Ducktales Remastered retail release - $20 PS360/Wii U (PS3 DLC voucher available now, physical releases 11/12)

MetalSlugger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Physical disc version of Ducktales Remastered for PS3/360/Wii U coming Nov. 12: http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/09/18/ducktales-remastered-is-headed-to-retail-stores

PS3 voucher version details below...pretty pointless since the PS3 physical release will have the same cover art.  The only bonus for buying the voucher version is the exclusive DR pin.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/08/20/limited-boxed-version-of-ducktales-remastered-available-now-in-the-us

Sounds like this is going to be EXTREMELY hard to find. Barely any of the GameStops around me had it, and the copy I picked up was the only copy that store received. I'd grab it ASAP if you want it...$5 more for a nice-looking case and collector's pin. Yes, it sucks that it's a DL token and not a game disc but for me this was a no brainer.

GameStop (instore only)
Target website (instore only)

Target stock checker

Capcom online store
TRU item number: 013388991624

Last edited by a moderator:
A disc is just a storage medium for code. A disc or other physical media that can no longer be used to run that code is no different than a piece of paper that has a link or access code to some server somewhere that also no longer can be used to run the code. Both are simply physical representations of something that does not function anymore. I don't think it matters what you think is more valuable and what isn't. As long as one person thinks something has value and is willing to pay for it and someone else is willing to sell it to them, then there is a market for it. I don't know what will happen 20 years from now. It really doesn't matter. The point is that there is a market for this product and the M v. C 2 product before it even if the actual game itself isn't physically stored inside the case. For now, M v. C 2 as a case with voucher is far more valuable than many sealed video games, functioning or not. Whether Duck Tales will share the same fate a year from now or five years or ten is pure speculation.
I think there will be a market for this, but not a big one. You said MVC2 sells for around original retail. I think this will too. $20-30 at most though. JMO.

But my original point wasn't so much about the game itself, and more that sealed games are more valuable. I don't think there is any doubt that a sealed copy of Duck Tales with a disc inside would be worth more down the road than just the DLC. Even if the buyer's plan was never to open, most collectors would go for the one with the disc and pay more for it.

Oh guess what folks huge surprise it went from 164 back to the original 165.

Now a total for all 165 shipped. $3369. 47

Either two things happened.

1. In the six hour period someone bought one copy then cancelled their order adding it back to the stock.

2. Capcom has a pre-set number they fill online stock at. So as a few copies get sold they restock to 165.

( Considering Capcom had sold out of the game already and did a restock makes #2 very plausible)

I'm leaning with one.

Means since 4pm not a single copy sold lmao.

I think there will be a market for this, but not a big one. You said MVC2 sells for around original retail. I think this will too. $20-30 at most though. JMO.

But my original point wasn't so much about the game itself, and more that sealed games are more valuable. I don't think there is any doubt that a sealed copy of Duck Tales with a disc inside would be worth more down the road than just the DLC. Even if the buyer's plan was never to open, most collectors would go for the one with the disc and pay more for it.
Incorrect. M v. C 2 sells for 5X retail or about $100 right now if you can find one even though the code doesn't work anymore. I don't disagree that if there was such thing as a version with a disc and one without, the one with would probably be more valuable assuming both were equally common and had identical contents. Since that option doesn't exist, collectors have no choice if they want something physical from the release and so they will buy this voucher version. Whether it maintains its value or goes up or down is total speculation. There are tons of "rare" disc based games that are worth little or nothing and lots of far more common games that are in high demand and very valuable. This is just like any other physical collectible and the market will dictate its value over time.

Well Its been like 5 hours since the stock was updated at 165. They sold one in that five hour period. Its 164 now.

With the current batch and the rate they are selling it will be in stock for over one month if they don't do another restock.

So even if the game does go OOP its going to be available for weeks to come

Averaging at the rate they are selling.

Goodnight.

I can buy the remaining 164 for $3,349.48 shipped.

