my guys are hovering around 60, I'm in for a lot of grinding.

Will this be the Dragon Quest to hold my interest past the 20-hour mark? Signs point to no, but I'm still planning on giving it a go~

Hmm... Since it's designed to be more of a multiplayer game, I'll wait till it's cheap like $25>X-ish. Hopefully Nintendo will release at $30, if not $35.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Will this be the Dragon Quest to hold my interest past the 20-hour mark? Signs point to no, but I'm still planning on giving it a go~[/QUOTE]
I may be misremembering, but I don't think this one is much longer than 20 hours.

[quote name='pete5883']I may be misremembering, but I don't think this one is much longer than 20 hours.[/QUOTE]

My husband has played it for about 300 hours. The amount of post-game content is insane.

And he has not used any wi-fi or multiplayer capabilities.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']My husband has played it for about 300 hours. The amount of post-game content is insane.

And he has not used any wi-fi or multiplayer capabilities.[/QUOTE]
Right, but straight to the end is quick-ish, innit?

[quote name='pete5883']Right, but straight to the end is quick-ish, innit?[/QUOTE]
Well it's not the 60+ hours of 7 and 8, that's for sure.

That was over 200 hours ago so I can't remember how long it took him. I do know he wanted to get it over with ASAP as the story isn't the greatest.

[quote name='slidecage']so im guessing it wont be till next year (jan or feb2011 ) before we get part 6[/QUOTE]
Most likely. They could do a holiday release, not like SE is tripping over themselves to release DS games.

I've been getting emails from Nintendo via Golin Harris (their PR firm) about participating in "some fun activities we are planning to celebrate the upcoming launch of Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies." Has anyone else been getting these?

[quote name='kitlink']I've been getting emails from Nintendo via Golin Harris (their PR firm) about participating in "some fun activities we are planning to celebrate the upcoming launch of Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies." Has anyone else been getting these?[/QUOTE]
Yep, I asked about it in the Club Nintendo thread since that's where my originated. Couple people on GAF have received it as well. Hoping I get something good in my mailbox!

Just re-preordered this on Amazon so I could use my Trauma Team promo credit (for some reason my regular Gift Cards were popping up when trying to amend my previous order, but not the promo credit). So with the promo credit + trade-in gift card + gift card for writing reviews on a wedding site = $2.99 shipped out of pocket. :lol: Lost the Gold Box discount of a bit over $1, but oh well.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Just re-preordered this on Amazon so I could use my Trauma Team promo credit (for some reason my regular Gift Cards were popping up when trying to amend my previous order, but not the promo credit). So with the promo credit + trade-in gift card + gift card for writing reviews on a wedding site = $2.99 shipped out of pocket. :lol: Lost the Gold Box discount of a bit over $1, but oh well.[/QUOTE]
Promo credit is like a coupon, as opposed to gift card credit. Which is lame.

So, does the boxart just feature four different protagonists that you have the option of creating? Because I don't see any of them in the trailer.

I'm not ordering this from Amazon, because I want it day 0.

Since it releases on a Sun., I'm sure Target or Best Buy will have an ad/promo for it, + I have a $5 Target coupon.

There's no reason Target won't carry this? It's not an obscure Squenix release, it's a Nintendo release.

They carried Glory of Heracles and that bombaed, there sure as shit better carry this.

[quote name='botticus']Yep, I asked about it in the Club Nintendo thread since that's where my originated. Couple people on GAF have received it as well. Hoping I get something good in my mailbox![/QUOTE]

Aeana at GAF already got the package. It's a DQIX poster and information about a trivia contest being held in July; the prizes of this contest are 25 bundles: a DSi and a copy of DQIX.

I got a poster from GolinHarris today, along with some info about a trivia contest that will be held in July. 25 people can apparently win the game and a DSi.

[quote name='2DMention']I'm not ordering this from Amazon, because I want it day 0.

Since it releases on a Sun., I'm sure Target or Best Buy will have an ad/promo for it, + I have a $5 Target coupon.

There's no reason Target won't carry this? It's not an obscure Squenix release, it's a Nintendo release.

They carried Glory of Heracles and that bombaed, there sure as shit better carry this.[/QUOTE]

Target and Worst Buy will probably have it 1-2 days AFTER the release date though. By that time my order'll have arrived from Amazon. If I'm wrong I can always cancel.

[quote name='Cao Cao']Aeana at GAF already got the package. It's a DQIX poster and information about a trivia contest being held in July; the prizes of this contest are 25 bundles: a DSi and a copy of DQIX.[/QUOTE]

I got mine today as well, but my letter said that the contest starts tomorrow. Everyone who got the poster will be getting an email with the first round of questions and will have to submit their answers ASAP to win. Sounds fun.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Just re-preordered this on Amazon so I could use my Trauma Team promo credit (for some reason my regular Gift Cards were popping up when trying to amend my previous order, but not the promo credit). So with the promo credit + trade-in gift card + gift card for writing reviews on a wedding site = $2.99 shipped out of pocket. :lol: Lost the Gold Box discount of a bit over $1, but oh well.[/QUOTE]

I paid for the entirety of mine just with promo credit from previous orders. Amazon's certainly established a pretty damn good model for retaining business like this. :D

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Target and Worst Buy will probably have it 1-2 days AFTER the release date though. By that time my order'll have arrived from Amazon. If I'm wrong I can always cancel.[/QUOTE]

I doubt that. It'll be like all the other recent Nintendo releases that'll be available on a Sun.

[quote name='2DMention']I doubt that. It'll be like all the other recent Nintendo releases that'll be available on a Sun.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully. Glory of Heracles wasn't available on a Sunday and they certainly didn't have it the day it came out.

[quote name='kitlink']I got mine today as well, but my letter said that the contest starts tomorrow. Everyone who got the poster will be getting an email with the first round of questions and will have to submit their answers ASAP to win. Sounds fun.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, on the one hand I have no chance, but on the other hand, there are apparently only 200 recipients, so I have a chance!

I don't like it how 25 people will win everything, 25 other people will win 2 out of 3 prizes, and 50 other people will get the shirt. But at least I already got a poster consolation prize.

[quote name='botticus']Yeah, on the one hand I have no chance, but on the other hand, there are apparently only 200 recipients, so I have a chance!

I don't like it how 25 people will win everything, 25 other people will win 2 out of 3 prizes, and 50 other people will get the shirt. But at least I already got a poster consolation prize.[/QUOTE]

How did you get in this pool of people?

[quote name='2DMention']It's gonna be HUGE!

And I bet DoK that Target will have it on launch day.[/QUOTE]

But will I be able to get it for $2.99 there? No.

But shit.. just remembered I still have almost $100 in Target gift cards that we got for a wedding present... :lol: If we still have it then may as well use it on that. :lol:

[quote name='2DMention']How did you get in this pool of people?[/QUOTE]
I have no idea, really. The email from Golin Harris came via Club Nintendo, but I don't know if that means I was just randomly selected out of people who had registered RPGs/adventure games, or what. Other people were targeted through DQ fan sites.

I must say, I am VERY impressed with how Nintendo is marketing this game. They're really going out of their way to make a strong push for it, it really makes me glad that they decided to publish it.

Here's hoping it sells well.

bread's done
Back