e-rewards: it is trustworthy/worthwhile!

[quote name='blk00civicsi']REMINDER!!!!

Today is the beginning of a new quarter. You can redeem your points for a new GC.[/QUOTE]

i just did! now im back to $1.20...

I've gotten a lot of emails from e-rewards, and they all have the heading "Get Rewarded for Your Time". I got one today that says "Last Chance to Get Rewarded for Your Time". Should I be worried?

[quote name='rainking187']I've gotten a lot of emails from e-rewards, and they all have the heading "Get Rewarded for Your Time". I got one today that says "Last Chance to Get Rewarded for Your Time". Should I be worried?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, why don't you click on it?

I did a $4 survey about colleges today and at the end it asked me if I wanted to do one in a few days worth $20. Niiice.

I'm around $35 now. Not too bad... Can't wait to get to $50 and get my first GC. Been signed up for about 4 months now.

EDIT: 3 months actually, since the middle of July. Even better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realize that the new quarter began on Oct 1st. I ordered my first GS gift card on the 4th and now I have to wait until Jan 1st to get another. I currently have $12.25 and I'll probably use that on the Border Rewards Bucks.

Does anyone know how long the credit is good for? I have a message on my account warning me that $x.xx will expire on 11/1.

^^I like that the Borders Bucks are 1:1 but I sure wish you could cash out more than once a quarter. $15 every three months isn't going to do a lot for purchasing an e-reader.

[quote name='emg28']I didn't realize that the new quarter began on Oct 1st. I ordered my first GS gift card on the 4th and now I have to wait until Jan 1st to get another. I currently have $12.25 and I'll probably use that on the Border Rewards Bucks.

Does anyone know how long the credit is good for? I have a message on my account warning me that $x.xx will expire on 11/1.[/QUOTE]

Mine is saying that $x.xx will expire on 11/1... 2011. Might want to recheck that.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Mine is saying that $x.xx will expire on 11/1... 2011. Might want to recheck that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I didn't notice the year. :lol:

just got my card in the mail. only took 12 days (and it probably would have got here yesterday if not for columbus day). now to start earning towards the next one!

Mine expires on Dec 31, 2010. The rules state that you have 30 days from the expiration date to redeem your points. Does anyone know if this is true?

So, I qualified for a $25 survey on music. They were about right on the whole "it'll take 75 minutes" thing.
You are going to hear 597 short song clips played in batches of 150 followed by a few short questions. Please give us your opinion about each song.

Edit- Liars. It took 2 hours from start to finish.

[quote name='Altanis']So, I qualified for a $25 survey on music. They were about right on the whole "it'll take 75 minutes" thing.
You are going to hear 597 short song clips played in batches of 150 followed by a few short questions. Please give us your opinion about each song.

Edit- Liars. It took 2 hours from start to finish.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap. But do want, that'd put me over $50. I got one earlier for $8.50 that took about half of the survey to determine I wasn't eligible. Never gets old.

Yeah, I did the entire thing (2. fricking. hours. It did say it recommended using multiple sittings to complete it, but I thought it was only 75 minutes, so I did it in 1. Plus, you never know if they would fill up...). I think the reason I qualified was because of what genre of music I listen to. I said I listened to two rock stations and every song they sampled was rock music.

I had $45 in my account before, so I am hoping to get over the $50 threshhold within a couple days so I can cash out for the GS GC.

I was surprised, since I had only gotten 3 surveys in the past 10 days or so, and DQ'd on two of them. Hooray for 50 cents a week!

Aside from that, I just want to say that e-rewards has its moments. You'll go weeks where you only get a couple bucks, and then you'll get a whopper like I just got.

Yeah, I did the entire thing (2. fricking. hours. It did say it recommended using multiple sittings to complete it, but I thought it was only 75 minutes, so I did it in 1. Plus, you never know if they would fill up...). I think the reason I qualified was because of what genre of music I listen to. I said I listened to two rock stations and every song they sampled was rock music.

I had $45 in my account before, so I am hoping to get over the $50 threshhold within a couple days so I can cash out for the GC.

I was surprised, since I had only gotten 3 surveys in the past 10 days or so, and DQ'd on two of them. Hooray for 50 cents a week!

Aside from that, I just want to say that e-rewards has its moments. You'll go weeks where you only get a couple bucks, and then you'll get a whopper like I just got.

My Account Balance
$70.00
For Reward Redemption

That was fast. I cashed out about 1 minute ago. :D

Congratulations! $50.00 in e-Rewards Currency has been redeemed for your $25 GameStop Gift Card. We hope you enjoy your selection. Your Reward confirmation will be sent to you by e-mail with instructions on how to redeem this Reward.

Does anyone know about the Borders bucks? I'm still thinking about grabbing them but there are about a thousand confusing terms and conditions; it says they can't be used on shipping charges? So if I buy a book with them I still have to pay shipping?

[quote name='Survivalism']Does anyone know about the Borders bucks? I'm still thinking about grabbing them but there are about a thousand confusing terms and conditions; it says they can't be used on shipping charges? So if I buy a book with them I still have to pay shipping?[/QUOTE]

It gets put into your Border Rewards account. Then you can use it online or instore. I bought a $60 book with my credit and coupon for $20.

