Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies - For Liquid Metal we would Slime!

i think the first one is Equinox
dont worry i got my butt kicked the first time too
got play more and come back and before you fight him save save save that way if you get creamed just start over

[quote name='adriley313']i think the first one is Equinox
dont worry i got my butt kicked the first time too
got play more and come back and before you fight him save save save that way if you get creamed just start over[/QUOTE]

I beat Equinox this morning. Two of my party members were nearly 30, while one was right at 20, I think. Didn't have anywhere near as much trouble, as my Priest was being nice Midhealing.

Got some other map, but the game didn't tell me where it was. Oh, so I'm supposed to go find the buried treasure myself, eh? ;)

I had that same problem last week with my first Grotto.

I really wish the Brady Guide was more usefull. The locations for alchemy items on the world map don't seem to show up until after you've done that area's 'quest'.
The listing for the weapons and armors in the back aren't always ranked by attack or defense, they also should have a section in the listing saying how to alchemize each one.

I hate having to look at the alchemy table (which also isn't sorted) and then look at the weapon list to see the attack rating, and then at the walkthrough section to see where to find the alchemy items. Just put it all in one section!

yes
GameFAQs helps with that as sometimes it can be a pain
they have a map i printed out to help me find it
it was posted on this thread a longgggg time ago

[quote name='2DMention']More tag events at Best Buy the 26th and Mar. 5th

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

I probably won't go, because I haven't touched this game in months.

Mpls. only has them on the 5th.[/QUOTE]

Orgodemir map! There's not an event near me until the 5th, and I don't really need more tags at this point, but I'd love to get that map early. I think it's not supposed to be downloadable until summer.

I still need a few more high level monsters for my bestiary, but it sucks grinding this totally obnoxious lv.99 ruins grotto (got from a tag) and not even getting high enough maps or the wrong type of map from it. Maybe I'll ask around at the tag event.

Woodus has a pretty good list of alchemy material maps, the first one on this page especially. There's also a grotto entrance lookup, although I still like to hunt them down unless I'm in a hurry. :)

Awesome, I just need 3 more tags to open up my inn. And god I hope I can get the highest level maps for water, ice, and volcano environments (I found highest level maps for ruins and caves on my own, but having no luck grinding for the other 3, and, frankly, I'm sick of it).

I think I'm just shy of 200 hours, for the record.

Edit: Wow, only in 5 towns in all of Texas. Thankfully, one of the locations is only a couple of miles from my house!

[quote name='2DMention']More tag events at Best Buy the 26th and Mar. 5th[/QUOTE]

Excellent news! There an event near me on each date!

Thanks for posting that, 2DMention.

Balls. There is a tag event in the Midtown location next week, which is goddamn far, and I don't even go there often. There might be a chance of enough people there, but I'm not counting on it.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I just crossed the 300 hour mark, which I'm going to claim is 2nd or 3rd here.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting lvl 90+ grottos. I've got exactly 2 that are above 90, but they are both boss #12, so I cant get more maps from them. I feel like I'm just being shafted by the random number generator, but surely 3 revocations + back at lvl 99 is enough to do everything.[/QUOTE]
You're at a high enough level for the best maps. It's not only the RNG that determines the quality of the map, but also the level. Two maps of the same quality could differ by 10 levels.

My best so far is level 96, but has the #12 boss, so I'm in the same situation. I have a level 92 that is the one I've repeated to attempt to get a level 99 map, but I only have a +1 (working on maxing out every job with my main).

... okay, I'm done with the game. Maxing out the wardrobe/alchenomicon will require 157 more Agates of Evolution. What The fuck. That's 7.85 million gold and 1884 brighten rocks.

I guess I'll have to be satisfied with 100% bestiary/items once all the quests are in.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I've got highest for Volcano. I was thinking of making an excuse trip up there from Austin but we'll see.[/QUOTE]

That would be great! Definitely PM me if you want to meet up sometime (I'll do the same if I come to Austin, but chances of that are very low right now).

Also, just a few minutes ago I got a map for Sapphire Tundra of Death lvl 95, so hopefully that takes care of ice (we'll see soon)!

[quote name='botticus']... okay, I'm done with the game. Maxing out the wardrobe/alchenomicon will require 157 more Agates of Evolution. What The fuck. That's 7.85 million gold and 1884 brighten rocks.

I guess I'll have to be satisfied with 100% bestiary/items once all the quests are in.[/QUOTE]

Yep, trying to finish Alchenomicon is just insane. My goal is 100% bestiary, which is time-consuming (assuming you get the maps on your own) but very doable.

[quote name='Backlash']That would be great! Definitely PM me if you want to meet up sometime (I'll do the same if I come to Austin, but chances of that are very low right now).

Also, just a few minutes ago I got a map for Sapphire Tundra of Gloom lvl 95, so hopefully that takes care of ice (we'll see soon)![/QUOTE]

Edit: Yep, ice is done!

Edit again: crap, guess I hit Quote instead of Edit last time. Sorry :(

Quick question about the high level grottos. Is it possible to get the S rank monsters without revocating at all? I have some high-80s maps, so I've pretty much seen everything except the very last sets of monsters. Leveling back up to 99 doesn't really sound like that much fun, so I've been putting it off for a long time now.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I just love the Priest in Batsureg.

"Yo! Amighty One! Keep your awesome eye upon this friend of mine yo! Mad respect unto you!"

