Dragonball: Evolution - New Trailer Now Live

[quote name='CouRageouS']I'll bet $12893512390857 that if car behind him is indeed his, it says NIMBUS on the license plate.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the capsule corp. logo.

I saw this on kotaku. This goes along with my theory that Sam Jackson should be Picollo.
thumb463x_samjacksonlightsaber.jpg

Someone photoshop him green and add some twists to the lightsaber along with the caption "SPECIAL BEAM CANNON!"

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Perhaps it will turn into this generation's Rocky Horror Picture Show.[/QUOTE]

God I hope so!

Chow Yun-Fat looks like a tourist.If they'd given him a camera to wear around his neck it'd be perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dragonball sucked.
DBZ was awesome.

I remember watching it when I was little and there was a lot of screaming, but I liked it. They should of made a DBZ movie instead of a DB movie.

Lets just hope they never decide to do a DBGT movie should this one succeed. I refuse to acknowledge that that series is canon anywhere in the DB timeline & it is more or less of a "what if" scenario.

[quote name='Moxio']Oh man that looks awful.[/quote]

Yeah, it does look particularly undesirable. However, my expectations are set low. I mean, I have been a pretty harsh critic of this movie, but, maybe, it will be cheesy-good.

'Cause really, that's the best it can do, at this point.

I love James Marsters and would have his babies. That said, I'm not particularly fond of Piccolo's skin color and facial features. The garb works, I guess. I just wish he weren't so milky. He looks like the belly of a frog.

And I had no idea Ernie Hudson was in this movie. But now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

Thanks for the pictures, Frisky!

:rofl: He looksl ike a bald version of Spike in vampire mode. They couldn't even try to make him a little green?! Come on!

He really does look like a Buffy vampire. No green and no antennae make it so.

He really does look like a star trek alien.:roll:

Maybe this will finally make studies realize that not all anime translates into live action well.

[quote name='CouRageouS']:rofl: He looksl ike a bald version of Spike in vampire mode. They couldn't even try to make him a little green?! Come on!

He really does look like a Buffy vampire. No green and no antennae make it so.[/quote]

[quote name='bardockkun']Gokou vs. Star Trek aliens?

ABOUT fuckING TIME![/quote]

[quote name='lilboo']:rofl: Oh, Spike...:cry:[/quote]

All the words. Right out of my mind.

Poor Spike indeed. :whistle2:(

Piccollo translates to Great Pickle...

That looks nothing like a pickle, unless they're thinking "flesh pickle."

Ah man, I'm expecting tentacle aliens in this now too...

Perhaps there's hope for it yet? :whistle2:k

Edit:

After watching both versions of the trailer, it doesn't feel like Dragon Ball. It feels much too serious.

So far, it doesn't feel like the manga or anime. And considering there is only manga and anime, it feels like a generic martial arts movie using the Dragon Ball name and Dragon Ball characters.

Either be faithful to the title and please fans or make it avant-garde and crazy. At least Speed Racer made me seize so I lost consciousness. They should put a button in movie theater seats that, when pressed, cues a robotic monkey and bops you over the head at request. Something tells me I may want to forget about seeing this movie.

[quote name='JolietJake']Who is this Mai woman? Is she supposed to be chi chi?[/QUOTE]

This is Dragonball, not Dragonball Z. That's why Piccolo's a villain. Mai was a hench(wo)man of Emperor Pilaf.

The change to Piccolo's design was clearly to make him look more evil.

I don't care whether or not the movie's faithful, but it looks like crap. Being unfaithful isn't why it sucks, though -- I think there big problem was trying to target too old of an audience. Dragonball is all about adventure, pure adventure, and it seems like they focused more on action in an attempt to appeal to an older audience. It'll definitely suck.

bread's done
Back