Eb game days - April 05 - May 02

JnJosh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
This years "Game days" sales (remember those 9.89 games?) is running a bit early this year, hopefully a lot of stuff to come, flyer scans will be up on the 3rd, but I am willing to send them for a few good men, regulars only via PM. The rest of you can wait a few days, :)

just be a bit patient with the PMing, i will get back to you guys asap!

join the group! http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...hp?groupid=190

Flyer is now live, my crappy scans are no longer needed!

http://ebgames.ca/fsi.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RobMinhas']i picked up eight for three bucks back in october, then i went to pnt and got 10 bucks apeice.[/quote]

Ok, now I know you're a RFD regular.

[quote name='TronB']I'm so tempted to pick this up, but I was hoping The Source would drop them even lower eventually....I've never played the first one, though.[/quote]
The second one is far superior to the first one; just grab it and play, it's worth it imo. And if I didn't already buy it at launch only to have Amazon.ca have it on sale for this price 3 months later, I'd be grabbing myself second copies. :p

I picked up the socom blu-tooth headset bundle today at the EB game in metrotown, burnaby for $39.99. They had two more bundles when I left. I paid most of it with my edge card and rest with cash. I love it that the edge credit is applied before taxes; saved almost $4 in taxes. I then immediately traded in the game for $15 credit (back onto the edge card). I just wanted the headset.

Not that anyone is likely to care, but I picked up a copy of LOTR: The Battle for Middle Earth II (PC) for $9.99 today. This was of course at EB games.

I went to my EB Games tonight and the 2/20 was still on on all used games $9.99 to $14.99 (including DS and PSP games)

I picked up Merchanaries 2 for PS3 and LOTR Conquest for DS for 20

The 2/30 was still on for all games up to $19.99 and the 2/40 was still on for all games up to $24.99.

[quote name='zeze']I went to my EB Games tonight and the 2/20 was still on on all used games $9.99 to $14.99 (including DS and PSP games)

I picked up Merchanaries 2 for PS3 and LOTR Conquest for DS for 20

The 2/30 was still on for all games up to $19.99 and the 2/40 was still on for all games up to $24.99.[/quote]

could you tell us the location of this eb games?? Thanks

For the 2 for ??? deal, can one mix and match for prices? For example, if I had a used game for 19.99 and one for 24.99, could you get the 2 for 40 deal or something?

I specifically asked that question at two locations and was told NO. The prices must be within the range for the deal to work. I think it's EB's way of making sure no one actually gets to do the deal. Sigh.

[quote name='Zing']I specifically asked that question at two locations and was told NO. The prices must be within the range for the deal to work. I think it's EB's way of making sure no one actually gets to do the deal. Sigh.[/QUOTE]

Aww, that sucks. Guess I gotta check how much both Mercs 2 (PS3) and Overlord: Raising Hell (PS3) are used in the shop and hope they are in the same range...

[quote name='Lockescythe']man this year sucks compared to last.
[/quote]

I keep telling myself that just one or two good deals will make it all worthwhile... but just haven't seen anything worth buying at my local EB Games so far. (Of course, signage and employee knowledge has been poor enough that it's possible to miss stuff.)

[quote name='lperron']could you tell us the location of this eb games?? Thanks[/quote]

Northland location in Calgary

I also hope that EB Games would have some $9.89 games like last year. So far this year sucks except for the couple of 2/20 games I picked up and the mystery dungeons game for $14.89 was a pretty good deal, but overall really disappointing.

[quote name='Lockescythe']man this year sucks compared to last.
[/quote]

It's only been a week XD there's three more weeks of this stuff.

[quote name='AftComet']It would be great if someone who works at EB can fill us all in.[/quote]

We are, just not you guys.

And I'm checking price changes every single day, and nada so far.

[quote name='kathos'][quote name='AftComet']It would be great if someone who works at EB can fill us all in.[/quote]
We are, just not you guys.[/quote]I'm going to assume that you aren't trying to sound like a jerk with that remark, but it really does sound that way.
Do try to show some tact.

Please observe the title above...

I expect things here will be rocky for a while. We've seen a recent (and MASSIVE) influx of RFD hoarder types on this board in the past few months. If you're not a "long-standing member" unfortunately you're viewed with a suspicious eye.

