E3 2011: MS edition. Halo 4 and others on the way.

[quote name='sotc1988']The other thing that's always bothered me about E3 is how the journalists in the crowds cheer like they're at a fucking rock concert...I mean, it's a little embarrassing for the people who represent the industry to get so giddy over something bizarre like voice-commands in Mass Effect 3.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

Yes indeed worst ever. The thing that leaves me confused though is that Pachter said on bonusround that he had seen what MS had to show for their press conference before hand and made it sound huge.....

Halo 4 2012 made by 343 industries. Hopefully it will be good.
Kinect heavy show. Guess its wait for 3rd party shows to see whats new and big.

Yeah, I don't see how Sony or Nintendo could do worse than this. I don't even own a PS3 but I'm looking forward to what they have to say.

They might even announce some good shit in order to save face after the PSN fiasco.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Yes indeed worst ever. The thing that leaves me confused though is that Pachter said on bonusround that he had seen what MS had to show for their press conference before hand and made it sound huge.....[/QUOTE]

Pachter is a moron. he plays it up and most of the time, falls flat. This guy needs to go running his business and play video games in silence.

*stares endlessly into guys forehead*

full_of_stars.jpg

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Halo 4 now?

*turns off stream*[/QUOTE]

LOL that was the end anyway.

Yeah it was a pretty zzzzz conference aside from MW3, Tomb Raider, and Gears 3.

[quote name='Spokker']Yeah, I don't see how Sony or Nintendo could do worse than this. I don't even own a PS3 but I'm looking forward to what they have to say.

They might even announce some good shit in order to save face after the PSN fiasco.[/QUOTE]

hopefully it isnt about move kiddie games and move +voice commands

[quote name='thehuskerfan']Why didn't they show Batman, Skyrim or BioShock??? WTF Microsoft?????[/QUOTE]
I guess they figure it will benefit them to go Kinect heavy from now on at E3. I think they need to realize that E3 is still very much a "non-casual" event and they should set up a ratio of real games to Kinect games that show they understand that concept. Last year they were about 50-50 and this year it felt like they had 80% Kinect/bing/youtube/etc. and 20% everything else. Nintendo had a harsh wake-up call a few years ago, now it's Microsoft's turn.

[quote name='SativaSam']You mean win?[/QUOTE]

yup i was holding judgement just in case they pulled somehting out of their hat at the last minute but microsoft single-handedly just delivered one of the worst press conference to date

I don't understand why they focused so much on kinect. Do the people that they're aiming kinect at even watch this shit? I feel like E3 is more for the hardcore game crowd. Shrugs

Microsoft E3 Keynote summary: "If you have a Kinect for your Xbox 360, we plan to make your future cheesy but awesome and filled with corny pre-written family banter. If you have one of our millions of Xbox 360s but don't have a Kinect yet, then either buy one or go f**k yourself."

I don't know why you guys are hating so hard. I'm finally glad I own a Kincet now. Some of the integration looks fun and I've always liked voice commands. I'm not big on full Kinect experiences like the on rails Fable or Star Wars but the voice work in Mass Effect 3 could be great.

I think Microsoft did fine and I'm off to download Kinect Fun Labs.

It is as expected. The more hype they can get for the Seasame street, Disney, and the Star wars game the more 360s they will sell and that is their goal, of course.

Still shocked how bad they messed up by ending 1vs100. It was a unique experience that targeted their non core audience, that happened to be awesome.

[quote name='ZForce915']I don't know why you guys are hating so hard. I'm finally glad I own a Kincet now.[/QUOTE]
That only took, what? 8 months? :lol:

[quote name='ZForce915']I don't know why you guys are hating so hard. I'm finally glad I own a Kincet now. Some of the integration looks fun and I've always liked voice commands. I'm not big on full Kinect experiences like the on rails Fable or Star Wars but the voice work in Mass Effect 3 could be great.

I think Microsoft did fine and I'm off to download Kinect Fun Labs.[/QUOTE]

I've been doing voice commands with socom since the ps2. I would hardly call using the microphone utilizing kinect, we could be doing the same damn thing with our headsets.

Man Gametrailers is really on MS's knob right now. They have often leaned towards them a bit anyways, but Christ the first thing they did was bring Totilo on who gave the show a B and then read off a bunch of positive tweets from gametrailers users in the chat room. I watched it on gametrailers and the chat room was just as negative if not more so then here at CAG.

Its official....Microsoft has passed Nintendo as the console to get your baby games on! You could see the lag on that Star Wars game. Motion controls suck.....gamers figured that out 3 years ago when we packed our Wii's away.

[quote name='guyver2077']jesus christ.. so many freakin negative nancies in here

As a new kinect owner.. i look forward to some of these hardcore games[/QUOTE]

Which games exactly would you call hardcore?

[quote name='MSI Magus']Man Gametrailers is really on MS's knob right now. They have often leaned towards them a bit anyways, but Christ the first thing they did was bring Totilo on who gave the show a B and then read off a bunch of positive tweets from gametrailers users in the chat room. I watched it on gametrailers and the chat room was just as negative if not more so then here at CAG.[/QUOTE]

haha yeah that was pretty lame.
a B rating? REALLY? Just 1 guys opinion but i would expect a lower rating from someone who is suppose to know about games/gaming.

