E3 2011: MS edition. Halo 4 and others on the way.

This just in: It's too complex and takes too much effort to grab your controller and press LEFT on your thumbstick to get to the next menu.

This TV stuff sounds good during the initial announcement, but there is going to be so many restrictions. You'll probably need to have a cable subscription already with the "correct" cable provider. As if it wasn't all just data anyway.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Finally, here we go. GAMES! C'mon, gimme something by RARE...[/QUOTE]

90% of the presentation so far has been games. They took like 5 minutes to show new dashboard features and UFC integration.

The UFC thing would be cool if it wasnt PPV(which is always far overpriced). I also feel they missed an opportunity to have a big grand E3 moment with Cliffy B. They should have had him have some big grand entrance worthy of a Rock Star.

[quote name='joe2187']Wow that Medieval game looks pretty goo-

YOU ARE THE CONTROLLER

nevermind.[/QUOTE]

Yep. The video switched to the real life guy punching and I just face palmed.

Pretty typical show so far. New Fable, new halo, new racing game, show Gears 3, show some kinect stuff and talk about the newest media stuff available this year. Not bad, but hopefully they have something more surprising up their sleeve.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Pretty typical show so far. New Fable, new halo, new racing game, show Gears 3, show some kinect stuff and talk about the newest media stuff available this year. Not bad, but hopefully they have something more surprising up their sleeve.[/QUOTE]
I know. This has been boring to watch for me. I am waiting for something to say oh my god I want that.

Hmmm Minecraft Kinect is def not a game for me but def a cool idea, very fitting.

Edit - Same with Disneyland. For someone like me its hella lame, but I know a lot of people(casuals) that will go insane over this.

It looks only for Kinect and was "on rails" ie your casting spells/attacking but everything moves you foward without you doing anything.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']It looks only for Kinect and was "on rails" ie your casting spells/attacking but everything moves you foward without you doing anything.[/QUOTE]

:cry:

Disneyland Adventures looks even worse.

$60 for a interactive tour guide map of Disneyland? Seriously?

*FIST BUMP!*

They made a DisneyLAND game, wouldn't DisneyWORLD have been better?

I've been to disneyland, It's overpriced and it sucked...and that was my opinion in the 6th grade it still stands...(next California adventure as DLC)

I hate Kinect. So much. Disneyland Adventures? Really? What's SO bad about using a controller to play videogames that are actually worthwhile? Every potentially good game is ruined by "You are the controller" and everything is on rails.

So Basically Fable gets worst my each version
Fable 1 Good
Fable 2 Not too bad
Fable 3 pissed off a lot of fans
This new Fable will piss off even more as a Kinect only on rails title.

star-wars-kid-o.gif

watching on spike.. kinect is cool for sports games like bowling, table tennis.. but not all this other bullshit i'm seeing right now.

microsoft looking to outfail itself from last year thats one of your big announcements is a "remastered" halo game that looks like it runs way worse than the original and not even 60 fps how pathetic

The force abilities and whatnot look good, but the actual swinging of the lightsaber looks clunky and terrible. Also "Lightsaber ON" ...

[quote name='joe2187']
star-wars-kid-o.gif
[/QUOTE]

This was made 10x funnier by the fact that I have the press confrence screening on another monitor. It made it sound like a real light saber ;)

[quote name='SativaSam']I hate Kinect. So much.[/QUOTE]

You read my mind. WTF is up with this generations obsession over motion controls. Yea the Wii was fun, for about a week! Now it is a sweet paperweight.

bread's done
Back