This is a forum for game enthusiasts who want to stretch their gaming dollar as far as it will go--not jackasses who want to use cheap games as a means to turn a quick profit at the expense of everyone else on this board. Unfortunately we've seen a lot of the later as of late.

CAG (CANADA) used to be semi-secret, and the adjustment to being high-profile will take some time.

Don't let it get to you, contribute to the boards in a positive fashion and eventually people will begin to trust you're not here to screw us all over. Give it time, and let perceived slights roll off your back.

Now, back on topic--Edmonton Southgate EB has sold out of GH Aerosmith Xbox360 as of yesterday--still had a few PS3 copies. Forgive me if I've already posted that in the open forums...

I am fairly new here and really havent had a great deal to contribute up to this point, but if the rude slights and elitist attitude of some of the "old timers" continues I wont be around long enough to become one of the good old boys.

I think I understand the resistance to the "hoarders", but come on. I came to CAG because of Cheapy and Wombat. I love the CAG cast and I thought any community that they were part had to be pretty great. I am not ready to write the whole group off, but with some people segregating themselves off and excluding anyone who hasnt been here "long enough" I am getting a sour taste in my mouth.

As I said, I havent been here that long, so maybe my opinion doesnt count, maybe I am wasting keystrokes. If so then this is one community I have no desire to be part of. Any way thanks to all who have been welcoming.

Guys, I just have to say. If you wanna elevate yourself beyond being a newbie you NEED to get yourself a avatar. You're just faceless nobodies without one...

[quote name='ejamer']I keep telling myself that just one or two good deals will make it all worthwhile... but just haven't seen anything worth buying at my local EB Games so far. (Of course, signage and employee knowledge has been poor enough that it's possible to miss stuff.)[/quote]

I've gotten 2 deals I guess. Okami when it was $13 used, and I PMed Too Human at BestBuy to get it for $8 (I just didn't think it was worth $10 :lol:). While there were more deals last year, I didn't find much to buy then. Last year most everything good soldout before I could get too it. So this year isn't that bad in comparison IMO.

[quote name='LtKetch']
As I said, I havent been here that long, so maybe my opinion doesnt count, maybe I am wasting keystrokes. If so then this is one community I have no desire to be part of. Any way thanks to all who have been welcoming.[/quote]

Thank you for expressing exactly what I feel.

hmm I'm not sure if this will be the same for everyone.

Yesterday I went and bought a used plastic Link Crossbow for wii and a used GH Guitar and got 25% for both ??? maybe the wireless guitar counted but I definitely wasnt expecting the crossbow to be!

[quote name='ProfNut']Thank you for expressing exactly what I feel.[/quote]

Thanks ProfNut, good to know I'm not the only one.

Don't take the last 2 weeks as an example of what usually goes on at this site. There's a lot of new people here and it takes a few weeks for the new people to figure out how things work and the older people to acclimatize to the new people. Could politeness could be improved? Of course. We do have our hotheads who will bow up at you before thinking for a very minor thing, please just forgive them and move along. I can assure you they are getting better as time progresses and not as spirited as they once were. But understand some of the users are frustrated by the amount of people who've been registered for a while or and haven't bothered to say thank you to the deals they've been picking up. The closed group brought out a surprising amount of people. We've been trying to grow this community hoping to get a Moderator and Cheapy D to give us a bigger forum. We are grateful to have the bigger forum but could still use a Moderator to keep the rudeness down to a minimum or even just to have some one to move/delete threads.

Don't take the separate Canadian CAG group as an insult to new people. There's been a large problem for years of small deals that we've been trying to figure out how to post it to just the community members. Stuff that's only at one store, YMMV or very limited to 1 copy per store.

It's not hard to contribute. If you use a deal say Thank You, Op or a quick thank you to Lone_Prodigy for posting the flyers, FarmhouseMedia for the Amazon listing or someone who posts deals a lot like Firestorm. Also post deals or questions in the question and answer thread or Discussion forums. We've had everything posted from Go Vote Today to is this a good TV. We honestly like to be a community that's welcoming and helpful to each other.

[quote name='ragnar14']Guys, I just have to say. If you wanna elevate yourself beyond being a newbie you NEED to get yourself a avatar. You're just faceless nobodies without one...