Maybe I can like double my money and have like 10 grand? :dunce:

We're sorry but Capcom's DuckTales: Remastered PS3 Voucher Version is currently out of stock and cannot be added to your cart at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience.

[SIZE=11.818181991577148px]so did you purchase all 165 copies???? Yea it really lasted over 1 month huh?? wow good call![/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.818181991577148px]I purchased 10 at 5pm, so whatever count you were doing from 3pm-8pm was obviously wrong[/SIZE]

Remove the 165 that have been sitting in your cart and then try to add a unit.

I know navigating the internet is hard but come on.
Pretty sure the site is glitching and they didn't sell all 165 in less then a hour. Unless one person bought them all.

Or the stock counter is wrong the whole time everyone was keeping track of it. Because if the last poster ordered 10 at 5pm then the stock count is wrong for anyone keeping track.

I know when I try to add one to my cart I get the out of stock message. If I add 165 it shows in stock and gives me the price and lets me continue checkout.

It very well could be sold out. It just means that the stock it was reflecting was wrong every time it was reported.

One person couldn't have bought all 165 copies if the last poster bought 10 at 5PM.

I know that may be too hard for you to figure out though.

All this bitching and moaning about rarity....

I'm just gonna buy some copies at my local GS when doing the Trade 2 offer. I'll just sell the copies on eBay at a little bit of profit and not look like an idiot returning all the new copies of games I bought.

Win-win!

and codes will expire, making collecting worthless
Batteries in carts die within 10 years, but I doubt sealed GB/GBC games will drop in value.

Also who knows how long sealed CDs/DVDs can last ie be readable?

anyway does anyone recal if there were any changes in the GB version from the NES version? I remember getting further on the GB (probably due to longer play sessions), perhaps even beating the game.

Batteries in carts die within 10 years, but I doubt sealed GB/GBC games will drop in value.
Also who knows how long sealed CDs/DVDs can last ie be readable?

anyway does anyone recal if there were any changes in the GB version from the NES version? I remember getting further on the GB (probably due to longer play sessions), perhaps even beating the game.

Codes usually expire after 1 year or less.. Thats a lot less than 10 years. I didn't know there were batteries in carts? I'm sure they last longer if not played. if a cart breaks you can fix it, if a code expires there is no fix for a piece of paper. If a cart dies, you still have a physical thing that looks nice and is tangible.. A piece of paper is just a piece of paper

What a silly release.

You are going in person.. to buy a game..... and end up getting a download code with a case and pin........

WTF?

I was going to go and buy the physical copy but will end up not buying anything as there is no physical game.

What a silly release.

You are going in person.. to buy a game..... and end up getting a download code with a case and pin........

WTF?

I was going to go and buy the physical copy but will end up not buying anything as there is no physical game.
Cool, thanks for the update.

Went to Gamestop to pick up my copy.

They gut the damn game and put a, "$19.99" price sticker on it. 

I told them if they can't sell me a new factory sealed copy I'll pass. They said they gut them all to prevent people stealing the codes inside. 

I walked out. 

I don't like buying retail codes either...and hope it's not a trend that takes off...but at least they're being up front about it. I was totally annoyed when I sold back my copy of Naughty Bear Gold for Naughty Bear Double Trouble, and it was just Gold on disc with a code for Panic in Paradise. More so considering I literally wrote to 505 Games on facebook before buying and asked "Both games are on disc, right?" and they replied with something like "Yep, you're right. Both games are included.". Uh huh.

One of the Target stores here had 2 copies of this in their plastic prison/case for the PS3 today.

Now available on the Target website. Red card users get 5% off and free shipping.

Came out to $20.32 after tax (7% NJ tax) w/ red card.

http://www.target.com/p/ducktales-remastered-digital-playstation-3/-/A-14707555
Only thing that sucks is Target.com usually packs games in plastic bags. I bought 3 games a few months ago, they were all in the same plastic bag, no bubble wrap... All came beat up. I'm picky though, some people might not care. But isn't that the point of having a box for a DLC only game?