[quote name='mer71']It gets put into your Border Rewards account. Then you can use it online or instore. I bought a $60 book with my credit and coupon for $20.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but apparently you can't put them toward shipping which is what I'm confused about. Meh, I wish we still had a Waldenbooks.

[quote name='Survivalism']Yeah but apparently you can't put them toward shipping which is what I'm confused about. Meh, I wish we still had a Waldenbooks.[/QUOTE]
I think what it's mostly talking about is just not being able to buy say a $10 book that has $5 shipping (so $15 total) with $15 in Borders Bucks- you could only use $10 for that.

I think. I've only cashed out once so I dunno.

So I ordered my GameStop giftcard on the first, and as of today it still hasn't shown up. How long should I wait until I try to contact them about it? My last one got here in like ten days.

[quote name='rainking187']So I ordered my GameStop giftcard on the first, and as of today it still hasn't shown up. How long should I wait until I try to contact them about it? My last one got here in like ten days.[/QUOTE]
I did the same and mine hasn't either, and one of my friends is still waiting on his got his today. Usually I get mine within 10-14 days as well. Their fulfillment email says "within 30 days" and "not responsible for lost, stolen or missing Rewards" so I don't know if emailing them would do any good.

Hopefully it'll show up in the next day or two.

It took about 10 days for my GS gift card to arrive.

I just redeemed the $15 Borders Bucks and I noticed that it can only be redeemed once every calender year. That sucks. I wouldn't mind $15 in BB every 3 months. There's really nothing else worth redeeming.

[quote name='emg28']It took about 10 days for my GS gift card to arrive.

I just redeemed the $15 Borders Bucks and I noticed that it can only be redeemed once every calender year. That sucks. I wouldn't mind $15 in BB every 3 months. There's really nothing else worth redeeming.[/QUOTE]

That's ridiculous - I think you can cash out Gamestop cards every six months or so . . .

[quote name='willynateDgreat']That's ridiculous - I think you can cash out Gamestop cards every six months or so . . .[/QUOTE]
GS GCs are once every quarter, so every 3 months.

Is there any sort of rhyme or reason as to who gets offered the Gamestop gift cards as rewards?

It is definitely not on the list for me, nor has it been for the last 2 months. I'm not up to $50 yet to cash out but I am getting close and it's got me concerned since I have no interest in any of the other reward options.

I have it on my list; I got in by being on GS's mailing list, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Really wish I could get Borders bucks more than once a year. I just discovered it was an option a month ago, and cashed it in; I got Perfect Blue and Texhnolyze for ~$10-15. Too bad for them, because without that discount there's no way I'd ever spend money on their overpriced crap.

Anyone know how to find my anniversary date, so I know when to cash in my rewards?

[quote name='BitLooter']I have it on my list; I got in by being on GS's mailing list, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

Really wish I could get Borders bucks more than once a year. I just discovered it was an option a month ago, and cashed it in; I got Perfect Blue and Texhnolyze for ~$10-15. Too bad for them, because without that discount there's no way I'd ever spend money on their overpriced crap.

Anyone know how to find my anniversary date, so I know when to cash in my rewards?[/QUOTE]

The rewards are on a quarterly cycle. They were just reset on Oct 1st. It is standard for all users. So it's not 3 months from your last redemption. We all should be able to redeem again on/around 12/31/10-1/1/11

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I still haven't received mine, so I may have to wait until the 1st and send them an email. First time I didn't get it. Bummer.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I was also expecting to get a game in the mail today, but it was processed at a post office near my house then sent to an entirely different city before they realized they screwed up, so my faith in the USPS isn't exactly at an all time high right now.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']The rewards are on a quarterly cycle. They were just reset on Oct 1st. It is standard for all users. So it's not 3 months from your last redemption. We all should be able to redeem again on/around 12/31/10-1/1/11[/QUOTE]

I don't know about you or anyone else, but my e-rewards rewards page says Borders Bucks can only be redeemed once a calendar year.

Expiration
Borders Bucks that are not redeemed by the end of the month after the month they were issued will be forfeited.

Redemption Limitation
Redemption of this Reward is limited. You may claim one reward per calendar year per Borders Rewards account and/or e-Rewards account.

[quote name='Altanis']I don't know about you or anyone else, but my e-rewards rewards page says Borders Bucks can only be redeemed once a calendar year.[/QUOTE]

Mine says that too. I don't shop at Borders (prefer B&N), so I've honestly never looked at their redemption. But all of their quarterly redemptions are reset at the same time as everyone else. (Not based on anniversary)

I know the GS card resets once every quarter, and the BB redemption is once a year; I sent away for my next GS card as soon as this quarter started.

But I've been told every year after you sign up, e-rewards cuts your collected earnings in half. Is this still true? And if it is, how can I find out when they're going to do that?

Hey I have an account I forgot about....lol

but I dont receive the survey emails anymore , I opted to receive the maximum amount (10) but I dont get then , why ?

bread's done
Back