Thanks for the tip I will work on that, no sarcasm included.

Thanks Zelda, I guess those ways to contribute are pretty obvious but honestly something I had overlooked. Also thanks for the info on the current state of things in Canadian CAG. Things make more sense now and I am getting a better feel for the people here thank you.

We are, just not you guys.

And I'm checking price changes every single day, and nada so far.
I'll try to keep you guys up to date here in the common folk forum, but there haven't really been any deals worth noting.

The whole private group thing is definitely a kick to the groin. So, because I just check on deals once in a while and don't bother/have time to sign in and post, you're just going to exclude me from certain deals? I don't buy a lot of stuff based on the deals anyway because there are very rarely any HOT deals on stuff that I'm interested in, but it's still ridiculous to segregate the "community" like this. If people are going to hoarde they're going to hoarde, this isn't stopping them only making life harder for honest people who just happen to not post very often. It's like Spore and its anti-piracy: the pirates will still find a way to pirate, but the people who just want to play the game normally get screwed.

}So, because I just check on deals once in a while and don't bother/have time to sign in and post, you're just going to exclude me from certain deals?}

Why would you or anyone else expect those of us who find the deals and go to the great *hardship* of not only logging in but to post should share them with the hoards of lurkers? What kind of member of a community are you if you are just here to read what 20 or so people are posting? Why would you expect those who post would care what people who don't think about it?

If I happen to find something of interest i'd just assume give someone who might post something I can take adavantage of a chance to get it over those who *can't be bothered to log in*

You are like file sharers with the upload turned off, no benefit to anyone, just there to take. Not only will no one care if you arent' there, it will improve the bandwith for the rest if you aren't.

I was able to drop by EB for a few minutes only to discover that Mercs 2 (PS3) and Overlord: Raising Hell (PS3) were both incompatible to be mixed (at 14.99 and 24.99 respectively). Anyone see any decent games that fall under the 10-14.99 category for the PS3? I didn't have enough time to check others...

[quote name='spzero']I was able to drop by EB for a few minutes only to discover that Mercs 2 (PS3) and Overlord: Raising Hell (PS3) were both incompatible to be mixed (at 14.99 and 24.99 respectively). Anyone see any decent games that fall under the 10-14.99 category for the PS3? I didn't have enough time to check others...[/quote]
Are all games (within the price ranges) still eligible for the "2 for X" deals? I didn't think they were.

I talked to my local EB and the lady seemed to indicate that it only applied to Last-Gen games. Isn't that what Zorba pretty much said a few days ago also?

[quote name='ragnar14'] ... While there were more deals last year, I didn't find much to buy then. ...[/quote]

Good point. Okami doesn't much matter to me because I already own a copy... but $13 used sounds like a sweet deal otherwise! Finding deals really is all relative to what games (and systems) you want/have.
:)

[quote name='CHW']Are all games (within the price ranges) still eligible for the "2 for X" deals? I didn't think they were.

I talked to my local EB and the lady seemed to indicate that it only applied to Last-Gen games. Isn't that what Zorba pretty much said a few days ago also?[/QUOTE]

Ahh yes, sorry, I totally forgot that post.

[quote name='zoro69']}So, because I just check on deals once in a while and don't bother/have time to sign in and post, you're just going to exclude me from certain deals?}

Why would you or anyone else expect those of us who find the deals and go to the great *hardship* of not only logging in but to post should share them with the hoards of lurkers? What kind of member of a community are you if you are just here to read what 20 or so people are posting? Why would you expect those who post would care what people who don't think about it?

If I happen to find something of interest i'd just assume give someone who might post something I can take adavantage of a chance to get it over those who *can't be bothered to log in*

You are like file sharers with the upload turned off, no benefit to anyone, just there to take. Not only will no one care if you arent' there, it will improve the bandwith for the rest if you aren't.[/quote]

I get your point on the "If you dont contribute, why would we care what you think..." line of reasoning. In fact that very arguement kept me from saying anything for a while now.

Let me flip it around, if you exclude and attack new people/infrequent contributors what are the chances that these people will ever become contributing members? How will your community grow? What would happen to the group of 100 if some new people started to out contribute them? Expand the group or kick out current members? I am obviously making a bigger deal of this than it really warrants but elitist groups get my goat, what can I say?