:D[/QUOTE]

I got to this place last week. I rolled my eyes when I heard it. Almost as emberassing as the black people in McDonalds ads.

I believe he's supposed to reference the catholic priest from new york in an early family guy episode. The episode was the leafer one. And the opening phrase isn't the only funny thing he says, ask to save, and purify too.

[quote name='celegus']Quick question about the high level grottos. Is it possible to get the S rank monsters without revocating at all? I have some high-80s maps, so I've pretty much seen everything except the very last sets of monsters. Leveling back up to 99 doesn't really sound like that much fun, so I've been putting it off for a long time now.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Get your main character to level 99 and just keep beating your highest level grotto. I have never revocated (each revocation only gives you +5).

How long does it take for the alchemy item locations on the wolrd map to respawn? I need more of those iron ores, platinum ores, royal soil, etc.

[quote name='Backlash']Yes. Get your main character to level 99 and just keep beating your highest level grotto. I have never revocated (each revocation only gives you +5).[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I know it's only +5 which is why I haven't done it yet, but I didn't know if the game had some way of blocking you from getting the last ones until you did revocate. Guess I'll just keep at it in hopes of some 90+ maps.

[quote name='eldergamer']How long does it take for the alchemy item locations on the wolrd map to respawn? I need more of those iron ores, platinum ores, royal soil, etc.[/QUOTE]

sometimes a day or if you go do some other stuff
or find someone to steal it from or a quest that gives it

thats why its a good idea to make a alchemy item run everyday and get everything so ur stocked up when u need it

[quote name='eldergamer']How long does it take for the alchemy item locations on the wolrd map to respawn? I need more of those iron ores, platinum ores, royal soil, etc.[/QUOTE]

The ones you currently need take the longest to respawn. It sures seems that way, at least :( Once you get to a decently high level (and thus have nothing to fear from most enemies), it's definitely more time-effective to just steal the ingredients from the monsters that carry them, even though stealing is so frustrating.

I know that doesn't directly answer your question, but I'm not sure there is any exact formula for how long the respawn takes. Adriley's answer is probably as good as you can get.

i used to have the same problem
go to GameFAQs and look up your item and find all the ways to get it and choose the one that u find the best that works for you

i still lov the Dark Sheild money making method as the best way to make money

[quote name='adriley313']
go to GameFAQs and look up your item and find all the ways to get it and choose the one that u find the best that works for you
[/QUOTE]

No, don't cheat. If you wait a few game-days the items will respawn. The longer you wait the more of the item will have respawned, at least that's been my experience. After 2 days there might only be a few items, after 3 days there will be more, etc, up to a point of course.

[quote name='keithp']No, don't cheat. If you wait a few game-days the items will respawn. The longer you wait the more of the item will have respawned, at least that's been my experience. After 2 days there might only be a few items, after 3 days there will be more, etc, up to a point of course.[/QUOTE]
Or you'll not look for ingredients for weeks and weeks, then go to the flurry feather spawn points and find one.

I have a theory that the item respawning might be connected to how many battles you've fought, but it's just a hunch. I don't know if it's strictly time-based. Someone should try staying at an inn repeatedly and seeing if stuff respawns.

There's a tag event next to my parent's house, a mere 20 minutes away! I got so used to tagging people between Japan and gaming conventions that I was really hoping I could open the inn up. Hopefully enough people actually pay attention to the Best Buy events...

There's a tag event at a BB about 50 miles away from me this Saturday. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it due to other plans. :bomb: Ah well, I kinda shelved this after 160 hours or so anyway doing the post-game grinding.

99 is the highest, but you can reset that class to 1 ("revocating") at Alltrades Abbey. The advantage being you get a special item for that class and you can re-earn all the skill points.

I don't have any of them, but my feeling is that my characters are powerful enough to do everything I need (i.e. I don't need any better armor, weapons, or items at this point).

Unless you're going for 100% wardrobe (and thus need legacy bosses to get to pretty high levels) or just want to level up the legacy bosses, or want the items themselves for 100% completion, then there's really no need to go through all that grinding. Just my opinion.

[quote name='Backlash']99 is the highest, but you can reset that class to 1 ("revocating") at Alltrades Abbey. The advantage being you get a special item for that class and you can re-earn all the skill points.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for the reply.
As for the special item, would it be a random special item or is it set?

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']Cool, thanks for the reply.
As for the special item, would it be a random special item or is it set?[/QUOTE]

It's a set item (always an accessory), depending on which class is revocating. For instance, revocating a thief gives you an accessory that ups the chance to steal. I know there's a list out there somewhere of what they all are.

Also, what does it mean when the girl at Stornway tells me they have a special guest in the inn? I thought I had seen everyone, and the guest list isn't getting longer.

You always get a different treasure map for beating the boss, so there's that if you're looking for a specific type of grotto. Also you could go back to try your luck with blue chests, and many quests ask you to go fight a specific grotto boss or enemy. Generally there's no reason to go back unless you find a really good grotto, though.

The special guests are the legacy characters that you have to take the elevator to go see. I think when a guest shows up, Erinn will mention it the next time you talk to her whether or not you've already met the guest, so that could be happening.

Yes they always drop a different map every time and sometimes they have 2% drop where they drop something awesome.

At the inn in stornway go to the elevator in the left upper corner of the inn.
Look at the list and u will see ppl that are staying there.
Depending on what class ur main guy is Ull get a piece of clothing.

bread's done
Back