Only thing that sucks is Target.com usually packs games in plastic bags. I bought 3 games a few months ago, they were all in the same plastic bag, no bubble wrap... All came beat up. I'm picky though, some people might not care. But isn't that the point of having a box for a DLC only game?
Ah, thanks for the heads up. Ended up cancelling my order. Store locator still shows in stock at my local target anyways, just too lazy to drive over there and get it.

target sent me a lego minifigure by itself in a huge box

i've never had them send me anything in plastic bags, usually large oversize boxes

target sent me a lego minifigure by itself in a huge box

i've never had them send me anything in plastic bags, usually large oversize boxes
I don't know, maybe it was my luck but those games I bought and I bought Seasons 1-4 of boy meets world last year and that was in a bag too. I bought some disney infinity sets on target and those were in giant boxes. I guess YMMV?

Is the code really redeemable on Steam? The item description on Target's website says: 

Digital version - Includes code to download the Full Digital Game via Playstation Network or Steam 
Includes Exclusive Disney Collectors Pin 

Relive the classic TV series from the 1980's- - Follow the adventures of Scrooge McDuck and his three nephews; Huey, Dewey and Louie, as they fend off enemies including the Beagle Boys and Magica DeSpell, on their quest to obtain the five most impressive treasures from across the world .

Can anyone vouch for this? 

Is the code really redeemable on Steam? The item description on Target's website says:

Digital version - Includes code to download the Full Digital Game via Playstation Network or Steam
Includes Exclusive Disney Collectors Pin

Relive the classic TV series from the 1980's- - Follow the adventures of Scrooge McDuck and his three nephews; Huey, Dewey and Louie, as they fend off enemies including the Beagle Boys and Magica DeSpell, on their quest to obtain the five most impressive treasures from across the world .

Can anyone vouch for this?
AFAIK it's PSN only.

Ivanhoe, on 30 Aug 2013 - 9:32 PM, said:What a silly release.You are going in person.. to buy a game..... and end up getting a download code with a case and pin........WTF?
Well, if you can use PUR coupons and get it for less than $15 and get a pin/case like I did, I'd call it a win.

^^ it won't work on ps4, no ps3 psn games will be compatible on ps4
Not necessarily true. According to Sony, reported by Joystiq.

"So the plan is to begin with North America next year and the plan is to provide a streaming service that will allow for PS3 content initially to be streamed to firstly PS4, then PS Vita and then PS3," Ryan said. "And so that will happen in 2014 in North America initially."

I bought this at GS about a week ago and have beaten it. This game is fun but a little too easy. If you like the old school game and the tv show, you gotta play this. 

http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/09/18/ducktales-remastered-is-headed-to-retail-stores

;)

"Bless those bagpipes, fans of physical media! DuckTales: Remastered will be getting a disc and box on store shelves across North America starting November 12th. Available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U at $19.99, DuckTales: Remastered will have a disc-based alternative to what players can currently enjoy on XBLA, PSN, Wii U eShop and Steam"
Came to post this. Will grab the 360 release.

I wonder if the PS3 version will have a different insert?

http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/09/18/ducktales-remastered-is-headed-to-retail-stores

;)

"Bless those bagpipes, fans of physical media! DuckTales: Remastered will be getting a disc and box on store shelves across North America starting November 12th. Available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U at $19.99, DuckTales: Remastered will have a disc-based alternative to what players can currently enjoy on XBLA, PSN, Wii U eShop and Steam"
Awesome news that there will be a disc-version but I'm a bit miffed that they announced it so late considering I've already bought the game digitally on Wii U and the Physical boxed version for PS3. :whistle2:x

Wow.

I bet they'll do this with Phoenix Wright too. Release a physical cart after everybody has a digital version. Well, no PW for me till months after release

This announcement is really fucked for those who got the piece of paper edition. Lucky I wasn't hoodwinked.
Completely agree. The disc-based versions are well worth it and what Capcom should have released on day 1, not the lame PS3 "piece of paper edition" (lol). Glad I didn't buy the digital in any form, I'll probably pick this up on 360 when it hits.

bread's done
Back