Early Halo Reach Beta Access

If anyone has a extra they can share please pm me, ill be greatful! Mine is stuck on please wait screen and i think its the hospital wifi thats losing connection

[quote name='UberSwiss']Yahoo e-mails do work, but I think MS is starting to screen people. My proof is I have yahoo e-mail and got it instantly after I clicked redeem code. That was about an hour and a half ago. Keep in mind, I have a legit EZ account.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the info.

I just read from another user, they said someone on Bungie.net said that they might ban people for this. Not sure. But good luck every one.

[quote name='blackric']Finished the quiz but when I click the RetailHQ, they site says i'm an unahtorized user, any ideas why?[/QUOTE]

update: got it to work, used IE instead of Firefox must have been a browser issue.

Also, make sure you have the code sent to a hotmail address, yahoo for whatever reason won't get it. I tried with a yahoo address and it never came, but with hotmail, it came right away. Hope that helps people.

[quote name='D0RC']Thanks for the info.

I just read from another user, they said someone on Bungie.net said that they might ban people for this. Not sure. But good luck every one.[/QUOTE]
They wont ban anyone, they are so many different sites that are giving out codes today. All kinds of codes on twitter also.

[quote name='blackric']update: got it to work, used IE instead of Firefox must have been a browser issue.

Also, make sure you have the code sent to a hotmail address, yahoo for whatever reason won't get it. I tried with a yahoo address and it never came, but with hotmail, it came right away. Hope that helps people.[/QUOTE]Mine came right away on yahoo mail. So it will work with yahoo accounts.

[quote name='blackric']Anybody confirm, with these keys, you no longer need ODST right?[/QUOTE]

you dont need ODST to play this.

[quote name='Greendomo']I swear I've checked every page and only found one part so far. Can you give us a clue?[/QUOTE]

I believe only two parts are in plain sight

[quote name='bluedotlounge']I believe only two parts are in plain sight[/QUOTE]

Well I mean I guess those are the two I've found. Are they in the articles or might they be in the comments or headers too?

i signed up 2 expert zone after like 30 minutes because the confirmation email wouldnt send but i keep getting a error when i click on take the course 2 get a code

[quote name='nubyw00tz']For that Examiner contest I found 3 of them and I checked every 2010 article. Could they also be in the comments?[/QUOTE]

Hint: White Text.

Thanks guys for the heads up on how to get this! Don't think I'm getting ODST from that freakin "contest". Had to make 2 expertzone accounts since one got messed up. Now damn thing went through. Question is should I take the quiz again for another beta code?

so any ideas why the unauthorized user is coming up ?

edit- did it again with actual store data and its all good now.. waiting for email link with code

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']damn code taking so long to get emailed to my yahoo account[/QUOTE]

tell me about it, thought it wasnt taking Yahoo accounts, so I made one using my university e-mail. Came through in an instant. I finally got confirmation for my yahoo acct to sign up.

[quote name='bluedotlounge']I have one to giveaway as well, though it's another one of the eyesore contests of mine.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...er~y2010m4d29-Halo-Reach-early-beta-code-hunt

NOTE: I had to make a major correction because I forgot to remove some segments from a previous contest. Sorry! It's fixed now. Happy hunting![/QUOTE]

I give up, I've checked every page twice between now and Jan...You're a cruel, cruel man lol

[quote name='Greendomo']I give up, I've checked every page twice between now and Jan...You're a cruel, cruel man lol[/QUOTE]
His contests are damn near impossible. If you win them, you really deserve it.

I seriously think if I spent all the time between now and Monday trying to find the rest of the chunks, I'd still be better off buying ODST on Monday. :'(

[quote name='Greendomo']I seriously think if I spent all the time between now and Monday trying to find the rest of the chunks, I'd still be better off buying ODST on Monday. :'([/QUOTE]

Or just tolerate the slow ass expertzone site and get one there?

[quote name='gage006']Or just tolerate the slow ass expertzone site and get one there?[/QUOTE]

im just worried about everyone who used that getting bans

[quote name='Poor2More']is expertzone site down? or is it just damn slow?[/QUOTE]

REALLY slow. Probably a ton of people creating fake accounts...:bomb:

[quote name='gage006']I think it's over on expert zone, not seeing the banner anymore.[/QUOTE]

Well that's good. It's a shame, but oh well. To each their own.

i will trade some 48-hour live codes for an early reach beta code, i dont have an ODST disk so im just hoping to get into the beta, ill send my codes first through PM cuz this is my first post, obviously that would make me hard to trust so im sending my codes first if anybody wants to make a deal..

well i made another account this time with my school email and did the questions but when I click on "Go to Retail HQ" bring up another page which doest load.

[quote name='Greendomo']im just worried about everyone who used that getting bans[/QUOTE]

For that to happen they'd have to first verify all the accounts. For people who used real store info, unless they have access to the store's employment database, that would mean calling each one. They'd then have to look up which code that expertzone account was assigned and then figure out the Live account that redeemed it. I can't imagine they'd go to all that trouble for beta codes. I can see them cracking down on people who are fraudulently using the site to get physical merchandise that costs them money, but not for this.

Even if they did go after people, I can't imagine they'd do anything more than revoke the beta or give out temporary bans. Unless you used your Live account to register for expert zone, there's no easy way to tie the person that got it from expert zone to the person who redeemed it. It's not like codes were only being given out by Microsoft. Lots of tiny little gaming blogs were holding contests today. Hell, there was a guy on twitter who claimed the ones he gave out were given to him by his neighbor/friend who works at Microsoft.

[quote name='KingHippp0']You're kidding right? How about the unique serial code sent from the site and redeemed by the Xbox Live ID?[/QUOTE]

Then you run into the issue of people reselling the codes and the rumored same codes being issued. Can you imagine the mess MS would have if they started banning people that unknowingly took a fraudulent serial key? What MS needs to do is shut down the beta for 12 hours, lock the current beta, and issue out codes via e-mail to everyone who was entitled to one.

bread's done
Back