E3 2011: MS edition. Halo 4 and others on the way.

Tim Schaefer is going to finish this Kinect demo for the Sesame Street game and announce Psychonauts 2....hes going to...sniff sniff.....he has to!

None of this is really impressing me. I want to like kinect, but I don't want to flail around like a fucking idiot for 3 hours while the game moves for me.

God this is looking terrible for Kinect. At least with Move, they have decent games for it (Killzone, Socom, etc). This just looks like on rails shooters and star wars.

[quote name='Salamando3000']How long is this thing supposed to last? I'm waiting for something I'm supposed to give a damn about.[/QUOTE]

20 minutes left. Halo 4 will probably be the final game for the keynote! :D

The Xbox 360 conference is beyond redemption. Kinect, which is fundamentally broken and unplayable, is being focused on way too much.

[quote name='joe2187']They made a DisneyLAND game, wouldn't DisneyWORLD have been better?
[/QUOTE]
You need Disneyworld for the sequel!

So far, it is a total bomb of a presser. I just can't excited for anything. The only thing that looked ok was the sesame street game and the guy talking on it was pretty humorous. Microsoft while appealing to the whole family is good for them on paper and profit, but the hardcore gamer, you can't help but be embarrassed to own a Xbox 360 at this point. It is turning into Wii2.
Here hoping the other 2 will have a good press conference which at this point won't be too hard to do.
I see Craigslist will be the new dumping ground for Xbox 360's.

I am really surprised that so many people seem like they were expecting to see great Kinect games and hardcore stuff in general? I am betting/hoping that MS has a card up their sleeve and will announce at least one really big cool hardcore game right at the end, but in general from the start I was predicting they would try and eat Nintendos lunch.

MS has always said their goal with the Xbox was not to be the biggest in console gaming but the biggest home media center. That is exactly what they are doing here. Nintendo showed them the light with the Wii and now that they see it MS is going to capatalize and brilliantly. Does it suck for us? Yep! But will they make 100x more profit with cheap cash in kinect titles for the kids and with giving mom and dad the abilty to lay on the couch and watch their fav movies, tv shows and sports events without even having to put the minimal effort in to stretch for the remote laying on their fat stomach every now and then!

Frankly its a brilliant move. Nintendo made money on the hardware and walked away laughing to the bank. MS came up and showed all those same people pissed at Nintendo for selling them a worthless device a future that lets them be even lazier, gives their kids something hella cool and gives them something novel.

[quote name='xmbri'] you can't help but be embarrassed to own a Xbox 360 at this point.[/QUOTE]

I was waiting for someone to post something retarded enough to make me say fuck it and stop reading this thread, and there it is.

You guys wouldn't be happy no matter what the fuck they showed unless it stuck 100% to what your idea of what their lineup should be, and don't pretend otherwise. I suppose the leak this morning didn't help either.

So far we have over an hour of third party games and on rail shooters...man this is really a bummer. It's weird to see Microsoft doing the same thing Nintendo made the mistake of back in 2008. I'm not a huge 360 user by any means but I expected much better.

Edit: I think they are way too focused on the Kinect and I wish they would have a better balance of regular games and Kinect. Especially when the Kinect games shown have been very (in my opinion) lacking.

Wow...they are basically pushing the Kinect. I had it and sold it. For 2 players to play comfortably, I need at least 10+ feet of space.

I think my daughter would enjoy these games, Disney and what not.

My 4 and 6 year old kids might enjoy the Sesame Street game. I'll enjoy ME3 and FORZA 4, but probably won't use their Kinect functions. Why in the fuck did I pay $150 for the Kinect again? Oh, that's right: my kids wanted it just like the wii.

The only good thing about the Kinect is if my wife has friends over and they play Dance Central. Gotta love five 30+ milfs shaking it in my living room.

Dance Central 2 then a 30 second teaser of Halo 4. Ugh. This conference was terrible. I hope Sony has some badass exclusives cause this is just...awful.

[quote name='joe2187']If you watch the conference in reverse, Instead of getting worse It gets better!

*cries*[/QUOTE]

lol

[quote name='Spokker']Okay, this is officially the worst E3 presentation in the history of the event.[/QUOTE]

/this

It actually makes me NOT want to play the 360.

The other thing that's always bothered me about E3 is how the journalists in the crowds cheer like they're at a fucking rock concert...I mean, it's a little embarrassing for the people who represent the industry to get so giddy over something bizarre like voice-commands in Mass Effect 3.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I was waiting for someone to post something retarded enough to make me say fuck it and stop reading this thread, and there it is.

You guys wouldn't be happy no matter what the fuck they showed unless it stuck 100% to what your idea of what their lineup should be, and don't pretend otherwise. I suppose the leak this morning didn't help either.[/QUOTE]

No, actually I didn't see the leak. It is quite embarrassing if all they have focused on is the "we wanna make the Xbox360 like a Wii upgrade". It isn't retarded, it is going to be a fact. Why would I want to have a Wii upgrade. I got rid of mine a long time ago because the novelty wore off. Same goes here too.
You can't sit here and say that you are happy with what they announced. That just isn't realistic. There are some games I thought were amusing, but I am not going to pretend I like what is coming out for Xbox360. I guess everyone has gotten used to a blockbuster title that comes out of nowhere. But it seems like Microsoft has Kinect as the placeholder for what is coming down the pike.

At least the Halo fanboys got what they wanted it seems. But Halo is ho-hum at best, even though it has its place in the echelon of gaming. And it is off over 18 months.

Looks like journalists, facebook and twitter are going insane with people trashing this too. Again while I think they deserve it...I really do not see why people are surprised. After last years E3 did you see CBS, Fox, ABC or any other big media groups with Halo or Fable on the air? No every last one of them was focused on Dance Central and Kinect Sports. It was Kinect Adventures on Jimmy Falons show. It should have been obvious that we would be seeing this.

5jp0Y.jpg

bread's done
Back