Why read tweets at all? If they are just going to read ONLY the overly positive tweets? lol.

If these Kinect games look "fun" to you... I don't really think you can consider yourself a gamer.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Which games exactly would you call hardcore?[/QUOTE]

LOL, there wasn't anything hardcore about those turds...

Oh yeah....that new finger tracking was super sweet huh? You use your hand to move around and it tracks your fingers which are connected to your hand. It remains to be seen if individual fingers can be tracked....I doubt it!

I'll admit, Tomb Raider went from kinda interested to "WANT!" Otherwise only other thing that interested me was Dance Central 2.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']God this is looking terrible for Kinect. At least with Move, they have decent games for it (Killzone, Socom, etc). This just looks like on rails shooters and star wars.[/QUOTE]

This sort of quote typifies the type of person who is whining endlessly about this presentation. The goal of the Kinect and all the media features is not to wow the hardcore gamers. This presentation isn't for you man.

Microsoft seems perfectly fine with it's current share of the hardcore console gamers, but there are way, way more people to go after in casual gaming, kid shit, and the media features.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I've been doing voice commands with socom since the ps2. I would hardly call using the microphone utilizing kinect, we could be doing the same damn thing with our headsets.[/QUOTE]

This

[quote name='Ivanhoe']haha yeah that was pretty lame.
a B rating? REALLY? Just 1 guys opinion but i would expect a lower rating from someone who is suppose to know about games/gaming.

Why read tweets at all? If they are just going to read ONLY the overly positive tweets? lol.[/QUOTE]

I just watched that. It was the Microsoft reacharound. B was super aggressive generous. And it looked like that woman was trying to cipher through all the negative to find some positives in the posts on facebook.
I felt douche chills.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']I think I Just jizzed, EVERYWHERE. Bravo to Microsoft, they did it again.[/QUOTE]

What? Super LOL :lol:

Just go to the other site that sponsored this on Spike tv and see all the wonderful posts if you think this is bad. They are just trashing and beating MS like a red headed stepchild. Like I said before, even the big Xbox360 fans are simply tearing it to pieces as we speak. That speaks volumes.

You guys should continue to watch Spike. Since the conference went off, they've shown off Bioshock Infinite, they're showing a lot of Skyrim gameplay right now, and Arkham City stuff coming up.

[quote name='cthomer5000']This sort of quote typifies the type of person who is whining endlessly about this presentation. The goal of the Kinect and all the media features is not to wow the hardcore gamers. This presentation isn't for you man.

Microsoft seems perfectly fine with it's current share of the hardcore console gamers, but there are way, way more people to go after in casual gaming, kid shit, and the media features.[/QUOTE]

Yes but as Nintendo proved if you go hard to the opposite end you lose the hardcore. There is nothing wrong with catering to the casuals and trying to make money off them...but as I said Nintendo has proven that you cant do that and that alone. Yes MS showed off Gears 3 and Halo 4...but its just not enough.

I plan on never owning a Kinect because motion controlled games are just not my thing, so that conference was lame as fuck for me. Do they even sell that many Kinects? I'm interested in Tomb Raider and that's about it. Bring on Nintendo's HD console!

[quote name='Scorch']You guys should continue to watch Spike. Since the conference went off, they've shown off Bioshock Infinite, they're showing a lot of Skyrim gameplay right now, and Arkham City stuff coming up.[/QUOTE]
This!
crazy dragon battles.

I don't want to start an 'us vs. them' thing, but honestly, E3 isn't about us anymore. The era of E3 being home to ALL the big game announcements and surprises is over. Even then, we are usually acutely aware of stuff before it happens anyway. Whether you give a shit or not, Halo 4 and a new Nintendo console would've been HUGE announcements had they actually been kept secret before E3.

I also don't like this weird thing that seems to be happening, where E3 is this weird barometer of 'which company gets my business this year'. I've been excited about stuff on the 360 and PS3 this year for months and months before E3, so nothing is really going to change much. Honestly think about which games you're excited about in 2011 and realize that most of them probably weren't part of an E3 conference or, even if they were, weren't surprise announcements. I don't look at MS, Sony, or Nintendo to 'win me over' for the next year. This isn't some subscription that I have to re-up every year with all of it riding on E3. I already own both systems, and already have a list of stuff I'm interested in. E3 is almost irrelevant to me.

I wasn't a big fan of the MS conference, but I also recognize that I wasn't the target audience for it. I will also say that, even if I abhor motion controls, I applaud Microsoft for having the balls to *really* put themselves behind Kinect for the upcoming year. Gimmick or not, it seems to have Microsoft's support. I'm curious to see how much Move support there is during the Sony conference.

Anyway, getting back to the core argument here... if you're looking for MS, Sony, or Nintendo to kneel down and blow you at E3, keep waiting. Won't happen. Maybe ten years ago, sure... but not now.

bread's done
Back