Lets take this back to its base. This website exists to keep our bald headed benefactor rolling in green so he can be kept in a custom befitting an internet space pimp. More clicks = more money. Take a look at any popular thread. At the time of writing this thread has 631 replies and 33,301 views. Great news for Cheapy and his family, but wow some people are really not contributing, oh no!!!

As an aside, next time anyone reading this wants to start a small exclusive group, just make it private and keep it that way by not rubbing all the commoners noses in it. Just so I am clear I dont have anything against the people in the group, I am sure most of you are great and I would bet some of you have even helped me in understanding all this, but some have been rude which is not helping the community, Cheapy or themselves.

[quote name='CHW']Are all games (within the price ranges) still eligible for the "2 for X" deals? I didn't think they were.

I talked to my local EB and the lady seemed to indicate that it only applied to Last-Gen games. Isn't that what Zorba pretty much said a few days ago also?[/quote]

It might be YMMV, but the EBs in the Niagara Region seem to be doing it for any system.

I picked up 2 PSP games yesterday (Metal Gear Acid 2 for $9.99 and Final Fantasy Tactics for $14.99) and the cashier had to override it.

So maybe some employees/stores aren't doing it because it's not coming up in the system, so you could request an override or have them check.

Some game deals I saw were Lego Indiana Jones (360) for $14.99 and Fracture (PS3/360) for $13.99.

[quote name='LtKetch']I get your point on the "If you dont contribute, why would we care what you think..." line of reasoning. In fact that very arguement kept me from saying anything for a while now.

Let me flip it around, if you exclude and attack new people/infrequent contributors what are the chances that these people will ever become contributing members? How will your community grow? What would happen to the group of 100 if some new people started to out contribute them? Expand the group or kick out current members? I am obviously making a bigger deal of this than it really warrants but elitist groups get my goat, what can I say?

Lets take this back to its base. This website exists to keep our bald headed benefactor rolling in green so he can be kept in a custom befitting an internet space pimp. More clicks = more money. Take a look at any popular thread. At the time of writing this thread has 631 replies and 33,301 views. Great news for Cheapy and his family, but wow some people are really not contributing, oh no!!!

As an aside, next time anyone reading this wants to start a small exclusive group, just make it private and keep it that way by not rubbing all the commoners noses in it. Just so I am clear I dont have anything against the people in the group, I am sure most of you are great and I would bet some of you have even helped me in understanding all this, but some have been rude which is not helping the community, Cheapy or themselves.[/QUOTE]

Agreed x 100.

Why not just make it a private forum if you don't want new members? :roll:

I bet half of these "veterans" are just 13 year old pre-pubescent boys whose mom buys games for.

i can comfirm that the 2 for xx deals are only for last gen now, last week was all of them. if anybody need confirmation.

picked up Superstar sega GBA(20), Metriod zero misson GBA (20)and this really cool looking game , scrub hive?(5) something like that.

If it was up to me, the group only would have been people who have posted recently. I can pretty much count all the regulars on my extremeties - funny who comes out of the woodwork when there's gains to be had. I honestly don't care how you become a regular - even a god damned "lol" when you think somethings funny works.
Either way, start posting.

Just my two cents.

[quote name='AftComet']I bet half of these "veterans" are just 13 year old pre-pubescent boys whose mom buys games for.[/quote]
Yeah, those kinds of baseless insults will really get you on people's good sides.

So even though I hardly ever actually USE the deals, I just check in to see if there's anything good, I should still post constantly to say that I checked the forum but wasn't interested? I'm just curious as to why I would do that....If I DID post that, I'd get the sarcastic response "oh thanks for sharing".

I don't post deals because I don't look for deals. You know where I look for deals? HERE! The only deals I ever see are ones that are already posted, and heaven forbid somebody should post a deal that's already posted because then without fail somebody reams into them. No thanks.

Let's be clear here. I never log in and post because I never actually use the deals. I browse to see if anything catches my eye and then move on. If I were to find something worthwhile, then I would post thanking whoever put up the deal. So to exclude me from future deals that I might actually be interested in (and use, and post) because I didn't post about deals in the past that I didn't use.....that doesn't make any sense. I'll try to post some EB deals if I see any, but usually they're up already (except it seems that some are being posted only in the private group, which is what prompted me to offer to post them here in the first place).

EDIT: I just wanted to add that I WILL be starting to post even if it doesn't really contribute anything. And just regarding your example of seeding and downloading. In this case I wouldn't be seeding because I haven't downloaded anything. If I haven't downloaded anything why would I be seeding? Should I just be seeding random things in case I someday have to download something?

After some thought I've decided to delete my very off-topic and potentially (unintentionally) flame-fanning post.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bencherstyle']i can comfirm that the 2 for xx deals are only for last gen now, last week was all of them. if anybody need confirmation.

picked up Superstar sega GBA(20), Metriod zero misson GBA (20)and this really cool looking game , scrub hive?(5) something like that.[/quote]

Is the game Scurge: Hive?
The GBA version?

[quote name='RavenousBear']Is the game Scurge: Hive?
The GBA version?[/quote]

YES! thank you :) lol, yea, i was looking at the cover art, seemed decent, didn't know what it, was but since it was 4.99, i bit, and so far, im pleased with my luck.

its fun . :D

..theres other versions?

There's a DS version of Scurge at least. I've seen the GBA one around for $5 (RCSS has had it in their bin for ages), and while I think it looks interesting too, I never pick it up because I'd want the DS version. Despite having no idea what the difference is :bouncy:

[quote name='Mattius_Carl']So even though I hardly ever actually USE the deals, I just check in to see if there's anything good, I should still post constantly to say that I checked the forum but wasn't interested? I'm just curious as to why I would do that....If I DID post that, I'd get the sarcastic response "oh thanks for sharing".

I don't post deals because I don't look for deals. You know where I look for deals? HERE! The only deals I ever see are ones that are already posted, and heaven forbid somebody should post a deal that's already posted because then without fail somebody reams into them. No thanks.

Let's be clear here. I never log in and post because I never actually use the deals. I browse to see if anything catches my eye and then move on. If I were to find something worthwhile, then I would post thanking whoever put up the deal. So to exclude me from future deals that I might actually be interested in (and use, and post) because I didn't post about deals in the past that I didn't use.....that doesn't make any sense. I'll try to post some EB deals if I see any, but usually they're up already (except it seems that some are being posted only in the private group, which is what prompted me to offer to post them here in the first place).

EDIT: I just wanted to add that I WILL be starting to post even if it doesn't really contribute anything. And just regarding your example of seeding and downloading. In this case I wouldn't be seeding because I haven't downloaded anything. If I haven't downloaded anything why would I be seeding? Should I just be seeding random things in case I someday have to download something?[/quote]

Just wanted to say that this post is what pushed me into finally getting an account and posting. I'm not an "RFD Asshat." I'm a guy who likes to save money on a few games. I saw the EB Games Flyer last week, and this thread came up when I googled it. I've checked every few days to see if there's anything that tickles my fancy.

I did manage to snag Mass Effect for 10 bucks and UT3 for 360 for... I think it's 15 or 17 bucks (I forget). There was nothing new in terms of sales for me to contribute, so I didn't. Personally, I don't care to post something if it's just a "me too." I hate being that "me too" guy.

It's sad to see that some folks like to take advantage of places like these for their own ends when it seems like everyone else on here just wants to play games and have fun.

Me too.

I've been a member of this site for like 4 years but rarely post, why? Not because I am lurker, but because I don't play that many games. When I do take advantage of a deal,or hear of something, I will post thanking, giving info about my local store, etc. I don't see a need to post for the sake of posting if something doesn't interest me. But apparently one must most around here for the sake of it, so be it I guess.

I am a lurker, too.
I only buy what interest me and use this site occasionally.

I know of the "EB - it's that time of the year" so I came to check almost daily.
But it seems extremely difficult to browse to check for "today's deals".

I submit to join the group thingy but didn't get accepted.

Is it overly protective of horders causing all these mess?

[quote name='Bencherstyle']...i picked up Superstar sega GBA(20)...[/quote]

You're gonna regret it man, game sucks ass. More repetitive than Assassin's Creed, if you can believe it.

bread's done
Back